Yoda

sungazing notes

Could Max be right after all?

Tell me you don't atleast consider the possibilty after seeing this picture of so called humanoid Hillary Clinton. Max, give us the scoop..is she Siriun or what?

r469963390.jpg

And that would be Siriun as in from the constellation Sirius and not the country in the middle east called Syria. those "in the know" like Max can tell the difference.

I llok forward to beings like Max helping us all make a pleasant and easy transition into the 4th dimension by the year 2012 so that power hungry reptoid siriuns as shown above no longer rule.

Or maybe it's just a bad pic.

I sungaze everyday mostly as part of my systems Iron Body skill and the 1st thing is to watch and face the sun at sunrise. Does anyone know of any other Chinese system Daoist or Buddhist that watch the sunrise and if so what do you think is a right amount of time to watch the sun. Ive read the sungazing book HRM has and find it very helpful although he uses 10 seconds added each day for 9 months does ANYONE know of a Daoist or Buddhist chinese system that uses similar to HRM's sun method?

Sorry to dig this old thread up but I like sun gazing but cant find a Daoist method of Sun gazing only from what my system has but want to know more!

Anyone care to help?

In "Melatonin" by Reiter he quotes an ancient Chinese source saying that looking at the sun releases secretions from the brain. But that's all I know. Keep us posted as to what you think and go easy with it... that sunny is a live wire!! :lol:

I am doing just a *tiny* bit right now.

I was just reading that http://rawpaleodiet.org on HRM stating he gazes at the sun for hours each day. With the solstice in Minnesota the sun has been very low in the horizon and the days very short so I took to sungazing as Chunyi Lin says it's good to do it when the sun is low in the sky. For me a good gazing session is just a couple minutes and then I see the color spectrum -- red, orange, green, violet -- plus I feel my pineal gland getting charged up. The last time though the sun was too high in the sky and I got this burning sensation so I had to do qigong to clear out the blockage in my eyes. As for sun gazing being an alternative to "chasing around strippers" -- well in Taoism the electrochemical energy is the foundation but in normal living food is then changed into electrochemical -- and food will cause the same type of eye blockages as sun gazing -- just in reverse.

Chunyi Lin spent a month in full-lotus in a cave in China -- taking in no food, no sleep and no water! Now he regularly does long-distance healing and fasts one day a week and the rest of the time eats one little veggie meal a day. He sleeps about 4 hours a night -- so he's like the book OPENING THE DRAGON GATE on Master Wang, Liping. I've never heard him mentioning that he personally did sun gazing but he said once that while driving an hour south to our Level 4 retreat he saw all these horizontal rainbows parallel with his car. Level 4 is the rainbow meditation. Another time he was on the highway and his tire punctured and he said he didn't want a flat on the highway. The tire stayed inflated until he got into his driveway where it promptly went flat. Another time he said that drinking urine was a good thing as well (like he said sun gazing) but he said you have to drink just the middle of the stream. haha.

I was just reading that http://rawpaleodiet.org on HRM stating he gazes at the sun for hours each day. With the solstice in Minnesota the sun has been very low in the horizon and the days very short so I took to sungazing as Chunyi Lin says it's good to do it when the sun is low in the sky. For me a good gazing session is just a couple minutes and then I see the color spectrum -- red, orange, green, violet -- plus I feel my pineal gland getting charged up. The last time though the sun was too high in the sky and I got this burning sensation so I had to do qigong to clear out the blockage in my eyes. As for sun gazing being an alternative to "chasing around strippers" -- well in Taoism the electrochemical energy is the foundation but in normal living food is then changed into electrochemical -- and food will cause the same type of eye blockages as sun gazing -- just in reverse.

Yes! :)

I sungaze everyday mostly as part of my systems Iron Body skill and the 1st thing is to watch and face the sun at sunrise. Does anyone know of any other Chinese system Daoist or Buddhist that watch the sunrise and if so what do you think is a right amount of time to watch the sun. Ive read the sungazing book HRM has and find it very helpful although he uses 10 seconds added each day for 9 months does ANYONE know of a Daoist or Buddhist chinese system that uses similar to HRM's sun method?

Sorry to dig this old thread up but I like sun gazing but cant find a Daoist method of Sun gazing only from what my system has but want to know more!

Anyone care to help?

This thread reminded me of a Taoist method I learned in the 70's and remember to practice every few years. Since it had been a few years I tried it today. The method I was taught is to use the fourier transform of the sun by making an approximation of a pinhole filter with either the hands or the eyelids, 15 minutes with low in the sky sun.

When I practiced today the colors burst all of a sudden extremely vivid and I went into spontaneous Stillness-Movement so powerful it set all the dogs off for quite a ways.

Got to be careful doing these things.

Ya Mu,

Thanks, so your teacher said 15 mins, HRM says 44 mins completion, my teacher said up to 36 mins I wonder if doing it shorter or longer 15 to 44 is ok or does watching it longer achieve more energy like HRM says for the pineal gland being charged?

Im looking for any chinese sun gazing methodss , Anyone?

Ape

going too long (over 30-40 min a day regularly) caused me some psychological difficulties... the gods started attacking me in my dreams!! There's something about the sun's energy that is highly taboo. I wanted to push through it, but my personal life couldn't deal so I quit the whole project to return some other day when my wiring is more ready for it.

I'm doing maybe a minute a day right now.

Ya Mu,

Thanks, so your teacher said 15 mins, HRM says 44 mins completion, my teacher said up to 36 mins I wonder if doing it shorter or longer 15 to 44 is ok or does watching it longer achieve more energy like HRM says for the pineal gland being charged?

Im looking for any chinese sun gazing methodss , Anyone?

Ape

I think the time needed coincides with cultivation level and who you really are (not who your mind tells you).

In the example above of my personal practice I only spent a few minutes before I had the "energy explosion". That was as long as needed to practice. Any longer time would not help. If it had of taken more minutes to reach this then that would have been the time needed to practice. I think anyone just starting would take longer time to reach this. So, optimal time is going to vary from person to person.

I honestly do not know much of anything about sungazing but I came across this video which is related

prahlad Jani is an 80 year old man who has not eaten since he was 12

scientists tested him in isolation for 10 days he did not eat, drink, or urinate

one of the doctors has a theory that because of his sungazing practice he does not have to eat or drink.....

Yes! :)

I kept on staring at the sun rising today, to verify what I saw last time, there was like a boiling from the center sending waves outwards and the color was deep red with some blue maybe, then I saw the spectre of colors widening to rings outside the sun, after a while being replaced by a dark shadow in front of the sun, with a blazing white ring of light all around it.

For some reason that felt unsettling. So I quit.

Rain, interesting I wonder why you felt that?

I gaze see all the colours com at me going through me, moving inside me, the more you soften up and let go the more impact it has especially on me.

Check this out!!!

Qigong master Effie P. Chow describes an amazing sun-gazing experience with a master in China -- all the students were bathed in this green light which shot down out of the sun. It's in her "Miracle Healings of China" book.

Rain, interesting I wonder why you felt that?

I gaze see all the colours com at me going through me, moving inside me, the more you soften up and let go the more impact it has especially on me.

Check this out!!!

Spirit Ape..

Yes the video makes me think of Plato and his cave allegory, this one sits with a fire in front and a fire at the backside, he is not seated in the fire?

To me gazing at the sun is quite different from sitting inside staring at candle light, and I imagine living as a sage in a cave the importance of the fire is felt much deeper...

As to your question..haha, - I feel the fear, it fills my chest. It is a very powerful energy, and how to find out why this fear energy arises..I guess there is only one way; continue sungazing and go through :)

the universe is full of synchronicity...I just read another thread..and found this sentence..;

" 7) Is it because anything existing even words must die? yang flows to yin?" Who's to know?

Caves are nice!, look at the one below, it is like a large dome, I wanted to stay there, good air, some bats, pitch dark, see the big shadow?..the day before darkness retreat near chiang mai. and be sure to watch in high quality mode, it was my first time filming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAAfGV7ibuA...feature=channel

Edited by rain

I would like to get that book Rain is it all on sungazing?

Minkus,

Caves have been used since the beginning of time for all sorts of things, cultivation is just one of them, I wonder what cavemen used it for apart eating and living i wonder if they had any cultivation type methods?

Regards

Ape

I remember back when I was 16 I did a 14 day fast and started a raw vegan diet and sungazing. After about 2-3 weeks my food intake naturally dropped to a few pieces of fruit and a tbls of oil a day. I had SO much energy I went from inactive to running 5 miles a day and spending roughly 2 hours a day hitting the punching bag, literally overnight. I'd always jog to work and get there early so I could sit and watch the sun. I'd really like to try HRM's method, move down south and work on a farm for 9 months and see what happens :)

Did you garner all that energy while you were on the fast or after you broke it? And what kind of oil were you taking? How much time did you spend sungazing? Did you jump up in time quickly (sungazing) since it was within a 14 day period or had you been doing it previously and had built up to a certain amount?

I can never get very far past a 3 day fast once my urge for calzones take over. Sungazing has been something I have wanted to try for a long time, but I work the graveyard shift so it is not very practical for me at the moment. Therefore, I rely on breathing and qigong (and calzones) to keep me going.

The fasting was a Master Cleanse, I did have decent energy but not nearly as much as I did later. Forced fasting can be good because it can force your body to find new places to tap into energy, but it can also be bad if it's not ready to tap into other energies. That fast was just to cleanse my body. I was really into detoxification back then (still am) so i was experimenting and breaking taboos of popular belief.

After my fast I began a raw vegan diet. I ate raw brussel sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, nuts, berries, pinaaple, salads, etc. Eventually I began to add sungazing (though i didn't know it was called that) because I felt like it brought me closer to nature. Shortly after that i began eating mostly just fruit and sum nuts, which then evolved to just a few pieces of fruit and a tbls of oil. This was while I was working full time at a bank during the summer. I didn't know about sungazing, I would just stare at the sun for 20-30 mins 2-3 times a day and sunbath for about an hour when I got home. I was just obsessed with the sun.

Of course I was only 16 and my family got bitchy and I gave in to their pressure and haven't regretted anything more than that. I'm hoping to be able to go down south for awhile and give this practice another whirl. I could REALLY use a break from the dependence on food and thus money.

Fasting can be hard because it makes you MUCH more aware of your body than anything i've ever experienced. Talk about wu-wei, emptiness, when you've got nothing but moderate portions of water going through your body you become aware of EVERYTHING. Even mentally/emotionally, alot of shit can rise to the surface, i'm curious to combine it with Kunlun, i might explode :P . But yea typically it takes about 3 days for your body to adapt, then hunger begins to disappear around day 5-7 or so, PHYSICAL hunger anyways. The thing that really allowed me to do what I did was distinguishing between hunger and cravings. It's very subtle, so the fasting helped me tune into it. The body really doesn't need very much, it's the mind that drives us to eat as much as we do. There's alot I could say on this topic but i want to stay on topic. By fasting you free up alot of energy which is usually then redirected to healing and when you heal, some strange stuff happens. People who have had broken bones from years ago will report feeling pain in that area, some people will re-experience past mental/emotional traumas, really neat stuff. The best part is that it's free and we ALL have it. It doesn't require any energy development or years of meditation you just do it and it happens. The built in healing mechanisms are the best imho.