kentucker4

Qigong...demonic related?

my question to anyone reading this have you ever had doubts about it? Do you feel like you are becoming a better and mote compassionate person or more ego driven?

There is no doubt that there is lots ego in the martial arts and even in the qigong world, but when you think about it, that is really no different than in anything else. I have heard about nuns who would squabble about which area of the convent was 'their area' and which chair, etc. was 'theirs', and that sort of thing. The ego is everywhere.

In earlier times various cultivation practices such as qigong were not usually just openly taught to anyone in the public who wanted to learn. Often times the teacher would be very choosey and careful about whom they taught and what they taught them and when they taught them, and they would also sometimes put the student through various testing stages to see the student's true character before teaching them much of anything cultivation wise. For example, a student might be required to spend several years running lots of errands and doing chores for their teacher before the teacher would decide if they were capable and worthy of being taught anything much more than basics. It is even said that some teachers preferred to let their art die with them than to teach to some students whom they thought were not ready or capable of learning their practices or art.

In some spiritual traditions the newer students may be required to do all sorts of community or other service and many chores for quite some time before they even have a chance to be considered to learn much. It is not just a way of testing the students, but also provides a structured way for the students to cultivate virtue. Qigong practice without emphasis on cultivation of virtue can potentially lead to various problems or imbalances, and perhaps at best help a person to enhance their health and mental and emotional wellbeing to some extent.

Regarding your question of whether I personally think qigong makes me a better or more compassionate person, or whether it just enhances ego, I think is a wrong question to ask. I believe it is the other way around. Working on becoming a better and more compassionate person helps to reduce the tight control of the 'ego king' over us, and helps a person to become more balanced overall, and helps to open doorways to more beneficial progress in qigong and meditation and that sort of thing. Many Westerners would balk at the idea of a teacher having them spend a lot of time doing chores and running errands for their teacher and doing community service, etc., but such a teacher who places the main emphasis on such things may well have the student's best interests at heart. Again, it is an approach that is very hard for many Westerners to accept, and it certainly can open the door in modern times for students to be exploited by cult leader wannabe types, so it is no easy thing. While the teacher is assessing the student, the student might also be wise to take time to assess the teacher, unless they just feel a natural affinity and trust for the teacher right off. That's my personal perspective on the matter anyway, for what it is worth. :)

• Like 2

I've never heard of hormones being considered demonic before this post +1 for originality.

You should have met some of my old girl friends.

• Like 8

Hey, thanks for all of the replies....I will try that madras....I believe the stances that we practice make the chi sink....but for some reason it feels like it has been getting stuck in my head.....I have never felt the same about it after this Chinese doctor inserted some needles in my crown area on my head...but perhaps that is coincidental.....I really respect my kungfu instructor, but at the same time, I feel like he can't identify with my problems because he tells me he has never had one ill effect or feeling from chigung.....so he always just gives me a blank look and says if you feel bad practice more and more...but in the same breath tells me he never felt bad once in 15 years....maybe he is just more pure than me or something....but I feel like his knowledge of qigong is restricted to his own personal experiences only...

I think that internal alchemy is more about realizing what Christians refer to as the "Holy Trinity".

I believe the stances that we practice make the chi sink....but for some reason it feels like it has been getting stuck in my head.

Keep the tongue to the roof of your mouth and bring it down to the dan tien if you feel it is getting stuck.

Edited by OldGreen

Hey, thanks for all of the replies....I will try that madras....I believe the stances that we practice make the chi sink....but for some reason it feels like it has been getting stuck in my head.....I have never felt the same about it after this Chinese doctor inserted some needles in my crown area on my head...but perhaps that is coincidental.....I really respect my kungfu instructor, but at the same time, I feel like he can't identify with my problems because he tells me he has never had one ill effect or feeling from chigung.....so he always just gives me a blank look and says if you feel bad practice more and more...but in the same breath tells me he never felt bad once in 15 years....maybe he is just more pure than me or something....but I feel like his knowledge of qigong is restricted to his own personal experiences only...

Kentucky

Because something do not happen to someone... doesnt mean it couldnt happen differently, some people are natural tough and gain the more they do, some will

affected by everthing. It is like some natural intelligent who just follow and graduate. Other have to work nights to learn and learn different methods to use the little capacity they have for optimum.

The thing is you already told about your practise to bring up energy.

The further stimulation of headcenters with accupoints at the wrong moment eventually leads to this overstimulation of the head.

This why I told you to ask your teacher about how to sink the qi in your system.

Since he has 15 years he is quite young and you should try to contact the grandmaster

or the great grandmaster. Learning a whole system doesnt mean one understand it fully.

The thing is you seem quite good to bring energy up but not so well energy down

since your practise has such thing. Move slower when bring energy down.

Hmm also I remember the Zhineng Qigong has something like that of moving up and down.

General rule is to cut down repetition, intensity and doing in special cases several closing until one feels refreshed (hours are possible).

Best,

Q

How great is the difference between "eh" and "oh", how great is the difference between good and evil? Much of what we perceive as evil is only evil because we have been told it is. Qigong practice predates Christianity and most likely Judaism as well. For me it seems arrogant for one to call someone else's beliefs evil without understanding the nature of those beliefs. Anyone who claims Qigong is demonic has never practiced it or has practiced it without a master and done damage to themselves. You would not send a five year old off to fix the electrical wiring in a house, nor should you send someone off to learn qigong without a teacher, both are likely to be harmed.

What I know from practice is that qigong is not evil, nor does it open one up to the demonic, rather it encourages one to be aware of the full potential and to allow that potential to flow without force, but as it naturally should.

Aaron

Well. I am still going to try....I think my nervous system is just really weak right now.....I keep beating it with alcohol on the weekends..going to practice tomorrow ....maybe I am not bringing the energy down properly like another poster said.

Well. I am still going to try....I think my nervous system is just really weak right now.....I keep beating it with alcohol on the weekends..going to practice tomorrow ....maybe I am not bringing the energy down properly like another poster said.

Do not practice with alcohol in your system. My understanding is that it can create internal blockages.

• Like 1

Do not practice with alcohol in your system. My understanding is that it can create internal blockages.

Then how long should I wait after drinking to practice again??? Like how many days???

I have heard that the horse stance or many is a great way to sink chi ..that is a regular part of my training...will do that for a few days and then add qigong to it.

Hey kentucker4. I remember in an earlier thread you mentioned that the set you do ends with focus on the middle dantien, also if I remember there was no other closing brush down.

I'm guessing the idea is to focus on the middle dantien at the end with the assumption that the jing has been refined into chi and then can be transmuted to spirit which is said to happen more or less near the middle dantien.

However, I'm not sure that the jing is necessarily even being refined into chi, and if you're not grounding and closing then I could imagine how this might result in chaotic sexual energy. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that your teacher is just better able to "metabolize" this energy. The same practices are not necessarily best for all types of people.

There tends to be high consensus that the post qi gong meditation is essential (technically also qi gong in this case). "Sitting and Forgetting" or Emptiness meditation allows the qi to settle and nurture and aids the practice of allowing it to flow naturally and unobstructedly, in my experience. Do you practice sitting meditation? If you are not able to sit like this for 20+ minutes then that might shine some light on your current ability to metabolize this energy.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned a closing brush down in the last thread. Have you tried this at all yet?

Keep in mind, it's Spring right now, so everyone is "feelin' the heat" a bit more than usual. It can be a time of great vital power if it's not squandered.

• Like 1

Hey kentucker4. I remember in an earlier thread you mentioned that the set you do ends with focus on the middle dantien, also if I remember there was no other closing brush down.

I'm guessing the idea is to focus on the middle dantien at the end with the assumption that the jing has been refined into chi and then can be transmuted to spirit which is said to happen more or less near the middle dantien.

However, I'm not sure that the jing is necessarily even being refined into chi, and if you're not grounding and closing then I could imagine how this might result in chaotic sexual energy. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that your teacher is just better able to "metabolize" this energy. The same practices are not necessarily best for all types of people.

There tends to be high consensus that the post qi gong meditation is essential (technically also qi gong in this case). "Sitting and Forgetting" or Emptiness meditation allows the qi to settle and nurture and aids the practice of allowing it to flow naturally and unobstructedly, in my experience. Do you practice sitting meditation? If you are not able to sit like this for 20+ minutes then that might shine some light on your current ability to metabolize this energy.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned a closing brush down in the last thread. Have you tried this at all yet?

Felt

Keep in mind, it's Spring right now, so everyone is "feelin' the heat" a bit more than usual. It can be a time of great vital power if it's not squandered.

I do the brush down every time for 5 minutes and also stand still for 5 minutes with my hands on my dantien....I am going to try today again....honestly, I never felt any ill effects until that doctor put needles in my head....he opened something up that caused a lit of it to go to my head or something... I know this is true....its just too much to be a coincidence...

I do the brush down every time for 5 minutes and also stand still for 5 minutes with my hands on my dantien....I am going to try today again....honestly, I never felt any ill effects until that doctor put needles in my head....he opened something up that caused a lit of it to go to my head or something... I know this is true....its just too much to be a coincidence...

I just got finished practicing qigong......and did the horse stance for 3 minutes before hand and another kungfu stance for a few minutes to help my chi stay low before hand.

I did my 4 basic qigong technigues and the 3rd and 4th ones felt very powerful....very euphoric and a tickling sensation deep inside my body which is still present as I type this and my body was even trembling euphorically during those last two sets....also i did my qigong in an airconditioned room that was cool with only a kungfu t shirt on and was pouring down sweat the entire time. Right now i feel very good.......hopefully this feeling will continue as the energy settles down..

also to close the set i stood solemnloy for about 5 minutes imagining my feet and dantien connected with giant roots deep into the ground and did the brushdown for like 3 mins that the above poster recommended......i hope i continue feeling good because it really is a great feeling when it's good. I feel like i just replenshed in 40 minutes or so of practice all the energy that i drained out of myself this weekend from drinking beer.

to the original poster:

i think you're gonna give up eventually, and blame everything on satan. and speak to the preacher about all the lost souls on the taobusm. :D

i'm not underestimating you, i'm just aware of the potency of religious indoctrination. it's sad, we are helpless victims, they start brainwashing us as soon as we are able to say 'mama'. it's a LOT of garbage to process, and you'd really need a strong motivation to do that. apparently you don't have one, not yet.

i still have to say... props to Seth, i have the same feelings. and i can understand his reaction. ^_^

to the original poster:

i think you're gonna give up eventually, and blame everything on satan. and speak to the preacher about all the lost souls on the taobusm. :D

i'm not underestimating you, i'm just aware of the potency of religious indoctrination. it's sad, we are helpless victims, they start brainwashing us as soon as we are able to say 'mama'. it's a LOT of garbage to process, and you'd really need a strong motivation to do that. apparently you don't have one, not yet.

i still have to say... props to Seth, i have the same feelings. and i can understand his reaction. ^_^

I wouldn't view it as giving up. Giving up is when something is too difficult to continue. My kungfu practice is much much more difficult and rigorous than qigong....qigong always feels good when i am doing it......but feels weird afterwards sometimes....i just want to make sure i am not becoming a bad person. I have a big responsibility to my family.

I don't think i will ever quit. I think the chinese doctor just messed with my energetic system there for a while and my chi was trapped in my head....terrible feeling. Was playing a lot of mind games with me.

I practiced earlier today and felt great the entire day. Every thing seems to be in slow motion as in i can process things in more acute detail......and i have a ton of energy and still feel euphoric all over.

Then how long should I wait after drinking to practice again??? Like how many days???

I have heard that the horse stance or many is a great way to sink chi ..that is a regular part of my training...will do that for a few days and then add qigong to it.

Perhaps a better way of saying it would only practice when you are sober.

A sitting practice after qi gong can be very very effective to sort of "metabolize" the energy and let it settle. I would suggest adding an extra 20 minutes of sitting after doing horse stance. Just sit with a straight back, relaxed shoulders, and relax everything but the regal posture. This doctor may have unblocked the energy, but it sounds like you need a practice like this for your body to understand whats going on in order to be able to govern the qi with ease.

Also, do keep the tip of your tongue up behind your gums.

edit: correction, it's actually the spirit that governs the qi, but the body plays a, perhaps administrative, part in this.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 2

A sitting practice after qi gong can be very very effective to sort of "metabolize" the energy and let it settle. I would suggest adding an extra 20 minutes of sitting after doing horse stance. Just sit with a straight back, relaxed shoulders, and relax everything but the regal posture. This doctor may have unblocked the energy, but it sounds like you need a practice like this for your body to understand whats going on in order to be able to govern the qi with ease.

Also, do keep the tip of your tongue up behind your gums.

edit: correction, it's actually the spirit that governs the qi, but the body plays a, perhaps administrative, part in this.

Yesterday i had an easy session....usually I do the horse stance in the middle of my kungfu training and then do qigong after a lot of stance training and form training......so do you mean do the sitting meditation before qigong and right after kungfu? Or just after my stance training? Horse stance is just one part of my stance training. Many thanks for your insight. Oh, and right now, I feel like my energy is flowing well. Maybe I just needed some time off.

After qi gong

Ok, will try tomorrow. Just finished another qigong session with stances before and another short 2 minute horse stance after to help the chi sink. I lay down and meditate to a sleep inducing hypnosis track every night before i got to bed....does that count as sitting meditation?

Will try to sit in the park tomorrow after i practice when i have more time...today i have to go to work soon.

Also, why does qigong make you sweat so much??? The actions seem effortless.