I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading and discussing Confucius' Analects with me in this thread chapter by chapter similar to the way Lao Tzu and Chang Tzu are in their respective subforums. If there is interest I also might appeal to Sean to create a Confucius subforum as well.

• Like 1

Agree that it would be interesting to try and study / understand the thoughts / ideas of Confucius.

Why hasn't anybody thought of creating a "Confucian Bums" website, I wonder ?

Why hasn't anybody thought of creating a "Confucian Bums" website, I wonder ?

Then, we would be bored to death.

Edited by ChiDragon

SereneBlue - wonderful !!

May I suggest a small idea? Since the Nei-yeh subforum has been idle for a while... maybe we could use that and (hopefully) when the Confucian subforum is created, those threads could be just moved over. As long as the first word in the thread title is "Confucius" or "Analects"..they'd be easy to identify. Unless you feel Sean is around and it wont be a month or two... We all know he's such a busy guy. :)

Edit: Or even just start the project right here in the Taoism section, and later easily move the threads when the new subforum is created. Can you tell I'm looking forward to this? LOL

Edited by rene

Excellent idea. I think it is a wonderful idea to have a broader understanding of traditional chinese philosophy and ethics, even that which is not encompassed by our beloved Daoism :wub:

Guest RBSA

Do you believe in channelings . Meaning speaking to dead . If so , wouldn ' t be interesting waking up Confucius ?

Do you believe in channelings . Meaning speaking to dead . If so , wouldn ' t be interesting waking up Confucius ?

I'd let him sleep. His writings are Confusioning enough :).