Birch

"Spirit" - what is it?

We never laugh about beliefs. It may be wrong even Satanic according to us, but we do not laugh, it is a matter of Adab, which I am sure you never heard of.

Secondly, you mentioned dualism in your previous post. If you are living in this world which is made of yin and yang, you can not escape dualism. However, good and bad are not yin and yang. Yin and Yang are wet and dry, woman and man, cold and hot, - and + poles of electricity, night and day. There is a cyclic interchange between Yin and Yang. A wet thing gets dry, day follow night and night follow day. This is not valid for good and bad. If something is bad, it does not become good then become bad again.

Thanks for the clarification. Could you give an example of 'good' and 'bad' as you did for yin and yang?

I'm wary of engaging you on the topic of beliefs at this point for I fear we won't agree. I have no idea what the consequences of that would be. I will go and look at Adab to figure whether it is something I already know but with a different name.

Thanks for the clarification. Could you give an example of 'good' and 'bad' as you did for yin and yang?

I'm wary of engaging you on the topic of beliefs at this point for I fear we won't agree. I have no idea what the consequences of that would be. I will go and look at Adab to figure whether it is something I already know but with a different name.

I had given the two links about Adab at different threads, I repeat here:

(http://www.spiritual...es.php?id=17521)

(http://en.wikipedia....iki/Adab_(Islam))

Good? Archangels Gabriel&Michael for instance

Bad? Satan for instance

Edited by Recep Ivedik

i know

Another example, sometimes mediums see some bodiless beings in their homes, especially in the bedrooms. These are all negative Spirits or negative Jinns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn). Positive Spirits or Angels never do that. They are ultimately respective to one's private life. They obey Adab.

Edited by Recep Ivedik

Another example, sometimes mediums see some bodiless beings in their homes, especially in the bedrooms. These are all negative Spirits or negative Jinns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn). Positive Spirits or Angels never do that. They are ultimately respective to one's private life. They obey Adab.

it is my experience that by connecting with Positive Spirits or Angels, that the Positive Spirits or Angels will protect one from the not so positive ones and even keep them away.

it is my experience that by connecting with Positive Spirits or Angels, that the Positive Spirits or Angels will protect one from the not so positive ones and even keep them away.

It is spiritual guide's duty mainly to protect you against the negatives. If necessary, your spiritual guide can call for help. But there is one important point: If you are calling the negative with your actions (with or without being aware of), with your free will, there is nothing the Divine Realm can do, because free will of human is the decision maker.

• Like 1

It is spiritual guide's duty mainly to protect you against the negatives. If necessary, your spiritual guide can call for help. But there is one important point: If you are calling the negative with your actions (with or without being aware of), with your free will, there is nothing the Divine Realm can do, because free will of human is the decision maker.

that is an important point, thankyou for sharing that.

The spiritual guides are really fascinating. In their hearts, they have a real love for the person they guide. This love is in Pink colour in astral plane. A negative being can introduce itself as your guide exactly looking like your spiritual guide but that negative being can never imitate that pink colour love energy.

Edited by Recep Ivedik

K- I lost this thread for a long time... What did you learn?

My short answer from the original post is: Your ancestor... Was that a spoiler?

Bah, I was looking forward to a conversation with Recep on pink-color love vs other colors, and how that relates to the feelings of the person for the other vs other for the person, ect. ect.

Not at all:-)

I learned that it's lots of different things. Even Shen gets split into a sort of a universal Shen and at least a personal one, also shen.

No personal visitations via Shen so far. As far as I know.

Among the tools that I keep is a machete, that friends of the house have taken to referring to as 'drinker'. Among a long line of edged implements, it has joined a larger family of items that seem to, by their very nature, delight in drinking human blood.

I posess a number of tools of this sort, but this one is one that I reach for when I have a need to make use of it's particular properties. When anyone uses it for it's proper purpose, it performs reliably, without fail.

Anyone who attempts to use it without respecting it's properties winds up being cut. It does not have an independant life force, it is not a "posessed" item, but still ...it has a spirit.

When asked about the spirit of an object, a movement in human history, or of an entire system, there is something that cannot be reduced to any component part, an idea or form that prevades all conciousness.

What is the spirit of a knife? a cup? a chair?

From my perspective, a spirit is that irreducible component of things, which is reflected in the true nature, not the incidental purpose to which a thing is used. Examine everything around you, and ask What is it's true spirit?

Edited by ShenLung
  • Like 2

Spirit of the so-called "inanimate" objects is a much more effective manner of pondering the nature of "spirit". Every rock, blade of grass, leaf, stem, twig, puddle, dropplet, and breath has a spirit, a life, and even its own name.

It is far easier to see the spirit in the inanimate. Ego, "I" conciousness can hide the true spirit, and human beings in particular have great facility in transforming spirits. In moments of mortal fear, the ego retreats, and a person's true nature may be revealed. During these moments, one may experience the world 'slowing down', and some of those rules of physics that we always assume to be constant do not neccessarily apply. This is where the adage "In order to truely know someone, you must fight him" comes from, the revealing of true spirit.

• Like 1