Birch

"Spirit" - what is it?

Every person has two angels, one on the right (Munkar) and one on the left (Nakir) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munkar_and_Nakir) Munkar writes down all of your merits in a notebook. Nakir writes down your sins. The overall pointing is done over 100. For instance, you may have merits 85, sins 58. Do not be afraid of angels. They are really good beings.

Thank you from pointing out your tradition's version of duality and moral accounting. Sometimes TTB's makes me laugh because if I believed everything I read on here I'd have more sprites and angels and 'stuff' hanging around me than I care to imagine. I'd count myself more as an 'Earth' person when it comes to forces and beings and stuff.

oh no, this stupid thread is back after all

run for your aaaaaaaaaaaa who cares :D

Who cares what spirit is when half the posts here are talking about spirituality?

Thank you from pointing out your tradition's version of duality and moral accounting. Sometimes TTB's makes me laugh because if I believed everything I read on here I'd have more sprites and angels and 'stuff' hanging around me than I care to imagine. I'd count myself more as an 'Earth' person when it comes to forces and beings and stuff.

Nobody is forcing you to believe. What is your point in above post? This is a open forum and in this thread angels were being discussed. There are many other threads for "Earth" persons.

Recep: (snip) ... "until now all the Spirits I have seen (either with physical body or astral body) have unique personalities."

One, this implies long life lived by you. makes you sound over 80. :D

I am 43.

Two, why WOULDNT spirits have unique personalities? What significanceis there to you noting otherwise?

There is also ranking in angels. A more evolved angel has more distinct character

AND what about the Guardian Angles i grew up being told about and praying to? does that make 3 angels?

Good question. We call them as Spiritual Guides not Guards. They can be either a spirit or an angel.

They are referred as in Holy Quran as:

(82:10) "And indeed, [appointed] over you are keepers,"

(86:4) "There is no soul but that it has over it a protector."

Your spiritual guide is helping you all the time. Munkar and Nakir is just recording your merits and sins.

• Like 1

Spirit is the entity created and dispatched towards evolution by God Almighty. The other big group of creation is Angels. Angels have the mission to help spirits in their journey towards God. Billions of years later, Angels will start their evolution and this time, Spirits will assist them.

A human being has one physical body and 99 astral bodies. All of these bodies come from a Higher Self which is actually the Spirit.

In the course of my studies, there is a thought that has occurred to me, but I have not found an answer in any of the books that I have read ... yet there are more books than can be read in a lifetime, it seems. Perhaps you may have some insight in this matter, but if not, that is OK, too:

Is it possible that the period of angelic evolution and the period of human evolution might overlap? In other words, could there already be incarnate angels on earth today who are undergoing their own evolution?

• Like 1

In the course of my studies, there is a thought that has occurred to me, but I have not found an answer in any of the books that I have read ... yet there are more books than can be read in a lifetime, it seems. Perhaps you may have some insight in this matter, but if not, that is OK, too:

Is it possible that the period of angelic evolution and the period of human evolution might overlap? In other words, could there already be incarnate angels on earth today who are undergoing their own evolution?

Good question and it is nice to have a civil conversation with you.

As far as I know, there is no such overlap. However, there have been some angels who incarnated as human beings since Adam&Eve but this is a very seldom exceptional case, it is not a general rule.

• Like 1

AND what about the Guardian Angle

edit> dang underlines

recep, you could be in the company of angels and not know it.

i sometimes probably push my gaurdian angel to the brink of exhausting, but hey

its fun

Dear Zerostao,

Please refer to the post I made about spiritual guides. Do not worry, we all push our guides on this world since there is a tremendous amount of negative energy around us.

thanks recep and in your reply to shenlung, you also mention there are some angels that have reincarnated but it is a rare thing.

i like the spirit guide references that you made.

i appreciate that we can discuss openly about such things as angels and spirit guides.

thanks recep and in your reply to shenlung, you also mention there are some angels that have reincarnated but it is a rare thing.

i like the spirit guide references that you made.

i appreciate that we can discuss openly about such things as angels and spirit guides.

Dear Zerostao,

The reincarnation of Angels as human beings happens that those angels have a specific mission. And when they are human, they also live and act as if they are angels. But again, this is an exceptional case, please do not make a general rule out of it.

Good question and it is nice to have a civil conversation with you.

As far as I know, there is no such overlap. However, there have been some angels who incarnated as human beings since Adam&Eve but this is a very seldom exceptional case, it is not a general rule.

Likewise, sir! There is very little Sufi wisdom that penetrates to the western mind, so your participation in this forum is very valuable. The western mind is very rebellious, and it's nature is to challenge everything - for this reason I felt it necessary to bring to your attention how you were being percieved, however incorrectly. I think you are getting 'the hang of it' :)

Learning to humble one's self and be of service to mankind is difficult, and I have also been very rebellious in the past ... But I am trying. May the almighty provider bless you.

• Like 1

pretty sure my guardian angle is obtuse.

Again, they are not guardian angel. It is your spiritual guide. 60-70% it is a Spirit. If it is a spirit, most of the the time it is one Spirit that really loves you from the past. May be your deceased grandmother, may be a relative from three generations before or a Spirit that has many times reincarnated with you before but this time choosing to be your guide. 30-40% it is an Angel. If it is an Angel, again it is a being that reallyyy loves you.

Do not call your guide as obtuse. It is against Adab. I am not giving link for Adab google it yourself. Your guide has Adab at all times being a positive being.

Adab is essentially ettiquette, correct?

In the first stage, yes. But there is much more. It is the start of a way which will take you to be one with God. At the end, you reach a level, you see God in everything. Without Adab, you can not even imagine that level. Rumi and Shams are two examples of Adab. In fact, if you can speak with your own spiritual guide, and observe her/his way of selecting words, her/his kindness toward you, you will be left in tears. No joke.

Edited by Recep Ivedik
  • Like 2

Nobody is forcing you to believe. What is your point in above post? This is a open forum and in this thread angels were being discussed. There are many other threads for "Earth" persons.

It had nothing to do with being forced to believe, as far as I know. The point was I DO laugh about just how much I might possibly come away believing in if I believed all on TTB's. Don't you laugh about beliefs? Not ever?

Earth spirits go elsewhere, I'm hearing?

I think one could talk about the concept of spirit for hundreds of years, coming up with different interesting theories or ways of describing it, yet only ever talking "around" it, never truly saying what it is. Oh wait, this is what most of our human history has been :P. I think something as infinitely complex, yet so simple as "Spirit" can never truly be described by words alone, it is something best experienced and left up to the individual to determine the meaning behind the word.

just my two cents.

funny, that's pretty much what spirit is... subjective, "something" that is not "something" we can point to or directly refer. Spirit is not a "thing" as much as it is the product of all verbs... not a verb in and of itself, but exists through what is happening. the spirit of a person, the spirit of a group, the spirit of the tao bums, the spirit of the world... the spirit can only be "seen" by not looking.

It had nothing to do with being forced to believe, as far as I know. The point was I DO laugh about just how much I might possibly come away believing in if I believed all on TTB's. Don't you laugh about beliefs? Not ever?

Earth spirits go elsewhere, I'm hearing?

We never laugh about beliefs. It may be wrong even Satanic according to us, but we do not laugh, it is a matter of Adab, which I am sure you never heard of.

Secondly, you mentioned dualism in your previous post. If you are living in this world which is made of yin and yang, you can not escape dualism. However, good and bad are not yin and yang. Yin and Yang are wet and dry, woman and man, cold and hot, - and + poles of electricity, night and day. There is a cyclic interchange between Yin and Yang. A wet thing gets dry, dry thing gets wet, day follow night and night follow day. This is not valid for good and bad. If something is bad, it does not become good then become bad again.

Edited by Recep Ivedik
  • Like 1

In fact, if you can speak with your own spiritual guide, and observe her/his way of selecting words, her/his kindness toward you, you will be left in tears. No joke.

i like this post very much and even if ,you had already made a few posts that i thought were insightful.

this one is very confirming/comforting.

Tripping Over Joy

What is the difference

Between your experience of Existence

And that of a saint?

The saint knows

That the spiritual path

Is a sublime chess game with God

And that the Beloved

Has just made such a Fantastic Move

That the saint is now continually

Tripping over Joy

And bursting out in Laughter

And saying, “I Surrender!”

Whereas, my dear,
I am afraid you still think

You have a thousand serious moves.

~ Hafiz

• Like 1

In fact, if you can speak with your own spiritual guide, and observe her/his way of selecting words, her/his kindness toward you, you will be left in tears. No joke.

i like this post very much and even if ,you had already made a few posts that i thought were insightful.

this one is very confirming/comforting.

I just gave a real life example.