TheJourney

How can time exist?

A space-time coordinate.

Only good for events needing cooperation.

Time and the concept of time is purely man-made.

Nature has no use of explaining the passing of NOW.

Time as a concept has no use, except to man.

Useful to us because we have a need to measure and

explain everything, as if quantifying something tells

us more about it.

Without the concept of time, all things would still flow.

Progression would continue.

The earth moves slowly, as all things are

accomplished with no effort, by nature.

peace!

Exactly why I spoke about non-linearity and really it's just motion, the activity of consciousness.

For a real explanation of nonlinear dynamics, albeit a simplistic one, read this.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Nonlinear_system

"Nonlinear problems are of interest to engineers, physicists and mathematicians because most physical systems are inherently nonlinear in nature. Nonlinear equations are difficult to solve and give rise to interesting phenomena such as chaos. The weather is famously chaotic, where simple changes in one part of the system produce complex effects throughout."

Then there's yogic experience.

If you meditate ralis and get into tandra, then nidri (sanskrit) a bit, where your awareness alights on subconscious structures in the form of images, feelings and basically the hidden baggage in your alayavijnana (past this one starts illuminating past lives) starts fluttering through unfiltered, in a non-linear, seemingly chaotic fashion, in a space of time that is not the usual measurement.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

If we are seated at the intersection, does that not imply a separate existence?

Maybe yin and yang? I absolutely don't know. I'm at the upper reaches of my mental capabilities here, at least for the moment....

Edited by manitou

Is the article saying anything close to this?

1. There is not an instant in time

2. within a moving physical process

3. where the relative position of a body in motion or magnitude

4. can be precisely determined

And because of this,

5. Time is possible (as it pertains to the above physical process)

6. because there is a necessary trade-off of all pertinent measurements of time and space,

including relative position.

Is this inferring that time and space is fluid, like Ralis was saying earlier about being in flux? I keep picturing a dark vortex with things rising into visibility and then disappearing as they are about to go over the edge. My vortex seems to have an edge at the bottom, like a huge waterfall plunging into the black.

"How can time exist?"

Because we either crave, or wish the end of craving for those that crave.

It's an endless and beginningless process, empty of inherent existence, but it's all relative.

Oh yeah!! Merry Christmas everyone!! Have a wonderful holiday season. :excl::wub:

Edited by Vajrahridaya

William Shakespeare:

"Time is very slow for those who wait.

Very fast for those who are scared.

Very long for those who grief

very short for those who celebrate.

But for those who love, time is eternal."

:)

Happy holiDAYS to one and all.... May peace, serenity and virtuous compassion fill your hearts always!

• Like 1

Kinda neat though that every one of everyone's posts to this forum has a date/time stamp on it though.

Sometimes we need to know who spoke first and who offered a follow-up.

Thanks for posting that interesting article, CowTao. It did stress my high school edjumication, but it seems to be saying that all time and space are ours. I often use that mantra when I'm running late for something....all time and space is mine. It's a sure-fire way to remove stress because you're not somewhere you think you should be.

William Shakespeare:

Happy holiDAYS to one and all.... May peace, serenity and virtuous compassion fill your hearts always!

That was a nice quote and well wishes CowTao :)B)

Om

We're stuck in time. Unless we move faster then light. Time does not understand the concept of future and past. These are the perception of your memories or perception of your realities. There is only a present where you are stuck in a certain movement and path within this 4th dimension. Only your speed can determine the way in which you travel trough the 4th dimension, time.

And time is a word for communication. A symbol that has a meaning which is relative to each person. I think this one speaks most to your initial definition of time where time was a the 4th dimension that could not exist because it had no past or future like we humans do. Perhaps the 4th dimension has got a 5th dimension, etc. Who knows.

Time has already been proven to exist in a way that people have already time traveled. Russian guy in satelite traveled extremely fast and had move few seconds back in time. This kinda seems like the time you were talking about.

No one know how external time exists, we can only guess where our perception of this time came from.

Edited by Everything

We're stuck in time. Unless we move faster then light. Time does not understand the concept of future and past. These are the perception of your memories or perception of your realities. There is only a present where you are stuck in a certain movement and path within this 4th dimension. Only your speed can determine the way in which you travel trough the 4th dimension, time.

And time is a word for communication. A symbol that has a meaning which is relative to each person. I think this one speaks most to your initial definition of time where time was a the 4th dimension that could not exist because it had no past or future like we humans do. Perhaps the 4th dimension has got a 5th dimension, etc. Who knows.

Time has already been proven to exist in a way that people have already time traveled. Russian guy in satelite traveled extremely fast and had move few seconds back in time. This kinda seems like the time you were talking about.

No one know how external time exists, we can only guess where our perception of this time came from.

As far as all this shit about higher dimensions you may be interested in hearing about all these channels that are supposedly coming from higher beings. May sound crazy but it seems possible to me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Komurosan

that's a channel with almost daily channels.

Edited by TheJourney

Reality is a combination of time and space. Matter represents the space, Waves represent the time. Any given moment in time there is motion. Motions involves going from "point a" to "point b." Well, what if all of this is simply the result of a motion of a wave. Time, how the wave is measured, traveled distance, meaning traveling space, merging the two together and creating our reality.

and what if our whole existence is simply one moment and for every moment of a life there is a whole separate reality. That is one soul. All of that exists for every soul. Each soul is a separate consciousness with whole other options for how all of the realities will be.

Edited by TheJourney

William Shakespeare:

Love the quote Cow Tao!

And returning to Taoist Philosophy, the only time of relavance is the 'now', the present moment. If we spend our 'now' moment in the past thinking about what might have been or worrying over what will be we are wasting away our 'now' moment and therefore wasting away our life.

We should live our every 'now' moment as if it will be our last. Well, kinda'. Hehehe.

• Like 1

And returning to Taoist Philosophy, the only time of relavance is the 'now', the present moment. If we spend our 'now' moment in the past thinking about what might have been or worrying over what will be we are wasting away our 'now' moment and therefore wasting away our life.

We should live our every 'now' moment as if it will be our last. Well, kinda'. Hehehe.

Hi MH!

I agree that this type of mindset is the key to living a happier

fuller, more content life.

Without the imposition of thinking on the past or future, we are

left to enjoy the sublime NOWness of what is happening as it happens.

When being fully in the now, there is nothing in your mind but what

is before you. It's insanely simple. What's hard is keeping our desires from

taking control and telling us what should be, or that something is not enough.

If we are able to be in the now, without judging, nor desiring , then we are

finally fully present. At that point it's all good because, there is nothing else.

Time sort of comes to a standstill, because there is only this Now.

Time is a measurement for the accounting of things as they pass.

Time is the progression of infinite Now's.

Time is a concept created by man to control what is beyond control.

It is a concept that is only used by man.

Nature knows only Now.

And needs nothing else.

Peace!

MH, That's a good way to put it...

Absolute power is in the 'now' moment and so is "enlightenment" for we will never be enlightened in some future time after eons of working on karma, etc., for ultimately we can only be enlightened or truly free in synchronization with the now moment. And even this now moment must get big enough to include all of the so-called past and future since they to only exist 'now' although they are seemingly or relatively circumscribed one way or another by limits of mind and memory identification traces. (thus and obviously a 3d time and space pov is not big enough for such!)

Om

... for ultimately we can only be enlightened or truly free in synchronization with the now moment. And even this now moment must get big enough to include all of the so-called past and future since they to only exist 'now' although they are seemingly or relatively circumscribed one way or another by limits of mind and memory identification traces. ...

Om

Yeah, that's the tricky part. I'm not there yet, of course. (But I try. Hehehe.)

Each soul is a separate consciousness with whole other options for how all of the realities will be.

I love this.

Or sometimes it seems like everyone is playing with a hula hoop and thinking that their way of learning the hula hoop is the only way to learn the hula hoop. But lo and behold, you look around and see that everyone else managed to learn the hula hoop too! And then the funny thing is that it turns out that all the hula hoops are made by the same company in Taiwan and in fact are made out of the very same blue plastic....

As far as all this shit about higher dimensions you may be interested in hearing about all these channels that are supposedly coming from higher beings. May sound crazy but it seems possible to me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Komurosan

that's a channel with almost daily channels.

As I said, we don't live in these higher dimensions of time, it is not part of our reality. Not yet atleast. The existance of such dimensions does not make all the crap on youtube more credible. Don't give up so easily on your current perceptions of reality just because so many realities are possible. Just learn to stay open to better and more positive realities in life. Go out, experience life. You can't go wrong if you give youtube your dong. Fek them.