tulku

Living Life is a totally misconstrued taoist concept

edit for the purpose of adding some missing characters in words. They apparently attained 'nothingness' when I did the original post.

Hahaha, now I know where all my missing characters go all the time! :lol:

That's a good possibility. Hehehe.

hahaaha not like i pretend to understand the mother cosmos / creator / whatever

but when i first started to get psychic impressions and messages in my body i was working with a shaman (cherokee) and he told me basically that the great spirit communicates with *everyone* in their own way and not to think i was special or fixate on the impressions i was getting, just remember that i should be grateful if i get a message that helps.

also, it stands to reason that everything is dao, so i have never had a thought in my life, nor has anyone else, that wasnt a manifestation of dao! haha! seperation from the divine is a very western idea, and so then is the idea of "reconnecting with it"!? To me, life is the dream of godhead, and we are all characters in this great dreaming drama, so this very conversation contains the essence of divinity, as does the poo i just took, and everything else! we are all characters in creator's dream. So nothing, therefore, is seperate from creator, and nobody has ever had a thought which has not been of the origin of creator! how could one ever be seperate from creator, except in their own mind!? haha

So when i hear people like tulku say "oh i hear the messages of creator, i am so high level, i am so special" i think to myself "no you have only begun to realize that the creator talks to you. soon you will begin to realize that the creator talks to everyone!" :)

To me, life is the dream of godhead, and we are all characters in this great dreaming drama, so this very conversation contains the essence of divinity, as does the poo i just took, and everything else!

Yeah, well, being an Atheist I don't talk like that. Hehehe. I normally just say that we are a manifest expression of Tao and leave it at that.

If we have divine beings talking with us all the time I think it would be time to seek some professional help.

Yeah, well, being an Atheist I don't talk like that. Hehehe. I normally just say that we are a manifest expression of Tao and leave it at that.

i dont understand creator as something that can be deified, as it is beyond attributes and personality. So in that way i can understand things from an atheist's perspective. But i have seen enough to believe that the cosmos is intelligent, and that things happen with purpose and intention behind them, not randomly or accidentally. So in that way i can understand as a theist.

There is no easy answer, so i am not going to pretend that i could give an easy explanation and do the subject any justice. However i am all about hijacking this thread so lets talk more about it marblehead! and anyone else who wants to chime in hahahah

if the dao is the sum total of all intelligences, is it, as a oneness, intelligent?

If we have divine beings talking with us all the time I think it would be time to seek some professional help.

some people hear voices of deities because deities talk to them, some people hear voices of deities because their mind is fixated on deities and the mind just works like that, some people hear voices of deities because they are schizophrenic and have auditory hallucinations, some people hear voices of deities because they are listening to bad spirits that say "i am this deity <snicker> do what i say" (i know you don't believe in spirits, try to stay with me), some people hear voices of deities because they want so badly to hear voices of deities that the mind creates these voices to quench the thirst, some people hear voices of deities because they sit in too much meditation and get energy stagnating in their head, etc.

however, if i pray to shiva, sometimes i hear a response to my question in english language!! WTF?! i don't presume that shiva is actually using his conscious mind to answer my prayers. maybe that is why they say shiva lives everywhere.. maybe his consciousness is just such that it is part of me (shivoham is a shaivite mantra meaning "i am shiva") or maybe when you get into the realm of deity consciousness, ordinary explanations fall short of being able to adequately describe what is experienced. i don't pretend to understand, maybe its just my higher self?! who can say? not me. but i get really really helpful advice from this voice when it manifests. and of course i am far from the only one to have mystical experience regarding shiva.

so who knows? i surely don't pretend to. i am an ignorant mystic, a fool who has accepted his folly. better that i just raise more questions than that i try to answer anything :lol:

• Like 1

Wow! You sure do talk a lot once you get started, don't you?

Much to speak to. Let's see how I do.

i dont understand creator as something that can be deified, as it is beyond attributes and personality. So in that way i can understand things from an atheist's perspective. But i have seen enough to believe that the cosmos is intelligent, and that things happen with purpose and intention behind them, not randomly or accidentally. So in that way i can understand as a theist.

Therein lies the problem. When stuff happens that we don't understand we say, "WTF?!" But when things happen the way we think they should happen we say, "Ah Ha! There has to be some controlling factor.

This is because this is how things happen in our personal life. When things happen the way we want them too we claim that we had control of the situation but when things get all screwed up we balme other factors.

I do understand that humans, in general, have a need for unification. The dieties are for becoming one with - unification!

There is no easy answer, so i am not going to pretend that i could give an easy explanation and do the subject any justice. However i am all about hijacking this thread so lets talk more about it marblehead! and anyone else who wants to chime in hahahah

No. There are no answers. There are understandings and opinions. But this is why I have stayed so long in this thread. The word "Taoist" was used negatively in the thread title. I will always argue against such actions.

It is not necessarily my intention to hyjack the thread but rather to show that Taoist Philosophy is a perfect guide for one to live his/her life to its maximum potential. That, IMO, would be our best expression of Tao.

if the dao is the sum total of all intelligences, is it, as a oneness, intelligent?

And this is where I differ from Religious Taoists and Taoists who hold to the concept of a consciousness or an intelligence that is universal.

There is simply way too much duality of observable consciousness and intelligenc for me to accept that there is any "higher power" controlling, in any way, what is happening throughout the universe. (Unless, of course, this "higher power is schizo.)

some people hear voices of deities because deities talk to them, some people hear voices of deities because their mind is fixated on deities and the mind just works like that, some people hear voices of deities because they are schizophrenic and have auditory hallucinations, some people hear voices of deities because they are listening to bad spirits that say "i am this deity <snicker> do what i say" (i know you don't believe in spirits, try to stay with me), some people hear voices of deities because they want so badly to hear voices of deities that the mind creates these voices to quench the thirst, some people hear voices of deities because they sit in too much meditation and get energy stagnating in their head, etc.

Yes, we all hear voices. This is our subconscious mind. A natural function of our brain. What we get from it will depend on what we have put in it. "Garbage in = garbage out."

If I were to constantly think about my Pegacorn I would have visions of my Pegacorn during my awaken hours and I would dream about her when I was sleeping. And the more I think about her the stronger my visions will become. Self-induced illusions and delusions.

however, if i pray to shiva, sometimes i hear a response to my question in english language!! WTF?! i don't presume that shiva is actually using his conscious mind to answer my prayers. maybe that is why they say shiva lives everywhere.. maybe his consciousness is just such that it is part of me (shivoham is a shaivite mantra meaning "i am shiva") or maybe when you get into the realm of deity consciousness, ordinary explanations fall short of being able to adequately describe what is experienced. i don't pretend to understand, maybe its just my higher self?! who can say? not me. but i get really really helpful advice from this voice when it manifests. and of course i am far from the only one to have mystical experience regarding shiva.

Yep. You will get back what you have put in. Our beliefs, both negative and positive will be reflected in our thoughts and dreams. Thing is, our subconscious mind does not work according to any rules. It just throws shit at us. We think we smell like a rose but in reality we stink really bad.

There is no "higher" or "lower" self. We are what we are. That is all. Nothing more, nothing less. If we practice goodness we will be said to be a good person; if we practice evil we will be said to be an evil person. That's life.

so who knows? i surely don't pretend to. i am an ignorant mystic, a fool who has accepted his folly. better that i just raise more questions than that i try to answer anything :lol:

I don't know. All I can go by is what I have observed with my senses. I have my opinions and understandings. I share those with others. I will arrgue them with others so that I can either justify my opinions and understandings or find that I have been in error and need to change my opinions and understandings.

Taoist philosophy teaches me to do this. It teaches me to observe the universe objectively. Every time we view something subjectively we smudge the picture - we don't see what is really there.

The more one thinks about flying saucers the more one will see in the night skies.

We need to understand the processes of Nature and the processes of our brain. This will allow us to live a much fuller life.

And no, we don't have to give up anything in order to become self-actualized. In fact, giving up things will prevent us from becoming self-actualized. (But I'm not going to talk about excesses right now.)

And this is where I differ from Religious Taoists and Taoists who hold to the concept of a consciousness or an intelligence that is universal.

There is simply way too much duality of observable consciousness and intelligenc for me to accept that there is any "higher power" controlling, in any way, what is happening throughout the universe. (Unless, of course, this "higher power is schizo.)

Good thing I'm not one of them then hey? Hehehehe :P

You do realize that that is not necessarily what Religious Daoists believe in ???

:D

Good thing I'm not one of them then hey? Hehehehe :P

You do realize that that is not necessarily what Religious Daoists believe in ???

:D

Hehehe. Good catch there Stig.

The only thing I can say about what Religious Taoists believe in is what Religious Taoists tell me they believe in. I have no knowledge of my own. Same applies whenever I speak about Buddhism. I can only go by what others tell me as I claim no knowledge of the belief system.

However,

I fell it would be fair for you to enter this discussion because your beliefs do include Taoist philosophical concepts.

Okay. Where were we?

I have no idea. I think I might have become lost. No worry though, Tao is never lost.

Hi Aaron. I know Tulku started it but you know better than to do that.

Tulku is the first person I've called ignorant in several years, that I can remember. I might've said it in anger to a few people, but I actually feel Tulku meets much the criteria for the definition of one who is ignorant and that it needed to be said, lest people mistake what he says for being anything resembling reality.

Aaron

Tulku is the first person I've called ignorant in several years, that I can remember. I might've said it in anger to a few people, but I actually feel Tulku meets much the criteria for the definition of one who is ignorant and that it needed to be said, lest people mistake what he says for being anything resembling reality.

Aaron

Big belly laughs. Hehehe.

I expected only a "Yes Sir!" response.

The only difference between taoism and buddhism is in name.

The enjoyment of things prevent the cultivation on non-dualism and non-attachment of the mind.

Even the master taoist sages will retreat to caves when attempting the pinnacle of spiritual cultivation.

Check out Wudang, Emei and other taoist sects in China which seclude themselves in the mountains. Why do you think is so?

Why aren't most taoist masters enjoying life in the cities if it doesn't hinder anything?

The only difference between bhuddism and taoism is the personification of a deity

Even the master taoist sages emerge from retreat in caves.

Why not?

Because they have risen above the need to partake, through experiences which include indulgence

I'm not trying to be beligerant, i just want to repeat myself cuz i love hearing myself type :lol:

But seriously, has this been given ample contemplation?

Wow! You sure do talk a lot once you get started, don't you?

i guess i do. probably comes from not having many friends, or a facebook account, or some outlet for my thoughts. i guess i get too excited about all the like minds here and talk too much. i'll try to rein it in.

No. There are no answers. There are understandings and opinions. But this is why I have stayed so long in this thread. The word "Taoist" was used negatively in the thread title. I will always argue against such actions.

It is not necessarily my intention to hyjack the thread but rather to show that Taoist Philosophy is a perfect guide for one to live his/her life to its maximum potential. That, IMO, would be our best expression of Tao.

yeah i think no answers too. just myriad ways of looking at things, and certain agreements we make with each other.

probably i should not try to hijack this thread either. :D i was raised by fundamentalist hypocrites, and i guess i still have issues, seeing as how ol tulku and his opinions rile me up. thanks for the nice reminder.

well if you and i and everyone and all the animals and plants etc are expressions of higher power, higher power is schizo by definition. maybe higher power is off its meds! haha

And no, we don't have to give up anything in order to become self-actualized. In fact, giving up things will prevent us from becoming self-actualized. (But I'm not going to talk about excesses right now.)

yeah i agree

probably comes from not having many friends

If you have no objections, i'd be honored to be your TTB friend? :wub:

• Like 1

Give us the proof that Nan Huaijin smokes, has 2 wives, eats meat, drinks some alcohol, and even cracks dirty jokes.

It is very easy to slander spiritual masters on the net but these spiritual masters know the seekers know the truth more than any blasphemous slandering liar.

Proof I obviously cannot provide. However, here is the best I can do for you:

Step 1: Go to www.baidu.com

Step 2: In the search box paste in the terms "南怀瑾 抽烟" and/or "南怀瑾 喝酒"

Step 3: Click on the links, use translation software such as that provided by Google or Yahoo! to read more.

Step 4: Dismount high horse

Step 5: Drink a refreshing and relaxing beverage

Step 6: Chill.

• Like 2

Hmm. Interesting.

What is morality? Who am I to tell the universe how it should work?

Aren't we all part of everything? Who am I, to tell you that you should have more lofty manners than a lion, for example?