phore

shaktipat

Hey guys I wanted to just give a very positive review to Phore. :)

When I donated it felt like he started sending healing energy, leading up to the shaktipat, which felt good.

During the session I felt a lot of energy, allowed it to do its work.

I felt like it was well worth my time and money, and thanks Phore again.

John

• Like 2

I received a Shaktipat from Phore several days ago and in my experience I can say that his skill with it is indeed genuine. :)

The bliss was not quite as intense as it has been with several others who have sent me Shakti, but nevertheless I went into a deep state of stillness during the session. I could feel waves of energy hitting me and scooping out areas of tension and bad emotion lodged deep in my torso.

At several points I started having kriyas and was bouncing up and down quite a bit. I laid down on my bed to avoid knocking things over and continued having yet more spontaneous movements, right up until the end when my body started going into several asana-like postures on its own.

I had a deeper sense of peace the following day. I noticed that some of my compulsive habits had weakened and I felt far less irritated with people at work. Through my own third eye sensing I also caught glimpses of spiritual protection which had been placed around me. My dreams became more extensive and interesting.

Great job Phore! :)

Edited by Enishi
  • Like 3

Thanks Enishi for the honest review. And thanks Phore, for having the bravery and the generosity to share your gift with us.

The world needs more people like you...

Blessings...

• Like 2

I am considering doing some healing sessions with someone but I am worried about the risk of too much openings and especially kundalini getting triggered by it. I know hte chances of a helaing session triggereing a kundalini awakneing are very small but it seems like to me it could be a trigger. I am extremely reluctant to avoid kundalini as I am already struggling with grounding issues (have gotten much better but still a problem) and my life situation is such that I can`t see how a kundalini awakneing would lead to anything other than ruining my lifde right now. So what do you guys think the risk of this is? Can a healer control this and avoid the risk entirely? Can a healer ground me?

I am considering doing some healing sessions with someone but I am worried about the risk of too much openings and especially kundalini getting triggered by it. I know hte chances of a helaing session triggereing a kundalini awakneing are very small but it seems like to me it could be a trigger. I am extremely reluctant to avoid kundalini as I am already struggling with grounding issues (have gotten much better but still a problem) and my life situation is such that I can`t see how a kundalini awakneing would lead to anything other than ruining my lifde right now. So what do you guys think the risk of this is? Can a healer control this and avoid the risk entirely? Can a healer ground me?

Kundalini does open spontaneously at times during other events. Sometimes during Reiki, cranio sacral therapy, chiropractic, massage, inner cultivation practices, and also traumatic things like PTSD and emotional trauma, physical damage to the spine like an accident, or extreme grief, birth, drug use...etc. Anything that heightens the Flight or Fight response (huge adrenaline release) or puts you into deep relaxation and alignment has the potential to do so.

Kundalini awakening practices should involve earthing your body, grounding practices to help keep the process smooth. If you don't see them in a system I would advise not doing that system.

Some healers can help you, some cannot.You have to ask around. Make sure they understand about what kundalini really is. (A lot say they do and they really don't.)Make sure the healer is grounded themselves.

There is a lot of bad press and publicity about kundalini awakening because people love talking about and pointing to a good train wreck. There are far more that happen successfully that the public doesn't hear about because people are satisfied generally with the process. I have seen some fantastic, transformational, transcedent awakenings that without an experienced teacher nearby would probably be misconstrued as something horrible.

If you have a problematic kundalini awakening just let me know privately and I will do what I can to help you.

Blessings,

Susan

PS. Be at peace and focus on the positive. What we focus on tends to appear because our focus puts our energy into the manifestation of what we think about.

May every beat of your heart be a peaceful one.

Edited by ShaktiMama
  • Like 2

While the heightened healing energy could trigger kundalini, a good healer should be able to help you with your grounding issues. If you do manage to awaken the serpent, a skilled healers services could also smooth out the process for you.

just the other day i came into contact with a good friend afrer not seeing her for a while. I could tell by looking at her that she had recently experienced tha lesser awakening and had no idea what was going on. I noticed a blockage in her arm and cleared it out for her. After this her energy began flowing much smoother and her hormone levels stabilized. It was a easy problem to fix, but she probably wouldnt have noticed it on her own.

Edited by phore

Kundalini does open spontaneously at times during other events. Sometimes during Reiki, cranio sacral therapy, chiropractic, massage, inner cultivation practices, and also traumatic things like PTSD and emotional trauma, physical damage to the spine like an accident, or extreme grief, birth, drug use...etc. Anything that heightens the Flight or Fight response (huge adrenaline release) or puts you into deep relaxation and alignment has the potential to do so.

Kundalini awakening practices should involve earthing your body, grounding practices to help keep the process smooth. If you don't see them in a system I would advise not doing that system.

Some healers can help you, some cannot.You have to ask around. Make sure they understand about what kundalini really is.

Thanks for making this important point Susan "Kundalini does open spontaneously at times during other events. Sometimes during Reiki, cranio sacral therapy, chiropractic, massage, inner cultivation practices, and also traumatic things like PTSD and emotional trauma, physical damage to the spine like an accident, or extreme grief, birth, drug use...etc. Anything that heightens the Flight or Fight response (huge adrenaline release) or puts you into deep relaxation and alignment has the potential to do so."

"help keep the process smooth" -oh yes, couldn't agree more :ninja:

"Make sure they understand about what kundalini really is. "

And how does one evaluate their understanding? What if a person (cough cough, not that I'd ever refer to personal experience :glare: ) gets kicked into a K experience without knowing what the hell it is themselves?

If all of the things you mentioned are liable to kick off K, then with all of these alt health practices and seeking attainments of all sorts going on, the probability of having a bunch of ungrounded K-awakening people around the place would seem to be pretty high these days.

I say it's worth being very very open about K. I'd even go so far as to suggest there's a certain "responsibility" that goes with. :)

Oh, plus it seems attempting to warn people off going there "too fast" just fuels their desire... :ninja:

The trainwreck stories IMO do serve to temper things...

Thanks for making this important point Susan "Kundalini does open spontaneously at times during other events. Sometimes during Reiki, cranio sacral therapy, chiropractic, massage, inner cultivation practices, and also traumatic things like PTSD and emotional trauma, physical damage to the spine like an accident, or extreme grief, birth, drug use...etc. Anything that heightens the Flight or Fight response (huge adrenaline release) or puts you into deep relaxation and alignment has the potential to do so."

"help keep the process smooth" -oh yes, couldn't agree more :ninja:

"Make sure they understand about what kundalini really is. "

And how does one evaluate their understanding? What if a person (cough cough, not that I'd ever refer to personal experience :glare: ) gets kicked into a K experience without knowing what the hell it is themselves?

If all of the things you mentioned are liable to kick off K, then with all of these alt health practices and seeking attainments of all sorts going on, the probability of having a bunch of ungrounded K-awakening people around the place would seem to be pretty high these days.

I say it's worth being very very open about K. I'd even go so far as to suggest there's a certain "responsibility" that goes with. :)

Oh, plus it seems attempting to warn people off going there "too fast" just fuels their desire... :ninja:

The trainwreck stories IMO do serve to temper things...

"And how does one evaluate their understanding?"

Well, if the conversation involves something along the lines of moonbeams and fairy dust, one should probably keep looking. :)

The difference between k and other energies is you're doing an upgrade. As my friend says, " you are getting out of the mini van and stepping into the ferrari." If a person has little knowledge or experiential understanding of the POWER of this energy stay away. Power is neutral in and of itself. It's how you use it or it uses you is important. The ironic thing is kundalini recognizes itself in another being so for us it can be easier to tell one another apart but not so for those who really want to know.

A person doesn't have to be a kundalite to treat you...just have an understanding of what it is about. Honestly, it will be difficult to find someone who does understand. That's why I keep a list of healers that I know I can refer people to who do understand.

I would say, listen to your heart. If you feel uncomfortable for some reason discuss it with the person.

People do have these accidental or spontaneous awakenings and feel all alone. They don't know there are resources out there to help them. I don't think yet we are to the place where the Ad Council will run free spots on kundalini like they do for smoking.

I meet a lot of people who have these spontaneous awakening. In fact, that is the most type of kundalites that I meet. They find me because they go looking for help. It doesn't mean though that people are popping up with k symptoms everywhere. I would say it is very small. It is just the company we keep that we hear more about it.

It's like buying a red ford fiesta. You never knew there were so many red ford fiestas on the road. It seems like everyone bought one the same time you did. Actually we have become more sensitive to seeing them because it has been brought into our awareness.

I think there are a lot of ungrounded people walking around period.

I did want to point out that extreme emotion of any kind can awaken kundalini such as joy and happiness as well as the painful emotions and experiences. It doesn't happen as often one might feel or think it does otherwise we would be hearing a lot more about it.

Googling Kundalini brings up 5.6 million results. When I put it into HotBot in 1997 I got back 10 of which three or four pointed to the same please.

Certainly there is more awareness about it. Certainly, many people think they are qualified to give an opinion on it.

Yeah, warning people off is like waving catnip under my nose. But it is the adventuresome, highly intelligent and imaginative personality, who loves fantasy and whimsy who usually fare much better with the whole process. The capacity to be surprised and amused at one's self is also important. :)

" It doesn't mean though that people are popping up with k symptoms everywhere. I would say it is very small. It is just the company we keep that we hear more about it."

Righto. But what about the people that get hit by it and go consult some kind of psych or neuro-doc? My personal guess is if I went to see someone with "classic" med-school/psych training and started "splaining" things about movements of consciousness, being, dimensionality of mind, thought-objects and whatnot, they'd figure me for a nutcase (and this is without the weirdo stuff I once posted on here, glad I nixed that :ninja: )

Besides, there are some aspects of this whole thing that are distinctly, well, weird as hell.

I haven't noticed the "upgrade" yet. I was awesome to begin with :P

Where's that Glen quote about becoming an even bigger a44hole B) ?

Oh yeah then there's "kundalini recognizes itself in another being so for us it can be easier to tell one another apart"

I dunno about this one. Sure, I can sense somewhat when people are persisting in their own little delusions that they seem to take for reality (shame I can't do it quite as well for myself yet :glare: )

--steps back into small red crappy car

" It doesn't mean though that people are popping up with k symptoms everywhere. I would say it is very small. It is just the company we keep that we hear more about it."

Righto. But what about the people that get hit by it and go consult some kind of psych or neuro-doc? My personal guess is if I went to see someone with "classic" med-school/psych training and started "splaining" things about movements of consciousness, being, dimensionality of mind, thought-objects and whatnot, they'd figure me for a nutcase (and this is without the weirdo stuff I once posted on here, glad I nixed that :ninja: )

Besides, there are some aspects of this whole thing that are distinctly, well, weird as hell.

I haven't noticed the "upgrade" yet. I was awesome to begin with :P

Where's that Glen quote about becoming an even bigger a44hole B) ?

Spiritual emergency and chi psychosis are both in the DSMV-IV.

http://www.spiritualcompetency.com/jhpseart.html

It is probably most often misdiagnosed like other things that are not in public awareness or not very common. It is difficult to avoid being mis-categorized.

It is unfortunate what happened to you and it seems to affect you deeply still your original experience. I wish that was less common but it is not. This is why I formed the Kundalini Support Network back in 2002 or so for people who are or were like you.

My own experience was awesome in a terrifying way but also awesomely beautiful. I am in the minority who had positive experiences over all without having any support system in place. One explanation has been I have racked up enough good karma points over many lifetimes to have this unfold in that way but I know there are those who do suffer. But, as we already said, those who have the positive experience we dont hear much about in the West.

Weird as hell is an understatement and when you get in the company of about 20-50 people who all have similar stories to share it doesn't seem so weird anymore. :lol: But when you talk about these experiences it makes non k people as uncomfortable as hell. The responses can be they ignore you because they think you are an uneducated idiot or insane and will often attack you. I speak out anyway so people know they aren't alone.

Glenn was adamant about not talking about these things in public for these very reasons. He was attacked also viciously for his ideas about kundalini and ridiculed for years.

My heart breaks when I hear about people who do suffer. I want to bring the aura of normalcy, that this is a normal process of development but to even say that in public raises ill will. It also reinforces that people should hide themselves so they don't become a victim of a witch hunt. Glenn and I used to talk about the one day people who could be more freer about what is happening.

Re: If you were an a$$hole before kundalini, after kundalini you become wide and gaping. I heard that verbatim from him more than once.. Looking deeper into that comment meant that kundalini amplifies character traits and not just the negative ones.

The upgrade just refers to the quality of the energy not the person. :) It's like exchanging a fire stick for a laser.

You are not the little red ford fiesta. :wub:

The fact that you have these kind of observations and questions are evidence of kundalini working through you.

This all takes time. One student asked me about something he read on a board today. My comments are italicized.

Hi Susan,

If you have time for a quick question, if not just ignore. I read somewhere (AYP) that a kundalini awaenking is really the half way point on the journey. Is this right as you know it?

Thanks,

:):) it is just the beginning... LOL

So it really marks the start of the journey? Just the clarify...

oh yes...the adventure now really begins...mine has been awake since the early 90s. Like being born...it 's a life long learning and discovering.

What helps is to know that kundalini development follows similiarly to a normal, human development.

Like a human...kundalites go thru a gestation stage, being born, being an infant, a toddler, young child to puberty, young adult to elderly when kundalini develops. From my perspective I see different developmental stages unfolding in students. Questions about what is happening and self identity are similar if not the same in human non kundalini development. The development for k people is more of a transcendental arc.

Everyone is different. Everybody matures at different rates.

What I can say to you now is that you are loved and treasured. K process may feel uncomfortable but that is a part of growing. I am still growing and learning in my relationship with this energy and in this adventure. I have really bad days too but they pass a lot quicker than they used to.

s

Hello again.

I just wanted to report back since I had a shaktipat from Phore on Saturday...

...I told him I planned on getting a session Wednesday of Thursday of last week (around when this thread got started) and he said he'd gimme a lil juice over the next couple days to prepare me for the noon Saturday session. I immediately remember feeling more electric and throbbing all over (especially my head)...

Now, on Saturday I... well, basically got high... knowing that I had paid for a session and that doing so would lesson the effectiveness of that service (In addition to all the other bad consequences... I've been very open about my struggles with addiction on this board)... so i didn't really feel much of ANYTHING on Saturday, honestly.

But Sunday, my-oh-my... I was buzzing (not THAT kind of buzz, I mean i literally felt like I was plugged into a socket), my whole body was throbbing, and my feet/legs felt like ice water was surging through them (I had nerve damage to them 8 years ago, normally they don't feel like anything)and my abdomen was hot when i breathed into it...

I meditate and am working my way through KAP1, so i know a little bit what chi/prana feels like, but this was like 5x's what I normally feel :)

SO... I'd recommend his services to other people, based on my limited/novice opinion... and I apologize (to myself also) for squandering the experience on Saturday due to my own dumb-assedness...

Thanks!! :)

• Like 5

Thanks for the advice people. I am probably not going to do any healing sessions for fear of triggering anything. I wasen`t considering shaktiapth or anything to juice things up just healing for health purposes. But as long as otehr means seems to be working, although slowly, I will stay away I think.

Thanks for the long reply Susan! I appreciate the time you're taking with folks on this forum.

"Spiritual emergency and chi psychosis are both in the DSMV-IV."

I have my own pretty particular opinion of the DSMV that I won't get into here :-)

"It is probably most often misdiagnosed like other things that are not in public awareness or not very common. It is difficult to avoid being mis-categorized."

To me, this says more about faulty categories :-)

"It is unfortunate what happened to you and it seems to affect you deeply still your original experience. I wish that was less common but it is not. This is why I formed the Kundalini Support Network back in 2002 or so for people who are or were like you."

I don't see it as "unfortunate" but I do see it as "avoidable" - or at least something to mitigate.

"My own experience was awesome in a terrifying way but also awesomely beautiful. I am in the minority who had positive experiences over all without having any support system in place. One explanation has been I have racked up enough good karma points over many lifetimes to have this unfold in that way but I know there are those who do suffer. But, as we already said, those who have the positive experience we dont hear much about in the West."

I don't believe in "karma points" and past lives and don't need to. :-)

"Weird as hell is an understatement and when you get in the company of about 20-50 people who all have similar stories to share it doesn't seem so weird anymore. But when you talk about these experiences it makes non k people as uncomfortable as hell. The responses can be they ignore you because they think you are an uneducated idiot or insane and will often attack you. I speak out anyway so people know they aren't alone."

Agreed that there are a lot of experiences that "go against" consensual reality. But really, if you start talking to people in general, you'll tend to find weirdness cropping up as an everyday occurrence. But because it doesn't "fit" with what we've learned in "grey world" it immediately gets discarded. Meanwhile our movies are getting more and more fantasy-laden. I think that's both funny and sad

"Glenn was adamant about not talking about these things in public for these very reasons. He was attacked also viciously for his ideas about kundalini and ridiculed for years."

By who?

"My heart breaks when I hear about people who do suffer. I want to bring the aura of normalcy, that this is a normal process of development but to even say that in public raises ill will."

Think about why this might be. I mean either it's "evolution" or at least a "natural" human thing or it's not.

"It also reinforces that people should hide themselves so they don't become a victim of a witch hunt. Glenn and I used to talk about the one day people who could be more freer about what is happening."

Well, this is why I love TTB's :-) But to be honest, the "cloak and dagger" teachers are doing that ideal a disservice IMO.

"Re: If you were an a$$hole before kundalini, after kundalini you become wide and gaping. I heard that verbatim from him more than once.. Looking deeper into that comment meant that kundalini amplifies character traits and not just the negative ones."

I think there's some disagreement as to whether K enhances or destroys personality

"The upgrade just refers to the quality of the energy not the person. It's like exchanging a fire stick for a laser."

Oh. I guess I just can't tell the difference.

"You are not the little red ford fiesta.2

That's sweet of you Susan, but I'm hardly a Guzzi yet either ;-)

"The fact that you have these kind of observations and questions are evidence of kundalini working through you."

Maybe, I'd rather not accept a statement like that though. Although it's somewhat flattering to imagine. Either it is or it isn't. I don't think it requires my belief.

edits for typos

Edited by Kate

Thanks for the long reply Susan! I appreciate the time you're taking with folks on this forum.

You are welcome!

"Glenn was adamant about not talking about these things in public for these very reasons. He was attacked also viciously for his ideas about kundalini and ridiculed for years."

By who?

The martial arts world. Esoteric martial arts for enlightenment is still a subject of ridicule as is he. Also was by some in the early modern kundalini community he told me when he attended some conferences in San Francisco. His insight were ignored by some. He and I wondered if people really had an experience of kundalini awakening when people would say we were wrong or nuts.

"My heart breaks when I hear about people who do suffer. I want to bring the aura of normalcy, that this is a normal process of development but to even say that in public raises ill will."

Think about why this might be. I mean either it's "evolution" or at least a "natural" human thing or it's not.

Depends on the context of how it happens I would think in modern times. In ancient times, kundalini was often developed in soldiers and warriors to increase strength and intelligence. Glenn speaks about this in his books.

"It also reinforces that people should hide themselves so they don't become a victim of a witch hunt. Glenn and I used to talk about the one day people who could be more freer about what is happening."

Well, this is why I love TTB's :-) But to be honest, the "cloak and dagger" teachers are doing that ideal a disservice IMO.

Have you ever been a subject of a witchhunt? :ninja: We have crazy people who follow us around the internet posting weird and out of context stories about us. Some of them happen to be Bum members. Also, there are a lot of the unseen who don't like that we make this knowledge available. Self sacrifice and self preservation have to reach a balance.

"You are not the little red ford fiesta.2

That's sweet of you Susan, but I'm hardly a Guzzi yet either ;-)

I wish you could see what I see. :wub:

My spider sense starts tingeling when i come into contact with another traveler. I can usually see their energy in their aura plainly. In most people it is rather dull. In a kundalini active individual there is also a halo and glowing eyes.

Its a sort of mystique or glamour that gives us away.

^_^

"Have you ever been a subject of a witchhunt? We have crazy people who follow us around the internet posting weird and out of context stories about us. Some of them happen to be Bum members. Also, there are a lot of the unseen who don't like that we make this knowledge available. Self sacrifice and self preservation have to reach a balance."

I'll admit to keeping clear of witchhunts. I don't hang with the MA crowd neither. Internet is full of weirder sh*t than one can imagine. :) I include the bums,plus myself in that. Their respective calls if they wish to go elsewhere and post a bunch of stuff. IMO.

There was a neat post on here a while back about "context being everything". My take is that it is, until it's not. :)

I don't know who "the unseen" are. I meet "the unseen" in myself quite often. Nothing weird - IMO and IME about that - it's IMO the biggest elephant in the room -our imagination and the rest :))

As for other "unseen", I don't know any (so far) If I knew, I would tell everyone :)

Its a sort of mystique or glamour that gives us away.

^_^

That's so flattering, I'm tempted to go for it and admit I was born both glamourous and mystical. But unfortuntately no-one recognized me, neither by glamour, nor mystique. Or maybe they did, and that's why my life till now has been pretty hellish. Meh. I've heard this stuff before. Where's that X-files poster :-)?

No offense to either Phore or Susan. It's myself I don't believe in :)

I am hearing some TCM elitism and plain rubbish from several members.

Giving a diagnosis of the Indian system from the viewpoint of the Chinese system as if it is somehow the absolute authority on energy science is not cool. If someone studied a traditional kundalini system and then moved over to the chinese system, and preferred it chinese, this in no way means they have anything but a subjective opinion based on their personal experience.

If that person instead said - "I believe it's like..." or, "to me it always seems like..."

Then that is much cooler and avoids spiritual elitism.

In my own experience Kundalini is an amazing force. It is not fire but it feels that way when it hits resistance.

It can amplify psychic content massively but this is easy to work through if your school/teachers are half decent. The chakras do blossom in face of it, and seriously major visionary states emerge. To say it drys up the body is ridiculous, as if anything it makes it more juicy as it cleans and nourishes the organs and nervous system.

And a key point in all old schools is that it creates Amrita = A physical liquid that brews in the mid brain then secretes down through the soft palate.

I tend to think that if there is no Amrit, then its not Kundalini, but just energy moving around.

My personal thoughts tend to be:

MCO and sacral/cranial pumps are not Kundalini. [but may trigger an actual raising]

Anyone who claims to have mastered Kundalini in the west is just lying, probably hoping to impress Hippy Chicks, Unless they can telepath at will, know anything on any subject, Walk just as easily with god beings as with the old lady crossing the road,... you get the point.

Chakras are not just meridian points, but psychological centres of Intelligence, the bottom 3 for terrestrial life, the top 3 for spiritual and psychic navigation and the heart as the love that encompasses both personal life and transcendent existence.

Kundalini cleans the chakras, but in no way destroys the personality.

Kundalini is actual 'spiritual' energy, not just chi, and not in that 'well everything is spiritual man' kind of way. Real Kundalini precipitates a major spiritual awakening [possibly crisis] that causes a complete turn around of perception and ones value systems. Lets not cheapen the concept of 'Mystical Experience' any further.

If it turns someone into an egomaniac, it means their school/teacher is sub par, no matter how many qualifications they hang on their wall. They are simply not being shown how to manage it.

Just because you have orgasmic blissful surges of light up your back or circulating through your being does not mean your Kundalini is awake.

Sorry I know everyone wants to feel Included, as Kundalini awakening these days is seen as a token of how spiritual you are, but Its just not like that. Some very spiritual people, who may do amazing energy work may have never really opened Kundalini.

And yes, some people who did open it, may have very little ability to use energy.

All that said, I doubt that I or anyone, will ever be completely sure about the subject. There are too many grey areas to have a totally fixed opinion.

Great Blessings! :)

• Like 1

How about theory that Kundalini awakaned people are quite rare and when it awakens it is on top of the head|?Than a person is supposed to be sorted forever in anyway and not affected by laws of karma.

Anyone heard about it ?Thats what I was fed in past anyaway.

I am hearing some TCM elitism and plain rubbish from several members.

Giving a diagnosis of the Indian system from the viewpoint of the Chinese system as if it is somehow the absolute authority on energy science is not cool. If someone studied a traditional kundalini system and then moved over to the chinese system, and preferred it chinese, this in no way means they have anything but a subjective opinion based on their personal experience.

If that person instead said - "I believe it's like..." or, "to me it always seems like..."

Then that is much cooler and avoids spiritual elitism.

In my own experience Kundalini is an amazing force. It is not fire but it feels that way when it hits resistance.

It can amplify psychic content massively but this is easy to work through if your school/teachers are half decent. The chakras do blossom in face of it, and seriously major visionary states emerge. To say it drys up the body is ridiculous, as if anything it makes it more juicy as it cleans and nourishes the organs and nervous system.

And a key point in all old schools is that it creates Amrita = A physical liquid that brews in the mid brain then secretes down through the soft palate.

I tend to think that if there is no Amrit, then its not Kundalini, but just energy moving around.

My personal thoughts tend to be:

MCO and sacral/cranial pumps are not Kundalini. [but may trigger an actual raising]

Anyone who claims to have mastered Kundalini in the west is just lying, probably hoping to impress Hippy Chicks, Unless they can telepath at will, know anything on any subject, Walk just as easily with god beings as with the old lady crossing the road,... you get the point.

Chakras are not just meridian points, but psychological centres of Intelligence, the bottom 3 for terrestrial life, the top 3 for spiritual and psychic navigation and the heart as the love that encompasses both personal life and transcendent existence.

Kundalini cleans the chakras, but in no way destroys the personality.

Kundalini is actual 'spiritual' energy, not just chi, and not in that 'well everything is spiritual man' kind of way. Real Kundalini precipitates a major spiritual awakening [possibly crisis] that causes a complete turn around of perception and ones value systems. Lets not cheapen the concept of 'Mystical Experience' any further.

If it turns someone into an egomaniac, it means their school/teacher is sub par, no matter how many qualifications they hang on their wall. They are simply not being shown how to manage it.

Just because you have orgasmic blissful surges of light up your back or circulating through your being does not mean your Kundalini is awake.

Sorry I know everyone wants to feel Included, as Kundalini awakening these days is seen as a token of how spiritual you are, but Its just not like that. Some very spiritual people, who may do amazing energy work may have never really opened Kundalini.

And yes, some people who did open it, may have very little ability to use energy.

All that said, I doubt that I or anyone, will ever be completely sure about the subject. There are too many grey areas to have a totally fixed opinion.

Great Blessings! :)

I try to stay away from debates about k these days.

Just some clarification. I just want to say about amplification....you are assuming,yes?, that is the fault of the teacher if it not managed correctly. True, but a person has to have a teacher first. If it is spontaneous in a stay at home mom who lives the wheat fields of Kansas who attends a fundamentalist church in a conserative community...well...context is important. Sometimes just an acknowledgement or kind word and/or a touch on the shoulder or back is enough to handle problems like this.

Just for the record I primarily worked and still work with those who are spontaneous awakenings with no frame of reference or support in their lives. I have worked with Muslim, Sufi, Mormons, agnostics, Baptists, Pagans, Catholics, secular Hindus, very wealthy, poor, middle class, soldiers, nuns, engineers, spiritual leaders and teachers (yes, we have problems too), etc.

Heh, kundalini is not a token of how spiritual you are. Maybe in the inner cultivation community but not with those who aren't in it. Those who are out of it just want to know how do I manage it or get rid of it and get assurance they are not going crazy. I am one of the first to say Kundalini is not a guarantee of enlightenment or super powers. I will say it can make the processes more attainable.

Some of the biggest freaks and a$$holes I have met are kundalites. This because they have not had the blessing of being with a good teacher.

No one has all the answers about this process although many (including traditions) think they do. I treat the Kundalini process like Open Source Code. Use what works and let go what doesn't.

I have no idea why people think MCO or sacral pumps are kundalini.You mentioning it is the first time I heard that.

It does dry up the body from heat but not 100% everybody has that happen. I can feel my adrenals "squeak" when it dripped adrenaline when the energy surged in the early years. My skin turned dark brown for a week once when the k was active thru the second chakra. It was like a dark brown inverted triangle between below my naval and above my pubic line. It was way hotter than the surrounding skin. Some people have actually had burns/blisters go from their foot, stripe up their back along the spine and out the top of their head. Glenn Morris, lost hair at the base of his skull from being burned until he learned about keeping tongue up to the roof of the mouth.

Just staying hydrated and keeping the tongue up will help avoid some of the heat/drying problems.

Please realize that we might be talking about two different things. You might be talking about something that is undertaken in a controlled environment. If this happens in a controlled environment then this is something the teacher must explore and address. In an uncontrolled environment, no teacher, no support...these can be common experiences.

Heat is a huge symptom for the unprepared. Blistering, blazing heat in people who are not in any kind of inner cultivation project to help having cleaned them out. I think I could set the room on fire in the beginning. I would make windows sweat in the warmth of the day. Teaching inner cultivation, like chi gong or yoga,is very important to newbies. People are re-engineering their inner landscape. High heat is manifested in those who have had no inner cultivation practice or have huge piles of emotional garbage and trauma.

I had no teacher, no support other than from the k internet group for a very long time.

Yes, Amrita. One can even taste it in the kiss of another kundalini person. :wub:

blessings,

s