phore

shaktipat

:lol:

She's just connected to the element of space... which is infinite, all pervasive, all permeating... etc. etc. When you are active through this connection, you are connected to great masters, even if you are merely a great student of them... to whatever degree...

All the other elements will be with that connection making it electric!! ZAP!!

It's a good thing...

ahem....that's space cadet to my friends, guys. It explains why I am losing the ability to differentiate verb tenses and other grammatical stuff. The more I vanish into the void the worse my English writing and speaking skills get. I keep fussing over verb tenses and agreements when I write. "is that a future thing or past or present or....?" Daily concerns of people of the ordinary world are becoming puzzling.

I imagine this is part of the kundalini road. I have started to become viscerally aware of timelessness. I used to have flashes of it but now it is almost coming into constant awareness. It leaves me....amused. :D

Shakti blue kisses,

s

Interesting Susan. So how do you explain the electric blue stuff then? ;)

It just showed up when my kundalini awoke. It is one of my favorite colors and lapis is one of my favorite jewels.

hugs,

s

fiveelementtao,

very valuable comments and suggestions. you certainly saved me a lot of time and energy. i'm glad i waited a day to respond. you put it better than i probably would have.

2 things:

i would expect a master of vajra yoga to not have to wear a jacket and gloves in the snow. when i cultivate outdoors, my energy keeps me plenty warm, even in the snow. gtummo should be a given if you're advanced in the thunder path. and i know for a fact that Santiago teaches it. so what gives?

also,

no one who has put in the years of work to achieve real mastery in qigong or yoga would place those credentials equally alongside the title of reiki master, which isn't earned through hard work, but can be acquired in a couple of weekend seminars (or even online these days). just doesn't match up. makes the whole set-up come across as new agey and suspect.

i've no doubt that you have skills if you studied with Santi and Susan. but for realz. you wanna dial it back a bit.

5et is right on the mark.

Edited by Hundun
  • Like 2

fiveelementtao,

very valuable comments and suggestions. you certainly saved me a lot of time and energy. i'm glad i waited a day to respond. you put it better than i probably would have.

2 things:

i would expect a master of vajra yoga to not have to wear a jacket and gloves in the snow. when i cultivate outdoors, my energy keeps me plenty warm, even in the snow. gtummo should be a given if you're advanced in the thunder path. and i know for a fact that Santiago teaches it. so what gives?

also,

no one who has put in the years of work to achieve real mastery in qigong or yoga would place those credentials equally alongside the title of reiki master, which isn't earned through hard work, but can be acquired in a couple of weekend seminars (or even online these days). just doesn't match up. makes the whole set-up come across as new agey and suspect.

i've no doubt that you have skills if you studied with Santi and Susan. but for realz. you wanna dial it back a bit.

5et is right on the mark.

"...no one who has put in the years of work to achieve real mastery in qigong or yoga would place those credentials equally alongside the title of reiki master, which isn't earned through hard work, but can be acquired in a couple of weekend seminars (or even online these days). just doesn't match up. makes the whole set-up come across as new agey and suspect."

Great point!

OP, once you master (and I use the word very loose here as I have only met one master in my entire life) energetics with the paths you described then I would think, at this point, you actually can no longer do reiki as your energy body is far beyond that. I can't tell you the number of people who, after attending a workshop and me getting them started in medical qigong, who have later emailed me to tell me their "reiki" took an exponential jump. GRRR, that is not what happened at all! They are now doing a much higher level of healing and no longer do reiki. So I agree to lose the titles, and personally I would say drop all references to reiki, and just be who you are. If you have results, they will come.

• Like 2

Great point!

OP, once you master (and I use the word very loose here as I have only met one master in my entire life) energetics with the paths you described then I would think, at this point, you actually can no longer do reiki as your energy body is far beyond that. I can't tell you the number of people who, after attending a workshop and me getting them started in medical qigong, who have later emailed me to tell me their "reiki" took an exponential jump. GRRR, that is not what happened at all! They are now doing a much higher level of healing and no longer do reiki. So I agree to lose the titles, and personally I would say drop all references to reiki, and just be who you are. If you have results, they will come.

Excellent point. My kundalini woke up before reiki initiation was given to me. For me, Reiki is a very,very mild energy. My body is used to handling much higher voltage and is able to modulate the input and output. Vajrasattva still finds it beneficial to use with people. It is helpfull in quieting kundalini symptoms.

I was once with a dear friend speaking at a meeting. He is long time xing yi practitioner and teacher. He was also a close associate of Dr. Glenn Morris. A female reiki master and participant asked us what was so special about kundalini energy versus reiki energy. My friend gave her a taste of the kundalini energy and she began shaking like a leaf in the wind.

Her body was relatively cleaned out energetically from her reiki practice but wasn't accustomed to running higher energies. I find this true of most yoga participants and those who practice qigong without the understanding of what energy truly is. They tend to be much easier to light up because their channels have been cleaned out with their practice.

s

Shakti Mama,I had drempt you the some nights ago ,you were in a group off three and transferred tangible force into me.I havent been around Tao Bums for a few weeks now,neither am I your student or thinking of you.

It felt healing.

Maybe Tao Bums is getting under my skin or something else.

Sorry for being out of topic :(

Edited by suninmyeyes

the key is to be able to use all of your energies in harmony with each other. Reiki is just using universal healing energy. The attunements are just an innoventive way of transmiting the process. After many years of practice the initial reiki attunements should give way to an advanced skillset of channeling universal healing energies, and shaping them in creative ways.

Also I mostly practice nontraditional forms of reiki, that really do not follow the rules of traditional usui reiki. Some forms are a lot stronger and do not rely on a bunch of symbols energetically inscribed on charkras. Most of the juice comes from kundalini and cosmic healing.

the key is to be able to use all of your energies in harmony with each other. Reiki is just using universal healing energy. The attunements are just an innoventive way of transmiting the process. After many years of practice the initial reiki attunements should give way to an advanced skillset of channeling universal healing energies, and shaping them in creative ways.

Also I mostly practice nontraditional forms of reiki, that really do not follow the rules of traditional usui reiki. Some forms are a lot stronger and do not rely on a bunch of symbols energetically inscribed on charkras. Most of the juice comes from kundalini and cosmic healing.

"Most of the juice comes from kundalini and cosmic healing."

And this was my point; you are no longer limited by the reiki - it is no longer reiki.

edit: However, as long as it works you can call what you do pleythast healing and it won't make any difference. AS LONG AS YOU do not put those limitations on it. What is in a name? - sometimes the energetics associated.

Edited by Ya Mu

"Most of the juice comes from kundalini and cosmic healing."

And this was my point; you are no longer limited by the reiki - it is no longer reiki.

edit: However, as long as it works you can call what you do pleythast healing and it won't make any difference. AS LONG AS YOU do not put those limitations on it. What is in a name? - sometimes the energetics associated.

All my friends that do reiki have kundalini awakened and active. I don't see the big deal, it's just reiki with a cleaner vessel, reiki with a boost? It's Reiki Plus tm.!

All my friends that do reiki have kundalini awakened and active. I don't see the big deal, it's just reiki with a cleaner vessel, reiki with a boost? It's Reiki Plus tm.!

And I bet you have an uncle that knows all about it as well.

I am not surprised at all that you don't know the difference and don't "see" what the big deal is.

I am not surprised at all that you don't know the difference and don't "see" what the big deal is.

:lol:

I am reiki attuned and kundalini awakened, they seem to work together just fine.

You go ahead with your projections though... they seem to wrap you like a suit.

:P

Ya Mu is 100% correct.

If you are going to use terms sloppily, subjectively and of course therefore innaccurately, that is your choice.

But it does matter that language usage is deteriorating into approximations. The resulting confusion is not helpful to anyone.

Blurriness of thought, inability to distinguish, a mish mash of gloop .... not acceptable to anyone with clarity of mind.

The most obvious point here is that there are 78 million Reiki masters who are able to offer imperceptible healings, and 93 million Reiki GrandMasters who are the same.

The higher level healing that Ya Mu is referring to is not the same, either in fact, or by association.

Ya Mu is 100% correct.

If you are going to use terms sloppily, subjectively and of course therefore innaccurately, that is your choice.

But it does matter that language usage is deteriorating into approximations. The resulting confusion is not helpful to anyone.

Blurriness of thought, inability to distinguish, a mish mash of gloop .... not acceptable to anyone with clarity of mind.

The most obvious point here is that there are 78 million Reiki masters who are able to offer imperceptible healings, and 93 million Reiki GrandMasters who are the same.

The higher level healing that Ya Mu is referring to is not the same, either in fact, or by association.

Oh...

I didn't read the previous page. I guess I had no idea what Ya Mu was saying. I thought he was just saying that it's not ok to heal with reiki and kundalini or something.

I better back track and see what the argument was about, because I realize that I didn't know what anyone was talking about to begin with.

also,

I do agree.

All my friends who got up to reiki master had to go through lots of purification and cleansing. This was back in the early 90's to mid 90's when I guess it wasn't such a blown up thing.

ahem....that's space cadet to my friends, guys. It explains why I am losing the ability to differentiate verb tenses and other grammatical stuff. The more I vanish into the void the worse my English writing and speaking skills get. I keep fussing over verb tenses and agreements when I write. "is that a future thing or past or present or....?" Daily concerns of people of the ordinary world are becoming puzzling.

I imagine this is part of the kundalini road. I have started to become viscerally aware of timelessness. I used to have flashes of it but now it is almost coming into constant awareness. It leaves me....amused. :D

Shakti blue kisses,

s

Yup my dear... part of the path.

I think you get ungrounded to get re-grounded from a different space of depth and the ungrounding process of the "old" filled with limitations me... can be discombobulating at times, and one can loose common social understanding as one is coming from a more free and less inhibited by false morals and conformed virtues state of mind.

ya dig?

Blue kisses right back at cha!! All the tantric paths reveal that the Siddha Masters travel along the infinite space communications line, so lapis blue is the deal with that...

Shakti Mama,I had drempt you the some nights ago ,you were in a group off three and transferred tangible force into me.I havent been around Tao Bums for a few weeks now,neither am I your student or thinking of you.

It felt healing.

Maybe Tao Bums is getting under my skin or something else.

Sorry for being out of topic :(

Haha... that's awesome!!

I do agree.

All my friends who got up to reiki master had to go through lots of purification and cleansing. This was back in the early 90's to mid 90's when I guess it wasn't such a blown up thing.

I remember somewhere in the 80's when it became the "in thing", IMO, not worth a dime. In fact, I would say more people have been hurt trying to use it than have been helped using it. Those who have had success was not because of the reiki itself but because of who they are. Does anyone REALLY believe someone can hold they hand over your head and turn you into a "master"?

But to be perfectly fair, the qigong world has the same thing going on. People who can project a little qi but have no real understanding and the words "High Level healing" means nothing to them because they have never experienced the difference. In fact, there are those who consider showing a person an exercise to be "medical qigong", which really bastardizes the true meaning of the word.

Best if we get our semantics straight and help others to understand the difference.

I remember somewhere in the 80's when it became the "in thing", IMO, not worth a dime. In fact, I would say more people have been hurt trying to use it than have been helped using it. Those who have had success was not because of the reiki itself but because of who they are. Does anyone REALLY believe someone can hold they hand over your head and turn you into a "master"?

All my friends who do it have incredible energy, have kundalini awakening, and are deeply virtuous. I've never experienced any negative sides like you say, so I guess that's just my karma. I don't doubt your experience, but it just doesn't apply to my universe as even when I got attuned, it was a very deep and lovely experience. It was awesome... so peaceful.

But to be perfectly fair, the qigong world has the same thing going on. People who can project a little qi but have no real understanding and the words "High Level healing" means nothing to them because they have never experienced the difference. In fact, there are those who consider showing a person an exercise to be "medical qigong", which really bastardizes the true meaning of the word.

Best if we get our semantics straight and help others to understand the difference.

I agree that there is way too much watering down in the West of anything from the East. Way too much bastardizing going on. Just look at what happened to Hatha Yoga! Which is why I'm thankful that the Buddhist forms are not nearly as well known on the pop culture circuit.

But, I think this all has to do with capacity. At least people are getting it, even if it's a watered down version. It could be for many people the introduction they need in order to delve deeper and get to the more subtler forms of the same.

Ya Mu is 100% correct.

I think one of the problems is that perhaps only 1 in 10000 (heck, may be 1 in 100,000 or more)in the field of energetics healing has been exposed to the difference. So there is no frame of reference for them. And if someone like me says it is different I get all sorts of flack from the ignorant. Of course this ignorance should (doesn't mean it will) dissolve once folks are exposed to this difference, wouldn't you agree?

I think that what Ya Mu is saying is very important. Kundalini is fire path while Taoist practices are a mixture of both fire and water (to generalize). Kundalini will awaken you, but it will also burn you out without water. That's why Lu Zijian (Long men pai) is 118 years old and the oldest living Kundalini master is??

Healing should NOT be done with fire, but with water. Using fire energy is to use your own energy, doing so can be bad because you transfer your bad things to them and visa versa, plus it will deplete you. Using water does not have these issues. Most Taoist masters will quickly point out that one shouldn't use their own energy to heal for this very reason; many of them would tell a student not to be healing at all with questions like this because it illustrates desire on the students part (desire to be a healer) vs a natural evolution of your cultivation.

My first distance healing incident happened naturally and I was not trying to do it. That's how water works though, it has no intention yet flows exactly where it's supposed to. If you try to purposefully learn new skills you will most likely prevent yourself from attaining them. It's better to simply seek the Tao and the rest will be revealed to you.

We also have to remember that it is not our task to heal everyone. Sometimes people are sick because of their own stupidity, if you heal them then you rob them of their medicine; continue this and you will incur karmic debt (yes I realize that karma is a buddhist concept, but I personally believe in it and can see it on people).

This is just one perspective though, there are many paths and mine isn't the only one or the 'right' one :)

• Like 1

I think that what Ya Mu is saying is very important. Kundalini is fire path while Taoist practices are a mixture of both fire and water (to generalize). Kundalini will awaken you, but it will also burn you out without water. That's why Lu Zijian (Long men pai) is 118 years old and the oldest living Kundalini master is??

Which is why I'm more into Dzogchen now which balances all the elements and energies.

Healing should NOT be done with fire, but with water. Using fire energy is to use your own energy, doing so can be bad because you transfer your bad things to them and visa versa, plus it will deplete you.

I've never heard of this idea and I've never experienced this myself. How is it fire uses your energy and not water? How is fire your personal energy and not water? Why can one not connect to the fire of all sorts of masters and utilize that as well?

Using water does not have these issues. Most Taoist masters will quickly point out that one shouldn't use their own energy to heal for this very reason; many of them would tell a student not to be healing at all with questions like this because it illustrates desire on the students part (desire to be a healer) vs a natural evolution of your cultivation.

I do agree, but I've never experienced this phenomena of being drained, in fact I feel the opposite.

But, I'm more in touch with water now through my Buddhist practice. This is the first thing my Dzogchenpa Rinpoche said to me too when I first met him, as I was having a rash problem on my fingers (eczema) and doing the Kundalini practices wasn't helping this. But, as soon as I did the water mantra he gave me with the visualization he gave me... it went away within a week. He said that my water energy was out of balance.

My first distance healing incident happened naturally and I was not trying to do it. That's how water works though, it has no intention yet flows exactly where it's supposed to. If you try to purposefully learn new skills you will most likely prevent yourself from attaining them. It's better to simply seek the Tao and the rest will be revealed to you.

That type of distance thing happens in kundalini paths as well. Even though like I said, I'm more into Dzogchen which I find to be more complete. Anyway... I don't think water connection is absent from kundalini paths, or I think it depends on the individual.

We also have to remember that it is not our task to heal everyone. Sometimes people are sick because of their own stupidity, if you heal them then you rob them of their medicine; continue this and you will incur karmic debt (yes I realize that karma is a buddhist concept, but I personally believe in it and can see it on people).

This is just one perspective though, there are many paths and mine isn't the only one or the 'right' one :)

Interesting. I've had the same insight. People have to realize their inner causes directly in order to grow, just like a wealthy father has to teach his kids the value of work by teaching them or letting them support themselves through their own efforts.

Healing should NOT be done with fire, but with water. Using fire energy is to use your own energy, doing so can be bad because you transfer your bad things to them and visa versa, plus it will deplete you. Using water does not have these issues. Most Taoist masters will quickly point out that one shouldn't use their own energy to heal for this very reason; many of them would tell a student not to be healing at all with questions like this because it illustrates desire on the students part (desire to be a healer) vs a natural evolution of your cultivation.

"We also have to remember that it is not our task to heal everyone. Sometimes people are sick because of their own stupidity, if you heal them then you rob them of their medicine..."

A most excellent point.

• Like 1

I recomend SFJanes post in this thread about the effectiveness of reiki when thaught to those who do not cultivate properly. THose reiki people I have encountered so far do not cultivate properly and that is the general impression I get of the reiki crowd:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/3871-reiki-tummo/page__st__32

Edited by markern

I think one of the problems is that perhaps only 1 in 10000 (heck, may be 1 in 100,000 or more)in the field of energetics healing has been exposed to the difference. So there is no frame of reference for them. And if someone like me says it is different I get all sorts of flack from the ignorant. Of course this ignorance should (doesn't mean it will) dissolve once folks are exposed to this difference, wouldn't you agree?

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Albert Einstein

I've never heard of this idea and I've never experienced this myself. How is it fire uses your energy and not water? How is fire your personal energy and not water? Why can one not connect to the fire of all sorts of masters and utilize that as well?

Let me disambiguate here; I meant Fire/Water in a more general sense vs a 5E sense. In this perspective Fire would represent your lower energy centers while water would represent your upper energy centers. In a martial context I'm going to use my lower dan tien, or I'll channel energy from the earth through my lower dan tien. In a healing capacity I use the upper energy centers; your golden flower isn't going to open if you're using your lower dan tien to work on someone. This concept represents the duality in Taoist vs Yoga arts. You can activate your lower energy centers without enlightenment, however the upper energy centers require enlightenment. That's why it's easy to turn on your serpent fire, but harder to cultivate your golden flower. When my golden flower opens I know that the healing is meant to be, again it is the beauty of water... it is that perfection in construct the universe so readily illustrates.

As for depleting yourself, I've only had this happen once, then I changed my behavior. I was at a fair and saw 2 elephants, one of which was having a very traumatic time. I felt bad and wanted to connect to him and help him. At this point my lower dan tien was very developed and my upper energy centers were starting to develop. I opened my palm to the elephant and connected, in this state I have a sort of 'vision' through my palm. The elephant stopped his rocking back and forth, he then looked at me and we became entranced. I transfered my calmness to him and his stress faded away... I was very happy to have been able to show him love. For the next 3 days I was so sad and cried often. I asked my master about this and he said I was using the wrong part of myself to help the elephant; it was then that he explained the difference between using fire and water.