Aaron

Prehistoric Civilizations

Thanks for posting these shows!

They are so interesting!

Now that I have lost all credibility by mentioning preying mantis spirits,

Oh, I think I believe you. I'm not happy that you're hanging with E.Ts but what's a gal to do :ninja::rolleyes:

in peru we have history of civilizations going backwards from inca,tiwanaku,moche, and a recently discoverd

caral supe which timeline wise was around the time of the pharoh khufu. all had eleborate and complex archetecture, flourishing communities,highly skilled artists ,,goldsmiths etc. and they all have one thing in common other than being in peru. none of them have any evidence of a written record or written language.

i find this curious as other anicient civilizations that i am aware of all had some form of written record.

There are some stories that the first race on earth were the faery race (not fairy) and their age was the Age of Lemuria. When the first humans appeared and the human race gradually supplanted the faery race the Lemurian age gave way to the Age of Atlantis. Fascinating material which is explained in depth in this book:

Red Tree, White Tree: Faeries and Humans in Partnership

Hey All....

Back to the original topic. :blush:

Do the majority of people in this world really believe that there was

no prior civilization before our own that had advanced in the

tremendous time allowed?

I think it is as vain as the thought that there are no other civilizations

in our galaxy, the numbers of worlds say not. The vanity to believe we

are the only advanced civilization to ever have arisen in the hundreds of

millions of years behind us is preposterous.

Indian sanskrit tells of times thousands of years before our recorded history.

All types of machines and references to advanced technology are there.

In the links to the "ancient alien underwater cities" there is so much

evidence of truly advanced architecture with purposes which to this

day we can not even begin to understand. The evidence of advanced prior

cultures and civilizations is all around us. It is the vanity of believing that

we are the most advanced civilization to have ever existed that keeps

the blinders on us.

As we explore more of this planet and what is under the sea, we will

have to change many of our Ideas regarding the history of mankind and

our real place in the cyclic nature of civilizations rise and fall over

successive millennia.

Hey Ben, just would like you to know i was not posting to you directly or assuming anything like you were abuducted, but more generally discussing the topic. I know first hand these experiences are difficult for us to understand, and i express my deep sympathy on such a complicated topic. And you are right, caution is intelligent. I don't necessarily agree with everything Dr Greer's point of view is either being just one guy, despite his high privy to direct contact with ETs and government high ups etc. However, I feel he may be generally correct...And definitely relative to the opposite extreme, that they all want our babies and eat us. It seems the general rule is non-interference by the ails, so indeed we got to work ourselves out on our own, but at the sametime I hear they are more interested in the average folk then our loser govs. Like I said it has taken me at least 10 years in my young life to shape my opinion and so my stated opinion is just an opinion; I encourage people to be cautious and do much research and be aware of things in their life.

You may have heard, but there is talk on the cards that a false flag staged ail threat is in the making. I don't want us all to be deceived, because some of the tech the gov has looks out of this world, hence we unite in war and again loose more rights that took so very very long to create.

Over to you Straw, sorry.

Maybe others remember, but they found in Africa the remenants of what seems to be a nuclear power plant from prehistoric times!

TF

Here you go TF.

About that prehistoric nuclear reactor......

http://www.pureinsight.org/node/960

Prehistoric Nuclear Reactor In Gabon Republic

Anthropology

Two billion years ago, where the Gabon Republic is now located in Africa, there existed a huge nuclear reactor that was operative for five hundred thousand years.

Oklo is the site of a uranium mine in the Gabon Republic. France obtains much of the uranium used in its nuclear program from this mine. In 1972 when uranium ore from this mine was introduced into a French gaseous diffusion plant, it was discovered that the feed uranium was depleted below the 0.711 w% of ordinary natural uranium. It seemed as if the uranium had already been used. The French government announced the finding and took the whole world by surprise.

Scientists investigated the uranium mine and the results were made public at a conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency. The uranium indeed had been used. One may wonder what exactly happened at Oklo?

French scientists found traces of fission products and fuel wastes at various locations within the mine area. These observations were puzzling at first because it is not possible for natural uranium to go critical, except under very special circumstances such as the presence of graphite or heavy water as a moderator, neither of which could reasonably be expected to have been present in the vicinity of Oklo.

The half-life of U235 is 7.13E8 years, which is considerably shorter than the half-life of U238 at 4.51E9 years. Since the original formation of the earth, more of the U235 had decayed than the U238. This means that the natural uranium ore had a much higher uranium concentration many years ago than it does today. Indeed, it is easy to show that about 3 billion years ago the U235 concentration was in the neighborhood of 3 w%, sufficiently high to reach the critical point for a chain reaction to occur in ordinary water, which was present near Oklo at that time.

Surprisingly, this uranium mine's nuclear reactor was well designed. Studies indicate that this reactor was several miles in length. However, for such a huge nuclear reactor, the thermal impact to its environment was limited to 40 meters on all sides. Even more astonishing is the fact that the radioactive wastes have still not migrated outside the mine site. They are held in place by the surrounding geology.

Faced with these findings, scientists consider the mine to be a 'naturally occurring' nuclear reactor. The Oklo reactor has been documented for its importance as an analogue (a structural derivative of a parent compound) in the disposal of nuclear fuel wastes. But few people are bold enough to go one step further.

As a matter of fact, many people today know that the reactor is a relic from a prehistoric civilization. It's probable that two billion years ago there was a fairly advanced civilization living at a place now called Oklo. This civilization was technologically superior to today's civilization. Compared to this huge 'natural' nuclear reactor, our current nuclear reactors are far less impressive.

References

1. John Lamarsh, Introduction to Nuclear Engineering, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company - Reading, MA, 1983.

2. http://www.nuc.umr.edu/~ans/oklo.html

3. http://www.physics.isu.edu/radinf/oklo.htm

This subject has become increasingly interesting to me as of late. I especially enjoyed several interviews and talks of Graham Hancock on youtube.

Unfortunately separating the wheat from the a chaff in the ancient civilizations/ufo/conspiracy theory world is far from easy.

Indigenous Australians spiritual beliefs:

Buddhist...Our spirituality is a oneness and an interconnectedness with all that lives and breathes, even with all that does not live or breathe. Aboriginal spirituality "is a feeling of oneness, of belonging", a connectedness with "deep innermost feelings". Everything else is secondary. After death their spirit returns to the Dreamtime from where it will return through birth as a human, an animal, a plant or a rock. The shape is not important because "each form shares the same soul or spirit from the Dreamtime."

Aboriginal spirituality does not consider the 'Dreamtime' as a time past, in fact not as a time at all. Time refers to past, present and future but the 'Dreamtime' is none of these. The 'Dreamtime' "is there with them, it is not a long way away. The Dreamtime is the environment that the Aboriginal lived in, and it still exists today, all around us."

I will write about their Daoist beliefs in another message as it's time to go, just finished work.

Blessings,

:)

Yogic & Daoist:

Nungeenat-ya = The Earth Spirit, similar to the Greek Gaia. She is our Mother Earth. We need to respect Nungeenat-ya because we are part of her. She sustains us and provides for us. We cannot separate ourselves from her. What we do to our planet, we do to ourselves. This is the teaching of Oneness. All of life is interconnected, delicately woven together in a sacred tapestry of life. We must look after our Earth, which is our teaching place on our life's journey.

Miwi = Our spirit, soul or consciousness. This is our higher self, shen, which contains the blueprint or spiritual map for our life's journey. Our miwi resides in our heart-space and it is taught that we should learn to let our miwi guide us, rather than acting from our ego. It is up to us to make the choice to align with our miwi, as we are "boss of self" and we need to take responsibility for our life.

You will notice in drawings of miwi's that they have no mouths, as it is believed that it is our mouths that get us into trouble. The teaching here is to listen to our deeper truth, rather than letting our mind or our ego run the show.

Our Emotions = Australian Aboriginal traditions teach the importance of having intimacy with our emotions. Like in the tradition of yoga, we are taught to acknowledge our emotions and bring awareness to them. By learning to become comfortable with our emotions and sit with them, we learn to let them go.

Emotions are neither "good" nor "bad". Emotions like anger are only bad when they are used destructively. Real wisdom comes through undiluted processing of our emotions.

Cleansing = The importance of maintaining purity of our body, mind and energy is taught throughout Australian Aboriginal traditions. Our body must be kept healthy through movement and with the foods we eat, as well as by keeping check our our emotions, which can create negative energy in both the body and the surrounding environment, known as bugeenge.

There are many cleansing traditions and practices which are used. There is an understanding that the skin is the most vital organ, which "breathes" and removes impurities and toxins via the sweat, therefore it is important to allow the skin to be exfoliated and have the chance to sweat so that toxins can be eliminated properly.

Smoking ceremonies are a way to purify the negative energy of a place or person, similar to the use of incense or sage. Often sacred gum is used to purify negative energy, which can cause our miwi to be under stress if we have prolonged exposure to any negativity. This diminishes our spiritual energy, similar to yoga's chakra system, which can also get blockages and be affected by our negative thoughts and emotions.

Reality's Veil= In Australian Aboriginal culture there is the understanding of a veil that prevents us from seeing and experiencing the full totality of all of life's knowledge.

They believe that we are born with a deeper spiritual knowing in which we have a full memory of knowledge beyond this life, however from the age of about 3-5 years old, the veil descends cutting us off from this knowledge and making us focus in on our experiences in this life only. Yet, sometimes people can have a tear in this veil. Sometimes this tear will manifest in the form of pshycics abilities, at other times it can manifest as mental disorders such as schizophrenia. (This also explains why many children have imaginary friends!)

For these reasons, in yoga, great care is taken along the journey of opening ourselves to higher states of consciousness. Firstly we can develop physic abilities which we risk becoming attached to, or we may open the veil too soon with forced shakti-pat or vigorous breathing practices to make the kundalini rise before we are mentally and physically ready. This results in all of our samskaras (negative mental impressions) rising to the surface and causing problems in the student's life. The journey of removing the veil of maya is therefore a slow process.

Koshas/Sheaths= In Australian Aboriginal Culture, they also discuss the yogic term of sheaths or koshas, which form separate layers of our energy body. The innermost layer is the miwi, like the shen, as discussed above. The second outer layer is known as mullawahi, which is a thin blinding white/gold light. The veil is part of this sheath. It is said that the colour of this sheath may vary slightly at the edges from person to person, with either a gold or rose gold line around the edges. Gold meaning that the person has lived many lives and rose meaning that they are very kind.

The next outer sheath is known as dahwie, which is comprised of tougher or more dense energy. This energy is what gets affected by the bugeenge, or negative energy around us. It should be kept blue white.

Energy= Like in many ancient traditions, Australian Aboriginal culture discusses energy. More than most cultures, they are aware of the energetic vibrations that run through not only us, but through the Earth . They have an understanding of the song-lines and dreaming tracks that run along the Earth, and their paintings and art reflects how their vision has adjusted to see the underlying energy of all things. Everything is energy. They are able to see through the physical outer layer of reality and see the underlying essence of life.

They believe that not only can we learn to see the energy, but we can learn to control and manipulate it (as we are part of it). This can be done in many ways, some are with the use of hand gestures, like the mudras.

They also, see energy as having different colours, which seem to parallel other traditions. For example: blue light = spiritual Protection, safety & purity; green light = the highest form of healing.

Hand Gestures & Techniques= Hand gestures are used to control energy flow. A few examples of this are: Placing your hands together with only fingertips touching. This builds a warm energy in your palms. Think blue and white light whilst you are doing this, then draw your hands over your body to coat yourself in the protection of blue-white light. Seal with a pinch in front of your body.

Another hand gesture or mudra used is by taking your middle finger to search for light in the body. If you imagine that light is like liquid mercury, you can feel the light moving, like liquid mercury as you run your finger through it.

The Rainbow Serpent= The creation stories talk about a great rainbow serpent. Serpents are often depicted in ancient traditions as symbols of power and change. The idea of the kundalini being represented by a coiled serpent which resides at the base of the spine (Yin) and symbolises our spiritual journey towards enlightenment through the chakras (which vibrate in the colours of the rainbow) and ending on the crown of the head (Yang).

What most of us don't know is that many of the original Aboriginal creation stories talk about a rainbow serpent that had two heads. This mythical character gives us the story of the first born and encapsulates the idea of duality. The snake's two heads represent the two emotions: anger & compassion. One head of the serpent expresses the fire of anger, which becomes the sun, Ngalindi. The other head of the serpent, whose name is Baloo (which means moon) cries tears of compassion for his brother, giving us the rain. The sun and the rain together create the rainbow.

Among the Kunwinjku speaking people of western Arnhem Land, and many of their neighbours, numerous Rainbow Snakes are said to populate the landscapes that make up their homelands. Two types of Rainbow Serpents consistently turn up in their oral history, mythology, ceremonies and painted art: Yingarna, the female Rainbow Serpent, is the mother, the original creator being; and the male Rainbow Serpent, Ngalyod, is the transformer of the land.

Sources:

1. Under the Quandong Tree by Minmia

2. Voices of the First Day: Awakening in the Aboriginal Dreamtime by Robert Lawlor

Needless to say that the Indigenous Peoples of Australia have lived in this land for over 125,000 years.

How old are mainstream Daoist and Buddhist beliefs then and when did they arrive to this physical plane? ;)

Blessings,

Edited by Gerard

Thanks so much for posting that, Girard.

It is beautiful to observe the awarenesses merge into the One. Not only in the content and return to to simplicity, but this is the same nature that we as Westerners aspire to obtain, or liberate ourselves to. How ironic life is, that it hides the answers so deeply inside of ourselves, and at the end of all the striving we find that we're right back where we began. Not only in our own psychic dimensions, but in our communal societal evolution; right back to the wisdom of the indigenous. Toltec, Aboriginal, Tao....it's like they got the original instruction manuals for the feeding and care of the human body, and it's like the old telephone game where the instructions get all balled up as it goes down the line. Down the ages.

Life is such a mystery.

I'll bet the two headed rainbow serpent also represented the second attention that is spoken of in the Toltec tradition, as presented by Castaneda. When in the second attention it is a separate reality; not a reality where different objects are observed, just a different perch from which to view the present reality. I don't know anything about the Aboriginal traditions, but they sure align with the Toltec. Plus, I would imagine the Aboriginals made use of plenty of hallucinogenic plants? The separate realities can be manipulated, and often the realities become one. How much spiritualism of all varieties this must have bred with the mind-expanding qualities of the plants at their disposal.

Seems like back to the future, or something.

Edited by manitou

Thanks so much for posting that, Girard.

YMW, manitou.

Glad to see you enjoyed reading about Australian Aboriginal spiritual beliefs, which in essence are the same as all the great spiritual traditions. Yes...oneness...I like to listen to Tenzin Palmo short discourse on this matter:

We spirits on this Earth-plane, having a human experience, can reach a higher level than the Devas if instead of wasting our lives with petty impermanent things dedicate them to a higher purpose. Deep down we are all capable of seeing through maya with the eyes of unconditional love and compassion:

46808988.jpg

Namo Amitabha Buddha.

Yes, she seems to say it about as well as it can be said.

When she talked about the sky, I got a mental picture of a fountain; all the water droplets spring from the same source, but individuate as they are up in the air. When they hit the ground, they return to the source and do it all over again. We're in the collective when in the fountain, individuals while up in the air.

The beautiful infant in your picture has the eyes of one prior to manipulation of any sort. The pure eyes of an infant is music to the soul. A great shaman, the Nazarene, talked about us having to return to the 'mind of a child'. I've thought about this a great deal. This is a mind without manipulation, without desire for result, without judgment. There is no good or bad to that infant. In some translations of the Tao, it refers to he infant who has not yet learned to smile; smiling would be a learned reaction to stimulus.

It seems that to get to the point where we are truly a duck who can shed water from its wings, the self realization process must be engaged; the more disengaged we become as a result of removing our own foibles, the closer we return to the source of the fountain.

And I think Time needs to be removed from the equation. Einstein proved that time is a relative thing, an illusion essentially; in actuality perhaps we're not only All One in this time era; perhaps we're All One throughout Time as well. Inside us dwells the Aboriganal, the first pure ones who truly acted out their humanness without all of the self-stifling behavior we've learned over the years.

Yes, she seems to say it about as well as it can be said.

When she talked about the sky, I got a mental picture of a fountain; all the water droplets spring from the same source, but individuate as they are up in the air. When they hit the ground, they return to the source and do it all over again. We're in the collective when in the fountain, individuals while up in the air.

This is exactly what samsara is.

The only escape is insight into dependent origination...

What you are talking about is the axiom of most paths... independent origination/consciousness... without true insight into emptiness. The Buddha emptiness experientially leading to complete fullness without reference to even consciousness or origin as singularity. This infinite singularity is both the storehouse and origin of all delusion, even blissful high up delusions such as the one expressed in word format quoted above... no offense intended, at all.

But... this I found to be true. The Buddha is deeply worth listening to.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

This is exactly what samsara is.

The only escape is insight into dependent origination...

What you are talking about is the axiom of most paths... independent origination/consciousness... without true insight into emptiness. The Buddha emptiness experientially leading to complete fullness without reference to even consciousness or origin as singularity. This infinite singularity is both the storehouse and origin of all delusion, even blissful high up delusions such as the one expressed in word format quoted above... no offense intended, at all.

But... this I found to be true. The Buddha is deeply worth listening to.

Thanks, Veejay. I guess I still have enough ego to say that the water fountain analogy isn't the extent of my spiritual understanding. Buddhism writings are the thing that got me out of my obnoxious born-again Christianity many years ago. The mindset didn't appeal to me as much as the non-structure of metaphysics (the Tao understanding came later). Please consider that other paths are worth taking as well.....and they lead to the very same place. :rolleyes:

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

Thanks, Veejay. I guess I still have enough ego to say that the water fountain analogy isn't the extent of my spiritual understanding. Buddhism writings are the thing that got me out of my obnoxious born-again Christianity many years ago. The mindset didn't appeal to me as much as the non-structure of metaphysics (the Tao understanding came later). Please consider that other paths are worth taking as well.....and they lead to the very same place. :rolleyes:

I've considered them... very deeply throughout lifetimes that I remember... not to sound obnoxious.

There is no same place as there are infinite places... The cosmos is far more chaotic and complex then oneness paradigms of consciousness can ascertain.

Ananda: "How amazing! Never before has it occurred to me, Lord. This principle of Dependent Origination, although so profound and hard to see, yet appears to me to be so simple!"

Buddha: "Say not so, Ananda, say not so. This principle of Dependent Origination is a profound teaching, hard to see. It is through not knowing, not understanding and not thoroughly realizing this teaching that beings are confused like a tangled thread, thrown together like bundles of threads, caught as in a net (of oneness), and cannot escape hell, the nether worlds (higher heavens) and the wheel of samsara." [s.II.92]

Samsara is merely a state of mind... co-joiningly manifesting a reality with like minded beings in any dimension of expressed experience as reflection. So there is no real getting out per say, just insight into what is. But, there is neither one, nor is there many... nor is there not, only arisen dependent upon your or group view, so no absolutes.

But anyway... sure, any path can lead to the experiential insight of Nirvana, but only if seen through thoroughly as empty of inherent existence and originating dependently with endless regress and infinite reference without center... and this is the center of a Buddha.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Buddha: "Say not so, Ananda, say not so. This principle of Dependent Origination is a profound teaching, hard to see. It is through not knowing, not understanding and not thoroughly realizing this teaching that beings are confused like a tangled thread, thrown together like bundles of threads, caught as in a net (of oneness), and cannot escape hell, the nether worlds (higher heavens) and the wheel of samsara." [s.II.92]

I couldn't agree with this statement more. This is the essence of wu-wei, of which as a Buddhist you may not be familiar. It is through not-knowing and elimination of character defects, ego, and the daily internalization and usage of what we have learned through the left-brain endeavors. Once this state is realized, it is as though we are blind men walking through life in a sense, making no judgments; merely letting life be the teacher. This is self-realization. This is when we can finally transcend form into formlessness, a return to the Tao. The intellectual urge has been transcended.

The beautiful infant in your picture has the eyes of one prior to manipulation of any sort. The pure eyes of an infant is music to the soul. A great shaman, the Nazarene, talked about us having to return to the 'mind of a child'. I've thought about this a great deal. This is a mind without manipulation, without desire for result, without judgment. There is no good or bad to that infant. In some translations of the Tao, it refers to he infant who has not yet learned to smile; smiling would be a learned reaction to stimulus.

Returning to and revealing that nature is what counts most, more than ALL SIDDHIS together. A friend of mine has met the elusive wandering Daoists in one of the sacred mountains of China and also studied with one of them for a short while, and let me tell you one thing: they all were like children and emanated a golden radiance with their hearts pure and untouched by society's sadness and ignorance. Truly we are all capable of attaining that state, but humans seem to have sand covering their eyes...is global awakening possible? Is it worth living the life of a bodhisattva, like the Christ? Sometimes, I think it is too dangerous, humans seem to have a poison dart stuck in their hearts, which is so difficult to remove.

Paticcasamuppada, yes...easy to see if your eyes are fully open but still watching the mind and eliminating desire and purifying karma are the most difficult challenging goals in this noble path.

Anyway, what the civilisations of old have taught us can be summed to one single word: wisdom. Let's bring it back to the world!

Getting back on track to the original post.....

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v17/i2/civilizations.asp

I would be interested in what all of you Tao Bums have learned in your years of

living about prehistoric civilizations and how this modern world we live in

has been shaped by the far past?

Many technologies we have today may have existed in some form millennia ago.

Is it our pride that blinds us from believing the possibilities of advanced

prehistoric civilizations? I think so... we believe mistakenly because of the

technology we have surrounding us, that we are the pinnacle of an advanced

civilization and that there has never been anything like us before.

Hard to believe the vanity in such a mindset.

Getting back on track to the original post.....

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v17/i2/civilizations.asp

I would be interested in what all of you Tao Bums have learned in your years of

living about prehistoric civilizations and how this modern world we live in

has been shaped by the far past?

Many technologies we have today may have existed in some form millennia ago.

Is it our pride that blinds us from believing the possibilities of advanced

prehistoric civilizations? I think so... we believe mistakenly because of the

technology we have surrounding us, that we are the pinnacle of an advanced

civilization and that there has never been anything like us before.

Hard to believe the vanity in such a mindset.

Thanks for the link. Then I read (from it) "it is not surprising that science cannot find direct evidence of antediluvian civilizations, because the Bible says"

:blink:

Here's a fun one http://www.bibleufo.com/subjects.htm

I just get lost in the multitude of stories

I couldn't agree with this statement more. This is the essence of wu-wei, of which as a Buddhist you may not be familiar.

My remarks concerning the compatibility of Taoism with Buddhism does not come from not studying the concepts of Taoism. Yes, I know what wu-wei is. :lol: Both conceptually and experientially.

It is through not-knowing and elimination of character defects, ego, and the daily internalization and usage of what we have learned through the left-brain endeavors. Once this state is realized, it is as though we are blind men walking through life in a sense, making no judgments; merely letting life be the teacher. This is self-realization. This is when we can finally transcend form into formlessness, a return to the Tao. The intellectual urge has been transcended.

There is deeper. You are referencing merely a stage in development, omniscience has yet to dawn fully.

There has to be balance, not just living from the right brain, as if there were no truth to structure. :lol:

Though... we are just speaking words (structures), up for personal interpretation, and we could really be saying the same thing. -_-

Thanks for the link. Then I read (from it) "it is not surprising that science cannot find direct evidence of antediluvian civilizations, because the Bible says"

:blink:

Here's a fun one http://www.bibleufo.com/subjects.htm

I just get lost in the multitude of stories

Thanks Kate!

Cool site!

The history of the world and man is probably far stranger

then we could ever imagine.