tulku

Living Life is a totally misconstrued taoist concept

:rolleyes:

we are mammals

tulku is a superawesome ascended god being. he is not some submormal loser "mammal" ahem lets show the proper respect.

did you know that when you get to be a superawesome ascended god being, you no longer have to cite references when you spout "facts". What a bonus!!

i'm gonna cut off my willy i'm in such a hurry to get there

Both of you are WRONG.

tulku is.. A SUPER MAMMAL!

:closedeyes::lol::o

*laughs with witch and anamatva*

*simulataneously sighs at tulku*

It is very easy to slander spiritual masters on the net but these spiritual masters know the seekers know the truth more than any blasphemous slandering liar.

:excl: *wonders how tulku can get away with speaking so derogatorily towards other members* :excl:

^ really depends on how everyone feels about it (i.e reports and such)

but I do appreciate others not descending to the same level :wub:

:excl: *wonders how tulku can get away with speaking so derogatorily towards other members* :excl:

I have not reported him because I feel there is value in this discussion.

Yes, he has been, how do we say it?, rather demeaning of those who don't believe exactly as he does. He's not the first member to do that and not get suspended.

He has not made any "personal" insults or attacks yet that would require moderation, IMO. And yes, I am watching.

a bit like living life really, if you can put up with it just go with the flow.

Larger obsticals may cause greater turbulence and require.... warning signs

Danger.jpg

and/or assistance :lol:

^ really depends on how everyone feels about it (i.e reports and such)

but I do appreciate others not descending to the same level :wub:

Agreed.

Both Buddhism and Taoism teach us to be non-judgemental. Each of us should worry about our own path.

:)

Danger.jpg

and/or assistance :lol:

ahh. well... then tulku is a reptile now?

Crikey mate!

:lol:

Edited by Kali Yuga

I think larger testicles (testicals?) tend to do that as well. And warning signs could come in handy...

(sorry Mal, bad humor :lol: :lol: )

Large testicles require turbelence? LOL!

haha respect to the mods for having a sense of humor.

I've just come to an epiphany!

To become a superior being one must lose all sense of humor, cut his balls off and go into the wild. Do crocodiles have testicles?! LOL

• Like 1

Y'all have done an excellent job at hyjacking this thread.

I'll join in:

Big balls are very popular down under :lol:

Mal, Did you know that you Aussies have the record for being home to the one animal that has the biggest balls compared to it's overall body size?

No, it's not any of you human men - sorry. It's one of your marsupials. (Can't remember its name - a very small one - feeds on flower nectar mostly.)

Y'all have done an excellent job at hyjacking this thread.

I'll join in:

Mal, Did you know that you Aussies have the record for being home to the one animal that has the biggest balls compared to it's overall body size?

No, it's not any of you human men - sorry. It's one of your marsupials. (Can't remember its name - a very small one - feeds on flower nectar mostly.)

Hold on it's this one right?

big_balls.jpg

:P

researchBanner01.jpg

note how my pic is totally cute and not naughty at all :unsure:

The males are very interesting. They are smaller than the females and have extremely large testes (that produce the spermatozoa), representing about 4.2% of their body weight (Renfree, Russell and Wooller, 1984). As well, the spermatozoa are the largest of any known mammalian sperm (Woolley and Scarlett, 1984)

http://www.honeypossum.com.au/research.php

tulku (brother),

imo what lao tzu was saying to us is in essence a philosophy of being natural. chuang tzu is telling us that our existence is an integral part

of limitless time and the cosmos. and we are constantly interacting. dont use another's standard for yourself. those other higher masters

found their own standards. unique and meaningful to them.

if your standard to find freedom is to clear away from your dependencies, the ones you have created for yourself, your self-created pit of bondage. if you are convinced that you have an over-dependency in your daily life of material things, vices, emotions, knowledges, politicians, etc , then by all means step out of your bondage and into your freedom.

after thousands of years the taoist thought includes a way for the layman to find better health, keys to longevity, a better quality of life that

includes everything from philosophy, to government, science, and technology too. and yes, it also has exercises and training for those

individuals in search of higher spiritual realization.

the profound nature of the tao gives its seekers different insights as they think, approach, and continue with their own unique stages of realization. tao encompasses all and is unlimited. tao is a universal truth and it is everywhere. tao depends on ones current experience

and understanding.

i wish you safety on your journey. i doubt you have been to the mountain yet but i realize you are thinking about it. i like your idea about the small village and the forest better. even then i recommend starting off on the fringe of the forest before venturing in too deep.

dont worry about healing us. we will either find our right path or not. more important for you that you heal yourself and find what you seek.

and i had been looking for a place to put this laugh.gif i used to have a tortured soul myself.

tulku you are an interesting one. best of luck to you brother.

edit> imo taoists do value and enjoy life. all life is precious(from the kung fu tv show)

a taoist seeks ways to live a long healthy , happy life.

Edited by zerostao

tulku is a superawesome ascended god being. he is not some submormal loser "mammal" ahem lets show the proper respect.

did you know that when you get to be a superawesome ascended god being, you no longer have to cite references when you spout "facts". What a bonus!!

i'm gonna cut off my willy i'm in such a hurry to get there

why cut off your willy when you can cut off your mind?

tulku (brother),

imo what lao tzu was saying to us is in essence a philosophy of being natural. chuang tzu is telling us that our existence is an integral part

of limitless time and the cosmos. and we are constantly interacting. dont use another's standard for yourself. those other higher masters

found their own standards. unique and meaningful to them.

if your standard to find freedom is to clear away from your dependencies, the ones you have created for yourself, your self-created pit of bondage. if you are convinced that you have an over-dependency in your daily life of material things, vices, emotions, knowledges, politicians, etc , then by all means step out of your bondage and into your freedom.

after thousands of years the taoist thought includes a way for the layman to find better health, keys to longevity, a better quality of life that

includes everything from philosophy, to government, science, and technology too. and yes, it also has exercises and training for those

individuals in search of higher spiritual realization.

the profound nature of the tao gives its seekers different insights as they think, approach, and continue with their own unique stages of realization. tao encompasses all and is unlimited. tao is a universal truth and it is everywhere. tao depends on ones current experience

and understanding.

i wish you safety on your journey. i doubt you have been to the mountain yet but i realize you are thinking about it. i like your idea about the small village and the forest better. even then i recommend starting off on the fringe of the forest before venturing in too deep.

dont worry about healing us. we will either find our right path or not. more important for you that you heal yourself and find what you seek.

and i had been looking for a place to put this laugh.gif i used to have a tortured soul myself.

tulku you are an interesting one. best of luck to you brother.

edit> imo taoists do value and enjoy life. all life is precious(from the kung fu tv show)

a taoist seeks ways to live a long healthy , happy life.

the profound nature of the tao does give its seekers different insights but the previous and current taoist masters still give a very limited explaination of the tao.

i am already living by myself in the mountains regardless of where i am physically..

one does not have to physically join a solitary mountain monastery in order to lead a solitary mountain monastery lifestyle..

From that moment on,

I decided to take control of my life.

I made up my mind to turn my body...

into a weapon.

I would be a warrior-scholar.

I boxed. I went to school.

I began reading

So I gave up all the worthless luxury...

that most inmates crave.

The girlie books, fags,

cigarettes, the movies- I hated them.

In fact, I hated everyone.

I didn't even speak English. I spoke

hate.

And its verbs were fists.

I made up my mind...

to turn my body into a weapon...

that would eventually set me free...

or kill anyone who sought to keep me in prison.

On September

I was released,

and I vowed upon everything holy...

never to come back to prison again.

I had spent almost half my time on this Earth...

in jail.

Hey, come on, Lesra. Time to get up. Breakfast, buddy.

Edited by tulku

the profound nature of the tao does give its seekers different insights but the previous and current taoist masters still give a very limited explaination of the tao.

i am already living by myself in the mountains regardless of where i am physically..

one does not have to physically join a solitary mountain monastery in order to lead a solitary mountain monastery lifestyle..

From that moment on,

I decided to take control of my life.

I made up my mind to turn my body...

into a weapon.

I would be a warrior-scholar.

I boxed. I went to school.

I began reading

So I gave up all the worthless luxury...

that most inmates crave.

The girlie books, fags,

cigarettes, the movies- I hated them.

In fact, I hated everyone.

I didn't even speak English. I spoke

hate.

And its verbs were fists.

I made up my mind...

to turn my body into a weapon...

that would eventually set me free...

or kill anyone who sought to keep me in prison.

On September

I was released,

and I vowed upon everything holy...

never to come back to prison again.

I had spent almost half my time on this Earth...

in jail.

Hey, come on, Lesra. Time to get up. Breakfast, buddy.

Hello Tulku,

Every time I read one of your posts Tulku I see a little more anger and bitterness, a dissatisfaction with your own life that you wish to push on others. You seem to relish in suffering, but let me be yet another insignificant man to tell you that depriving yourself is not the key, anyone who has reached a degree of awareness can tell you that, rather knowing when you've had enough is. I will not argue with you about this, because I know it's true, so arguing about it is pointless. You will either learn this lesson or suffer a very unsatisfying life.

Please quit trying to convince people that you're stating facts. You are not good, nor is what you say good, nor is it bad, it just isn't natural, and hence will only lead you to hardship. Stop believing and start listening and maybe you'll get some real enlightenment.

Aaron

• Like 2

Hello Tulku,

You seem to relish in suffering, but let me be yet another insignificant man to tell you that depriving yourself is not the key, anyone who has reached a degree of awareness can tell you that, rather knowing when you've had enough is.

But the whole point of his exercises is that he does not buy in to your assumption that he is 'depriving' himself in any way, shape and form.

He is convinced its others who are depriving themselves of what he doggedly thinks he is about to attain, whatever he thinks That may be.

This could work for some, in the sense that such determined shutting off of all external opinions may serve to funnel a sort of realization which otherwise may not happen if he takes in too much of other's ideas and views, but what i cannot wrap my understanding around is why come on to a forum to express concepts which are primarily and exclusively suitable only for himself? Then, i figured that perhaps he is attempting to burn all his own conceptual bridges by talking himself into a corner until he has absolutely no options left but to walk the talk.

Many have tried to rationalize with him, and that wont work. Attempt to reflect his thoughts off one's personal experience, but that wont work. Make fact-based rebuttals, but all in vain. Coaxing wont work either.... he is like a cat stuck so high up a tree that its almost desperate enough to leap off if it gets too hungry or thirsty. Its no use to think that the cat will somehow find the path which it took to ascend the tree, and use that to find its way down from the dizzying heights. After all, to begin with, it never consciously marked a path as it began its climb.

Edited by CowTao

Yes I suppose most taoist masters who stay secluded up in the mountains and most buddhist monks who stay secluded in the forest monasteries are full of fear.

Well, they were usualy doing something useful, like non-stop deep meditation in order to enhance their insight in what life's all about or developing special abilities - instead of, let's say, philosophizing on a forum.

Personally I love the (scientific) reincarnation point of view: you kinda need to have experienced everything (good or bad), made every mistake and such. If it's your time to sit in a cave, meditate and get more insight the circumstances will be created for you.

If you feel inspired to push away a beautiful girl, abstain from all pleasure in life and it really makes you feel good, that's probably what you need to be doing. If you do not feel happy and fulfilled it's probably a mistake you have to make and you'll realize one day, in this life or the next.

• Like 1

truth is the truth.. people who cling on to their marriages, sex, good food, cars, wealth, happiness are like subhuman losers to the ones who realize that the most important thing is consciousness and enlightenment itself.

now i am telling everyone to donate all your savings and properties to charities .. everybody gotta eat to survive to live to cultivate..

but do you need good food to survive? do you need marriage and a mate to survive? do you need lots of good friends and party mates to survive?

The reason you seem like a poser to me is this: ascetics don't spend there time on the net arguing with strangers. Ascetics live a simple, often humble life. You try too hard to convince people and often show a lack of knowledge in your examples.

There was one guy on the Healing Tao discussion site Harry (Pain or Sunshine) and he said he was off to be ascetic, live a monks life. And bam, we didn't hear from him for years. He was walking the walk, no time for talk.

I know a guy in Chicago. To be more in step with the seasons he had the electricity and heat turned off in his apartment. The sun was his light, his body adapted to the cold (plus heat from hallways and other apartments). Very cool dude. Ascetic, yet he lived in the city. He was charming and enjoyed the food (vegan) at the party and performers. He had a 'shine' of someone who was onto something.

No electricity (won't find him on the bums), his enjoyments were the sunrise, sunsets, good simple food. Very inspiring. Simple words, simple man, powerful. I think there is a need to be reminded simplify, reduce; know whats important. But telling people they're 'subhuman losers' is a sign of a wounded ego.

We are lucky to have advanced practitioners and teachers on the bums, but the silly drama fests are a turn off to them (IMO). Personally I don't mind participating, but they don't show a high level of practice.

Tulku asked me how do I know he hasn't reached a high level of (? something). For the same reason he knows I'm not there, cause I get involved in trivial game playing, though less then he (nya nya B) )

my 2 bits

about Buddha; I'd add, the guy went from prince to ascetic, found that wasn't the way and founded the Middle Path (Sadly died from food poisoning at dinner party). There are many Buddhists Priests (not all) who are married, and I'd wager they know more about Buddhism then Tulku most of us.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Hello Tulku,

Every time I read one of your posts Tulku I see a little more anger and bitterness, a dissatisfaction with your own life that you wish to push on others. You seem to relish in suffering, but let me be yet another insignificant man to tell you that depriving yourself is not the key, anyone who has reached a degree of awareness can tell you that, rather knowing when you've had enough is. I will not argue with you about this, because I know it's true, so arguing about it is pointless. You will either learn this lesson or suffer a very unsatisfying life.

Please quit trying to convince people that you're stating facts. You are not good, nor is what you say good, nor is it bad, it just isn't natural, and hence will only lead you to hardship. Stop believing and start listening and maybe you'll get some real enlightenment.

Aaron

It is funny. The city people see me as being dissatisfied with life yet the monks see me as being enlightened enough to want to jump out of cycle of rebirth and death.

Should I listen to the city people who have not even attained an iota of enlightenment or the monks who are already enlightened?

How is staying away from women, good food and other luxuries of life considered to be a punishment?

How is living a life free of addictions a life of punishment?

Most people are addicted to women,or men, good food, shopping, clubbing, drinking and other types of useless fun which do nothing for enlightenment.

Yet for the monks who have broken free of these addictions, if you ask them to enjoy themselves with women, good food, shopping, clubbing, drinking and other types of useless fun activities, it is like a suffering for them.

Because their mind is already stable and to drag their minds into a state of instability is like dragging them into hell.

What I am doing is the most natural thing in the universe. It is not something which the monks in the last few thousand years have not already done.

Whether I get any hardships or enlightenment in the end is not something for a petty human like you to decide.

Do you really think that you are the Creator the Universe who can decide my fate just by saying so?

Don't delude yourself. A mere petty human who can't even determine his own fate can never judge a being like me.

But the whole point of his exercises is that he does not buy in to your assumption that he is 'depriving' himself in any way, shape and form.

He is convinced its others who are depriving themselves of what he doggedly thinks he is about to attain, whatever he thinks That may be.

This could work for some, in the sense that such determined shutting off of all external opinions may serve to funnel a sort of realization which otherwise may not happen if he takes in too much of other's ideas and views, but what i cannot wrap my understanding around is why come on to a forum to express concepts which are primarily and exclusively suitable only for himself? Then, i figured that perhaps he is attempting to burn all his own conceptual bridges by talking himself into a corner until he has absolutely no options left but to walk the talk.

Many have tried to rationalize with him, and that wont work. Attempt to reflect his thoughts off one's personal experience, but that wont work. Make fact-based rebuttals, but all in vain. Coaxing wont work either.... he is like a cat stuck so high up a tree that its almost desperate enough to leap off if it gets too hungry or thirsty. Its no use to think that the cat will somehow find the path which it took to ascend the tree, and use that to find its way down from the dizzying heights. After all, to begin with, it never consciously marked a path as it began its climb.

well i am walking the talk now if you haven't sensed it by now.

you know, unless you people have accomplish great feats of enlightenment to start with, i don't think any of you have the credentials to lecture anyone on how they should walk their path..

you can offer your opinions maybe but in the end, it is someone else's right to walk the path in whichever manner they want

this cat is not finding its way down in this very lifetime..

it will either find enlightenment or it will find death..

both of which are very desirable alternatives