phore

shaktipat

Whatevs dude. Thing is I LIKE where I am, and I LIKE the people and I LIKE my life and I LIKE oh so many things that I couldn't begin to explain. There's a time and a place to be dead, this is not one of them. :ninja:

Who's talking about death? Who brought that up? That's not what self transcendence means.

Hey, I could be the first non-buddhist to reach a deal with "enlightenment". Yup, seems like a good idea. Now be off with you and your silly ways :)

I'll stick around.

And if my 5E has it down, you shall do so despite your sputtering and stammering "BS".

With thanks :)

You're obviously not fine with where you are at... otherwise you wouldn't be so externally sensitive and reactive.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I notice that chakras correspond to areas in the central nervous system (the spine and the brain). The dantiens seem to correspond to areas in the body that contain a high density of nerve fibers, the guts, heart and brain. Then the other points seem to be along the nerve fibers throughout the body.

I usually call it higher energy, shen, spiritual energy, or shakti.

Yeah, I've read that too.

I think what you are finding is only layers of the energy centers. IMO the true chakra's don't have a heckuva lot to do with the physical body.

Wow, your issues and misunderstandings are as thick as granite... whew... You're obviously not fine with where you are at... otherwise you wouldn't be so externally sensitive and reactive.

If it is true that Buddha is a reflection of your manners or if yours are a reflection of Buddha's then I am sure the ism will just eventually fade away.

Yeah, I've read that too.

I think what you are finding is only layers of the energy centers. IMO the true chakra's don't have a heckuva lot to do with the physical body.

They have to do with it, but they transcend it as well.

You seem to be caught in a never-ending loop of the desire to tell others what "their" problems are. Is that what buddhists do for a living? If so, I don't like them. They could have a point but they're totally lacking in skill to apply it. Go get some skill man, it might help you and your religion both :)

I'm taking full advantage of the fact that I have never projected even an ounce of wisdom on TTB's to tell you to GFYSLF :) (I may be banned for the acronym, but I don't care :) )

Seriously man, I'm not a buddhist and never will be. Give up :)

If it is true that Buddha is a reflection of your manners or if yours are a reflection of Buddha's then I am sure the ism will just eventually fade away.

Wow...

:lol::lol:

Seriously man, I'm not a buddhist and never will be. Give up :)

Forever is self transcending by nature... so you're that locked into your ideas of self to apply it to an endless amount of time?

Edited by Vajrahridaya

It is not uncommon for people to intermix these terms and most people have that understanding and are able to operate from this perspective. There is certainly nothing wrong with it as long as everyone is in agreement. But in traditional circles, these terms are not interchangeable and have very specific meanings. For some traditionalists, this intermixing of terms is seen as having the effect of diluting and diminishing the power and sacredness of the terms and disciplines they come from...

But, at the same time, they are just words.... And if it works... But at some point perhaps it is also a good thing to research these terms in their original context...

I notice that chakras correspond to areas in the central nervous system (the spine and the brain). The dantiens seem to correspond to areas in the body that contain a high density of nerve fibers, the guts, heart and brain. Then the other points seem to be along the nerve fibers throughout the body.

I usually call it higher energy, shen, spiritual energy, or shakti.

um... Kate?

yeah...

um. i would just like to restate that Vajrahridaya is NOT representative of the whole of buddhism. please don't write off the entire tradition. please? :blush:

• Like 1

um... Kate?

yeah...

um. i would just like to restate that Vajrahridaya is NOT representative of the whole of buddhism. please don't write off the entire tradition. please? :blush:

I dunno man, he sure is giving it a godawful rep from my perspective.

Besides, isn't one "allowed" to be free from religion as much as anything else? I thought that was the whole point of "liberation". If it's only "liberating" in ways other people tell me it is then it ain't. Do you get it? :blush:

Besides, isn't one "allowed" to be free from religion as much as anything else? I thought that was the whole point of "liberation". If it's only "liberating" in ways other people tell me it is then it ain't. Do you get it? :blush:

totally. as i've said many times, i pride myself in being a heretic. i am not a buddhist, but there is just TOO MUCH yummy goodness to be found within buddhism to write off the entire thing. that's all.

i look to buddhism for CONFIRMATION moreso than INFORMATION. but my path belongs to ME and no one else. besides, according to the confirmations i've taken from buddhism, i seem to be doing just fine. :lol:

You can consider your own attachment to your self created perspective a religion.

Dogma goes deep, and it's personal.

By your reactions, it's obvious you aren't free from religion or yourself.

Dude, she's just trying to tell you to leave her alone. She doesn't want to discuss religion with you.

Put your religion cap down and just be a nice guy and don't talk to her about buddhism...

Is that so hard?

You can consider your own attachment to your self created perspective a religion.

Dogma goes deep, and it's personal.

By your reactions, it's obvious you aren't free from religion or yourself.

• Like 4

Dude, she's just trying to tell you to leave her alone. She doesn't want to discuss religion with you.

Put your religion cap down and just be a nice guy and don't talk to her about buddhism...

Is that so hard?

Sure.. this is a board though... no one has to read anything...

I'm talking to readers more than her... and only readers who read from the perspective that'll help them

I think that there is a feature on here where you can choose to ignore posters of your choice. There was a thread about it during the past few days. I think some people invoked it in response to the same issue that is troubling you.

• Like 2

You seem to be caught in a never-ending loop of the desire to tell others what "their" problems are. Is that what buddhists do for a living? If so, I don't like them. They could have a point but they're totally lacking in skill to apply it. Go get some skill man, it might help you and your religion both :)

I'm more or less a Buddhist and I don't really do that, though I have before. Until I'm enlightened, I see no point in pretending like I carry the truth torch. Inevitably that truth will get mixed up with my own shit, even if I try very hard to keep it pure. It's the method that's most important much more so than the content, and I know running around telling people that they're wrong is not going to make them listen at all :) So I totally agree with you. This kind of behavior turns off more people than it turns on, and skill-less action is not an aspect of Buddhist practice. I say until you know what you're doing, don't. I still like to debate philosophically and from time to time have a joust or two, but all in good measure.

I really do hope you don't develop a negative attitude toward Buddhism because of the actions of a few overzealous people. :)

Edited by Sunya
  • Like 2

Yeah, anyway...

I signed up for Phores shaktipat...

It'll be for this Saturday, I'll try to remember to come back and tell you guys what happened...

Now, I've never had a shaktipat that i really could tell (like I'm doing KAP1 but I really am not sensetive enough to know when I'm getting the juice from those guys or if it just means I'm just doing the meditation right.) exactly when it was occuring... I feel a lot when I'm doing the skype sessions and meditating with the ustream vid's but it' hard to differentiate...

So I'll let you guys know.

You guys should read through Phores practice journal, he's really cruisin!!

• Like 1

totally. as i've said many times, i pride myself in being a heretic. i am not a buddhist, but there is just TOO MUCH yummy goodness to be found within buddhism to write off the entire thing. that's all.

i look to buddhism for CONFIRMATION moreso than INFORMATION. but my path belongs to ME and no one else. besides, according to the confirmations i've taken from buddhism, i seem to be doing just fine. :lol:

I dunno Hundun. I think many paths have much to offer and the less inconvenience that comes with (i.e. rabid fervent bigots) IMO the better:-)

Besides, as far as I can tell, becoming enlightened pretty automatically puts one in heresy- of pretty much everything.

Which, I reiterate, is the point. Otherwise, just give me your buddha script and I'll see what I can do to make you believe something:-)

I dunno Hundun. I think many paths have much to offer and the less inconvenience that comes with (i.e. rabid fervent bigots) IMO the better:-)

Besides, as far as I can tell, becoming enlightened pretty automatically puts one in heresy- of pretty much everything. Which, I reiterate, is the point.

I KNOW, RIGHT? :lol:

well, i certainly don't blame you for feeling the way you do. but i know of no other tradition that has mapped the nuances of the spiritual landscape as accurately as can be found in buddhism. not to mention the FLEXIBILITY of so many different traditions, approaches, lineages, ALL of which can lead you to the same enlightenment. like my boy Bankei, who took the zen route at a time in Japan when enlightenment had died out and all that was left were religious scholars. he was one of the masters of his time who did it from scratch, and he wiped his ass with most of the formalities. a true heretic. i LOVED that he rejected the Koan system on the same grounds that i do! i never thought i'd find that anywhere.

but at the end of the day, enlightenment is in the territory, not the map. the map is just a tool of confirmation so i know that others have discovered the same things i have discovered. then i just keep right on doing it my own way, with confidence that i can complete the path without being bound to a particular tradition.

no worries. i won't be recommending any readings or anything. if you are happy with your life just as it is, then fuck anyone who tries to tell you differently. there is no evolutionary imperative that requires you to follow anything but what YOU decide.

Edited by Hundun

i LOVED that he rejected the Koan system on the same grounds that i do! i never thought i'd find that anywhere.

Awww, you don't like Koans!? Koans are cool... I don't know if they are useful but they certainly get you banging you head against a wall.

What is the sound of one Daoist crapping?

Or if a Buddhist shits in the woods does he make a sound?

Who can forget such classics?

• Like 1

Hello everyone :)

The site is almost caught up.

prosperity and abundance shaktipat!

Next i am going to write a faq and make a links page.

Does anyone have a frequently asked question?

Also Does anyone wish to exchange links with my site?

we can. We are always looking for people locally to help others when they are having kundalini problems. Everybody always feels so lonely.

s

we can. We are always looking for people locally to help others when they are having kundalini problems. Everybody always feels so lonely.

s

Awesome.

I will update the links page the next time i talk to my web designer. :)