JustARandomPanda

Stagnation at 2nd Chakra

I've got a knot and stagnation at my 2nd chakra which I think is tied to the Water Element. Is there a physical exercise (Qi Gong/Nei Gong) that can loosen it and get it flowing freely again?

In the 5 elements system it would actually be fire element

First wood then fire then earth then fire then metal then water and the crown kinda doesn't have an element

It's different elements and even in 5 elements fire doesn't mean literal fire, that's just the closest thing there is.

I've got a knot and stagnation at my 2nd chakra which I think is tied to the Water Element. Is there a physical exercise (Qi Gong/Nei Gong) that can loosen it and get it flowing freely again?

can you be more specific...spine...? anterior to?

Suggest doing your chi sets, of whatever excersises you normally do, ending with free flowing movement as if you were under water, while feeling relaxed.

Suggest having good sex with yourself or a partner.

journaling about the pyschological side of your ability to accept change and sex and creativity may lay open why the area is blocked to begin with, and start the clearing.

• Like 1

2nd chakra is LDT and is water. You should do lots of taiji chuan...that'll open up the ldt.

If you don't have a background in Taiji Chuan, check out taichitaocenter.com (the dvds are pricey but worth their weight in gold imho) or better still find a teacher and learn in person.

Serene, I prefer McKenzie's book...that video is fine for showing the exercises but is misleading in what the guy is saying.

Serene, I prefer McKenzie's book...that video is fine for showing the exercises but is misleading in what the guy is saying.

Scotty,

Would you say that McKenzie is better than the Foundation Training?

Thanks to your reference, I've been doing Foundation for several months now and I'm really impressed how it changes my posture and unfolds internal muscles. A week ago I bought their DVD and it is even better than their YouTUbe page.

Would you say that McKenzie is better than the Foundation Training?

Thanks to your reference, I've been doing Foundation for several months now and I'm really impressed how it changes my posture and unfolds internal muscles. A week ago I bought their DVD and it is even better than their YouTUbe page.

I prefer Foundation, but it seems to me like they aren't really the same thing. McKenzie is almost totally passive motions and works in a different way. Thanks for the heads up on the DVD!

Both will put pressure on the lumbar/sacral area, and will eventually heal it in some way, opening up the knots at the 2nd chakra area.

If you have a knot/stagnation/blockage in that area then freeing it up is freeing it up.

Exercises that will free and promote relaxed soft movement in the pelvis, coccyx, lumbar spine, pelvic floor, diaphragm, will all help. You want to go for a feeling-experience of melting, letting go, opening up, expansion, gaining space 'inside' etc. Gentle, slow, soft fluid movement that creates a sense of moving underwater or of the tissues (or even bones) becoming hydrated and fluid like will probably be best.

Ultimately ANY exercises that enable you to get your awareness into where is blocked will begin the process of unravelling the knot. Stillness helps because nothing is 'moving' and so it can be easier to feel what is stuck. Movement helps because we generally find it easier to get our awareness into any area that is being stimulated. Breathing gently into and through an area can also help your awareness enter a stuck area and begin to let it go. The more your awareness enters, consider it like the sun melting an ice cube. It's presence simply does it, there is no trying or effort from the sun.

Sometimes a little experimentation is needed to find what will release or what while tighten such a blockage. Go easy and don't try or expect to sort it in one go. If it is a strong blockage it can also shock your system on its way out too.

Take the above and apply it to ANY exercises that you find fun and enjoyable, it doesn't matter what they are.

Best,

• Like 1

Never heard of it before. idquest, what can you say about your experience with this practice? :huh:

Oh sorry, I'm way off topic. I'll research it. :)

OK, here's some info I got. Sounds interesting. Totally agree with the "throwing our shoulders forward."

I hope it'll be somewhat on topic if I say that the Foundation Training loosens up internal muscles deep in the core (lumbar area but inside, possibly psoas) along with the internal muscles along the vertebrae including those opposite to chest. That was the most amazing experience for me. Of course the program works your external muscles, this is sort of obvious. But its effect on the internal muscles was totally unexpected. Huge addition to my wu-ji ZZ standing. But again, all this could be because I had a horrible posture in the first place; so if somebody has a good posture, the effect might be less noticeable.