Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Heat as an ingreident in filling the Dan Tien

I was reading TI's post -

One of the faster methods of realization is the bliss of the inner fire. Tummo. Ever hear of Buddha or the Mahamudra practice? It's all about chakras, the inner fire and the central channel. In order to do the practice, not only must one skillfully understand the method and intricacies, but one must know about the chakras.

:)

TI

Great post. I've been thinking about Tummo and some similar exercises like Healing Tao's Steaming practice lately. In discussions on filling the dan tien, I can't help but wonder about 'heat' as a necessary ingredient.

To what extent should we 'heat up' our cores? What practices do you do?

Winter is coming in 3 or 4 months, it'd be nice to bone up on Tummo.

Edited by thelerner

To what extent should we 'heat up' our cores?

Just my personal experience--

If you ever plan on raising your Kundalini.... and you deliberately 'add more heat'... it will catch up to you, should the Pingala be excessive

Like sticking a Habanero pepper in your third eye ;)

Also, sometimes anger issues flare up... i.e.,: "hot under the collar"

If the Kidneys get overly heated, high blood pressure may become a factor, as well...

Your aura will 'carry this'

Edited by Disabled Not Broken

I agree, imho one neednt contrive the heated feeling, for the heat comes as a result of the practice - the ol adage of concentrate on the fundamentals and not the phenomena. I can make my palm turn red, little tougher to make it turn white, but is that laogung breathing? not quite, its just playing around :)

• Like 2

I think passion is the most important ingredient when it comes to alchemy.

But passion does not need to be 'hot'. Everything under the sun is already burning up, anyway. It could be fragrant, ice-cold, electric, sweet as honey... The concentration of it is what's neccesary.

• Like 1

From that 6 Yogas of Naropa book (posted recently in books section), seems that heat is a byproduct and not the goal. It's a really good book BTW. Seemed also to suggest that focus on LDT is to get the 'essence' into all 3 channels (left/right and central) and the LDT is where the left and right 'feed into' the central channel. Also safer.

I get a lot of heat in the heart and top of my head spontaneously, also the back to a lesser extent. I have no idea what it's doing but Im almost certain it's not good for my health. Id be careful playing with this stuff. Too much heat is directly neurotoxic (kills your brain cells)

It is not commonly discussed, but the most important 'Kundalini energy' is not the hot one at all!

It's the 'cold one'. Not understanding this is at the root of most of the problems people have

with Kundalini.

When Kundalini first awakens, it's always felt as the hot current, because what people do is irritate

the hell out of the 'sleeper' with their hot sexual energy until She stirs. Of course the first thing

she does is enhance the existing heat; like a furry kitty laying in the Sun. So it's all heat, heat, heat

and little living beings fry their nervous system and do all this melodrama. It's all the same to Her;

she respects the limited free will of her Children; if they wish to be in a sauna of their own creation,

She won't stop them.

Now the 'sleeper' also has a cold component, and yes, the entire goal of the exercise is to allow the

two aspects of the sleeper to mix together in ecstasy.

Once this happens everything changes.

I call these energies the gold kundalini and the silver kundalini.

The pre-mixings can certainly occur in various places, such as the upper middle and lower

dan tien.

The lower dan tien is particularly important for these pre-mixings; you feel a massive cold

there, not the usual heat, as the silver kundalini takes the last leg, before entering

the hidden chamber, the silent center, the mysterious gate, the bridal suite.

It would be very beneficial if the 'other half' of the Kundalini process and the final mixing

practice were written up. Unfortunately to understand what is happening with the 'sleeper'

it takes a good chunk of spiritual cosmology and the psychology of kundalini and awakenings,

so just jamming out the final mixing instructions isn't that helpful.

You need both horses in attendance, if you wish to hold the parade.

But I'd be very interested if some Tao master showed up and described what I shared from

a Tao perspective. That would be pure awesomeness!

Love,

Kev

• Like 1

Amongst these raging flames, a cool breeze.

In the alchemical practices I've been exposed to i've questioned my Sei Gung (and others) on the observance of white hot heat in the Dan Tien turning to a

cool menthol during practice, this is the changing of yang chi into yin chi. It is transmutation of energy and a very good sign of progress in practice. The instructions given to me at that time were very simple, heat is a sign or progress, Gung, and to continually guide this heat to the heart of the palm.

Amongst these raging flames, a cool breeze.

In the alchemical practices I've been exposed to i've questioned my Sei Gung (and others) on the observance of white hot heat in the Dan Tien turning to a

cool menthol during practice, this is the changing of yang chi into yin chi. It is transmutation of energy and a very good sign of progress in practice. The instructions given to me at that time were very simple, heat is a sign or progress, Gung, and to continually guide this heat to the heart of the palm.

Could you please elaborate? Anything whatsoever.

Kundalini Yoga where i originally hailed from, does not recognize dan tien storage chambers; but they

are definitely there. All the manic focus on the spine in Kundalini yoga and all the manic focus on

hot energy.

Frankly, I was miserable 99% of my life, until this massive cold in specific spots started arriving

within me, then this feeling of mixing in the silent chamber.

This was not the result of anything i did or knew or even asked for; it was a result of the cool,

silver kundalini flowing conspicuously, and I took notes. Just FYI, I took notes for over 6 months,

so this was certainly not a fleeting 'spiritual experience' this was like cool blood flowing in my

body.

I would love to learn more about the Tao perspective.

Love,

Kev

Just my personal experience--

If you ever plan on raising your Kundalini.... and you deliberately 'add more heat'... it will catch up to you, should the Pingala be excessive

Like sticking a Habanero pepper in your third eye ;)

Also, sometimes anger issues flare up... i.e.,: "hot under the collar"

If the Kidneys get overly heated, high blood pressure may become a factor, as well...

Your aura will 'carry this'

Hi DNB :)

The various methods which describe the tummo practice have a first step of a sort of alternate nostril breathing. The purpose is to balance ida and pingala, the left and right channels. You can tell if you have succeeded in this by checking that you have equal breath flow through both nostrils. If the flow of breath through one nostril is greater or more pronounced, you will not be able to dissolve the left and right channels into the sushumna/central channel. If you practice tummo without first having the ida and pinagala balanced, the heat will not enter the central channel and will flow on the outside, producing bodily heat. Or even, it may well flow into ida or pingala (the left and right channels) producing cold or heat. This is incorrect practice.

Actually, just the practice of clearing both nostrils so that the breath is flowing smoothly and evenly through both nostrils is a practice in itself. Normally the predominant nostril breath flow changes from one side to the other every couple hours throughout the day. If you catch yourself at that point when the predominant nostril is switching to the other, it is very easy to collapse ida and pingala into the top of the central channel at the third eye by gently breathing inwards through the nose and 'sucking' inwards while putting your tongue on the palette and rolling your eyes upwards.. Otherwise, you do the alternate nostril type of breathing to clear and balance the nostrils before practice..

The method of tummo is very interesting. There are five pranas/winds in the body. When you breathe in you gather prana at the navel chakra. When you perform a root lock (tightening the orifices in the bottom torso, it causes the apana (downward flowing prana) to reverse and be drawn up to the navel chakra. By silently swallowing, you are then mixing in another type of prana (vayu). Then, by holding your breath, focusing on the navel chakra, along with the root lock, this mixture of different forms of prana combines and produces heat.

The next step is to take the heat up the central channel when gently exhaling and this causes blazing. At first it is a small flame that ignites. Later, the flame grows and produces more heat, the heat rises up the central channel and melts the red and white kundalini drops in the heart and head chakras.

It is interesting to note that all of these texts: "The Clear Light of Bliss", "Bliss of Inner Fire" and "The 6 Yogas of Naropa" take the heat from the navel directly to the central channel, bypassing the two lower chakras!

It is said that it is the heat in the central channel that loosens the three knots/granthis.

So, yes, I agree. If you have not opened both nostrils and balanced the left and right channels, or if you do not take the heat into the central channel, you will experience external heat and possibly adverse phenomenon.

Also, don't take the heat into the kidneys. Learn proper technique.

TI

Warmly received my new pen pal,

In classical chinese literature the chakras are refered to as cinnabar fields, in the white cloud diagram the fields are coupled by the spine. The meditative poetry accompanies both the upward flow of the governing vessel, and the downward flow of the conception vessel. Fire Up, Water Down. Often times meditators or people with specific dispositions experience both hot and cold sensations simultaneously. Certain practices which bring the body into balance can amplify these feelings before giving birth to a new dimension of consciousness.

Edited here to make a distinction between feeling "cold" as a sensation of numbness of lack of flow, compared to hear that is so hot it is cold, like being burned by ice.

From reading your description is sounds like you've directly experienced a shift like this. There are a variety of subtle sensations that ancient practices awaken which modern media based popular culture offers no guidance. The Vedic texts, Yoga Sutras, etc were transmitted orally through four thousand years of history without a telephone or internet, face to face.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Edited by Diamond Spectrum

I get a lot of heat in the heart and top of my head spontaneously, also the back to a lesser extent. I have no idea what it's doing but Im almost certain it's not good for my health. Id be careful playing with this stuff. Too much heat is directly neurotoxic (kills your brain cells)

Mike,

if what you say is true, and it seems that way, as your symptoms are the universal ones,

you are at a difficult crossroads.

Perfect semen retention would help you immeasurably.

Those vital essences buttress the nervous system, and would save you, they are in fact a superior

source of fuel for your brain and nervous system.

You are experiencing 220 volts in christmas lighting.

I've read various letters from people who sent pleas for help to Gopi Krishnas foundation,

and their brains were burning and they were insane.

Not a one of them would take the advice which might have saved their lives. (because they were insane!)

You are not there yet, apparently, but I'd hate to see that happen to you.

Love,

Kev

Silver cord in the 'central channel' -yes

Golden bubbles rising - yes

Purple cloud - yes

Some overheating and (cough cough) 'anger issues' - yes

But these days I've cooled way off - easies for a water gal hanging out in an almost-forest:-) No ff-ing office for now:-)

Not everything is within one's control IME.

• Like 2

Silver cord in the 'central channel' -yes

Golden bubbles rising - yes

Purple cloud - yes

Some overheating and (cough cough) 'anger issues' - yes

But these days I've cooled way off - easies for a water gal hanging out in an almost-forest:-) No ff-ing office for now:-)

Not everything is within one's control IME.

Huh. I have spent 50 years as a hermit, and here I crawl out and hear others having extremely similar

perceptions to my own.

Yes, naturally the sushumna is silver, starting in phase 2.

Yes, naturally you feel/see golden bubbles.

The 'golden bubbles' are 'maya burning off', and also the 'soul' the little temporary vehicle

is in fact, of a golden nature.

This is why people are said to be 'illuminated' at a certain point; the 'soul' becomes most

vibrant, right before it burns away forever.

Now you got me on the purple cloud; I have no experience or book knowledge or 'feeling' or 'sight'

on that one. Might you explain?

Love,

Kev

It's just a "purple cloud". Like around me and then is me. From time to time I get that one. I used to 'use it' for stuff. Used to pretend a bunch of stuff with it, but really it's just a purple cloud. Not very useful, except maybe for me:-)

Way way back I read that big pink qigong book and it suggested using all kinds of stuff, including other entities, although they were created "by the book". As I gather, I don't want any other entities involved in my qi-gong (especially because some things can take on an existence (note I don't say "Life") of their own - take kitten memes for a silly example, but an example all the same;-)

Later, the flame grows and produces more heat, the heat rises up the central channel and melts the red and white kundalini drops in the heart and head chakras.

It is interesting to note that all of these texts: "The Clear Light of Bliss", "Bliss of Inner Fire" and "The 6 Yogas of Naropa" take the heat from the navel directly to the central channel, bypassing the two lower chakras!

Let's see, the drop at the crown melts, and drips down the central channel, all the way to the bottom.

Or so I'm told.

Edited by Creation

It's just a "purple cloud". Like around me and then is me. From time to time I get that one. I used to 'use it' for stuff. Used to pretend a bunch of stuff with it, but really it's just a purple cloud. Not very useful, except maybe for me:-)

Way way back I read that big pink qigong book and it suggested using all kinds of stuff, including other entities, although they were created "by the book". As I gather, I don't want any other entities involved in my qi-gong (especially because some things can take on an existence (note I don't say "Life") of their own - take kitten memes for a silly example, but an example all the same;-)

Ah I see. When I was in my early teens, I decided that I would feed all living beings, and do so until

all the universes ended, and even blades of grass were enlightened. Then opened up all the way and let the

feeding begin.

I'm sure you know how THAT brilliant little plan worked out. I guess that was my purple cloud ;-)

Love,

Kev

Hi DNB :)

The various methods which describe the tummo practice have a first step of a sort of alternate nostril breathing. The purpose is to balance ida and pingala, the left and right channels. You can tell if you have succeeded in this by checking that you have equal breath flow through both nostrils. If the flow of breath through one nostril is greater or more pronounced, you will not be able to dissolve the left and right channels into the sushumna/central channel. If you practice tummo without first having the ida and pinagala balanced, the heat will not enter the central channel and will flow on the outside, producing bodily heat. Or even, it may well flow into ida or pingala (the left and right channels) producing cold or heat. This is incorrect practice.

Actually, just the practice of clearing both nostrils so that the breath is flowing smoothly and evenly through both nostrils is a practice in itself. Normally the predominant nostril breath flow changes from one side to the other every couple hours throughout the day. If you catch yourself at that point when the predominant nostril is switching to the other, it is very easy to collapse ida and pingala into the top of the central channel at the third eye by gently breathing inwards through the nose and 'sucking' inwards while putting your tongue on the palette and rolling your eyes upwards.. Otherwise, you do the alternate nostril type of breathing to clear and balance the nostrils before practice..

The method of tummo is very interesting. There are five pranas/winds in the body. When you breathe in you gather prana at the navel chakra. When you perform a root lock (tightening the orifices in the bottom torso, it causes the apana (downward flowing prana) to reverse and be drawn up to the navel chakra. By silently swallowing, you are then mixing in another type of prana (vayu). Then, by holding your breath, focusing on the navel chakra, along with the root lock, this mixture of different forms of prana combines and produces heat.

The next step is to take the heat up the central channel when gently exhaling and this causes blazing. At first it is a small flame that ignites. Later, the flame grows and produces more heat, the heat rises up the central channel and melts the red and white kundalini drops in the heart and head chakras.

It is said that it is the heat in the central channel that loosens the three knots/granthis.

So, yes, I agree. If you have not opened both nostrils and balanced the left and right channels, or if you do not take the heat into the central channel, you will experience external heat and possibly adverse phenomenon.

Also, don't take the heat into the kidneys. Learn proper technique.

TI

I've used to practice Pranayama, but many years ago broke my nose [lol approx 12 times/MMA] - so I have a Deviated Septum -so deviated, it's bloody devious ;)

So when I get thrown a slider from the Universe, I try varying techniques.

I utilize Pore Breathing [magick technique], and bypass some channels and directly fill them with the pore breathing. Breathe directly into nadis, chakras, etc.,

I've done Red Phoenix before I learned it, however, breathing through all 3 third eyes and the other 2 Dan Tiens @ same time.

g`Tummo [again, per your great instruction] : I can do via the Pore Breathing the 5 Elements. Can do it per tertiary system, or full-on. Inhale fire, water, etc.,

If I am cold, I make my body a red balloon and inhale fire element - the room will also get noticeably warmer, and others can feel it too.

If one gets really good at this[these] techniques, Djinn, or salamander Elementals {fire} may show up :)

Edited by Disabled Not Broken
  • Like 2

Let's see, the drop at the crown melts, and drips down the central channel, all the way to the bottom.

Or so I'm told.

Hi Creation,

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my statement. When you first produce the heat at the navel, you take it into the central channel and then upwards. This bypasses the lower chakras. I pointed this out because most forms of kriya practice start at the root and go upwards. However in Buddhism, you start at the navel and then up. That is the distinction.

When the drops melt, the practitioner can control the melting of the drops and then, the melting of the drops is taken all the way to bottom secret chakra through the central channel.

There are some books which are free online, by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, which explain the entire structure of the chakras, the winds and the drops.

Clear Light of Bliss

For three free books on Modern Buddhism by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso see this link:

link: http://www.emodernbuddhism.com/

This is from Modern Buddhism Vol 2:

The Tantra of Completion Stage

Generation stage is like drawing the basic outline of a picture

and completion stage is like completing the picture. Whereas

the principal objects of generation stage meditation the

mandala and Deities are generated by correct imagination,

the principal objects of completion stage meditation the

channels, drops and winds already exist within our body

and there is no need to generate them through the power of

imagination. For this reason completion stage is not a creative

yoga.

Completion stage Tantra is defined as an inner realization of

learning developed in dependence upon the inner winds entering,

abiding and dissolving within the central channel through

the force of meditations. The objects of these meditations are

the central channel, the indestructible drop, and the indestructible

wind and mind.

THE CENTRAL CHANNEL

The central channel is located exactly midway between the

left and right halves of the body, but is closer to the back than

the front. Immediately in front of the spine is the life channel,

which is quite thick, and in front of this is the central channel.

It begins at the point between the eyebrows, from where it

ascends in an arch to the crown of the head, and then descends

in a straight line to the tip of the sex organ.

The central channel is pale blue on the outside and has four

attributes: (1) it is very straight, like the trunk of a plantain tree;

(2) inside it is an oily red colour, like pure blood; (3) it is very

clear and transparent, like a candle flame; and (4) it is very soft

and flexible, like a lotus petal.

At either side of the central channel, with no intervening

space, are the right and left channels. The right channel is red

in colour and the left is white. The right channel begins at

the tip of the right nostril and the left channel at the tip of

the left nostril. From there, they both ascend in an arch to the

crown of the head, at either side of the central channel. From

the crown of the head down to the navel, these three main

channels are straight and adjacent to one another. As the left

channel continues down below the level of the navel, it curves

a little to the right, separating slightly from the central channel

and rejoining it at the tip of the sex organ. There it functions to

hold and release sperm, blood and urine. As the right channel

continues down below the level of the navel, it curves a little

to the left and terminates at the tip of the anus, where it functions

to hold and release faeces and so forth.

The right and left channels coil around the central channel at

various places, thereby forming the so-called channel knots.

The four places at which these knots occur are, in ascending

order: the navel channel wheel, or navel chakra, the heart channel

wheel, the throat channel wheel and the crown channel

wheel. At each of these places, except at the heart, there is a

twofold knot formed by a single coil of the right channel and

a single coil of the left. As the right and left channels ascend

to these places, they coil around the central channel by crossing

in front and then looping around it. They then continue

upward to the level of the next knot. At the heart level, the

same thing happens, except that here there is a sixfold knot

formed by three overlapping loops of each of the flanking

channels. The channels are the paths through which the inner

winds and drops flow. To begin with, it is sufficient simply to

become familiar with the description and visualization of the

three channels.

AN EXPLANATION OF CHANNELS

There are three main channels: the central channel, the right

channel and the left channel. The central channel is like the

pole of an umbrella, running through the centre of each of the

channel wheels, and the other two run either side of it. The

central channel is pale blue and has four attributes: (1) it is very

straight, like the trunk of a plantain tree; (2) inside it has an oily

red colour, like pure blood; (3) it is very clear and transparent,

like a candle flame; and (4) it is very soft and flexible, like a

lotus petal.

The central channel is located exactly midway between the

left and right halves of the body, but is closer to the back than

the front. Immediately in front of the spine, there is the life

channel, which is quite thick; and in front of this is the central

channel. As mentioned before, it begins at the point between

the eyebrows, from where it ascends in an arch to the crown

of the head and then descends in a straight line to the tip of

the sex organ. Although its most common name is the central

channel, it is also known as the two abandonments because

gathering the winds into this channel causes the negative

activity associated with the winds of the right and left channels

to be abandoned. It is also known as the mind channel

and as Rahu.

Either side of the central channel, with no intervening space,

are the right and left channels. The right channel is red in colour

and the left is white. The right channel begins at the tip of the

right nostril and the left channel at the tip of the left nostril.

From there they both ascend in an arch to the crown of the

head, either side of the central channel. From the crown of the

head down to the navel, these three major channels are straight

and adjacent to one another. As the left channel continues

down below the level of the navel, it curves a little to the right,

separating slightly from the central channel and rejoining it at

the tip of the sex organ. There it functions to hold and release

sperm, blood and urine. As the right channel continues down

below the level of the navel, it curves a little to the left and

terminates at the tip of the anus, where it functions to hold and

release faeces and so forth.

Other names for the right channel are the sun channel, the

speech channel and the channel of the subjective holder.

This last title indicates that the winds flowing through this

channel cause the generation of conceptions developed in

terms of the subjective mind. Other names for the left channel

are the moon channel, the body channel and the channel

of the held object, with the last title indicating that the winds

flowing through this channel cause the generation of conceptions

developed in terms of the object.

The right and left channels coil around the central channel at

various places, thereby forming the so-called channel knots.

The four places at which these knots occur are, in ascending

order, the navel channel wheel, the heart channel wheel, the

throat channel wheel and the crown channel wheel. At each

of these places, except at the heart level, there is one two-fold

knot formed by a single coil of the right channel and a single

coil of the left. As the right and left channels ascend to these

places, they coil around the central channel by crossing in front

and then looping around it. They then continue upward to the

level of the next knot. At the heart level, the same thing happens,

except that here there is a six-fold knot formed by three

overlapping loops of each of the flanking channels.

The four places where these knots occur are four of the six

major channel wheels. At each of the six major channel wheels,

a different number of spokes, or petals, branch off from the

central channel in the same way that the ribs of an umbrella

appear to branch off from the central pole. Thus, at the crown

channel wheel (known as the great bliss wheel) there are

thirty-two such petals or channel spokes, all of them white in

colour. The centre is triangular with the apex facing forwards.

(This refers to the shape of the coiled knot through which

the spokes emanate, as seen from the top.) These thirty-two

spokes arch downwards, like the ribs of an upright umbrella.

A description of this and the three other major channel wheels

where knots occur is given in Chart 1.

And here is the melting of the drops..

The bliss that arises from the melting of drops inside

channels other than the central channel has no special qualities.

When ordinary beings engage in sexual intercourse, for

example, this causes their downward-voiding wind to move

upwards, and this in turn causes their ordinary inner heat, or

tummo, to increase in their right and left channels, principally

in the left. As a result the red drops of the woman and the white

drops of the man melt and flow through the left channel. This

flowing of the drops causes them to experience some bliss, but

it is very short-lived and the drops are soon released. Having

had this brief experience of bliss, they are not left with any

good results, except maybe a baby!

By contrast, when a qualified Tantric practitioner practises

the completion stage meditations that are explained

above, he or she will cause his inner winds to gather, abide

and dissolve within the central channel. This will cause the

downward-voiding wind located just below the navel to move

upwards. Normally this wind functions to release the drops,

but because it is now rising within the central channel, the

inner heat located at the navel will increase inside the central

channel, thereby causing the drops to melt and flow also inside

the central channel.

For the practitioner of a male Deity, the white drop begins

to flow down from the crown and, when it reaches the throat,

the practitioner experiences a very special bliss possessing the

two characteristics, or qualities. As the drop flows down to

the heart, the bliss becomes stronger and more qualified; as it

flows down to the navel, the bliss becomes even stronger and

more qualified; and finally, as it flows down to the tip of the

sex organ, the practitioner experiences spontaneous great bliss

the great bliss of completion stage. Because the downwardvoiding

wind is reversed, the drop is not released at this point

but flows up again through the central channel, causing the

practitioner to experience even greater bliss. For such a practitioner,

the drops are never released and so they flow up and

down the central channel for a very long time, giving rise to

unceasing bliss. The practitioner can cause such bliss to manifest

at any time simply by penetrating the central channel with

concentration.

The stronger this bliss becomes, the more subtle our mind

becomes. Gradually our mind becomes very peaceful, all

conceptual distractions disappear, and we experience very

special suppleness. This mind is infinitely superior to the

experience of tranquil abiding explained in Sutra teachings.

Moreover, as our mind becomes more subtle our subtle

mistaken appearance is reduced, and eventually our mind

becomes the very subtle mind of the clear light of bliss.

This is a very high realization. When the clear light of bliss

concentrates on emptiness it mixes with emptiness very easily

because subtle mistaken appearance is greatly reduced.

Finally it realizes emptiness directly, and whereas previously

it felt as if our bliss and emptiness were two things, now they

have become one nature. This mind is the union of great bliss

and emptiness, or meaning clear light.

The initial realization of the union of great bliss and emptiness

is the path of seeing of Highest Yoga Tantra. However,

even though it is only the path of seeing, it has the power to

eliminate both the intellectually-formed delusions and innate

delusions together. When the practitioner rises from this concentration

of the union of bliss and emptiness, he or she has

abandoned all the delusions and has attained liberation. At the

same time, he or she has attained the pure illusory body. From

that moment, the practitioners body is a vajra body, which

means a deathless body, and he or she will never again experience

ageing, sickness or contaminated rebirth.

TI

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Chipping in a little late:

I would vouch for what K says;

The heat that is created is just a symptom, and should not be forced.

only necessary ingredient; resonance and alignment.

h

• Like 2

only necessary ingredient; resonance and alignment.

h

I like this. Could you go into more description of what you mean by resonance & alignment?

I see resonance as a feeling or affirmation done then let go of, seeing if it echoes through emptiness to get deeper. Alignment? To what extent do see it as physical, mental, or spiritual.

Thanks

Brilliant :D

He said so after a session where we meditated on the LDT, and I sat with my eyes closed.

After a while I felt a bright hot sensation in my belly. I opened my eyes and saw my teacher hold a talisman in his hand. He turned it back and forth,and as he did, the sensation came and went in my belly.

He spoke little about it, yet I deduce that the actual "heat" was transmitted, not created.

h

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this