Sign in to follow this  
zerostao

thread for off topic re-directs

l.jpgyep that time of year again. time to dance. time to fill out a bracket.

ashley will be watching over her cats

m.jpg

so wildcat nation had to dispatch our country cousins, the hilltoppers from western kentucky. 81-66

and a possible rematch/revenge game from last years tournament will not happen becoz the uconn huskies failed to show up

for their game against the cyclones.

not to look ahead but hopefully the hoosiers and the duke blue devils will find a way to meet up and dance with the wildcats.

well it wasnt such a good night for the fighting irish. maybe they can guiness or jameson their sorrows away today. bye bye duke. mizzu, miss you guys. virginia? anyways we dance later this evening , if the cats go down. i will be off fishing for awhile

14.jpg

still dancing, and much dancing going on in this region

forde_travelpostcard_031912.jpg of course with columbus and cincy dancing together and bloomington and lexington dancing together too. someones are gonna be eliminated

to when sunday night there will be only 4 .

kentucky-fans.jpg meow!

edit>> if the world does end as we know it later this year,

the wildcats will be the final reigning champions.

how many trigrams are there?

the same number as the wildcats have national championships.

Edited by zerostao

didnt know where to put this , too many choices:

west descending into fascism

republicans you gotta love em

what are you watching on youtube

doable anarchy

and many other topics where this would fit in nicely

remember when america was strong and we had cooperation and a sense of fair play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFrUY2kMlfA&feature=related

so yeah bugs mentions gin rummey , rolls and smokes a lefty, and catches a fast train to miami

all in a days work in america

this guy had obvious internal power

there is a story of a 77 year old cab passenger that looked like he had a few bucks on him and a would be mugger ended up with a broken jaw....

thanks for sharing your perspective and experience gp. i realize each of us have very unique situations to consider for better or for worse. i know you have mentioned a mrs. gp and you run a centre and that must figure heavily into the equation.

i dont wanna derail a sifu jenny thread as she has my respects big time. but this idea of her having a workshop there at this time washed out it seems. so i will continue for a bit. my short falling i reckon is of all the things to consider , i consider the money the least. whether i am spending or collecting. but thats me and i realize no others look at it like that. example, last year i roamed about the south, atlanta, western carolina, florida, and back to eastern kentucky as a roaming qigong teacher of sorts. no advertisements, just word of mouth basically, anyways i let folks "pay me" whatever they liked. we met at folks homes, parks, the beach, on some mountain, out in the woods, along some river, etc. for me it was very worthwhile to do.

becoz i did it for the experience and for the experiences sake alone. to share energy and art. did i make money? i did make experience and lasting memories and networked connections. me and 2 road buddies toured the south sight seeing, people seeing, enjoying ourselves and the places and folks we met up with. if i woulda had money of my own to finance the trip and have it go the same way, that would have been worthwhile for me also. and i would have happily "paid them"

i have often invited folks to come visit, asking nothing , well not money anyways. just to be authentic and honest, to themself mainly,very few have taken me up on this. my idea was just to play tai chi, baguazhang, qigongs, test energies, reveal to a skeptic that emitting qi and fa jin are very real, and have fun. go out into nature and i thought it would be cool to show folks how easy it is to forage in our forests here. just allow them to enjoy a change of scenery for however long it took for them to find their center or until they decided to move on. for me it is always about art for arts sake and the experience for the experiences sake. i look at it like the luxury it is and it is a gift i give myself.

i couldnt imagine to place some $ price on it, as 299 would be ok or 372 being too much. i have seen folks on this forum and elsewhere charge hundreds of dollars(and more) for some of the very things i gladly shared for free. maybe if one pays for sth alot of monies what they get is better somehow? hehehehehe or they were after some certificate and not the skill, idk, it is curious.

as we do accept things do change and my own schedule is quiet busier now than in recent times

i am no longer able to offer so freely my time. i will continue to share art and energy and experience only for their own sake even if the circle is a bit smaller now.

Re: Jack Dempsey's Internal Power

Many people think his book Championship Fighting Explosive Punching and Aggressive Defense is better than most xingyi quanpu.

http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/box/dempseycfbook.html

Like Eugen Sandow, Jack Dempsey used a lot of light dumbbell exercises.

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Macfadden/MuscleBuilder/Feb25/mb-Feb25-01.htm

The man was incredibly fit and trained like a madman. Also, like most kung fu masters of early last century he had a base of hard labor to his body before he truly began training.

Re: Jack Dempsey's Internal Power

Many people think his book Championship Fighting Explosive Punching and Aggressive Defense is better than most xingyi quanpu.

http://stickgrappler...pseycfbook.html

Like Eugen Sandow, Jack Dempsey used a lot of light dumbbell exercises.

http://www.sandowplu...mb-Feb25-01.htm

The man was incredibly fit and trained like a madman. Also, like most kung fu masters of early last century he had a base of hard labor to his body before he truly began training.

interesting reading thanks for sharing

these recent debates threads of atheists, religions, spirituality, immortals, even politics, finances, anarchy, philosophy, well all of this thought and these thoughts about thought.

"You philosophers ask questions without answers, questions that have to remain unanswered to deserve being called philosophical"

but the above isnt the rub, or the crux, or the big question.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/64718122/Lyotard-Jean-Francois-The-Inhuman-Reflections-on-Time

i am only looking at chapter one

obviously my beloved 'wildcats are off to a mediocre start this year and i look for other diversion from studies

Sign in to follow this