bodyoflight

The answer lies in the India/Nepal/Tibet Himalaya Regions afterall.. and definitely NOT in china/taiwan..

How many chinese or taiwanese masters can meditate for 6 days without food or water? Let alone 6 months or 6 years?

None I have seen so far..

Why da hell did I waste so much time in China and Taiwan?

No Chinese master will ever go as high as the Tibetan/Indian yogis..

And for those of you who claim that meditating for such a long time without food or water gives you nothing which can help you in life..

let me tell you a fact about spirituality..

only masters who have achieved much spiritual progress can go without food and water for long periods of time.. and i have not yet seen one single chinese master who achieve such similar feats..

hell, chinese masters can't even go without sex for long periods of time.. let alone food or water..

taoist practitioners are too driven by the baser animal impulses of life in order to achieve too much progress in spirituality!

just look at the number of sex-driven posts in this forum!

• Like 1

The answer does not lie in one region or another.

The answer does not lie in a guru or master.

The answer lies in you, right where you are, right now.

• Like 5

I understand now..

true spiritual progress can only be achieved by rejecting everything.. i mean everything about the mundane world..

and if it means foregoing food and water in your meditations, then so be it!..

this is only a goal which the highest spiritual practitioners can aspire to..

and I am sure not too many lay practitioners can follow in the highest masters' paths..

foregoing sex..

foregoing food and water..

how many of you can let go of the mundane world in your search for the true reality, the true nature of the universe?

I have heard said the middle way is the most harmonious, which seems to be the case in my life

The answer does not lie in one region or another.

The answer does not lie in a guru or master.

The answer lies in you, right where you are, right now.

No, the answer lies in how much you are willing to sacrifice in order to reach enlightenment..

the lord buddha is willing to sacrifice his family and an entire kingdom worth of riches in order to seek enlightenment...

how much are you guys willing to sacrifice in order to reach the ultimate goal?

no the answer does not lie in which religions are better or worse..

the answer lies in how many how much are spiritual practitioners willing to sacrifice in their search for enlightenment..

i am sure in the past, there were some taoist masters who rejected the mundane world in favour of the spiritual..

too many taoist masters were offered imperial advisor posts by chinese emperors of the past and these taoist masters rejected all wealth and fame because they already found what they need in their enlightenment!

unfortunately, modern taoist and other spiritual masters in taiwan and china stressed too much on the mundane world and not enough on the spiritual..

what a damn pity!

Edited by bodyoflight
  • Like 1

Not to be a sour pus, but check this out.

http://buddhism.about.com/b/2010/08/03/buddha-boy-bahadur-bomjan-batterer.htm

The so-called "Buddha Boy" of Nepal is under investigation for assaulting 17 local villagers who disturbed him while he was meditating. One report says Rom Bomjan and his attendants locked the villagers in a small room and kept them there overnight. Several of the alleged assaultees required medical attention.

News stories say Ram Bomjan admits he and some of his attendants had assaulted the villagers, slapping them around and beating them with sticks. His story is that they climbed onto his meditation platform and mimicked him. "I was therefore forced to beat them," he allegedly said.

According to Republica, Ram Bomjan also said "I took minor action against them after taking them under control when they came to disrupt my meditation. I let them go after they apologized." However, the villagers say they were beaten relentlessly even after they apologized. One man had a head injury that he said resulted from being hit with an axe handle.

The villagers, who said they were just foraging for fruits and vegetables before they were assaulted, have filed formal complaints with the police. But news stories say the Buddha Boy has let it be known he cannot be bothered to attend a court hearing.

Let us remember that people are innocent until proven guilty. But I did get a kick from comments by Todd Hartley in the Aspen Times, who notes that Ram Bomjan claims to have been fasting since 2005. "I know if I go more than about a half-hour without eating, I start to get cranky. If I somehow went five years without a snack, it's pretty much a given that I'd want to pummel somebody. Chances are most of you would, too," Hartley said.

Time for a snack, I say.

• Like 1

I have heard said the middle way is the most harmonious, which seems to be the case in my life

when you have reached enlightenment, you can assume the middle way..

when you have not even graduated from primary school, do you think you have the right the time the luxury to keep hanging around in primary school?

don't be naive!

Not to be a sour pus, but check this out.

http://buddhism.about.com/b/2010/08/03/buddha-boy-bahadur-bomjan-batterer.htm

The so-called "Buddha Boy" of Nepal is under investigation for assaulting 17 local villagers who disturbed him while he was meditating. One report says Rom Bomjan and his attendants locked the villagers in a small room and kept them there overnight. Several of the alleged assaultees required medical attention.

News stories say Ram Bomjan admits he and some of his attendants had assaulted the villagers, slapping them around and beating them with sticks. His story is that they climbed onto his meditation platform and mimicked him. "I was therefore forced to beat them," he allegedly said.

According to Republica, Ram Bomjan also said "I took minor action against them after taking them under control when they came to disrupt my meditation. I let them go after they apologized." However, the villagers say they were beaten relentlessly even after they apologized. One man had a head injury that he said resulted from being hit with an axe handle.

The villagers, who said they were just foraging for fruits and vegetables before they were assaulted, have filed formal complaints with the police. But news stories say the Buddha Boy has let it be known he cannot be bothered to attend a court hearing.

Let us remember that people are innocent until proven guilty. But I did get a kick from comments by Todd Hartley in the Aspen Times, who notes that Ram Bomjan claims to have been fasting since 2005. "I know if I go more than about a half-hour without eating, I start to get cranky. If I somehow went five years without a snack, it's pretty much a given that I'd want to pummel somebody. Chances are most of you would, too," Hartley said.

Time for a snack, I say.

hey no one is perfect.. i am not glorifying this buddha boy for being a perfect human being..

but you can't deny the fact that he has achieved 6 years worth of mediation without food and water..

and for those of you who need concrete proof.. judging from the videos, he has survived at least 4 days worth of mediation without food and water..

how many in this forum can even survive for 2 days without water?

this 20 year old boy has achieved much more in his spiritual work than any of you in here.. and this boy is only 20 years old compared to how many old men and women in here?

why is he able to achieve so much at such a young age?

the reason is simple..

he has given up everything in his search for enlightenment..

everything..

now all of you just go meditate for 4 days without food and water before getting back to me..

Edited by bodyoflight

I don't know. It isn't proof in my opinion, and I do not know that he is buddha.

The camera's were at a pretty far distance with a lot of strings attached to them filming, which they had to agree to get any footage at all.

I have seen more documented and realistic instances of people going without food and water for long periods without being claimed they are buddha reincarnate.

The evidence presented is pretty bland tbh, imo.

jeez my bed room light has been flickering on and off for the last few minutes before blowing out..

i guess i must be saying the right thing..

the lights around me have always flickered on and off before whenever i say some deep spiritual truths..

but this is the first time a light bulb has blown..

Edited by bodyoflight

How many chinese or taiwanese masters can meditate for 6 days without food or water? Let alone 6 months or 6 years?

None I have seen so far..

Why da hell did I waste so much time in China and Taiwan?

May I ask: What is your intention with this topic? This is like the fourth topic in the same vain that you start. Are you trying to help people? Or spill your bitterness on this forum (one topic would be enough)?

No Chinese master will ever go as high as the Tibetan/Indian yogis..

Fair enough, if by that you mean that the Himalayan mountains are the tallest in the world!

Mandrake

I don't know. It isn't proof in my opinion, and I do not know that he is buddha.

The camera's were at a pretty far distance with a lot of strings attached to them filming, which they had to agree to get any footage at all.

I have seen more documented and realistic instances of people going without food and water for long periods without being claimed they are buddha reincarnate.

The evidence presented is pretty bland tbh, imo.

buddha boy isn't the first case of inedia..

there are many other cases too and all of them from india..

go do your own research..

anyway.. you can deconstruct the evidence to your liking..

i am moving to india/nepal/himalayas at the earliest opportunity!

May I ask: What is your intention with this topic? This is like the fourth topic in the same vain that you start. Are you trying to help people? Or spill your bitterness on this forum (one topic would be enough)?

Fair enough, if by that you mean that the Himalayan mountains are the tallest in the world!

Mandrake

4th topic in what vein?

I have been doing lots of research and I like to share my findings with others.

What's wrong with that?

I think you misread what I typed, please read it again!

Have a safe journey and I hope you find a good teacher! :)

Where do you live at? There are yogis all over, I am sure they could instruct you of the basic teachings before making a long and expensive journey to find a master.

As you already know, there is no garuntee that you will find a master to teach you. Especially probably not the basics or the culture.

when you have reached enlightenment, you can assume the middle way..

When you have reached enlightenment I will trust your judgement on this matter, until then you are just wandering around in the dark and could be going in completely the wrong direction

I have been doing lots of research and I like to share my findings with others.

Yes youtube is amazing, isn't it?

the lights around me have always flickered on and off before whenever i say some deep spiritual truths..

but this is the first time a light bulb has blown..

Aah, now I see, I'm completely taken back by your awesome research methods!!

Mandrake

• Like 2

When you have reached enlightenment I will trust your judgement on this matter, until then you are just wandering around in the dark and could be going in completely the wrong direction

Once you awaken you can begin to ponder enlightenment :P

how many of you can let go of the mundane world in your search for the true reality, the true nature of the universe?

Stop seeking and the whole universe will be yours.

Nothing to give up and nothing to attain.

Everything is here, right now, all you need.

You must stop this endless quest. It will drive you insane (if it hasn't already :lol: )

the lord buddha is willing to sacrifice his family and an entire kingdom worth of riches in order to seek enlightenment...

And he realized that asceticism and sacrifice were not the way for him.

Perhaps it is the correct path for you currently.

Nevertheless, Buddha recognized the error of that path for him and instead advocated the middle way.

And you are certainly welcome to flaunt that belief on this forum, as far as I'm concerned, if it helps you in some way to reinforce your courage and conviction.

Why are you so concerned with how many others share your belief?

• Like 1

here we go again. . . .

I have seen two such "masters" in China who lived without food and water for quite some time. One of my teachers has told me of two more, but I have not met them personally.

You have been to China, and the teachers refused you. That has nothing to do with the quality of instruction or enlightenment there. That has to do with who and where you are.

Good luck on your journey.

• Like 3

Well, guys like Ram Bomjan are special cases that came into the world "gifted." He's been training since childhood and proved to be a spiritual prodigy.

He's been filmed standing in a fire for over an hour.

Mosquitos and other wild animals don't seem to bother him at all.

Etc, etc.

Ram-front.JPG

In short, I think you have to be born to live a life like this. The average person probably cannot develop these abilities post-Heaven without the pre-Heaven potential, even if he trains heavily. Or most certainly not if he only starts in late adulthood. Even a wilderness expert couldn't survive a week doing what Ram Bomjan does.

• Like 1