tulku

The problem with people is that they fear death and loss

And who are you to define the lifestyle of fearless people?

I am who you think I am. For example: "I'm the person who defines the lifestyle of fearless people" I hope I don't define your lifestyle, but if I do define my own perception then I'm afraid that I even define your lifestyle. I'm terribly sorry.

I should have never revealed these powers, it was wrong of me. I cannot take back my words... Perhaps it does comfort to also reveal my weakness. Like other people having influence on my perception as well! Or is this just my own perception influencing itself? I have no idea, I'm confused :wacko:

I always have a vague identity. Perhaps my ego is so big that it equals to zero.

I've never met fearless people, actually. I've only met alot of impulsive people who do stupid things in the face of danger. I've also heared about couragious people who do good stuff in the face of danger or fear of death/loss.

I think the problem here is on itself a very dificult problem to solve. We certainly need more then one mathematician on this one. It would be interesting to see this problem being solved. I wonder how long the first prototype of the fearless peepol will stay alive. I'd certainly think it is possible, but not easy.

My guesses are this: the first human-like thing that is fearless and might have a good change of being accepted among the "peoples" are sex-robots. They look realistic for sexy reasons and have no fear for equal sexy reasons. I've seen some prototypes, it is certainly possible to make them look realistic, but the question remains wether they will be accepted as "people". My guesses are that alot of people who have sex with these robots will accept them as being "people" and the rest will just accept them as robots. But its just a small prediction. Because the rest of the robots will never resemble real human beings, in order not to creep people away from them. But people who will buy sex-robots are creeps themselves, that much is already known...

Anyone know where I can get one? :huh:

I think there are alot of sex-dolls out there that looks very realistic and are accepted as "people" among some. I think fearless people already exist! That is so exciting :D

:P

Edited by Everything

Love, of course is the foundation of spiritual practice, but equally can be the downfall if unbalanced.

That's important, I think.

I've never met fearless people, actually. I've only met alot of impulsive people who do stupid things in the face of danger. I've also heared about couragious people who do good stuff in the face of danger or fear of death/loss.

You really should meet some of us. We are really nice people when we get to know us. Many of us follow the creed, "I will help you if I can; I will kill you if I must."

Most of us are warriors of one form or another and not necessarily militaristic. We place great value on certain ideals and we will do whatever is necessary to realize those ideals.

(Of course, all this was when I was younger. Being an old man now I have removed myself from the ideals, some accomplished, some not. It was time to retire so I retired.)

Have fun with your sex machine.

People find love because they fear nor being loved.

There is nothing to find. There is only "being".

Being in the void, Being empty at all times, even in the heart.

Would such person have empty intenstines and bladder as well? Not needing to go wee wee and kaa kaa? Or if they really needed to go would that interfere with the void and they would be running a risk of being proclameid as a non void person ?

Uhm ..on the second thought preheaps a 'non voidicalisious' is a better term for such person.

How could a person even exist like this(empty in the void always), there wouldnt be physical body,or if there is one it wouldnt survive for long?Predominantley empty yes, but always no.

Edited by suninmyeyes

I would question this though:

Their wellbeing is a reflection in your eyes.

I don't think this is necessarily true. If we have clarity of vision we will see things as they truely are, without any of our biases.

An other's wellbeing is based on a multitude of factors.

Yes, this is true. And just because one can see with clarity the Truth, does not mean we cannot use the multitude of tools available to affect the wellbeing, and ultimately awakening of others.

Edited by Small Fur

one can never be enlightened

What if some people on these forums don't want to be 'enlightened', whatever that means anyway.

I am certainly not chasing after enlightenment. Try posting on a Buddhist forum. Oh, I forgot, this is. :lol:

• Like 1

What if some people on these forums don't want to be 'enlightened', whatever that means anyway.

I am certainly not chasing after enlightenment. Try posting on a Buddhist forum. Oh, I forgot, this is. :lol:

if you are not chasing after samadhi, then you would be wasting your time and energy in a daoist forum.

if you are not chasing after samadhi, then you would be wasting your time and energy in a daoist forum.

What rubbish is this ?

Samadhi schamadhi ???

This is buddhist. What is a buddhist like you, Bodyoflight doing on a daoist forum ?

Edited by lifeforce

a bit negative(ie Buddism-Middle Way..Who is) so edited.

Here is Zen Fable.

At a Zen monastery there was a certain guilty pleasure in hearing the death poem/haiku of the senior monks. Often they're repeated and become legendary.

A senior monk considered by most to be a master lay dying. A young monk asked for his last words. "I am afraid to die" he said and expired.

For days the young monk was troubled. He finally asked a senior whether the dying monk had actually been a master.

The answer he got was "Yes, he was. Above all else Zen is honest".

People create and twist such fables into meaning what ever they want to preach, yet I think there is some bed rock to this one. Preconceptions and adhered dogmas give us blinders.

Edited by thelerner

That reminds me of a bumpersticker:

DO NOT SEEK LOVE,

BUT SEEK AND FIND ALL THE BARRIERS THAT YOU HAVE BUILT AGAINST IT

Love that one, i'd trace it to Rumi, but thats whatever really. :)

What rubbish is this ?

Samadhi schamadhi ???

This is buddhist. What is a buddhist like you, Bodyoflight doing on a daoist forum ?

Haha, priceless! :lol: I'm beginning to assume that proselytizing buddhists are a recurring phenomenon in this taoist forum.

And who are you to define the lifestyle of fearless people?

I might be stating the obvious, but this little statement boils down to a desire to grant or take away an authorization for other people's free expression. This is so much at the beginning of the spiritual path that you don't need to post it on a taoist forum in order to get some :rolleyes::blink::wacko: .

Wow, it might even implicate that tulku thinks he's fearless. I hope his condition is not that bad.

Edited by Hardyg