Verbal confession is powerful. Let me say that by simply reciting "Jesus is Lord" is not enough. I can say things all day long that I don't believe in. The Power of Salvation is BELIEVING that He is Lord just as you BELIEVE your car will start. It's a KNOWING. Salvation is an Internal Switch. Your experience with Christianity wasn't right. Whoever or whatever you belonged to mislead you, unfortunately.

This is salvation:

Hi RongzomFan,

Gnostic Christianity is not found in a history book. As with Dzogchen/Buddhism, having a teacher makes all the difference. True baptism of the Holy Spirit combines both the Primoridal energy (power) and instance of clarity (peace).

Hi RongzomFan, Gnostic Christianity is not found in a history book. As with Dzogchen/Buddhism, having a teacher makes all the difference. True baptism of the Holy Spirit combines both the Primoridal energy (power) and instance of clarity (peace).

Are you really suggesting there is an authentic Gnostic Christianity lineage persisting from more than a thousand years ago?

Hi RongzomFan, Gnostic Christianity is not found in a history book. As with Dzogchen/Buddhism, having a teacher makes all the difference. True baptism of the Holy Spirit combines both the Primoridal energy (power) and instance of clarity (peace).

Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is an unpardonable sin......which is what I think you did.

Verbal confession is powerful. Let me say that by simply reciting "Jesus is Lord" is not enough.

That's not even remotely a salvation prayer. You don't even know that much.

Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is an unpardonable sin......which is what I think you did.

How did he Blaspheme ? Please explain this point...its important.

Love the Holy Spirit :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

RongzomFan, please stop trolling in this thread. If you would like to start a new thread on "salvation" or "saying magic words sans faith" or whatever, that would be appropriate. The current path will lead to the,thread being split.

RongzomFan, please stop trolling in this thread. If you would like to start a new thread on "salvation" or "saying magic words sans faith" or whatever, that would be appropriate. The current path will lead to the,thread being split.

I didn't bring up the salvation issue.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/23289-the-path-of-the-christian-gnostics/?p=500341

Edited by RongzomFan

Its obvious, h.uriahr wanted to derail the thread towards the topic of salvation.

Blasphemy can't be understood by someone who thinks Salvation is verbal. Your very definition of Salvation isn't based on Scripture either. And yes I'll provide Scripture backing that up shortly.

Edited by RongzomFan

Not an accusation and not even a warning, really. More like friendly advice. ;)

Edited by Brian

Are you really suggesting there is an authentic Gnostic Christianity lineage persisting from more than a thousand years ago?

Yes, I am saying that true Christ based lineages exist. More than that, I am also stating that for those with the capacity, it is possible to receive direct transmission from Jesus (and other divine beings from the lineage).

You ought to quit thinkin so much :P

Says a strange guy on the internet.

Strange as in odd or strange as in unknown because my name is Herschel Robinson and I currently live in Antelope, CA. I'm 30 yrs old, married and have 2 kids. I'm not a behind the magic curtain guy.

That's not even remotely a salvation prayer. You don't even know that much.

I didn't say it was. I actually asked you to post a version of it BECAUSE the only version I've heard actually quotes Scripture and goes on stating that the believer BELIEVES that Jesus is Lord and died on the Cross and that God the Father raised Him from the dead. I'm sure why you are so conflicted about this issue.

Its obvious, h.uriahr wanted to derail the thread towards the topic of salvation.

My response was sound. I was providing proof for my claim. Part of my proof was your misunderstanding of Salvation which we are currently debating.

I don't know about Gnostic teachings but I'm all over Hesychasm. There is an awesome breakdown of Paul's 3rd Heaven experience and that it happened within himself, not out of body.

My response was sound. I was providing proof for my claim. Part of my proof was your misunderstanding of Salvation which we are currently debating.

Again, I am going by the mainstream view of evangelicals.

If they have misunderstanding, take it up with them.

You ought to quit thinkin so much :P

If blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is an unforgiveable sin, you should be thinking about it.

I didn't say it was. I actually asked you to post a version of it BECAUSE the only version I've heard actually quotes Scripture and goes on stating that the believer BELIEVES that Jesus is Lord and died on the Cross and that God the Father raised Him from the dead. I'm sure why you are so conflicted about this issue.

Belief is secondary to verbal confession. I don't understand why you are so confused.

The topic wasn't even Salvation. You just brought that up on your own.