Sign in to follow this  
zerostao

thread for off topic re-directs

sometimes when i am in a really great thread and totally love the topic of that thread. i still manage to go off topic. sometimes i dont even realize it. so at least for me it would be useful to have a place to go to when a good point or question that is brought up that i would like to respond to but i dont want to stray too far off topic. so everyone is welcome to bring those points, questions, responses here. no point of reference is required.

i found this guy not by searching for a dragon image but by trying to find sth about dragon's breath which i had mentioned early in the thread. i really couldnt comment directly about it from the source i learned about it becoz. the guy who taught it at some point had a change of heart about it and decided it was not a good thing to have guys in a small kentucky town (bible belt) being able to demonstrate about it. one example is guys putting a candle flame out with their palm at 15 '. yes feet not inches.but i really couldnt find anything on the net about it.the teacher has strictly forbidden any of his students to continue its practice.

anyways.. this image represents the darkness and general structure of the head/face. it was bluish /gray as i said b4 but in a dark way , not faint. disregard the horns/frill on this one as it does not match my visitor.

but the general shape of the face not being pointily triangulated as many other dragon images i have viewed on the web recently. not square but the trianglular shape is somewhat more squared tha usual.

the image here is from dragon's breath bathory. i chose to mute the song actually.

here i give a profile view. and i must point out i saw the visitor head on or face to face. but i present this to give more of an idea about the shape of the face and head. it is what i think the profile would look like in regards to dimension.

post-52446-129524828913_thumb.jpg

the final image i present is becoz of the frill/crown. it is not accurate to size. i would say my visitor's frill/crown was roughly 1/3 size of this ones. however the shape of the frill/crown is very close.

my visitor was a bit larger than me. however i know of many humans bigger than the visitor. and he stood straight up, much like we do.

post-52446-129524902038_thumb.jpg

the final image i present is becoz of the frill/crown. it is not accurate to size. i would say my visitor's frill/crown was roughly 1/3 size of this ones. however the shape of the frill/crown is very close.

my visitor was a bit larger than me. however i know of many humans bigger than the visitor. and he stood straight up, much like we do.

Thank you for doing all that. Time is short right now but I'll be back. Now I'm inspired to make a better drawing. Aslo, it isn't off topic at all for the dragon thread, please post them there too.

Edited by Starjumper7

inviting ben, kate, all my friends and any interested parties(did i say party?! :lol: ) seems like on a few threads i visit , chatter turns to dragons or now snakes, preying mantis' shamans spirit world ancient worlds and aliens the ufo kind.

so today i was thinking do shamans interact with all types of spirit beings to include aliens? ben suggested the other day to show some courage and adress this.

so, i will put aside my fear and not worry if i say sth here that seems ridiculous , i am willing to accept ridicule , whatever to get to a better understanding about this. i have heard of chinese dragons, european dragons, not so much about american dragons. i wonder if somehow my logo/avatar whatever its called. i also have these as patches like one on my blue jean jacket, anyways is it possible somehow it worked like a taliman and brought a dragon's attention? i really never believed in taliman's , which is odd coz i kinda believe in everything. maybe this is just my active imagination at play? anyways any thoughts ya'll?

Im down with this thread! I will be back when I have more time. The basment is quite an appropriate place for discussing humanity's unconsciousness. Epic stuff.

when i post a video here it may or may not represent a specific position i hold.

more likely i post it to raise questions.

when i post a video here it may or may not represent a specific position i hold.

more likely i post it to raise questions.

Hehehe. Many of my posts are that way.

"i kinda believe in everything."

Weeeellll.

I wouldn't confuse the ability to entertain and test new ideas and thoughts and experiences with "belief". "belief" is IMO one of those things one can honestly do without.

"i kinda believe in everything."

Weeeellll.

I wouldn't confuse the ability to entertain and test new ideas and thoughts and experiences with "belief". "belief" is IMO one of those things one can honestly do without.

when i say believe it is not as in a befief system. but that i just accept that some things are just they way that they are ,in my perception of it. i am happy to have any idea that i "believe " in to be shown otherwise to me, then i have learned something. i do not always wait for the scientfiic method to strongly support everything. i do "believe" also in intuition and some innate awareness. to entertain new ideas and thoughts

i like very much.. in my neck of the woods there is an old expression "do not believe anything you hear and only half of what you see"..but observations, mine and others is basically what i go on. intrepretting correctly is the art.

dragon vision people, have you done journeying or meditating to contact these visitors to say a hello to them and get the knowledge and conversation of these beings?

dragon vision people, have you done journeying or meditating to contact these visitors to say a hello to them and get the knowledge and conversation of these beings?

Good question :)

I tend not to want to go "meet" any such things. But that's because I'm a) a wuss and B) happier to divide my time and perception between emptiness and the (relatively) consensual world. Ok, maybe some brief forays into "elsewhere" when I feel like I want to lock something into my current life-stream, but I'm not particularly gifted for it so I tend to hang out where I, euh, hang out :) Like with people. Mostly. A few cats...no multiverses.

it was during meditation i had my visit. i still meditate , if i get another visit it is cool. if i dont i guess that is cool too. i am not going to try and call it out.

however

i am in training in 2 diferent baguazhang styles. one used to be involved in"esoteric"

practices. but there was a split. and the group i am in with has abandoned those practices. they have stories of dragons coming up out of the ground around them while they were playing their baguazhang. they were freaked out & looked at it as demons. and changed up their practices to be more basic type of baguazhang just geared for combat.

my teacher i can talk to about it , but it cannot be mentioned to his teacher, tho his teacher's teacher .. well that is a long story and dont know everything about it .....but the teacher i can talk to about it ,when i say i think these "demons" are just internal pschological creations. he disagrees and says they can be called fallen angels, whatever but leave alone. he says we he goes around his teacher there is a long gaze eye to eye to check and make sure no dragon is lurking hidden.

my other baguazhang system is still practicing esoterically. and i have been told that in time i will be given a method for communication. along the way i will recieve empowerments from dragons.

the interesting thing is , both groups are aware i am training both ways and it is cool with them.

from the <2% dantien thread:

dantien compression and baguazhang. tell me about it you baguazangers. :)

Oh, and more music:

:closedeyes: sure there is compression and a nice stretch. i dont try and force anything too much. same thing with tai chi and xingyi, same but a little diferent.

i had to experience it before i could begin understanding it. RB helps me. :closedeyes: compression and expansion. i keep part of my attention on dantien

while i am doing my form and this seems to help build up qi there.

there is another exercise drill set i do for the purpose of storing qi in lower dantien, but it needs to be done at least 1 hour at a time. more is better.

chen tuan another great sage who loved to study the I ching. in fact he never could put it down :o but my random wondering here is > he is said to have created liuhebafa which is based on taiji, bagua, and xingyi. but he created liuhebafa before any of the others "officially" existed . the excpetion may be xingyi but still would have been about the same time it was credited with coming into existence as well. my idea is all of these styles have been around alot longer than people want to acknowledge. it is just they are always being tweaked or evolving. it was a very well kept secret about baguazhang existing as long as it has but not going public until the 1800's.

from the <2% dantien thread:

dantien compression and baguazhang. tell me about it you baguazangers. :)

Oh, and more music:

Not baguazhang but dancing... something that feels funky and natural.

This came on the radididio and as I danced I thought that this was just natural, not something I had to study and I realized I was compressing and playing and releasing!

Steppin' !B)

• Like 1

Im down with this thread! I will be back when I have more time. The basment is quite an appropriate place for discussing humanity's unconsciousness. Epic stuff.

Unconsciousness and archetypes it seems? I have always had a certain attraction

to the books of Carl Jung.

Not baguazhang but dancing... something that feels funky and natural.

This came on the radididio and as I danced I thought that this was just natural, not something I had to study and I realized I was compressing and playing and releasing!

Steppin' !B)

HA!! This does look like some Bagua guys i know :lol: It looks like their Qigong too.

I practice Taiji FYI Funny stuff. SifuSufi sounds like a Baguazhang name? Spirals.

hmmm. i didnt know where to put this post?! luckily i have this thread where nothing is ever off topic :lol: ANYWAYS MARCH MADNESS!!!

this is the time of year when i become obsessed with round bouncing balls , string music, surge of emotion and momentum, dribbling, defense, fanatics, selection sunday, sweet 16, final four. the one thing i did excell at in college was spring break :D

when the day comes in march madness ( and now due to the big bizness part of it(it extends into april) when the day comes that my beloved Wildcats( BIG BLUE) taste bitter defeat, i become withdrawn and have to console myself with an extended fishing adventure. it is just one of those seasonal traditions.

it must be close to really being springtime here ,as this morning, i observed alot of birds chasing birds :wub:

UPDATE

oh well wildcats take another SEC championship. having more than all of the other sec schools combined. :lol: munching on gator tail today. mmm

post-52446-130005070989_thumb.jpgpost-52446-130005074249_thumb.jpgpost-52446-130005076761_thumb.jpgpost-52446-130005078566_thumb.jpg

Edited by zerostao

hmmm. i didnt know where to put this post?! luckily i have this thread where nothing is ever off topic :lol: ANYWAYS MARCH MADNESS!!!

this is the time of year when i become obsessed with round bouncing balls , string music, surge of emotion and momentum, dribbling, defense, fanatics, selection sunday, sweet 16, final four. the one thing i did excell at in college was spring break :D

when the day comes in march madness ( and now due to the big bizness part of it(it extends into april) when the day comes that my beloved Wildcats( BIG BLUE) taste bitter defeat, i become withdrawn and have to console myself with an extended fishing adventure. it is just one of those seasonal traditions.

it must be close to really being springtime here ,as this morning, i observed alot of birds chasing birds :wub:

UPDATE

oh well wildcats take another SEC championship. having more than all of the other sec schools combined. :lol: munching on gator tail today. mmm

post-52446-130005070989_thumb.jpgpost-52446-130005074249_thumb.jpgpost-52446-130005076761_thumb.jpgpost-52446-130005078566_thumb.jpg

going to tampa this week, then most likely to jersey. was not totally pleased with the way selection sunday went but 'cats are ready to play anyone anywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHLvixCxRfQ&feature=related

the wildcat fans above, tara connor, ashley judd.

SWEET 16 :D beat princeton 59-57, them priceton tigers were tougher than expected. beat west virginia

71-63. paybacks for last year.

Edited by zerostao

saturday nite me and taiji tim were rambling about aimlessley as some taoists will do.

i had an urge for a taste for a certain herb and tim thought we should go visit a couple of ol' friends.

it had been , maybe 2 1/2 years since i had visited with these folks. i remembered them actually as being a bit arrogant,self absorbed and so forth. but they were keeping certain herb, so...

when we arrived we were welcomed very warmly,hospitably, friendly...i could feel the hearts sincerity of , i will call them j & d.

about 18 months ago j& d each had a very unique experience. D had been in a vehicle wreck out on an old country road and when found nearly dead she was airlifted 100 miles to a hospital where she stayed 36 days.

when she returned home within a month J was involved in an explosion at a charcoal factory with 3 other guys, 2 of them died in that explosion. J was lucky to survive but he suffered severe burns.

so i had not seen either of them since these events. they used to frequent the bars,pubs,but not usually together.

they were so friendly and sincere and shared wine, herb, great company. they were so close now to each other. j being born in the bible belt here quite understandably brought up jesus a time or 2. d however before was quite well known for being atheist.

she showed me her pool cue which she said was valued at 5 grand :o , she had at one time played professionally.

before we left d did say that during her hospitalization she didnt think about prayer or anything like that. but when j was in the explosion , she felt so overwhelmed that she did begin to pray, altho she didnt know where these prayers were to be directed or adressed.

i asked her if she now believed in "spirit world"? she said yes, she did. i looked at j and asked him the same thing. he nodded his head in agreement.

these 2 wonderful people have experienced something very special.

Sign in to follow this