Sign in to follow this  
therion

Qigong master projects his chi energy (video)

Wikipedia, as I'm sure you, can be written by anyone, biased or unbiased. There is a disclaimer on the wikipedia site that says it lacks credible sources (at least last I checked) and is basically a one sided attack. You failed to mention that. Dozens of respected scientists have validated Geller. People at the top of their field. All kinds of people have tried to disprove what he does with much more thoughhtful traps then the one you mention. But the research is convincing...

Edited by seandenty

In my eyes it actually makes Geller more credible, knowing that he fails to do his thing every now and then - if he could do it everytime, it would be far more suspect in my eyes... whether it's true or not, Geller's not exactly a good model of a spiritual person - if it is true then he was born with or developed by accident this skill, which in no way indicates his spiritual progress... He doesn't seem like the brightest bulb, and epitomises (for me) the wishy washy new age movement - plus he reminds me of my ex girlfriend's mom :lol: ... but that still doesn't mean he's faking.

Well I see with what sort I'm dealing. You guys want to believe in these fairy tales, ok. Up next, Hogwarts and Gandalf. You can easliy check the info from wiki (I think much of it is spurious as well). But be prepared to have your illusions shattered. This stuff is like Yellow Bamboo, more debunked BS. The research is NOT convincing and NO double blind tests were made.

Hmm I kind of thought it was widely accepted that Geller is a fake.

Chris Angel does amazing illusions and psychic tricks and he never claims to be supernatural whatsoever but if he did I am sure he would have many followers/believers.

I am sceptically inclined. But some times its something that has to be fought against. Scepticism protects us, makes us use our minds, but it may also act as filter keeping us from seeing a bit of magic in the world.

Michael

I have seen a photograph of Geller that is of a very kind, loving guy. Based on that photograph, I'm a believer.

I was once put in a position in which my intent / gaze was directed at a dog seated next to his standing master for a period of time looking at the seashore and at a distance of approx 500 yards. Upon fixing my gaze on the dog he became increasingly irritated over the coarse of 60 seconds until he pulled master from his fixed position.

I was recently put in a position on a road walking w/ my significant other in which a pair of dogs were walking well ahead of their owner. It was obvious the larger lab was protective/aggressive as she barked and growled as we slowed; i stepped ahead an inch. We both stopped and the dogs stopped 20 feet in front of us. Barking and growling if we made any move forward... time for the stare off. Tension fills the air. Relaxed tension. I fix on the more agressive female who stands her own line. Stillness. Breath. Her owner gets closer, she hesitates and I inch forward; the tension breaks and the dog backs away from the line. I did not move backwards, my love was there.

As we pass the dog attempts to flank just like a dirty dog; I stomp my foot on the ground and have to adopt a ready position this time before it puts its tail between it's legs.... never turn your back on a dog for a second.

Spectrum

Chris Angel lifting up car, no tricks (that I could see) just cold training mind and body.
Uh, but the whole profession of illusionists is to keep you from seeing their tricks! And honestly, it's not that hard to fool the eyes...especially under HIGHLY-CONTROLLED settings, set-ups and viewing angles. Which are the only conditions these magicians operate in.

I don't know about that particular trick, but most of Chris Angel's tricks have been performed by other magicians. In fact, most of them all perform the same old basic tricks, just with different variations.

The art is not in the trick itself, but in the presentation. Sort of like WWF.

Edited by vortex

Parlor tricks are useless in mastering the Arts of Health & War.

I can levitate and disapear too when your 45 or 60 deg off my centerline.

Generating heat and cold w/ the hands / body is more interesting than visual illusions at least. At least it can be used for healing. Show me a "healing" illusionist... even if it's placebo, it reinforces the power of suggestion and the effect belief and intent has on the body.

Spectrum

Sign in to follow this