Astral_Anima

Minor Electric Current?

So weird thing. After running the "Small Universe" (SFQ) for a few days I did a 30 hour "dry fast" no fluid or food just to see how it'd effect me. Needless to say I was sorta bed-ridden which is why I broke it, however after breaking it with some watermelon I've been having the same symptoms I had with sponstaneous movement qigong, except it's like...more constant. When I would do SQ I would get these kinda "mini orgasms" in my spine, where the energy would intensify really strong, then die out(causing spastic outbursts) but i'd have alot of them in a row; felt like electric "shocks". Now it feels like there's a "current" running through me, a constant flow of energy that's rather uncomfortable. It feels like i have too much energy in my body and it's not the kind I can use up through exercise (maybe it's not ATP?), it's just like...idk, like a small voltage of electricity running through me. It feels like it's "stretching" me out, really kinda uncomfortable, but i'm curious so i'm trying to stick it out. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

-Astral

Experience it, not me, but when I'd watch Michael Winn meditate he'd have occasional 'spastic' movements. Maybe its the same phenomena. Mantak Chia wasn't spastic, he was a gurgler, mouth open and made a gurgling sound of air coming out.

The non energy meditators are pretty motionless, though I've noticed in a group people pick an almost unconscious sway even if there are closed. I tend to be pretty still, (except for Kunlun practice).

Hi Astral. :) I have no idea about your symptom. I'm still trying to get over the surprise to hear you did a 30 day dry fast. :blink: Were you supervised at all? Or, have the input of experienced inedia friend(s)? I hope nothing short circuited within you. _/\_

hahaha, 30 HOUR, jeez i haven't evolved THAT far yet (big emphasis on the YET ;) )

I'm just "testing the waters" as of now. Maybe another few months :lol:

So weird thing. After running the "Small Universe" (SFQ) for a few days I did a 30 hour "dry fast" no fluid or food just to see how it'd effect me. Needless to say I was sorta bed-ridden which is why I broke it, however after breaking it with some watermelon I've been having the same symptoms I had with sponstaneous movement qigong, except it's like...more constant. When I would do SQ I would get these kinda "mini orgasms" in my spine, where the energy would intensify really strong, then die out(causing spastic outbursts) but i'd have alot of them in a row; felt like electric "shocks". Now it feels like there's a "current" running through me, a constant flow of energy that's rather uncomfortable. It feels like i have too much energy in my body and it's not the kind I can use up through exercise (maybe it's not ATP?), it's just like...idk, like a small voltage of electricity running through me. It feels like it's "stretching" me out, really kinda uncomfortable, but i'm curious so i'm trying to stick it out. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

-Astral

Sounds to me like your muscles are releasing a bunch of stored tension.

I know that what i sometimes mistake for too much energy is just lots of micro muscle discharges/spasms and I only notice because I've trained myself into high sensitivity via qi-gong and emptiness meditation.

Yes it is indeed unpleasant. Look also at your magnesium and phosphorus intake. If you weren't hydrated then I believe the kidneys will start doing stuff related to that. Our TCM friends know more about it.

• Like 2

-Astral

Yeah all the time, not exactly the same. If I go to a certain level in meditation, I will start getting the shocks, sometimes its like getting defibrilated. But diet, time of the year, planets, meditations, etc, all affect it. The body will adjust to the higher current. Sure its all uncomfy, but cultivation isnt fun and games, and I only try to up the current and get more and more adjusted as the channels get used to the higher energy, then try to get to a still higher level. Its always on the threshold of being uncomfortable. I like to walk around in parks and stuff every day, naturally with pinky finger extended and down, apparently its grounding the energy into the earth. It doesnt help with feeling less like an electric transmittor station, but perhaps it helps on some level.

Edited by de_paradise

1995 I had had sleep deprivation due to too much studying, work, exhaustion... I would get micro- Zuts, like when you get a accidental taste of 120 volts! Brief but enough to keep me on the move.

Later I had been taking mega doses of B vitamins, during one day of pushing it beyond MAX at

the gym I began to get blu-green lightning, lightning flashes in my peripheral vision.

I had some converations with some cats that day who had good energy, picking their brains and such.

They mostly attributed their state to clean diet, H2O, and god.

By the end of the day due to a splitting headache and vomiting the E.R. doc had ordered 2 liters normal saline

and ordered me to eat bananas and not workout for a week.

I often wonder how often "siddhis" are related to fluid-electrolyte, acid-base imbalances?

-Astral

I told you fasting makes you more sensitive to energy... and especially when you start to consume carbohydrates.

I read in a scientific paper that sugars (carbs) or glucose is actually necessary in the blood for optimal meditation. But don't overeat I'd say just a small snack or meal, half an hr before meditation. If you're not good with sugars then just consume some carbs that is low in sugar, half an hr to an hr before meditation.

It may be the same with qigong.

BUt yea...as for fasting making you more sensitive to energy... well if you read Eat Stop Eat there are several reasons as to why your body becomes more sensitive to carbohydrate intake after intermittent fasting.Ie insulin And glucagon responses become enhanced, fat utilization, as well as some kind of protein thingy that's activated, both in the body and from food. Which also means more qi and more sensitivity to qi coupled with knowledge from other research papers that show the factors involved in meditative practice and qi flow.

I can't really locate the info material on this yet as I forgot the links and a frriend gave me these. So yes fasting makes you more sensitive to qi flow as certain food products are necessary to qi flow and meditative mindstates.

You will literally feel electricity. I had the same experience fasting for 24 hrs and then taking in a small meal (preferably carb rich?) and then meditating half hr later. Even right after I ate the small meal I felt electricity, but afterwards my qi sensitivity was enhanced. Qi sensitivity also means more qi if you can handle it, but it's really automatic...

One thing: if you just started intermittent fasting it might take a week or two to experience the full effect of this. You need to start intermittent fasting once or twice a week and preferably at least 15 hrs minimum 24 hrs max a fast. The longer the fast and frequency (1-3 times a week) the faster these effects will come. It takes your body some time to adjust sensitivity, depending on how much junk you have in the body that needs to be cleaned out from the beginning of starting the practice.

A 36 hr fast can be done also if you want to implement a daoist number of hrs but I think 1-2 of these fasts max a week is recommended... and it might be more intense.

Also... if it's a water fast then drink water...and lots of it. The more you drink the better. IF you find you are just urinating lots of water... drink more. In the beginning you might have to urinate more than if you continue drinking lots of water... since you need to flush the system out. I started drinking lots of water one day, I wanted to do a gallon at least. So.. the first half a gallon into the day I was urinating a lot... later on I noticed that going on to the second half gallon I was retaining some of the water and not urinating as much. That's when you're body starts to rehydrate and retain the water you're drinking. So the first water is to flush you out, the rest is to rehydrate. If you're drinking as much water as this though or more ONLY drink at a time 1 pint (2 cups) at a time per 10 minutes (max) if you're trying to drink a lot at a short amount of time, you dont want to overload your system with more water than you can process. Also do drink mineralized water, if you have distilled then put ionic minerals into it or fulvic acid. If you don't take these precautions THATS when drinking "too much" water is bad for you.. otherwise drink as much as you like.

I haven't experimented much with dry fasting as much to see it's effects on qi.

Caloric restriction diets might also do smtg. CR diets have an anti-aging effect.

Caloric restriction does not mean taking in less vitamins or minerals..it actually means more but cutting back Calories about 20-30 percent. It made mice live longer under lab conditions and their immune systems healthier. It activates certain genetic factors involved.

This is all probably connected to genetic factors involved in survival.

Edited by Non

To that end, I have been on a fruitarian diet the last 8 days, and it has increased my energy sensitivity quite a bit. Have had some cool meditatations the last few times where body energizes, kind of feels like it disappears, just some kind of cloudy blissy stuff, but no body.

I think this fruit only diet is a great way to go. Theres a guy on youtube "life regenerator" Dan, who is into spirituality and this raw diet. Really inspiring, and check out the vids.

To that end, I have been on a fruitarian diet the last 8 days, and it has increased my energy sensitivity quite a bit. Have had some cool meditatations the last few times where body energizes, kind of feels like it disappears, just some kind of cloudy blissy stuff, but no body.

I think this fruit only diet is a great way to go. Theres a guy on youtube "life regenerator" Dan, who is into spirituality and this raw diet. Really inspiring, and check out the vids.

fruits are ok in moderatoin. Usually a person needs to transition into a having a more fruit filled diet since fruits can be mycotoxic and most people are already rich in mycotoxins. Read the books by Gabriel Cousens on the explanation.He recommends a low-glycemic diet where you go through a period of "detoxing" beginning with a very low glycemic high greens and veggies phase, less overt starches and absolutely no fruits, no high or medium glycemic foods for a while. THis remineralizes the body and detoxes, alkalizes. Then you can start incorporating medium glycemic foods and low glycemic fruits in phase 1.5. In phase 2 you can incorporate higher glycemic fruits but in moderation, and cooked tubers.

Yes fruit is good but the way most people go into it especially inthe raw food movement is not so good.. and can lead to heavy detox symptoms. When you start to incorporate more fruit you also need to tone down the fats to 10-15% of diet, otherwise it can cause problems, fats/fruits-sugar combination is not a good one.

Always in moderation, especially in this modern environment as it's unnatural according to the ancient ways of living.

And then also as much unhybridized fruits.You want thte wilder varieties, organic, etc.

Hey guys,

THx for all the responses. I agree with Non about starting with greens and remineralization. From the science I've heard about Inedia it has to do with the body recycling the minerals, but first it has to have enough to help with the healing process (which takes more than what it would take just to function), while the alkaline condition apparently increase our bio-electric field which also help activate our pinneal gland which is apparently what is involved with some secretion of fluid that supposedly keeps one hydrated. Also the chlorophyll seems to cleanse the blood/liver much faster.

However I also want to experiment with the ideas of Arnold Ehret who was a BIG propinent of fasting. In fact I posted his 2 best works in an off topic thread along with some other stuff. Fruit is definately "lighter" and thus makes you more sensitive to shit, it also seems to help clear out debrees faster and obviously it gives enormous amounts of energy without costing very much energy to get that energy. I found it funny everyone talks about calories as energy but they never talk about how much energy it takes to ingest, digest, assimilate and eliminate everything. But yeah, but most fruits available today have been hyrbidized (right word?) to have more sugar which may end up causing a problem, and most are demineralized. I'm just on milk and sum fruits, but i'm going to be incorporating sprouts sprouted with sea salt (great way to turn inorganic minerals into organic minerals =) ) and mad enzymes, lol, doing that with small universe, then I hear level 3 of SFQ is opening the 3rd eyes so that'll help a bunch.

I also heard that fruit diets and fasting help concentrate the mind, u guys think thats true?

-Astral

Hey guys,

THx for all the responses. I agree with Non about starting with greens and remineralization. From the science I've heard about Inedia it has to do with the body recycling the minerals, but first it has to have enough to help with the healing process (which takes more than what it would take just to function), while the alkaline condition apparently increase our bio-electric field which also help activate our pinneal gland which is apparently what is involved with some secretion of fluid that supposedly keeps one hydrated. Also the chlorophyll seems to cleanse the blood/liver much faster.

However I also want to experiment with the ideas of Arnold Ehret who was a BIG propinent of fasting. In fact I posted his 2 best works in an off topic thread along with some other stuff. Fruit is definately "lighter" and thus makes you more sensitive to shit, it also seems to help clear out debrees faster and obviously it gives enormous amounts of energy without costing very much energy to get that energy. I found it funny everyone talks about calories as energy but they never talk about how much energy it takes to ingest, digest, assimilate and eliminate everything. But yeah, but most fruits available today have been hyrbidized (right word?) to have more sugar which may end up causing a problem, and most are demineralized. I'm just on milk and sum fruits, but i'm going to be incorporating sprouts sprouted with sea salt (great way to turn inorganic minerals into organic minerals =) ) and mad enzymes, lol, doing that with small universe, then I hear level 3 of SFQ is opening the 3rd eyes so that'll help a bunch.

I also heard that fruit diets and fasting help concentrate the mind, u guys think thats true?

-Astral

you say: "with enzymes"

You mean you'll take enzymes? Wouldn't that not help make your own enzymes? Isn't taking enzymes somewhat unnatural? It might be ok once in a while but all the time? You want more to help your body produce it. Sprouts by itself have the most enzymes of any plant food (from what I heard). So make your own probably by making seed milks or sprout milks.

you say: "with enzymes"

You mean you'll take enzymes? Wouldn't that not help make your own enzymes? Isn't taking enzymes somewhat unnatural? It might be ok once in a while but all the time? You want more to help your body produce it. Sprouts by itself have the most enzymes of any plant food (from what I heard). So make your own probably by making seed milks or sprout milks.

interesting, I wonder about this. Can enzymes be "stored"? I know if digestive enzymes are low then the body will take metabolic enzymes and use them...I wonder if there's excess digestive enzymes if they can be stored or turned into metabolic enzymes. I'm still not 100% on this but you bring up a good point. I'll have to think and study on that. Thanks :)

-Astral

more constant. When I would do SFQ I would get these kinda "mini orgasms" in my spine, where the energy would intensify really strong, then die out(causing spastic outbursts) but i'd have alot of them in a row; felt like electric "shocks". Now it feels like there's a "current" running through me, a constant flow of energy that's rather uncomfortable. It feels like i have too much energy in my body and it's not the kind I can use up through exercise (maybe it's not ATP?), it's just like...idk, like a small voltage of electricity running through me. It feels like it's "stretching" me out, really kinda uncomfortable, but i'm curious so i'm trying to stick it out. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

-Astral

Interesting. Very recognizable. I usually feel a major spasm coming up before it happens. There's usually some itchy, tingling feeling building up (but maybe not as strong as an orgasm ;)) and the spasm automatically releases and disperses that feeling - which feels nice. Often there's no way to stop the spasm. And it usually gets way to uncomfortable/painful if the energy is allowed to build up.

I found it of great benefit to target the major problem areas on the microcosmic orbit/small universe first, but think I'm gonna continue with Chunyi Lin's version now continually... see if I can also reach these new plateaus gradually. Focusing on the first point all the time (tan tien is kind of a bore. Felt some warm energy trickle past C7 into the back of my head last time I did small universe... trying to get it to reach my nose... weather is starting to get colder, you know.

Don't know how your progress is now 6 months later, but that current sounds like something positive. Seems like you body is just adjusting to the stronger flow. Many people report electric shocks when their tongue makes contact with the palate... Never felt it, but supposedly this only happens when the energy gets really strong and moves so fast it starts getting an electric quality.

Edited by FixXxer1845
  • Like 1

Well, funnily enough I had that "sparks off the tongue" stuff today.

I was at the dentist who had injected a bunch of whatever they inject for painkilling.

So I didn't feel any pain, but lots of sparks.

When I began qi-gong, I recall getting that stuff a lot more.

And I did have a thought yesterday or today that there was some more "rewiring" to be done. I've gotten apathetic about this stuff. Oh yey, more rewiring. Sure

-Astral

It seems that you are rewiring to a different frequency.

You have mentioned that it is really uncomfortable , pay attention if that feeling has a place and how does it arise. Trace it to its root and uproot. I find that this often means changing attitude and the way of realating to 'yourself' and the world in a more acceptable way.

Unless you have had a physical injury of some sort which may be the cause of your discomfort.

interesting, I wonder about this. Can enzymes be "stored"? I know if digestive enzymes are low then the body will take metabolic enzymes and use them...I wonder if there's excess digestive enzymes if they can be stored or turned into metabolic enzymes. I'm still not 100% on this but you bring up a good point. I'll have to think and study on that. Thanks :)

-Astral

enzymes cannot be stored, the same goes with bile and sperm.

you can use it up with moderation, though.

everything ends up one day, even the almighty universe.

Hey Astral Anima, i know very well what you are talking about, if you feel the sensation is to strong or gets annoying you should take a minibreak. Dont push it or get to extreme in your fasting or you can unbalance yourself. Feeling the energy tickle or shock at the tongue when you hit the palate is a very good sign :)

this comes from opening specific areas of you body, albeit central ones, and negelecting the rest of the body.

this is good, but the energy will be varyinly difficult for your body to adjust to, depending on its health level, the adjust will causes localized stress, and your mind can either hinder or help this process greatly.

I had something similar happen in my Perineum... twice. It stayed around for a month or so and then stopped each time. It was like a current running down there. I had no idea about what it could be at the time and when I shared the experience here someone mentioned Kundalini as a potential cause. I then read around and found information on 'temporary Kundalini' which seemed to describe what I had.

I am just starting [again] some MCO in reverse breathing so want to see if I get my past reaction or not since I am not actually sure what triggered it twice before.

Does that direction of the MCO feel natural and have you tried it in the reverse direction (clarifying I do mean direction and not just reverse breath like I am doing)?

I had something similar happen in my Perineum... twice. It stayed around for a month or so and then stopped each time. It was like a current running down there. I had no idea about what it could be at the time and when I shared the experience here someone mentioned Kundalini as a potential cause. I then read around and found information on 'temporary Kundalini' which seemed to describe what I had.

I am just starting [again] some MCO in reverse breathing so want to see if I get my past reaction or not since I am not actually sure what triggered it twice before.

Does that direction of the MCO feel natural and have you tried it in the reverse direction (clarifying I do mean direction and not just reverse breath like I am doing)?

The Hui Yin acupuncture point is at the perineum. When activating the microcosmic orbit this is one of the major energy points that connects to the legs. It's the only point where I actually regularly feel the qi flow for a split second, like it is unplugging.

As far as I know Kundalini starts at the tailbone and moves up the back. But like Chunyi Lin said in a recent interview and some other advanced level practitioners have said, the MCO doesn't work with that type of energy. Sometimes people who opened up the MCO start working with Kundalini energy which despite an open MCO still runs like a freight train through their spine.

The Hui Yin acupuncture point is at the perineum. When activating the microcosmic orbit this is one of the major energy points that connects to the legs. It's the only point where I actually regularly feel the qi flow for a split second, like it is unplugging.

As far as I know Kundalini starts at the tailbone and moves up the back. But like Chunyi Lin said in a recent interview and some other advanced level practitioners have said, the MCO doesn't work with that type of energy. Sometimes people who opened up the MCO start working with Kundalini energy which despite an open MCO still runs like a freight train through their spine.

thanks for the differentiation. I did not pay enough attention both times to really try and place it exactly; but I can say it was a 24x7 stream of current which ran in a fairly periodic rate. So not a split second sensation but non-stop for about a month.

Everything that happens in the body is due to electricity.

Sometimes I set off antitheft detectors in stores when feeling a lot of qi type energy.