Makyea

Bad Ovary?

Hi Ya Mu,

I think you have a very valid point: I fully agree with you that blaming people or suggesting that people blame themselves for their ill luck is a vice.

Yet, at the end of the day, critical self evaluation is not necessarily the same as self-pity and blaming oneself.

The poster suggested pretty clearly that she was not ready to accept the doctor's medicine and wanted to try something else - I read the responses to this thread as suggestions for some tools for self evaluation, but I can also see how they can be misunderstood as manuals in self-blame. This is an important distinction.

Yes, agreed that critical self-evaluation is a good thing. And yes, she has received some valuable pointers in this direction. The thread, to me, just seemed to be slightly more slanted the other way.

• Like 1

Here's a completely different answer to the OP.

The ovaries and the eyes have a direct energetic relationship.

The issue with your right ovary is coming from your left eye and is a karmic issue.

It is the karma of blinding others, now cleared from your spirit.

And while we're at it, let's just clear all of the experiences of traumatizing others; that was especially weak for your ancestors.

• Like 1

Yes, agreed that critical self-evaluation is a good thing. And yes, she has received some valuable pointers in this direction. The thread, to me, just seemed to be slightly more slanted the other way.

I don't think it's a blame thing. I think it's more a self-realization thing.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a blame thing. I think it's more a self-realization thing.

I guess we could say most things are a self-realization thing.

My point is that medically, there are all sorts of probable causes of this lady's problems and for the most part all I have seen here is people trying to tell her she caused the problem herself. It is a possibility. But not ALL problems are created by the person. Some things just are. Genetics plays a large role and has nothing whatsoever to do with some type of psychological analysis. Lifestyle, exposure to toxins, heck, even overexercise can contribute to this type of problem.

• Like 4

So, here it sounds like you want to segregate/compartmentalize/separate from your femininity & personal emotions. And you want to neuter yourself and become androgynous, more or less.

So, isn't that precisely what you're getting faced with now? Getting neutered? Spayed like a cat?

Careful what you wish for... :D

In a way I suppose. It bothers me so badly that I have to feel like they must be separate, but it is just how it is. People don't take a female seriously. I tell people I want to be a combat engineer and they laugh at me, tell me to go admin. But I think the female tendencies are more manly than the male ones.

I seem to have a different opinion than many of the posters here. It also seems this thread is tied in with the "manifesting" thread.

Sure, emotions can cause illness. How we perceive ourselves, how we empower negative aspects or fight against a natural aspect of ourselves. But it appears most of you that are posting seem to feel that this person's illness is all her own fault and is definitely a manifestation she caused due to her emotions.

In general, I disagree.

Many times these type of conditions are strictly hereditary. And if there is an actual physician on this board, as compared to armchair psychologists, I am sure he/she would agree.

I don't know what is causing her problem. But it seems to me the lady is being picked on unnecessarily.

They said that it came from nowhere there was no cause, no low estrogen, nothing. It just popped up. It could be hereditary I suppose, my mom did have one but she had low estrogen from medicine they were giving her.

Here's a completely different answer to the OP.

The ovaries and the eyes have a direct energetic relationship.

The issue with your right ovary is coming from your left eye and is a karmic issue.

It is the karma of blinding others, now cleared from your spirit.

And while we're at it, let's just clear all of the experiences of traumatizing others; that was especially weak for your ancestors.

I am sorry but this confused me. Could you explain more?

• Like 1

Yes, we can say that everything is a self-realization thing, if we have the eyes to see the big picture. Until one has gone in and cleared out the Inner self, we will always be looking with contorted eyes.

The wu-wei that is often talked about is more than we usually discuss on these threads. The circumstances are the very things that we manage to create, somehow. It's easy to say Yes, this caused this, and that caused that. But who is really the Big Causer? It is us.

If we throw this all together and wrap it up in quantum physics, we would see that it's all here and now, that the passage of time is an illusion. Yesterdays causations are actually today's causation and tomorrow's causation. It's all here now. When we look at the 'circumstances' that caused something, it's best to look at it without Time being in the equation. Forget Time. Look at the whole circumstance as a whole, and the part you played in it. Then and only then can we develop the eyes of the Sage. The eyes aren't developed by learning a new martial art form or wishing for the Eyes. It takes real inner work, and one good measure of how much inner work needs to be done is the size of the ego.

• Like 1

I seem to have a different opinion than many of the posters here. It also seems this thread is tied in with the "manifesting" thread.

Sure, emotions can cause illness. How we perceive ourselves, how we empower negative aspects or fight against a natural aspect of ourselves. But it appears most of you that are posting seem to feel that this person's illness is all her own fault and is definitely a manifestation she caused due to her emotions.

In general, I disagree.

Many times these type of conditions are strictly hereditary. And if there is an actual physician on this board, as compared to armchair psychologists, I am sure he/she would agree.

I don't know what is causing her problem. But it seems to me the lady is being picked on unnecessarily.

This.

And the point of the 'you are manifesting' stuff is an attempt to take responsibility for your sicknesses and where you are in life, rather than being a victim, which some people get into.

Some of it is valid, some not so much.

But a balance of, healing yourself, and living well (manifesting).

John

My point is that medically, there are all sorts of probable causes of this lady's problems and for the most part all I have seen here is people trying to tell her she caused the problem herself. It is a possibility. But not ALL problems are created by the person. Some things just are. Genetics plays a large role and has nothing whatsoever to do with some type of psychological analysis. Lifestyle, exposure to toxins, heck, even overexercise can contribute to this type of problem.

There is a difference between fault finding and calling for responsibility. The goal in fault-finding is to spank the faulty person, usually as a sort of scape goat, so as to avoid dealing with the real issue.

Responsibility is about asking the person to stop ignoring some aspect of the situation and to deal with it. This might simply involve becoming conscious of the ignored aspect and doing nothing about it. Dealing with the no longer ignored aspect can mean conscious action or conscious and aware inaction.

So for example, if I go along the street and someone pilfers my wallet, that's not my fault. But it is my responsibility to some extent to deal with what happened to me and my wallet. Perhaps that's not fair, but that's how life is sometimes. Things become our responsibility whether we like it or not, often through no fault of our own. In some imaginary ideal world things that are not my fault would not become my responsibility to any extent.

And finally there are two ways to call for responsibility. One is a selfish and one is compassionate. The selfish way is to lump 100% of responsibility on the person in question. That's a selfish way. This way you feel like you yourself are off the hook, and the troubled person has to pick up 100% of the slack. Compassionate way instead of lumping responsibility shares it or distributes it. So the troubled person picks up say 50% of responsibility, and those who are helping pick up the other 50% of responsibility. This means no one is ever off the hook. We are all in the situation together. We are not abandoning the person even while we call for personal responsibility.

Sadly people who call for personal responsibility are often selfish pricks in reality and they just want to shift 100% of the burden onto the victim. However, not everyone who calls for personal responsibility does it as a 100% lump. Some of us do it as a fair distribution instead of a lump, without letting ourselves completely off the hook.

Just my 2c.

Edited by goldisheavy
  • Like 2

Probably not going to be a cure-all, but two herbs you could pick up to make tea with would be Plantain leaves and Marigold/Calendula.

Plantain relieves infection, inflammation, and congestion in all parts of the body. It detoxifies tissues, dries, cools, and cleans passages, which is why it is also used to relieve prostate enlargement. It's also antiseptic and astringent, and diuretic.

Marigold/Calendula (don't use if you take blood pressure pharamas, as it also helps circulation) is very good for the ovaries, especially if you are coming up to menopause as it has estrogenic properties that ease the transition of estrogen production moving from the ovaries to the adrenal glands. It is also anti-inflammatory. It's used for fighting pelvic, stomach lining, and bowel infections.

You could sweeten the tea with fresh raw ginger.

Best would be to find a herbal store that sells these in bulk organic.

Just wanted to say you might also want to add red clover (estrogenic and infection fighting) and rasberry leaves (vitamins/minerals, and stengthens and tones lower body organs + kidneys and urinary tract) to the tea. I suggest talking to a herbalist first, just as a disclaimer, but these herbs are very benign and the only issue might be if you are taking other medications or have allergies. They would also be able to give a better dosage recommendation to make it work better and faster, but once or twice a day should be alright.

If nothing else was working, consider this. This combination helps the ovaries, reduces inflammation, and dries up nasty stuff -- all things you want to do right now. At least if the inflammation and fluid is reduced you might have time to see if they will get better before they need to be removed. It's recommended to pray/intend when you prepare herbs at least to help the body become receptive to the medicine. Using the tea can also help to focus the "intentions" while you're drinking it.

edit: oh, and you have to let herbs steep for 20 minutes to get their medicinal effects.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

In a way I suppose. It bothers me so badly that I have to feel like they must be separate, but it is just how it is. People don't take a female seriously. I tell people I want to be a combat engineer and they laugh at me, tell me to go admin. But I think the female tendencies are more manly than the male ones.
To continue with this "fractal psychology," these people are merely echoing your own inner beliefs.

You don't take a female seriously. You yourself believe they are on the copout, looser, less successful, no ambition side of life. So, by joining the USMC, you are attempting to psychologically neuter yourself and transform from a girl to a "genderless Marine." You are fighting hard to transform your body to match your men-tality and become a "combat engineer" to literally go to war with your feminine nature. That is also a fractal projection of your masculine side preparing its final assault in your lifelong battle against your feminine side. Which is now pleading out in desperate pain as a last-ditch effort for attention & acceptance!

I think I have always been hidden the girly parts of me. It isn't that I reject them. I love being female. I just think that I have a problem with outwardly sharing my femininity because it's like a cop out. All the women in my life who act "girly" are on the looser, less successful, no ambition side of life. In the USMC you aren't a girl, you are just a Marine and you are expected to be a Marine not a girl. I think I am joining because it's the ultimate way to separate my femininity from my outward life. Writing this down kind of sounds silly, haha.

Its not that I see femininity as weak or incompatible with strength but that it is attached with personal emotional things for me. Things I would rather keep to myself. I don't want to be expected to be a "girl" all of the time because it isn't me.

I have had a lot of stress when it comes to my body. I have been adjusting and pushing my body hard to get to the place I want to be. Poolee functions are competitive. Recruiters want their recruits to be the best. Us recruits push hard to exceed our goals. But I don't think it is unhealthy or stressful. I used to hate my body but I think I am more or less over that.

Your first mistake is in subconsciously associating femininity with all these traits that you wish to avoid.

Belief: Being girly is synonymous with being a copout, less successful loser with no ambition. Therefore, if I want to not be any of those things...then I must not be "girly" (since they are all synonymous).

Fact: FALSE. If you want to be a successful, ambitious winner in life with no copouts...and girly - then be one. Ultimately all those qualities are independent of each other. Being girly doesn't automatically make you unsuccessful anymore than not being girly makes you successful. I'm sure you can find examples of both.. Not to mention, plenty of slacker guys who are also copout losers with no ambition, etc.. (thus proving it's not just a "girly" thing)

Also again, what is your ultimate goal in life? If it's love or to be happy...then you can also be a copout, less successful loser with no ambition...yet still be happy & full of love. And by the same token, you could also be a successful, girly, ambitious winner in life with no copouts - yet ultimately unhappy with no love. Or any combination thereof, really. Again, all actually independent variables.

Look, we are passing through an era of identity/gender confusion within the interests of "equalizing" power distribution. That's why every activist movement is aimed at artificially empowering & equalizing (power) based upon differences that are...ironically also denied to exist. This is not necessarily all bad, but you can see how it is causing a lot of confusing identity/power (which are also confusingly conflated) struggles - within and out. And one must also consider that its ultimate aim of power - is NOT synonymous with love or happiness, either! So, be aware of how your chosen metric also subconsciously defines your goal. If you measure yourself in terms of power...then you are also subconsciously defnining power as your prioritized goal in life.

For example, some people were surprised that a recent study claimed that women are less happy now than before feminism. Now, there could be many explanations for that...but for the sake of argument, it would be no surprise because feminism never promised happiness - only power. And while many may associate the 2 subconsciously...they are not! Not even for men who really get judged by their power as alpha/beta males...much less so for women (who don't)!

Now, by the same token, power can also coexist with love, etc. So you can still do whatever it is you want to do - it's just a matter of how healthy your intentions are for doing so. IOW, becoming a Marine as your whole self without having to eviscerate your "girly" side wouldn't present a problem. The problem here is not becoming a Marine...but negating your feminine side. Of which what you really want to eliminate is "loser, bad seed" traits that perhaps got unfairly scapegoated on your feminine side?

So, maybe you've been barking up the wrong trees here??

Anyhow, I could write a lot more on all this (later) - but my main advice right here is to start untangling all these false, subconscious associations that are creating false "mutually-exclusive" dilemnas for you. And also really examine your goals in life, similarly. Often we subconsciously confuse the supposed means to an end with the end itself. For example, many of us believe we want power...when what we really want power for is as a means to love. So, we don't really want pow!-er...but LOVE. Yet if we only keep chasing power...we will actually never get true love. So it is VERY IMPORTANT to really straighten out what you are actually subconsciously wanting and doing in life!!!

Always chase the END, not the "MEANS"!!!

Also, there is nothing mutually-exclusive about using "fractal psychology" here along with all the other methods suggested in this thread. Every bit can help on different levels. :)

Another healing treatment I might suggest is LED light therapy...

Anyhow, thanks for your "girly" sharing here! Sorry if I come out harsh, but I really am just trying to root out some possible underlying issues here for you. And I could easily be wrong. But hopefully it helps you out some, I know it has me some too! :lol:

Edited by vortex

Love and women who are attracted to male occupations. Volumes could be written on this.

The whole time I was in a 'masculine' occupation, it was just as Vortex said. But I didn't know it at the time. I thought I was just fine, I took the fact that women were taken less seriously as a challenge, and I seemingly did pretty well. That is, until the complete and total emotional breakdown. I thought at the time that it was 'just' because I was working a horrible homicide of a little girl; yet, years down the road, I saw that what stemmed from the breakdown was a chance to get down to the fact that I hated my femaleness; I had spent all my life trying to prove to Dad that I was his son. I didn't know it at the time. I found out later.

But what I did manifest during those years on the Department was a horrible endometryosis condition that resulted in my female innards being totally removed. At this point in my life with the current understanding I do have, no one can tell me that this is just something that 'happened to me'. It was because I wasn't a boy and I was chronically trying to prove otherwise, but didn't know it. My ovaries got the message.

As for relationships when the female identity is ignored? Wham, bam, thank you Sir. I tried to make things last but the dynamics weren't there yet. I went through men like Kleenex. Now I realize, in this relationship of nearly 30 years, that what I was missing was the ability to surrender to a male at any level; particularly sexual. That is only able to happen when the female identity within ourselves is truly loved. There is an emotional element of surrender that I was never able to achieve until now. But it took coming to grips with the fact that I wasn't able to love myself for the above listed reasons. Until we're capable of loving ourselves (which is the very hardest person to love, I think!) we don't really have it to give to anybody else.

Makyea, I know that this won't resonate with you because it sounds like you're at the beginning of your career; you're still talking about PT, as if in boot camp, or in my case, an academy. Same difference; I've been through both. If there were anything I would suggest to you at this point in time, it would be to get a picture of yourself as a baby or young girl; honor the picture, frame it nicely, put it next to your bed. Talk to this child every time you think of it. Tell her you love her. It will help keep your female identity soft. If you pay no attention to the female within you will have a day of reckoning down the road. I guarantee it. It usually happens around the 15 year 'burnout' mark.

Very best wishes to you--

Barb

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

I saw that what stemmed from the breakdown was a chance to get down to the fact that I hated my femaleness; I had spent all my life trying to prove to Dad that I was his son.
Exactly! IOW...what you really sought was not emPOWER-MEN-t...but LOVE. Love from your Dad...and ultimately self-love.

But instead, you got lost chasing around various hopeful "means" like feminist empowerment and your Dad's (symbolizing your masculine aspect's) love...which again were only red herring MEANS, but not any END in themselves.

So, why not just skip the supposed means altogether and go straight to the END, folks??? You could save yourself a lifetime of heartache!

But what I did manifest during those years on the Department was a horrible endometryosis condition that resulted in my female innards being totally removed. At this point in my life with the current understanding I do have, no one can tell me that this is just something that 'happened to me'. It was because I wasn't a boy and I was chronically trying to prove otherwise, but didn't know it. My ovaries got the message.
A relative of mine is also your classic "strong-angry-feminist-woman-hear-me-roar." But recently, she's had a breakdown due to infertility problems (ovarian failure). Well, I meditated on her situation and got the word, "animosity."

I looked this up and found the root word "animus" - which C. G. Jung defined as "an inner masculine part of the female personality"...

So as I veered off on in my previous post, what you & Makyea are going through is not unique - it is a widespread byproduct of this whole "identity crisis" era (of which feminism is a branch). And I am not trying to directly combat feminism here anymore btw - but transcend this whole conflated power struggle.

"You just got a bad seed, best thing to do is remove it so you don't overwork the soil"
This oddly-worded remark keeps making me suspect there might be a generational aspect to this problem - as with man:I-to-u. I wonder if Makyea's mom (or dad) was (or felt like) a "bad seed" in some relevant sense? Perhaps because either one of them was a poor parent or perhaps delivered a girl instead of a desired boy? Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

Makyea,

In my clinic I have successfully seen probably between 200 - 300 women over a 30 year time period with these type of problems. I retired from clinic work this year, but if you truly want some help you can PM me and I may be able to suggest someone near you that can help. I encourage you to stay in contact with your physicians and even speak with them again concerning the why part of their proposed surgery. And get more than one opinion. As far as the pain goes there definitely exist actual therapeutics that can help. Good luck!

• Like 2

Could I respectfully suggest that we might make a collective call that if we don't actually know jack about healthcare and medicine, we avoid giving specific advice to someone about a given condition/set of symptoms?

Or if we're pondering the question, contemplating and offering personal opinion, be very very clear about the fact that that's what we're doing?

• Like 2

Makyea,

I have medical training in Chinese medicine and acupuncture and am part of an extensive network of practitioners in the holistic health field. If you are interested, I would be happy to connect you to individuals or clinics in your area that can assist you. You are welcome to private message me at: [email protected] and I will promptly reply.

I have not met Ya Mu, but his offer to refer you is generous and I have a good feeling about who he is. So, it seems fortunate he decided to reply to you about your medical concern and I wanted to express my support for him and for your wellness. If you haven't already contacted him, I feel quite certain he would also provide you with some wonderful leads similar to and also different than my own. This will help diversify your list of potential sources for assistance.

Best to you, Mila

• Like 1

Hello again everyone!

I seem to always come here with more and more 'uncurable' health problems, haha. Well here goes:

I was getting some bad pain in my right hip area. I went to the hospital as they progress thinking it was an appendix. They did tests because I am a woman and as my doctor said "Ladies just have so many dang parts." So after doing that they discovered about 2 cups of fluid flowing around my right ovary. They said there was nothing they could do but let my body reabsorb the liquid. So they prescribed a antibiotic to prevent infect and Vicodin. After doing ultrasounds and ct scans they said it went away. But lately again when I run, sit in a car, go to PT or a USMC Poolee Function I am in extreme pain. I went in a again and they said my right ovary has another cyst and that most women would go along with surgery to take the ovary out. My doctor seriously said "You just got a bad seed, best thing to do is remove it so you don't overwork the soil" I refuse to get rid of it for a very silly reason(they think so anyway) I just feel like I am less of a women and am losing a strong and important piece of myself. I was wondering what all of you(because you guys know loads more than I about this kind of thing) think. Is there some way to treat such a reoccurring issue? Could there be an imbalance? Is finding some way to deal with the pain instead of removing it? Any of your opinions about any of it.

Hello Makyea,

I am speaking as an RN for over 20 years and having a basic certification in Medical qigong after about a year's study.

Some good things here and not so good. I think some of the info from like GIH is good. He really nailed it as far as covering a lot of the physical basis.

I think Ya Mu would be good to consult with but I suggest do it off the thread. Overall, TTBs is not a therapeutic environment. Internet advice is well, internet advice.

Having said that I will suggest this site: http://www.womentowomen.com/

It is run by traditional female health practitioners from nurse practitioners to medical doctors who use complementary medicine.

I have been following them for a couple of years and I find them conservative and practicing evidence based medicine which specializes in female issues.

Speaking from professional experience get the physical stuff taken care of first. There is no shame in taking pain meds if you are suffering as a stop gap measure.

The professional medical advice you are getting seems uninformed in the female psyche. Ask your docs if they would cut off a testicle just to get rid of a problem. Ask them to give you referenced med literature if they pull out the "Most women get rid of it," advice. That is not true. That just may be the medical culture there. That varies from hospital to hospital and even state to state.

That's a very 50s way of looking at something and shows the docs do not understand that an ovary is more "than a seed." At the very least it's a place where eggs mature. You are not a field waiting to be farmed. Body parts are not just body parts. That's a very mechanistic and archaic way to look at your body. Show no real awareness of the beauty of the physiology of a woman's body or her psyche.

Do you know when a woman can't carry a baby to term it is because she has what is called an "incompetent uterus"? At least the docs I know preface that with "this is a horrible way to call a condition and..."

It sounds like you feel very saddened to expect to lose a very female part of the body.

I am sorry your experience has been so poor with the medical profession. Not all docs are like that by a long shot. Are you limited into who you can go to for health care?

As has been brought up you might have PCOS or some other endocrine syndrome. There are so many things possible here and it could be bunch of little things that add up to one huge effect. If it's an endocrine thing going on that's pretty tricky to work with cause there are hormonal feedback loops and such.

Personally, I don't think you have been able to explore the medical options that are available to you. I am not an expert in gynecology so I cant be much help to you but I do believe the link I gave above is genuinely helpful

Traditional chinese medicine and medical qigong can be very helpful but as with regular medicine it's all about the skill and knowledge of the practitioner. With the TCM and MQ you will definately get into the energetics of what is happening and this will help you unravel some of the deeper mysteries of this condition naturally. As you get worked on by these kind of professionals awareness and insight will arise into your condition naturally and usually gently.

Please pm me if you wish to talk further about it.

Blessings,

Susan

• Like 1

If there were anything I would suggest to you at this point in time, it would be to get a picture of yourself as a baby or young girl; honor the picture, frame it nicely, put it next to your bed. Talk to this child every time you think of it. Tell her you love her. It will help keep your female identity soft. If you pay no attention to the female within you will have a day of reckoning down the road. I guarantee it. It usually happens around the 15 year 'burnout' mark.

+1,000 what a great idea, remember the child within. I just called my mum as she keeps the old photo albums :D

Could I respectfully suggest that we might make a collective call that if we don't actually know jack about healthcare and medicine, we avoid giving specific advice to someone about a given condition/set of symptoms?

Or if we're pondering the question, contemplating and offering personal opinion, be very very clear about the fact that that's what we're doing?

You're very right - but the lady did ask.