Cheshire Cat

Immortals and their magical powers

The stuff that John Chang does takes enormous amount of time, and what do you get in the end?

h

An end to the cycle of death and rebirth, that's what. That's the end goal of the system and if you get past level 30 you can attain it.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Let me put my 1pence into discussion. 1st - you will never find a knowlege without teacher. To learn smth in TAO you must find teacher. Otherwise you are intent to be Bhudda (to learn all by yourself) and how much persons are able to do all by themselves? right one in a millions. The same thing is told in every ancient and mordern manuscripts - find a teacher, because there some moments in Tao that is hard to understand with our level of energy. Someone must lead us in this practice, who already leveled up. Second - all magic things and magical powers ARE the consequience of practice and they are not the goal. If you are using such magic things - it takes from you some amount of energy. The more you use - the less energy in you. Such things called "Flowers on the road" - you must go further by the road and don't pay much attention to these pritty things))

• Like 2

It is my opinion there is no such thing as magic or the supernatural.

neigong training is mechanical energy extraction and storage for the development of of your spirit in a biological manner.

I do believe there is a such thing as magic/sorcery etc. in the sense of utilizing the power of demons, but the actual sorcerer has no real power himself/herself. People can't see the spirits that are actually doing the work and it appears as if the sorcery has power when it is completely untrue.

Just my opinion though. I have no real knowledge of whether or not sorcery exists.

I do know that the nei kung power that the immortals posses is completely different however and has absolutely nothing to do with sorcery or magic although some people way confuse it for being so.

Edited by KenBrace

I prefer to think of it as being fully awake or more awake. The dormant parts of your spirit and mind start to awaken and the dormant capabilities awaken as well.

Buddha once told an inquirer who asked who he was and Buddha said, "Just remember me as the one who woke up."

Think of it like a gong being struck the sound wakes up your spirit and the resonation from the ringing of the gong awakens your energy. :)

• Like 2

It might exist, however if we understood it completely our thoughts and opinions on what it was and how it worked would be much different.

For instance if I went back in time to the 1500's and demonstrated the ability to talk to someone miles away through walls even via radio waves they would be certain it was sorcery and I'd be burned at the stake for it.

However radio-waves are something we understand and are familiar with and no longer seem magical or mysterious to us.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-Arthur C. Clarke

I do believe there is a such thing as magic/sorcery etc. in the sense of utilizing the power of demons, but the actual sorcerer has no real power himself/herself. People can't see the spirits that are actually doing the work and it appears as if the sorcery has power when it is completely untrue.

Just my opinion though. I have no real knowledge of whether or not sorcery exists.

I do know that the nei kung power that the immortals posses is completely different however and has absolutely nothing to do with sorcery or magic although some people way confuse it for being so.

Just as an aside, understanding something isn't a prerequisite for being familiar with it or for demystifying it. Only the tiniest fraction of a percent of the people who listen to a radio have even a vague notion of how it works, for example.

• Like 2

Just as an aside, understanding something isn't a prerequisite for being familiar with it or for demystifying it. Only the tiniest fraction of a percent of the people who listen to a radio have even a vague notion of how it works, for example.

You are correct, we do not truly understand gravity or magnetism, yet such forces aren't viewed as supernatural.

I would venture to guess if we saw ghosts or spirits on a regular basis that they would no longer be considered supernatural either even if lacked an explanation for them.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

It might exist, however if we understood it completely our thoughts and opinions on what it was and how it worked would be much different.

For instance if I went back in time to the 1500's and demonstrated the ability to talk to someone miles away through walls even via radio waves they would be certain it was sorcery and I'd be burned at the stake for it.

However radio-waves are something we understand and are familiar with and no longer seem magical or mysterious to us.

I guess if you really wanted to know you could study the mechanics of how spirits effect the physical world to understand the science of what's going on. If sorcerers do exist however, I doubt he needs to understand the mechanics to know what's going on.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 1

If sorcery does exist we would have to figure out the mechanics of how spirits effect the physical world to truly understand what's going on I guess.

Well the point I was trying to make was that if you truly understood the mechanisms of sorcery if it does exist, you probably would stop calling it sorcery.

In 1000 BCE a few men with AK-47s and a lot of ammo could slaughter an army of hundreds of thousands, and they would be looked at as demons, gods, or sorcerers etc.

It's all in your perception whether something is supernatural or not.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

Well the point I was trying to make was that if you truly understood the mechanisms of sorcery if it does exist, you probably would stop calling it sorcery.

In 1000 BCE a few men with AK-47s and a lot of ammo could slaughter an army of hundreds of thousands, and they would be looked at as demons, gods, or sorcerers etc.

It's all in your perception whether something is supernatural or not.

Yeah, I was referring to a sorcerer as someone that communicates with spirits and utilizes their power (which isn't supernatural) but I guess the word does tend to have a "supernatural" connotation to a lot of people. Wonder if there's a better word for what I'm describing?

Yeah, I was referring to a sorcerer as someone that communicates with spirits and utilizes their power (which isn't supernatural) but I guess the word does tend to have a "supernatural" connotation to a lot of people. Wonder if there's a better word for what I'm describing?

In our language and culture there is probably not a better word to describe it.

In my opinion the word supernatural should not even exist, as it denotes something beyond nature, or beyond the natural laws of the universe.

Obviously if something exists or occurs it cannot be supernatural, it can't be above nature, it can't be beyond the laws of the natural universe.

I would view such abilities labeled as supernatural, as a natural ability or technology gained through understanding some area of reality that modern science has not yet probed into.

The human mind is a funny thing. We like to break apart the world into things, like supernatural, spiritual, mystical, scientific, etc. There isn't a supernatural world, and a spiritual world, and a mystical world, and a scientific world.

There is just one world (universe/multiverse) and it's purely natural, even if we don't understand it all via science yet.

I think we limit ourselves and believe our current technology and scientific paradigms and understanding as advanced. Sure we are advanced compared to 100 years ago, but are we really in the grand scheme of things?

No, we are still just monkeys, and our understanding of reality is still just that of monkeys.

We give ourselves way too much credit, sure we can split an atom, and have high speed fiber optic networks, and flying airplanes, but it is possible to develop god like technology, and if we don't blow ourselves up first, or enslave the masses in some dystopian future, that is where we are headed.

Assuming we continue on our current pace of development in a few thousand years humanity wouldn't even be recognizable to us.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 4

Let's get the technical equipment from the Montauk project and then let's show those guys in 1000 BCE what real sorcery looks like! :ph34r:

ay2a0k.gif

• Like 1

Assuming we continue on our current pace of development in a few thousand years humanity wouldn't even be recognizable to us.

I hope I'm able to leave the mortal world before then.

• Like 1

Any properly trained magician would use both. OK demons optional ;). Seriously though, anyone who only uses powers outside themselves hasn't practiced much, at all. You really do need to build both.

Well maybe but I wasn't really referring to sorcery as a good thing. Using the power of demons is a serious and dangerous thing. Demons are evil and only do things for you to get something out of you. When they've gotten what they want, there's no telling what they'll leave of you. Developing chi is a completely different thing.

I would disagree with the above. Depends on the demon (also depends on your definition of demon). Developing ones own magic is about a LOT more than just qi. On a side note, I am taking the whole calling demons to do the magician's bidding thing as "any spirit" be it demon, angel, Deity, etc. It is very similar in that it is the magician's power vs some additional help.

I disagree but there's not much point in arguing about it I guess. :)

• Like 1

We could always start a new thread if you are interested... for discussion more than disagreeing though :).

However I have this funny feeling it may be more the use of terms that we don't see eye to eye on than anything else, now that I think about it.

We could always start a new thread if you are interested... for discussion more than disagreeing though :).

However I have this funny feeling it may be more the use of terms that we don't see eye to eye on than anything else, now that I think about it.

That's fine with me. :)

Probably so lol. That does tend to be the problem with most arguments.

• Like 2

"There are no miracles." - - Spock. The Universe operates a certain way and so do you. The term we use"supernatural" I think has come from the very fact that people in modern society pay so little attention to the actual natural world... the earth is like a giant joke and trash pile to them.......when it is really a spiritual vessel.. per the sayings of Lao Tzu, "No matter how much you manipulate the world, you can never grasp it. The world is a spiritual vessel."

Or so in the words of Yoda, " You must unlearn what you have learned."

Everything can be known, everything can be explained. What is the meaning of the word "miracle" except something that happens that defies the beliefs you hold? The truth is miraculous, the falsehoods are not. Superpower is faith in yourself, faith in each other and love and compassion for all living things...without that all occult abilities once mastered serve no real purpose. They are simply powers to use just like the power of patience, the power of thought, and the power of love.

Illuminating as they are to oneself, I don't see how they really alter or change the human condition...the simple struggle of life. They just make it more entertaining, which is why they are " the beginning of all foolishness."

"The manifestation of the laws of one cosmos in another cosmos constitutes what we call a miracle. There can be no other kind of miracle. A miracle is not a breaking of laws, nor is it a phenomenon outside laws. It is a phenomenon which takes place according to the laws of another cosmos. These laws are incomprehensible and unknown to us, and are therefore miraculous.

"The idea of the possibility of broadening man's consciousness and increasing his capacities for knowledge stands in direct relation to the teaching on cosmoses. In his ordinary state a man is conscious of himself in one cosmos, and all the other cosmoses he looks at from the point of view of one cosmos. The broadening of his consciousness and the intensifying of his psychic functions lead him into the sphere of activity and life of two other cosmoses simultaneously, the one above and the one below, that is, one larger and one smaller. The broadening of consciousness does not proceed in one direction only, that is, in the direction of the higher cosmoses; in going above, at the same time it goes below.

"This last idea will, perhaps, explain to you some expressions you may have met with in occult literature; for instance, the saying that 'the way up is at the same time the way down.' As a rule this expression is quite wrongly interpreted.

"In reality this means that if, for instance, a man begins to feel the life of the planets, or if his consciousness passes to the level of the planetary world, he begins at the same time to feel the life of atoms, or his consciousness passes to their level. In this way the broadening of consciousness proceeds simultaneously in two directions, towards the greater and towards the lesser. Both the great and the small require for their cognition a like change in man. In looking for parallels and analogies between the cosmoses we may take each cosmos in three relations:

"1. in its relation to itself,

"2. in its relation to a higher or a larger cosmos, and

"3. in its relation to a lower, or a smaller cosmos."

• Like 1