amoyaan

Some questions about Taoist yoga & Microcosmic Orbit

I think that what appears to be "pulling up" is really just an optical illusion of sorts, due to the way they are moving. There is no instruction to pull. I have seen Dr. Wu demonstrate the exercise in three separate videos, and also read about it in one of his books--never does he say to pull.

No need to thank for the share... I've been meaning to put this exercise up here for a long time now. It is one of the most simple and effective pieces of Chinese 养生 (yangsheng) knowledge that I have ever learned. I forgot to mention that I taught it to my landlady, who is in her sixties and complained to me of having to get out of bed at least three times a night to pee. I told her to practice it until the area around shen shu gets warm twice a day, once before sleep, once in the morning. Within a week or two she was only having to get up once in the night to pee and said that it also improved her feeling of well-being overall. After a couple months of using the exercise she was enthusiastic enough to start telling her own friends and relatives.

I have a feeling now that I've finally typed up instructions, it's worth it's own separate post. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

Yeah, once I tried it more I could see it didn't really require much method for moving the fists.

I have a feeling now that I've finally typed up instructions, it's worth it's own separate post. What do you guys think?

Sure, maybe something in the Taoist discussion for longevity practices in general?

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

I think that what appears to be "pulling up" is really just an optical illusion of sorts, due to the way they are moving. There is no instruction to pull. I have seen Dr. Wu demonstrate the exercise in three separate videos, and also read about it in one of his books--never does he say to pull.

No need to thank for the share... I've been meaning to put this exercise up here for a long time now. It is one of the most simple and effective pieces of Chinese 养生 (yangsheng) knowledge that I have ever learned. I forgot to mention that I taught it to my landlady, who is in her sixties and complained to me of having to get out of bed at least three times a night to pee. I told her to practice it until the area around shen shu gets warm twice a day, once before sleep, once in the morning. Within a week or two she was only having to get up once in the night to pee and said that it also improved her feeling of well-being overall. After a couple months of using the exercise she was enthusiastic enough to start telling her own friends and relatives.

Thanks for the info, I have been trying it out and it feels good and I am going to try to continue to practice it for a few weeks to see how it goes, if you made a separate post more people would probably read it so that would be good. I would be interested in the similar exercise you mentioned Nan Huai Chin does too as he is a guy who seems to really know what he is doing.

you gave me much help and valuable advice regarding the perusal of TY, i ponder many hours over the worthwhile posts you made

this is a picture from taoist yoga, it is on page 124

i still couldnt resolve this - assume O is the lower tan t'ien then what does the mysterious pathway L represent?

55f6455522.jpg

i mean maybe it doesnt mean a thing but it really puzzles me. well ive got another question :) look he says A is the mortal gate. he also differentiates between what he calls the mortal cavity, the mortal gate and the genital gate, the latter being the opening at the tip of the genital by which generative fluid leaves the body. what, then, does he mean by mortal cavity? is it the spot adherents of tantra allocate the mooladhara chakra at (the perineum, that is the spot between the scrotum and the rectum) or maybe someplace else in vicinity?

03a60101f3.jpg

Edited by gj551

Was just thinking about Stillness movement seminar and what I've heard of Wang li ping seminars.

Both include walking qigong, tree qigong, and sitting. Although from what I've heard wang li ping's sitting seems like engineering, while SM it very intuitive and requires no conscious effort on your part.

In fact it's gotten to the point in me that I have to be careful when I practice because I go so deep so quickly. Causes problems if I'm at my desk at work.

Just an observation.

John

• Like 1

Awesome John. Thanks for sharing. :) I wrote about brain melting and body part dissolving during work meetings early on with s-m. Curious, did you already do mco before attending Ya Mu's workshop? Iirc, it only took me about 80 days for my mco to circulate on its own after my first workshop.

Also, have you experienced any "steamroller" sensations through any channels? :huh: A Liping student mentioned this sensation. In my last workshop, there was quite a lot of pressure. Though, in personal practice, it has been occasionally strong as a steamroller.

It's actually different fairly often. Lately doing SM has been extremely strong, hot arms/hands/lower dantien, with body movement and the like.

Yea I have done some MCO before I found SM. Practiced for about an hour nightly for a month, then started yi gong for 3 years, with zhan zhuang for hours a day, and now SM.

Steamroller, doesn't really occur... sometimes I guess. I really think it depends on the person and what they are needing with SM.

John