Sign in to follow this  
ralis

End of the world is May 21st.

Apocalyptic art to enjoy the end of the world with.

slide_26083_281547_large.jpg?1305987178944

slide_26083_281550_large.jpg?1305987440618

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

oMG its today!

I know rite, its like OMFG!! like make sandwiches, NOW!!! like wheres the freakin tupperware when you need it.

Apocalyptic art to enjoy the end of the world with.

Nice picks there, Ralis. I always enjoyed the haunting beauty of Europe After the Rain.

748bg.jpg

• Like 1

Oh My God!!! It's happening!!!!

Everywhere, chaos!

Screaming, crying, some folks are flying up into heaven in a beautiful blue light.

Others are tearing their hair and clothes.

Children being torn from their parents' breasts!!!

It's horrib.... wait a minute, they're taking me.

All I see is a blinding, beautiful light and I'm floating up and my clothes are falling away and I see something far in the distance.

It's Jesus, wait a minute, someone is sitting next to him, it's Gautama Buddha!! And there's Laozi and Moses and Mohammed!!!

And there are virgins everywhere!

And harps and angels.

This is way cool guys.

See ya around.

Oh My God!!! It's happening!!!!

Everywhere, chaos!

Screaming, crying, some folks are flying up into heaven in a beautiful blue light.

Others are tearing their hair and clothes.

Children being torn from their parents' breasts!!!

It's horrib.... wait a minute, they're taking me.

All I see is a blinding, beautiful light and I'm floating up and my clothes are falling away and I see something far in the distance.

It's Jesus, wait a minute, someone is sitting next to him, it's Gautama Buddha!! And there's Laozi and Moses and Mohammed!!!

And there are virgins everywhere!

And harps and angels.

This is way cool guys.

See ya around.

This was believable until you got to the bit about virgins. Come on we're not stupid!

Is there a lesson for us, in here somewhere? I hope so.

The followers of the good Reverend claimed that they could see the impending rapture, because they had some "special vantage point" from which they were able to view the true workings of the universe. Of course, they turned out to be a bunch of loonies, who talked themselves into believing they were on the inside track to truth.

How different is it when a Taoist or Buddhist claims some special vantage point, from which they can see the true workings of the universe? Are these Xtians to be ridiculed, but our own self-proclaimed enlightened Bums are seen as authorities?

Edited by Otis

Are these Xtians to be ridiculed, but our own self-proclaimed enlightened Bums are seen as authorities?

Yes.

Kidding; good point. Willful ignorance is a problem, though. There was a family with a 2 year old daughter and another kid on the way who sold all their possessions because of this fiasco.

Edited by Nanashi

Yes.

Kidding; good point. Willful ignorance is a problem, though.

What do you mean, in this context, by "willful ignorance"?

I mean, I was willfully ignorant about the reasoning behind the May 21st end date, even though it could have been the most important thing to know. I saw it as silly, and so didn't bother, but that was certainly "willful ignorance".

Being willfully ignorant of reality has caused destruction upon otherwise decent peoples' lives.

Mozart's The Magic Flute. Good piece of the soundtrack for an End of Days event.

Doomsday predictor Howard Camping falls silent.

Oh my, if he fell silent it can only mean ONE THING!!

HE WAS RIGHT.

I'm hoping with all the righteous gone, it'll be a lot more fun around here. :)

Is there a lesson for us, in here somewhere? I hope so.

The followers of the good Reverend claimed that they could see the impending rapture, because they had some "special vantage point" from which they were able to view the true workings of the universe. Of course, they turned out to be a bunch of loonies, who talked themselves into believing they were on the inside track to truth.

How different is it when a Taoist or Buddhist claims some special vantage point, from which they can see the true workings of the universe? Are these Xtians to be ridiculed, but our own self-proclaimed enlightened Bums are seen as authorities?

No question, it cuts both ways.

Buddha addressed this - look at everything he said and his followers said as critically as possible.

If it doesn't stand up to scrutiny, throw it out!

Edit - I can't spell

Edited by steve f
  • Like 1

Oh my, if he fell silent it can only mean ONE THING!!

HE WAS RIGHT.

I'm hoping with all the righteous gone, it'll be a lot more fun around here. :)

And a lot more "Christian!"

That is, less intolerance, less gay-bashing, less judgmental.

These moron fundamentalists are anathema to everything true Christian doctrine teaches (love, acceptance, tolerance, being non-judgemental). Perhaps the Rapture is a win-win: these losers get to leave earth for a better place and we get to live without their insecurity, intolerance, and hatred, allowing us to live in a better place. Good f-ing riddance!

It's started in Taiwan!

Watch to the end.

;)

Sorry, can't seem to get the file to embed properly

Edited by steve f

It's started in Taiwan!

Watch to the end.

;)

Sorry, can't seem to get the file to embed properly

This is brilliant. Thank you! :)

What a fantastic guitar! He even tried to get a little psychedelic on us. Hehehe. (He does so much better with the Blues format.)

Pain & sorrow? Well, sure, I have pain. Yey!, I am an old man. But no sorrow. I ain't got time in my life for that.

I'm listening the The Kinks today. "Superman" just finished playing.

He is amazing and yes, his blues style is second to none. Kick ass stuff.

Sign in to follow this