astralc

Astral travel via the Base Chakra

There is so much information about the higher chakras, or energy centres, that I thought to 'put out there' some of my experience with the other chakras. There are many students of chi who make the mistake of pushing chi / energy into their head centres before they have developed the ability to discharge excess chi back out of it. They get themselves into all sorts of trouble which could be prevented by safe practices, but the lure of the wonders of the higher chakras is sometimes just too luring.

Firstly, there is no difference between astral travel from the head centres than the dan tien than the base chakra, once you are 'out there' thats it, it doesn't matter how or where or why.

Simple How to...

I start with deep physical relaxation, then abdominal breathing. I bring my mind down to my navel and then centre the breath behind it, in the dan tien. The next step is to go even deeper into a relaxed state, deeper and deeper until you can lose consciousness. On the way to these deeper states I bring my awareness to my Base Chakra.

The Base Chakra is located, in the male, at the Million Dollar Point, between the scrotum and the anus. For a woman it is the G-Spot, just inside the vagina and to its front on the bone wall.

I place my awareness at the Base chakra, imagining a beam of light, warm and buzzing, which flows from beyond my feet (and I am lying down on my bed), and connected to the Earth. It is about the diameter of a ping pong ball for me. By this stage I am quite relaxed, deeply relaxed actually, almost asleep, and I imagine this light beam being drawn up into my Base Chakra and into my dan tien. There its roars into the furnace and pours warmth into my abdomen.

As I slip deeper into the unconscious state at this stage, I will be wavering on the edge of consciousness and unconsciousness. When I tip over into the unconscious, into my dream world, I am able, not all the time, but sometimes, to be able to jump or enter the dream I have dropped into.

By this time the beam of energy into my Base Chakra is warm, even hot, and buzzing, and I can float about the landscape on a beam of light, from my Base Chakra. I can bounce around, and I can fly, with that beam of light blazing behind me like Astro Boys feet. It is a joyful experience and much the same as any other astral travel experience.

Sometimes I will shift to dan tien movement, being drawn by the dan tien, or the head chakras will be open, automatically, and I can move via that as well. I am no longer limited by my Base Chakra, it is just a means to get in there, a safe means.

This practice is simple, and very very safe. One way to practice is by doing PC crunches (pelvic floor exercises) maybe up to 50 crunches at a time during the day, you will sensitise your base chakra to chi. Both men and women can do these, just tighten up your base chakra, you will feel it when you tighten up your abdomen and vagina / penis muscles.

It does NOT induce excess sexual urges, in fact it is not all that sexual at all, unless you want to, and add lots of chi to it. Then it feels nice, warm and humming with energy but does not necessarily induce a desire for sex (thank goodness). I suppose if you over worked it then you could, but it is not much more sexual than the dan tien.

Anyway, I welcome comments and your experiences, maybe this will help those students of the spirit, to explore other means of spiritual projection.

Astralc

Interesting info. Wish i could add more to the thread, but my experiences with Astral Travel is extremely limited.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Interesting info. Wish i could add more to the thread, but my experiences with Astral Travel is extremely limited.

-My 2 cents, Peace

OldGreen, give it a go and see what happens, it does take practice, it sure does, but the hardest part is becoming deeply relaxed, you must drop off into sleep to get into the unconscious, to drop off the edge into the lucid state.

So, train to go to sleep, best done during the day as a power nap, thats what I try to do every day, power nap, and sometimes I will astral travel with it.

IS there a difference with lucid dreaming and astral travel?

jconnar, if I understand your question properly, yes there is a difference, lucid dreaming is more passive like remote viewing, while astral traveling is being there and doing it and being conscious while you do it.

I think the defining point is that in the astral you 'feel' yourself there, it is like a real life experience and exciting, the kundalini surges through your body like a fire and makes you ALIVE, you feel more alive in the astral than when awake, at least I do :)

I hope I explained that OK, maybe someone else can add to it?

I think I know what you mean.

Lucid dreaming is like you were a spectator watching the event which was taken place in the dream.

Astral travel is like you are actually participating the action yourself in the dream.

Edited by ChiDragon

A Question: Astralc, for you personally is Astral Travel just a cool trick or has it some way complimented or added a level of depth to your practice?

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

A Question: Astralc, for you personally is Astral Travel just a cool trick or has it some way complimented or added a level of depth to your practice?

-My 2 cents, Peace

OldGreen, Astral travel is something that helped me not to be afraid of death, I have met relatives and friends who had died, thats one thing that has made a difference to my life. I have also had experiences with people/spirits/entities who taught me things, about my work, my meditations and healing. So, once it is no longer a novelty it can lead to other experiences. No, it is not a trick but it certainly is an enjoyable experience.

Sloppy, mmm, do you mean that I do not know what a lucid dream is or that I have never had one? My answer was in consideration that my definition may be different to others, which is why I asked for comments. If I take my own experiences of lucid dreaming into account, then the answer is, no, it is not lucid dreaming. I hope that has helped clear this up.

• Like 3

IS there a difference with lucid dreaming and astral travel?

The absolutely classic definition of lucid dreaming is when you become both aware of that you are in a dream, and subsequently start to act consciously in the dream.

Astral travel utilizes a displacement of consciousness - often into a body of prana - and one then explores other planes, even this one in realtime.

Mandrake

• Like 1

The absolutely classic definition of lucid dreaming is when you become both aware of that you are in a dream, and subsequently start to act consciously in the dream.

Interesting. The definition I know (which actually suits the term "lucid" very well) is that it's when the dream 'feels' just like reality.

Which would mean that there is still a difference to waking reality: the fact that you act like automatic in a situation that doesn't have to be realistic, but you accept everything happening as real. Which is kind of the opposite of said absolute classic definition.

Frustrating how society often turns things into their opposites. (which could be called perversion)

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

I only once experienced real Astral travel,I was just about half way out of my body when I saw a ghost sitting on my bed who looked like an heroin addict who died from an overdose,this scared me and so I returned completely in my body

• Like 1

Josama, thats a frightening experience, I have been lucky not to have had that sort of experience.

What I was endeavouring to do with this thread was to encourage others to explore the lower chakras. Unwittingly there is always so much more emphasis on the crown and third eye chakras, however the higher you go the more problematic it becomes to the novice, and even experienced meditators can get into difficulty by over-emphasising the higher chakras.

The lower chakras, namely the base and the navel / dan tien, are well within the body, they have no emotional connotations, you can explore them safely, and not get into trouble emotionally or mentally.

The base chakra is totally enjoyable, it is the base of the spine and forward of it, it sits at the base of the male penis shaft and inside the front part of the female vagina. So, of course, it is also connected to the sexual organs. But please do not be put off by that, it doesn't stimulate excess sexual desire or dominate your thoughts with sex. It can raise your sexual energy though, for intense sexual pleasure, intense orgasm and staying power. For those who enjoy the Big Draw, holding back and stopping physical orgasm, it is that part of your body that is its centre.

However, getting away from its sexual side, it is also powerful in moving you 'out of body' and into the astral planes. By practicing to move chi into and through the base chakra you generate more 'personal power' for spiritual activities. And funnily enough, when you go to sleep you have more power in your dream body for OOB and astral travel. Its the staying power in OOB thats just as important as getting out there, and the more power you have the longer you can stay 'out'.

The higher chakras are so sensitive that they can easily be over stimulated, then the headaches start, then the anxiety and mood swings, the paranoia and delusions and this it is so hard to stop once it gets going.

My advice has always been to stay away from the higher chakras, they will open by themselves without your input, when they are ready. Thus do your chi gung and tai chi but include the base and navel chakras, along with your microcosmic orbit and 5 element meditations, these are safe and powerful preparation exercises for your ongoing spiritual journey.

astralc

Edited by astralc
  • Like 2

Guest RBSA

I want to punctuate more ideas .

First i would like to say somethimes i see halos . I told one guy i can see his halo and he said it does not exist such things as halos and that my mother should have smoked something when i was in womb . :)

Another thing is that in 2008 i began to see when i was on bed a blue vibrant spot increasing and decreasing . I immediately knew it is related to third eye . It is my second extrasenzorial experience . I don ' t know to work with it even now .

There is so much information about the higher chakras, or energy centres, that I thought to 'put out there' some of my experience with the other chakras. There are many students of chi who make the mistake of pushing chi / energy into their head centres before they have developed the ability to discharge excess chi back out of it. They get themselves into all sorts of trouble which could be prevented by safe practices, but the lure of the wonders of the higher chakras is sometimes just too luring.

Firstly, there is no difference between astral travel from the head centres than the dan tien than the base chakra, once you are 'out there' thats it, it doesn't matter how or where or why.

Simple How to...

I start with deep physical relaxation, then abdominal breathing. I bring my mind down to my navel and then centre the breath behind it, in the dan tien. The next step is to go even deeper into a relaxed state, deeper and deeper until you can lose consciousness. On the way to these deeper states I bring my awareness to my Base Chakra.

The Base Chakra is located, in the male, at the Million Dollar Point, between the scrotum and the anus. For a woman it is the G-Spot, just inside the vagina and to its front on the bone wall.

I place my awareness at the Base chakra, imagining a beam of light, warm and buzzing, which flows from beyond my feet (and I am lying down on my bed), and connected to the Earth. It is about the diameter of a ping pong ball for me. By this stage I am quite relaxed, deeply relaxed actually, almost asleep, and I imagine this light beam being drawn up into my Base Chakra and into my dan tien. There its roars into the furnace and pours warmth into my abdomen.

As I slip deeper into the unconscious state at this stage, I will be wavering on the edge of consciousness and unconsciousness. When I tip over into the unconscious, into my dream world, I am able, not all the time, but sometimes, to be able to jump or enter the dream I have dropped into.

By this time the beam of energy into my Base Chakra is warm, even hot, and buzzing, and I can float about the landscape on a beam of light, from my Base Chakra. I can bounce around, and I can fly, with that beam of light blazing behind me like Astro Boys feet. It is a joyful experience and much the same as any other astral travel experience.

Sometimes I will shift to dan tien movement, being drawn by the dan tien, or the head chakras will be open, automatically, and I can move via that as well. I am no longer limited by my Base Chakra, it is just a means to get in there, a safe means.

This practice is simple, and very very safe. One way to practice is by doing PC crunches (pelvic floor exercises) maybe up to 50 crunches at a time during the day, you will sensitise your base chakra to chi. Both men and women can do these, just tighten up your base chakra, you will feel it when you tighten up your abdomen and vagina / penis muscles.

It does NOT induce excess sexual urges, in fact it is not all that sexual at all, unless you want to, and add lots of chi to it. Then it feels nice, warm and humming with energy but does not necessarily induce a desire for sex (thank goodness). I suppose if you over worked it then you could, but it is not much more sexual than the dan tien.

Anyway, I welcome comments and your experiences, maybe this will help those students of the spirit, to explore other means of spiritual projection.

Astralc

Thanks for sharing this. I really wonder if working on chakras or some particular chakra do result in having more lucid dreams, do you have any experiences with this? Would you call yourself a natural astral dreamer or working with energy did get you there?

Hi Baloony, I have been away from the forum for some months, I hope you are still around. My astral travelling started after I began tai chi, not before. But having said that I was always the odd one in my family, like seeing ghosts, not often or many back then, much more so after starting tai chi.

As for working on chakras for specific skills, yes, sure does work, give it a try, but best done under supervision.

RBSA, I hope you take up something like tai chi, it will truely help with your spiritual work.

• Like 1

I only once experienced real Astral travel,I was just about half way out of my body when I saw a ghost sitting on my bed who looked like an heroin addict who died from an overdose,this scared me and so I returned completely in my body

Josama, once, many years ago, when my wife and I visited her mother, we slept that night in the main bedroom. I woke up in the astral to find their deceased dog in the room, that was nice, but so too was a peeping tom. A young man, who should not have been there, was standing there spying on us. I was horrified at him being there in the bedroom with us, I let loose and yelled at him to "Get lost!" He turned and saw me, his hair stood on end and he took off through the wall like a bullet, like he had seen a ghost!! All I can think of is that he hadn't ever experienced someone else on the astral while he was doing his thing. I don't know if he was a fellow astral traveller, a dreamer, or a dead dude stuck on this plane.

Its good to ask the entity if its an inorganic being, if it is then it will say yes. Next good questions is to ask it if it is your friend it will also tell you the truth so you will generally know who are you dealing with. Sometimes people deal with projections of their own or other projections. One should question things and also question inorganic beings because that makes you advance further.

astralc do you use fire energy straight away to open your root chakra in contrary to watery energy?

thanks

Next good questions is to ask it if it is your friend it will also tell you the truth so you will generally know who are you dealing with.

How do you know it will tell the truth? No matter how much you question how do you ever know if anything is the truth?

How do you know it will tell the truth? No matter how much you question how do you ever know if anything is the truth?

First you can check it out by using your reason and logic. Secondly it will tell you the truth because its a different reality and a different energy body. Its a realm of doing and action, not the thing you are used on here which is listening to your mind telling you lies all the time until you die. Entities also do their thing and in contact with them you don't actually talk each other but use a "universal translator" of energy acting between you. This energy is a concrete thing and cannot be a lie, but instead its what it is. So next you should learn to see energy in dreaming, that would give you ability to see the core of things and know things directly. Answers to your questions you hear are a good guide for dreaming but not for living a social life so this is something you should consider when asking questions. Answers surely can be deceptive because of the questions, so its best to keep things simple and prepare yourself in advance for the task.

Also in Astral travel you can use your astral body to see your own future, also present and past. You could see where your current path takes you to. That means you can see how and when you die, also you can change that, you can change your life and your path. Seeing your future (actually the present) definitively isn't a dead end road and its way deeper than "expanding your mind" because now you use a different mind, an astral mind with a different body with their own set of chakras in a different reality altogether. Astral travel is a path of enhancing your awareness because as you can work on your chakras here you can also work on your astral body chakras as well as other energy bodys.

Also a good thing to mention is that astral traveling isn't a path of power. Power is needed if you want to override yourself and achieve something in the terms of impossible so if you want it you have to dig a bit more into dreaming and the nature of your energy bodies.

Lastly I'm not here to convince anybody of anything, dreaming and astral travel aren't suited for everyone so if you think this isn't for you then you should stick with whatever you think is best for you.

Edited by Baloony
  • Like 2

Panic does give rise to many false starts - not just from seeing other beings, but even the initial sensation of separation from the physical body can have one snapping back in an instant. Something to keep in mind is that one astral projects natrually, even when unconcious of it (in fact, unless one has entered into this state consiously through meditation or use of -gasp- drugs one would have no way of knowing that one was out). Occasionally one may become concious during projection, which is usually what happens to me.

I believe that there are potentially many dead persons who may be lost in their astral form, and if one should happen across one of these, it would be a kindness to help them, if you can. Just as one can find opportunities to help others in the astral realms (there are many layers of reality) you may also encounter others who are willing to help you. Not all teachers are to be found in the physical world!

Most of all, try not to be afraid; the astral experiance is just that: an experience - one that may add additional depth and understanding to your own development, if you choose to accept it.

• Like 2

Personally, it leads to a dead end road. You are just expanding your mind, grasping at mental proliferations and grasping at self-view! But you are still trapped in Samsara. Put more effort into purifying the mind. The Noble Eightfold path is the real game.

Gerard, why do you think that spiritual work such as astral travel leads to a dead end? Is this your own experience or did you read it somewhere or your master told you? And could you please elaborate on purifying the mind? Thanks.

Its good to ask the entity if its an inorganic being, if it is then it will say yes. Next good questions is to ask it if it is your friend it will also tell you the truth so you will generally know who are you dealing with. Sometimes people deal with projections of their own or other projections. One should question things and also question inorganic beings because that makes you advance further.

astralc do you use fire energy straight away to open your root chakra in contrary to watery energy?

thanks

Baloony, good question, I always astral travel when asleep or in deep meditation, so I would say that it is water chi. The chi that runs through the boody is enormous but doesn't burn.

Asking entities questions isn't always possible, my reaction was immediate, I had no time to ask how he was going, I just got angry. It was a spontaneous reaction which was appropriate at the time. Other experiences with entities in the astral plane do not elicit such a reaction, quite the contrary.

The thing with dreaming and astral projections is that there is so many astral projectors on the world that describe their travels and also many of those who do it naturally (talented) and for many of these people its just enough to have an experience of it, its enough something happens to them so this actually in a way leads to an dead end in self progress. You can't call progress being stuck at one level of achievement. Many people don't care about progressing whatsoever and if they did they would have ask questions about such things to their "guides" or friendly inorganic beings example. Usually people just want to change everybody to fit themselves instead of changing themselves, that's why when something like astral projection happens they react like they would react in a waking life, they use their mind to make interpretation of things instead of using this other possibility (impossibility) of changing their lives. So to do that you really need to engage your will to do it, you can't just expect you are like that from the start, that's delusional thinking. If you really want to make a good use of your mind you need reasoning skills, so to purify the mind first start with mathematics and programming to get some flexibility so you can make use of your mind on astral journeys or otherwise nothing much will happen to you than it happens to people that do drugs.

To break a nut you have to use your brains like crows use theirs :)

As for asking questions you need to prepare yourself for that, it's like going to work (warrior interrogation work), it can't just happen on its own. Asking those basic questions even when something bad is happening to you means you are always in control of yourself, because you are following what you set up to do. And don't worry not every tradition is about being in total control of yourself in dreaming , there are different path available for everyone.

There is a saying here in Croatia, hundred people - hundred tempers while for others its more like hundred woman - two hundred tits

Edited by Baloony
  • Like 2