Kundalini as a force that exists in nature is not something that any religious tradition owns or invented. As in the quote above from the Bible (Old Testament) the serpent of bronze is a composite of tin and copper, let's compare these to the Hindu:

Christian: Tin (Masculine) + Copper (Feminine)

Hindu: Pingala (Masculine) + Ida (Feminine)

Christian: Raised serpent on a pole.

Hindu: Raised snake up the spine.

This clearly resembles the serpent of Kundalini which is raised up the spine, this is symbolized as a pole in the Bliblical verse. The Jewish people of that time wrote these things in a Kabbalistic way so that only those with "ears to hear" would understand. The Sanskrit terms are only that, Sanskrit terms used to indicate a universal truth. It may sound strange to hear them mixed in with Christian concepts, however when you understand their similarities, it will not be so strange, on the other hand it will be like hearing the same thing but in a different language.

It will be strange to many who are not accustomed to this sort of thinking or to those fanatical followers of one tradition or another.

If something like Kundalini is really in the Bible as you say, then you should be able to sustain that without referring to Kundalini.

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

In Christianity the serpent represents evil. When it was lifted on the pole, it represented Jesus on the cross. Jesus who was Love incarnate was made to be sin incarnate.

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

• Like 1

I was simply pointing out the similarities between the two traditions. Obviously the Hindu tradition has its own way of explaining and labeling this serpentine force. The fire of the Pentacost is the Biblical name for Kundalini. Really, this force is beyond any label.

Edited by FieryWind
  • Like 2

In Christianity the serpent represents evil. When it was lifted on the pole, it represented Jesus on the cross. Jesus who was Love incarnate was made to be sin incarnate.

The serpent is not evil when it is lifted (as explained in Numbers), it heals us when it has been raised. It is "evil" when we allow it to seduce us with its temptations. Actually we are the ones who polarize this serpent because it exists within each individual as Kundalini.

• Like 3

The serpent is not evil when it is lifted (as explained in Numbers), it heals us when it has been raised. It is "evil" when we allow it to seduce us with its temptations. Actually we are the ones who polarize this serpent because it exists within each individual as Kundalini.

LOL

You can't help but use the term Kundalini.

it's all the same thing, regardless of where in the world we happen to be sitting.

If its all the same thing, then people should not need Dharmic terminology.

If its all the same thing, then people should not need Dharmic terminology.

So if one borrows a descriptive term for its convenience, that necessitates that the subject being discussed is dependent upon the language and context from which the term was borrowed? An angler discussing fishing lures becomes entangled in cutlery for using the word "spoon?" Or if a Cherokee uses the word "chi" when discussing earth energy with me, it means his belief system is suddenly changed?

• Like 1

So if one borrows a descriptive term for its convenience, that necessitates that the subject being discussed is dependent upon the language and context from which the term was borrowed? An angler discussing fishing lures becomes entangled in cutlery for using the word "spoon?" Or if a Cherokee uses the word "chi" when discussing earth energy with me, it means his belief system is suddenly changed?

West has long history of stealing Indian concepts. Research Rajiv Malhotra's U turn theory.

If the Bible really has something like Kundalini, you wouldn't need to use the word Kundalini.

I am not opposed to the notion that something like Kundalini is in the Bible.

However, the person making that argument should stick with the Bible.

If the concept is really there, then that should be sufficient.

Edited by RongzomFan

If the Bible really has something like Kundalini, you wouldn't need to use the word Kundalini.

The Bible doesn't use that word. Neither do groups with a tradition that stretches back. We can use it here for the sake of gaining more understanding by cross-comparing traditions. The problem would come when someone makes a total mess of traditions, for instance in newage circles.

• Like 2

I'm just going by the majority opinion in protestanism.

From a Protestant website

"BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved." (Acts 16:31)

"This righteousness from God comes through FAITH in Jesus Christ to all who BELIEVE." (Romans 3:22)

A lot of people get Salvation wrong due to their circle of influence.

A lot of people get Salvation wrong due to their circle of influence.

Saved Christian means what according to the majority?

Edited by RongzomFan

Saved Christian means what according to the majority?

I should retract my statement because the Christians that I know personally all know Salvation as FAITH in Christ Jesus. By my little online surveying its very clear to me that the majority of Christians agree that Salvation is FAITH in Christ Jesus. I'm wondering if maybe you got turned off quickly and maybe not remembering things accurately? It happens to the best of us.

I should retract my statement because the Christians that I know personally all know Salvation as FAITH in Christ Jesus. By my little online surveying its very clear to me that the majority of Christians agree that Salvation is FAITH in Christ Jesus. I'm wondering if maybe you got turned off quickly and maybe not remembering things accurately? It happens to the best of us.

Everyone says its about the Sinner's Prayer / Salvation Prayer.

That's what makes you a Saved Christian.

• Like 1

Everyone says its about the Sinner's Prayer / Salvation Prayer.

That's what makes you a Saved Christian.

Maybe you can post the sinners prayer for me? The one I've heard is very clear as to the belief in Christ Jesus and our Father being THE KEY.

Maybe you can post the sinners prayer for me? The one I've heard is very clear as to the belief in Christ Jesus and our Father being THE KEY.

Yes its about belief in Jesus expressed verbally.

Yes its about BELIEF in Jesus expressed verbally.

Verbal confession is powerful. Let me say that by simply reciting "Jesus is Lord" is not enough. I can say things all day long that I don't believe in. The Power of Salvation is BELIEVING that He is Lord just as you BELIEVE your car will start. It's a KNOWING. Salvation is an Internal Switch. Your experience with Christianity wasn't right. Whoever or whatever you belonged to mislead you, unfortunately.

• Like 2

Verbal confession is powerful. Let me say that by simply reciting "Jesus is Lord" is not enough. I can say things all day long that I don't believe in. The Power of Salvation is BELIEVING that He is Lord just as you BELIEVE your car will start. It's a KNOWING. Salvation is an Internal Switch. Your experience with Christianity wasn't right. Whoever or whatever you belonged to mislead you, unfortunately.

I was a believer. Now I'm not.

Interesting stuff this.

A particular christian friend of mine keeps telling me that people need to believe and have faith first, then the direct experiences come later. In my case, I got the experiences first and its taking me forever to come up with the faith. But do I really need faith having known what I know directly ? My answer is yes. You need faith right till the end.

This is in-line with what Rudolf Steiner mentioned. That all steps on the path can happen completely out-of-order e.g. quite often, you can get enlightened first and then take other steps on the path later :-)

It also seems to depend on your soul's level of development from previous experiences. But I know little of this.

Blessings on the path for you :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by chegg

I was a believer. Now I'm not.

As h.uriahr said, it is about knowing. If you "were" a believer, than you never truly believed. The inner path of Christianity (or Christian Gnosticism) is not the same as the outer path of the roman canonized church/doctrine that you keep describing.

In gnostic Christianity, Jesus is like Buddha who brought a new path/realization to the world. As with a divine guru/master, one does not "believe", one "surrenders".

As h.uriahr said, it is about knowing. If you "were" a believer, than you never truly believed. The inner path of Christianity (or Christian Gnosticism) is not the same as the outer path of the roman canonized church/doctrine that you keep describing. In gnostic Christianity, Jesus is like Buddha who brought a new path/realization to the world. As with a divine guru/master, one does not "believe", one "surrenders".

I was a gnostic Christian first.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gnostic-Bible-Revised-Expanded/dp/1590306317