Immortal4life

Major component of evolution theory proven wrong

Immortal,

The fallacy of this thread is that a major component of evolution has been overturned. I have yet to see any proof offered by you in this thread. Fundamentalists with no formal training in any of the hard sciences have some crusade to overturn decades of established science and to cut or reduce funding for ongoing research. Dinosaur and human footprints in the same riverbed and the grand canyon great unconformity are just two phenomenon that are used to justify a pseudo scientific approach. Linked here is one example.

http://www.christiananswers.net/creation/people/morris-h.html

Fundies (flat earth advocates) are attempting to rewrite school text books as in the case of the Texas state school board to allow revisionist history and intelligent design in the classroom. The changes are designed to create a class of goosestepping morons that have no capacity to think for themselves and will follow any right wing political agenda.

Have you read history and what such movements lead to? Inquisitions, holy wars, book burning and the Third Reich are historical events which are of major consequence in the evolution of this world. As of this moment I am part way through 'Rise and Fall of the Third Reich' by William L. Shirer. Why would I read this particular work? The consequences of a state and corporate alliance which created a ruling class and a slave class as in the case of the Weimar Republic are very similar to what is happening here in the U.S.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

An interesting idea, but just another theory invented in 1970 that in reality never applied to human beings.

What?

The idea that humans were once more like plants and bacteria and evolved through cells swallowing each other.

It's unfortunate that in America religion is being used for political reasons, to control the mental programming of people. However, no one here is advocating a Flat Earth or 6000 year old planet.

We should not allow any one belief system on any side to have a monopoly.

In the future perhaps I will examine the evil of the religions of the world as you mention, in addition to the evils that can come from science.

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 2

The scientific method (good science) has created technology for myriad applications. Automobiles, toasters, lights, computers, internet access, home heating, food production etc. Practical applications that you take for granted everyday.

All the above would not be possible without James Clerk Maxwell's work on electromagnetic fields.

Being a physicist and a former student of JCM I must say that people in general these days believe in radio waves and they don´t believe in Gods(lipsworks don´t count), they really believe they understand radio waves- but they never saw radio waves and have no clue what they really are except what is told from modern science who can not observe them either. People just see a specific effect in our dimension from the radio waves and hence believe in them and that they understand them.

People in general don´t understand or relate to higher dimensions(where Gods and other beings reside), although being scientifically and mathematically proven since a very long time.

People don´t even accept modern high-level science these days because it is too abstract for the masses. And modern science points to a myriad of other dimensions being real, present around us at all times and infinitely more powerful(the smaller building blocks in a specific dimension the higher radiation(energy)) than our dimension.

In fact the invisible(to us) beings living in those dimensions rule us like nothing since they have so much more energy and can pass through our bodies like nothing and they can control our thoughts(they are matter too according to modern science).

Evolution is a theory which was politically pushed by modern society and church on a large scale. As soon as people really start thinking for themselves they will easily refute it.

I don´t think I know a single physicist or mathematician who truly believe or argue for the evolution theory, no matter whether they are atheists or not.

Sure, there will be people with ulterior motives but the hard facts are just hard facts and genuine mathematicians/physicists really do understand logics and they can do calculus..

"Preposterous" is a good word talking about that ridiculous theory of evolution:

PS:

The Definition of "Science"

Most students do not fully grasp the relationship between "science" and God. The relationship is easy to explain: God is not welcome in science textbooks or in science classrooms. There is no room for God in science even if He exists. This is curious, because God does exist and He is many billions of times smarter than any scientist.

It is as if the scientific establishment doesn't want any competition from God by forcing science students to worship high ranking scientists.

Let us consider the definition of "science" as given in a small booklet published by the National Academy of Sciences.

"In science, explanations are limited to those based on observations and experiments that can be substantiated by other scientists. Explanations that cannot be based on empirical evidence are not part of science."

Science and Creationism1, Page 1

It sounds like a good definition, and in fact it is consistent with many other definitions of "science" which have been around for many decades.

But the main thing this definition is designed to do is exclude God from "science." Let us analyze the above definition.

First, note the term "limited" above. What that implies is that anything which is not overtly in the definition is excluded from consideration as being "science."

For example, if God creates something (like the Universe or human DNA), according to the above definition, it is not defined as "science" because it cannot be "substantiated by other scientists," nor can it be "observed" by scientists, nor can it be replicated with "experiments" in a lab by scientists. Nor are God's actions "empirical" (i.e. based on practical experience).

Thus there are five different ways that God is excluded from "science," by the above definition:

1) By "limiting" the definition of science exclusively to what is in the definition,

2) Because God's actions cannot be substantiated by other scientists,

3) Because God's actions cannot be observed by other scientists,

4) Because God's actions cannot be replicated by experiment by other scientists,

5) Because God's actions are not part of the practical experience of other scientists (i.e. empirical evidence).

Thus, the term science is "limited" to what scientists can do in a lab. The term "science" therefore means: "the absence of God."

However, this is a two-edged sword. Scientists cannot create a Universe in their lab, thus the Big Bang theory, meaning a theory that the Universe came to be by an accidental Big Bang, is not science, using their own definition of "science."

Scientists cannot create huge "black holes" in their labs. Thus, since they cannot replicate the Big Bang in their labs; a theory which includes an accidental Big Bang is not part of "science" either, by definition.

Thus, no theory of how the Universe came to be is technically "science" by the above definition because it is impossible to replicate the Big Bang in a science lab, whether it was accidental or carefully planned or there was some other mechanism.

However, as might be suspected, there is a double-standard in science.

The scientific establishment rejects the claim that God created the Universe via a highly controlled Big Bang, because it cannot be substantiated by scientists. However, the scientific establishment accepts the claim that random accidents created the Universe even though such random accidents cannot be replicated or substantiated by scientists.

In other words, the scientific establishment, using absolutely zero scientific evidence, considers a "Big Bang" created by a series of accidents to be "science," but a Big Bang initiated by God is considered "unscientific" and such a belief is not part of "science" and is not allowed in science classrooms.

Did you understand what was just said? If God created a controlled Big Bang, it is not "science." But if scientists have a ludicrous theory about how the Big Bang happened by a series of impossible accidents, even though they cannot replicate how this could have happened in their labs, or prove it could have happened; this theory is part of science.

Astronomers, to get published in official scientific publications, must explain the existence of the Universe without mentioning God. In other words, astronomers who believe God created the Universe are not allowed to voice the reasons for their views in "scientific publications" (i.e. literally translated via the above definition: "publications without God") because God is not a scientist.

Thus, the above definition of "science" is only designed to do one thing - exclude God from science. Other than being used to exclude God, the definition is largely ignored.

http://www.mathematicsofevolution.com/Mathematics_Of_Evolution.pdf

Edited by Gauss
  • Like 3

I think his anti-science agenda is an unconscious one that naturally stems from the absence of a formal background in hard science, which explains his inability to engage in written rapport with other members or share anything about his alleged academic career. I'm amazed that TTBums haven't gotten tired of it yet.

I know some think I should be raked over the coals for being such a meanie, but when the snake oil salesman comes to town, we have a right to speak up.

Actually I have agreed with him a couple of times when he has spoken of his beliefs from a symbolic POV. His core values are acceptable, IMO. It is the path and the journey that I question.

Evolution is a theory which was politically pushed by modern society and church on a large scale. As soon as people really start thinking for themselves they will easily refute it.

Correction: Evolution is a fact.

Edit to add:

Where is the "proof" that God is a "fact"?

Edited by Marblehead

I just found this while reading the morning news. The article is about an autistic boy who happens to be a math genius. One scientist believes this kid can overturn Einstein's work on relativity. There are several links here with many idiotic and uneducated remarks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/28/jacob-barnett-12-year-old_n_841577.html

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/a-beautiful-mind-12-year-old-boy-genius-sets-out-to-disprove-big-bang/

Correction: Evolution is a fact.

Well, that is your fact, not mine and "it" definitely has nothing to do with scientific theories as has been shown here.

Maths tell truth. Biologists, archaelogists etc have "opinions" but maths show you real numbers. The numbers show us evolution is a preposterous theory.

PS: I am confident the "Lunar society" was a(the fact is that Darwin Sr founded it) secret jesuit organization, their usual way of working behind the scenes.

"Coincidentally" the Jesuits made sure every Lunar crater was named after Jesuits. Wasn´t that to honor the Darwin family and the Lunar Society for their past "services" to the atheist Jesuit society?.. History is quite interesting indeed.

Edited by Gauss
  • Like 1

Well, that is your fact, not mine and "it" definitely has nothing to do with scientific theories as has been shown here.

Maths tell truth. Biologists, archaelogists etc have "opinions" but maths show you real numbers. The numbers show us evolution is a preposterous theory.

PS: I am confident the "Lunar society" was a(the fact is that Darwin Sr founded it) secret jesuit organization, their usual way of working behind the scenes.

"Coincidentally" the Jesuits made sure every Lunar crater was named after Jesuits. Wasn´t that to honor the Darwin family and the Lunar Society for their past "services" to the atheist Jesuit society?.. History is quite interesting indeed.

You are incorrect that every crater was named after Jesuits. Jack Parsons had a crater named after him. Only 35 are named after Jesuit scientists. Where in the hell do you get these ideas? To claim all are is misrepresenting the facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsons_%28crater%29

Edited by ralis

One unfortunate side effect of having to put up with superstitious cult members and would-be Revolutionaries of Reigning Paradigm (who never made it past high school) is that for every one of them posting in TTB there are perhaps dozens of truly bright and credentialed souls with a sincere interest in Taoism, and they come in here looking for likeminded folk and find people living in the Stone Age and it's "Hasta la vista, baby!"

You are incorrect that every crater was named after Jesuits. Jack Parsons had a crater named after him. Only 35 are named after Jesuit scientists. Where in the hell do you get these ideas? To claim all are is misrepresenting the facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsons_%28crater%29

Sorry, my mistake, I sincerely apologize.

I quote:

http://www.faculty.fairfield.edu/jmac/sj/scientists/lunacrat.htm

"When astronauts in our lunar orbiter described the rough terrain beneath them they had to use Jesuit names."

35 moon craters named after Jesuits are still a "mystery" to the world..

I believe the Darwin family, our old Darwins(both Sr and Jr) are deemed one of the most important jesuits in the history to influence the masses to become atheists.

The catholic church can not even publicly conceal their joy anymore concerning evolutionism(and hence atheism), and I believe these lunar jesuit craters are just their way of telling the world what they did to the people of this world.

Quotes about Jesuits:

http://letsrollforums.com/jesuit-quotes-citations-t14412.html

"My history of the Jesuits is not eloquently written, but it is supported by unquestionable authorities, [and] is very particular and very horrible. Their [the Jesuit Order’s] restoration [in 1814 by Pope Pius VII] is indeed a step toward darkness, cruelty, despotism, [and] death. … I do not like the appearance of the Jesuits. If ever there was a body of men who merited eternal damnation on earth and in hell, it is this Society of [ignatius de] Loyola."

John Adams (1735-1826; 2nd President of the United States)

"It is my opinion that if the liberties of this country – the United States of America – are destroyed, it will be by the subtlety of the Roman Catholic Jesuit priests, for they are the most crafty, dangerous enemies to civil and religious liberty. They have instigated MOST of the wars of Europe."

Marquis de LaFayette (1757-1834; French statesman and general. He served in the American Continental Army under the command of General George Washington during the American Revolutionary War.)

"The war [i.e., the American Civil War of 1861-1865] would never have been possible without the sinister influence of the Jesuits."

Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865; 16th President of the United States, Note: Please see the end of this document for the full quotation by Lincoln.)

"The public is practically unaware of the overwhelming responsibility carried by the Vatican and its Jesuits in the starting of the two world wars – a situation which may be explained in part by the gigantic finances at the disposition of the Vatican and its Jesuits, giving them power in so many spheres, especially since the last conflict."

Edmond Paris (Author of the book The Secret History of the Jesuits)

"The Jesuits…are a secret society – a sort of Masonic order – with superadded features of revolting odiousness, and a thousand times more dangerous.”

Samuel Morse (1791-1872; American inventor of the telegraph; author of the book Foreign Conspiracy Against the Liberties of the United States) ((Note: For Morse’s full quotation from which this excerpt was taken, please see the end of this document.))

"[The Jesuits] are the deadly enemies of civil and religious liberty."

R. W. Thompson (Ex-Secretary, American Navy)

"The Jesuits are a MILITARY organization, not a religious order. Their chief is a general of an army, not the mere father abbot of a monastery. And the aim of this organization is power – power in its most despotic exercise – absolute power, universal power, power to control the world by the volition of a single man [i.e., the Black Pope, the Superior General of the Jesuits]. Jesuitism is the most absolute of despotisms [sic] – and at the same time the greatest and most enormous of abuses…"

Napoleon I (i.e., Napoleon Bonaparte; 1769-1821; emperor of the French)

“…The Roman Inquisition…had been administered since 1542 by the Jesuits.”

F. Tupper Saussy (Author of the book Rulers of Evil)

"Between 1555 and 1931 the Society of Jesus [i.e., the Jesuit Order] was expelled from at least 83 countries, city states and cities, for engaging in political intrigue and subversion plots against the welfare of the State, according to the records of a Jesuit priest of repute [Thomas J. Campbell]. …Practically every instance of expulsion was for political intrigue, political infiltration, political subversion, and inciting to political insurrection." (1987)

J.E.C. Shepherd (Canadian historian)

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

Edited by Gauss
  • Like 1

One unfortunate side effect of having to put up with superstitious cult members and would-be Revolutionaries of Reigning Paradigm (who never made it past high school) is that for every one of them posting in TTB there are perhaps dozens of truly bright and credentialed souls with a sincere interest in Taoism, and they come in here looking for likeminded folk and find people living in the Stone Age and it's "Hasta la vista, baby!"

Would you be so kind and clarify who you are talking about?

I guess those people you refer to would be happy to see you argue well about the subject on this thread, rather than talking about their lack of intellectual and/or spiritual qualities.

As far as I know intolerance is an attachment that must be discarded in orthodox cultivation.

• Like 2

Yes, I also find it concerning that genuine people can be put off communicating here. I know the abrasive atmosphere created by some posters can be counter productive to people opening up and sharing less than obvious material and so we get a lot of beginner level questions and material.

I highly doubt I have ever made anyone not want to post on a forum. If you really don't like me that much, there are plenty of other threads you can read.

• Like 2

Yes, I also find it concerning that genuine people can be put off communicating here. I know the abrasive atmosphere created by some posters can be counter productive to people opening up and sharing less than obvious material and so we get a lot of beginner level questions and material.

People who post arguments that veer so far out of the scope of accepted scientific consensus, such as religious arguments against evolution, bare most of the burden for this "abrasive atmosphere" as you call it, especially when they presume to know more than they actually do. The burden of proof falls on those who make the claims. If people aren't up to the task, it is almost always a sign that they aren't in command of their material. There's no excuse for this, no matter how "nice" they are.

Forget sound bites from other men and look at the actual evidence for evolution and it is completely overwhelming, take a look at the evidence of fossils and the records of development of animals like birds or horses and it shows evolution, there are numerous account of evidence such as the fact that you get more dark coloured moths in areas with high industrial pollution, and look at the evidence derived from scientific induced artificial selection and you can pretty safely say evolution is fact. At least you can say evolution is a fact when describing WHAT happened and a theory when describing HOW things happened.

Abrasive attitude: "I can appreciate your need for entertainment, but coming in here and regularly pushing the limits of absurdity should be a warning sign to you that your life has reached the critically boring stage. "

would you speak to me this way in person?

Yeah, I would, especially after hearing you say this -

"Real levitation and en mass god self realization will be seen at the same moment.

Centripetal force (from Latin centrum "center" and petere "to seek"[1]) is a force that makes a body follow a curved path: it is always directed orthogonal to the velocity of the body, toward the instantaneous center of curvature of the path.

alteration of spin face of monopole(s)

didn't mean to hijack this thread. The(s)makes

monpole both about bindu and is an 'S' curve like the

area of greatest density issue point of Holy Cow Tao"