Sky Magi

Golden Dragon Body

I have noticed that Red Phoenix in particular REALLY cuts down on the mental noise. It's still there, but not nearly as prevalent.

With Red Phoenix level 1?

Tried to take off with level 3 before I was ready, and experienced some problems...definitely still at level 1. :lol:

I've been doing 2 since I learned it, I personally feel the setup of it lends credence to the idea of teaching it at the same time as 1. 3 I literally just started doing the other day.

I treat Red Phoenix as a suite, as thats the way Max communicated the practice to our group last October... Max said that doing 1+2+3 at either 12/24/36 repetitions (while maintaining the same rep number for each movement.. so if you do 12 reps at RP 1, do 12 reps for rp 2 and 3...) allowed for more emphasis at either ldt/mdt/udt.... It should come as no surprise that Max recommends the middle path.

And adding to what Lucky mentioned about heart/mind during RP.. Max suggested that 2/3 of our awareness be kept in our hearts during these movements.. I think this is also why one breath becomes so important, as one breath is really the unifying practice in kunlun... We warm up with one breath by sinking into our hearts.. practice with one breath.. close down with one breath. The importance of moving from the heart in and out of practice can't be emphasized enough.

At the very least, it seems that 1 and 2 ought to be done together... but with Max having called RP 3 "gentle self-obliteration" .... It seems almost tragic to leave that one out of the queue.

I think my experiences with RP mirror some of the other posters here with that suite deepening much quicker than KL 1.. but RP just seems pretty heavy duty at times.. Both in terms of the in-practice sensations and the sense of post practice growth in the brain.. I feel this one working long after I've finished a session.. ...RP is also the first practice I've done that's been totally self-limiting.. In that I always know when I'm pushing towards over-stimulation... but after giving it a few days off I always feel good to go again.. Build, ground, circulate.

I too notice diminished mental chatter during RP, but I generally chalk that up to the fact that RP requires some internal guiding and that focus takes steam away from idle chatter.

As for Kl 1, I'm approaching 2 years of use and the sensations have always been minimal (and still no bliss experience, for whatever that's worth). I started off with some movement in my legs... then all movement stopped for quite some time, and just recently, my body has been doing something like the wave starting from my waist and moving up through my spine.. very gentle... Even w/o the aggressive sensation and externalized movement that seems so typical of the practice, I find KL 1 to be massively clarifying after 60 minutes.... So it seems mighty foolish to me to judge the efficacy of a practice based solely on the phenomena it calls up... My heart tells me its the right practice for me to do, so I trust in that feeling.. and as indicated by my bodies recent insistence on this subtle body wave, the practice is always changing whether we notice it or not. Seems to me I also heard via Jenny Lamb that Max and Kan are the only two people she's met that are beyond kunlun 1....

And I think with the Kunlun in particular, it's interesting to see just how markedly different the experiences are from one practitioner to the next... the kunlun sure is a helluva lot of fun. ^_^

balance.

Edited by balance.
  • Like 3

I treat Red Phoenix as a suite, as thats the way Max communicated the practice to our group last October... Max said that doing 1+2+3 at either 12/24/36 repetitions (while maintaining the same rep number for each movement.. so if you do 12 reps at RP 1, do 12 reps for rp 2 and 3...) allowed for more emphasis at either ldt/mdt/udt.... It should come as no surprise that Max recommends the middle path.

And adding to what Lucky mentioned about heart/mind during RP.. Max suggested that 2/3 of our awareness be kept in our hearts during these movements.. I think this is also why one breath becomes so important, as one breath is really the unifying practice in kunlun... We warm up with one breath by sinking into our hearts.. practice with one breath.. close down with one breath. The importance of moving from the heart in and out of practice can't be emphasized enough.

Another phenomena I noticed is that when the three centers are felt to be really resonating, the body does a very slow reverse breathing naturally as your awareness is at your heart. It's very blissful.

Ahhhh..Red Phoenix..

This is sort of a tricky question for me.

All of the transmissions I got from Max were powerful. But the last one I got in Hawaii was another animal.

It was/is another level of Red Phoenix 1.

Apparently, it was only taught to our group(not that we are special or anything) and we were asked to keep it to ourselves.

There is a lot I could say on it. But don't feel comfortable to do so since Max specifically asked us not to.

If there is anything for me to add after Japan I will. If not just pop in occasionally and listen to you guys.

Be well.

• Like 1

A last final word on Kunlun specifically.

I think it's great we have this community to share(or argue) about this stuff. I actually don't see it as a bad thing at all. It's all part of the process of sharing wisdom east to west and west to east.

The only place I hesitate and yes I am going to say it once again(sorry Joeblast) is commenting too much on other peoples path without really knowing.

See, people on Tao Bums are each doing their own path to Tao. I don't have any opinion if anyone path to Tao is better then anyone else or more true then anyone else. To be honest I am still in somewhat in a state of shock how many people get entangled in right and wrong and what is the correct path to Tao. This is nothing new it has been the sad story since day 1 of my internet Tao search which began almost 14 years ago.

Respect is important. In the Kunlun way basically Max and Kan are the people I look to for advice. Not that other students have nothing to say but I don't really go by what students have to say for my actual practice.

To give you a specific example, the last time we spoke Max told me I should practice 4x a week and no practice 3x a week. He knows me and my issues and can give clear advice to help guide me to the goal of his system.

When I saw Kan San a few years ago he gently waived his arms close to me for maybe one minute and my qi channels felt like the were going to explode open for over an hour afterwards. It was like an intense pressure was being put on all my blocks. This will be probably my last Kunlun seminar so seeing Kan San is really like me trying to find the best most accurate suggestion and help for my path without then having to run around to different teachers again.

To me, the goal is not to run around forever chasing different teachers and experiences but live your art. Then just get to the point where every day life is so beautiful and meaningful.

"Less is more." to quote Chris from the book.

• Like 2

The only place I hesitate and yes I am going to say it once again(sorry Joeblast) is commenting too much on other peoples path without really knowing.

On the other hand, I'm totally a sponge any time someone is saying anything halfway good.

For instance, balance's post...for some reason I was never instructed by Max to try doing even reps of the RP levels. Each class, as we know, is taught differently...so it's nice to see something new and sensible to play around with! If everyone agreed that only Max is allowed to have ideas about this path, then there would be little learning or growth going on.

Sometimes people need to play the role of teacher in order to learn things...as they say, you best learn by teaching. It's not up to us to stop these people from learning, with our personal decisions about how we behave. (Of course, for this path you should go to the course and be certified by Max before attempting this.)

You're right that each person is walking a different path to the Tao. If you feel like it's inappropriate/disrespectful to speak up, then it'd probably be best not to. If another person feels like it's necessary to say something, then it's probably best if they do. We can't really judge one another based on our own path and decisions.

Those reading whatever is said here, can feel whether the words have the ring of truth for them personally or not. Seems to me like most people (except the awakened ones) will simply zone out if what they're hearing isn't for them...their eyes gloss over and their mouth droops open (yes, this really happens when a person is disinterested or they can't absorb any more info). :lol:

• Like 3

That's cool.

For myself, my path only, it would be dishonest not to admit I have been heavily influenced by my Aikido teachers.

I am not doing Aikido anymore, I may go back at some point who knows(As I live in China now probably a good chance I'll commit to IMA at some point).

Anyway, something one of the highest Aikido teachers said was that learning was structured into 3 phases. Which he described as shu, ha, ri.

The first stage is a period of self negation. Essentially following what your teacher tells you. Shut up and practice etc. After a period of time, you enter the next stage of ha which is self affirmation. Then the final stage of Ri is transcendence of the self/other duality, teacher student becomes interchangeable and you have achieved some level of "mastery".

Looking at my understanding of Max's path, he trained with his Maoshan Sifu for 3o years in the first stage. Then after learning Yigong from Jenny he entered the second stage of breaking away and creating his own system.

So, if a practitioner like Max, who is light years ahead of myself, spent 30 years not saying too much publically and mostly training, who am I with my pathetic accomplishments to give so many opinions to strangers on the internet?

Be well.

• Like 2

That's cool.

For myself, my path only, it would be dishonest not to admit I have been heavily influenced by my Aikido teachers.

I am not doing Aikido anymore, I may go back at some point who knows(As I live in China now probably a good chance I'll commit to IMA at some point).

Anyway, something one of the highest Aikido teachers said was that learning was structured into 3 phases. Which he described as shu, ha, ri.

The first stage is a period of self negation. Essentially following what your teacher tells you. Shut up and practice etc. After a period of time, you enter the next stage of ha which is self affirmation. Then the final stage of Ri is transcendence of the self/other duality, teacher student becomes interchangeable and you have achieved some level of "mastery".

Looking at my understanding of Max's path, he trained with his Maoshan Sifu for 3o years in the first stage. Then after learning Yigong from Jenny he entered the second stage of breaking away and creating his own system.

So, if a practitioner like Max, who is light years ahead of myself, spent 30 years not saying too much publically and mostly training, who am I with my pathetic accomplishments to give so many opinions to strangers on the internet?

Be well.

You still here LOL

Wishing you eternal spring

You still here LOL

Wishing you eternal spring

Ahhh the wisdom of the old ones :lol:

Logging off until 2013.

Be well!

...on second thought...letting go.

...and on a third thought...

I don't view your accomplishments as pathetic.

Edited by Scotty

I don't view your accomplishments as pathetic.

Let me test his sincerity by saying that I do.

Hahaha. :lol:

• Like 1

[....]

Be well.

The thought occurs to me, if I should share my experience or things I have read from reliable sources, knowing how comparatively limited it is. Aside from just writing stuff to practice the Zen art of forum writing ^_^ , I figure, if I can play a four chord song and I've been playing it with my heart and soul for a number of years, I might not be a master guitarist, but I still love playing the guitar. I might not have much worth sharing, but maybe something for the person who wants to learn that song.

With Red Phoenix level 1?

I was only taught RP 1...Max did not teach RP 2 or 3 at the seminar I went to.

There were also no transmissions given. I was kind of disappointed by that, as I've always wanted to experience a direct energy transmission...and could definitely have used the boost!

I'm going to try keeping a little more focus on the heart during RP, I tend to forget to do that cuz the brain part is a lot of fun. ^.^

I have to admit, impatience is a flaw of mine. This is the first practice I've been taught, and the first one I've been serious about pursuing. Trying to keep my expectations and excitement down has been a bit of a challenge.

After six years of spiritual waffling about, I guess I'm just itching to have an experience outside of the mundane. :P

So many things to let go of! Hehehe...

• Like 1

A final word I think for myself it's good to take a break from Tao Bums to distance myself from the drama.

For example, here I am having a great day, I check out Tao Bums and read someone writing that Max supposedly "stole" methods from Sifu Jenny.

Doesn't do much to help my practice one iota.

Talk to you in 2013.

• Like 2

Jep! I guess Cameron is vulnerable to the drama thing. Max, back in 2009 at the seminar, was like that, too. Said he doesn't like all the drama at TTB. That's why he created the Kunlun forum.

I guess at some point you will stop having negative feelings about it.

Besides, is the statement about Max stealing stuff from Jenny drama? I think a drama is less about statements, but about reactions and interaction. It needs emotional vulnerability.

From my knowledge, Max was told some of his techniques (maybe the spontaneous stuff) by Jenny and she asked him to keep it private, because it was meant solely for him. Then he went public with his whole set of techniques, including Jenny's and Jenny got very angry. Seems she got over it, though. And Max somewhat modified it, which can be argued about whether it made it a creative original or not.

Life is colorful, and can be a drama. No point in emotionally attaching to it. If it happens, then a life lesson is knocking on the door.

Another example: I have a lot of sympathy for Max. The same goes for Kan, based on my somewhat more limited knowledge about him. I also have a lot of sympathy and respect for my teachers in the USA. But one day one of them told me that Kan was known in Japan as a con artist.

You know what I did?

Looked a bit puzzled and shrugged internally.

Maybe he tried to mess with my mind. Maybe it is true. A lot about Kan today is true, too.

I guess if you get emotional about stuff like that, you're idealizing people.

A final word I think for myself it's good to take a break from Tao Bums to distance myself from the drama.

For example, here I am having a great day, I check out Tao Bums and read someone writing that Max supposedly "stole" methods from Sifu Jenny.

Talk to you in 2013.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=i6yLRmo7CjU

:) :) :)

• Like 1

Talk to you in 2013.

OK, seriously dude, every single post is your "last post", and not just on this thread... :lol:

Edited by multiarms
  • Like 6

Jep! I guess Cameron is vulnerable to the drama thing. Max, back in 2009 at the seminar, was like that, too. Said he doesn't like all the drama at TTB. That's why he created the Kunlun forum.

I guess at some point you will stop having negative feelings about it.

Besides, is the statement about Max stealing stuff from Jenny drama? I think a drama is less about statements, but about reactions and interaction. It needs emotional vulnerability.

I heard a nice quote the other day: "Brain likes drama, the body likes movement.". :)

Anyway, regarding Jenny and Yi Gong, I think she said somewhere on her webpage that Yi Gong will disappear with her as the last teacher of the lineage.

• Like 1

Anyway, regarding Jenny and Yi Gong, I think she said somewhere on her webpage that Yi Gong will disappear with her as the last teacher of the lineage.

No way, I'm "stealing" it! :lol:

• Like 1