3L3VAT3

Transmissions

Beautiful

I believe this may have inspired Joe Satriani

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

or Steve Vai! Steve fasted and prayed three days for this one take Please watch, please.

Sorry I can't watch this without weeping (Jesus wept)

If these don't work...

Jesus saves (Slayer)

Love it! I wrote the song "Sea of Light" after spending a couple of days on top of a mountain attending a Cherokee wailing ceremony and watching the medicine man call in the winds (yes he did). Sea of Light came to me the night I came home in dreamtime.

I think fear is the main reason most don't "bring it forward". And it can destroy because it is the part of us that is real; eventually it has to destroy the illusory you created by the brain/mind.

THIS!

To the guy asking about a buying a tranmission - Music is a form of transmission.

But to actually know what is happening, you got to play an instrument.

It's kinda like a car - you got to drive it to see if the transmission is working.

After you get it once though - you see it everywhere - Wolves Howl, the wind screams, storms have a beat, the moon tinkles, the sun sizzles and pops to jazz, mountain streams have mozart and beethoven's spirit and refuse to let them rest and all that is just a beggar's begining

"After you get it once though - you see it everywhere - Wolves Howl, the wind screams, storms have a beat, the moon tinkles, the sun sizzles and pops to jazz, mountain streams have mozart and beethoven's spirit and refuse to let them rest and all that is just a beggar's begining" JK

Alright! :D

There's different types of transmissions.

I was also taught (Buddhist) that there are three types of transmissions.

1) Written (so this board is a form of transmitting)

2) Oral

3) Passed directly from the teacher(energetic).

It seems that people only ever focuss on type 3 which causes confusion.

Transmission is just that - transmitting a teaching from one person to another.

...and that can be in written form (like a book), oral form (like a lecture and mantra), or enegetic.

So... high school is a form of transmission.

I'd like Shaktimama to throw in about KAP (because I know she does it :-))

Of course, that might not happen (yet) but I hope you would consider my request, in the spirit of "asking nicely" and open knowledge.

:)

we do it

students feel it and tell us it is beneficial

we teach others how to do it

:)

I was also taught (Buddhist) that there are three types of transmissions.

1) Written (so this board is a form of transmitting)

2) Oral

3) Passed directly from the teacher(energetic).

It seems that people only ever focuss on type 3 which causes confusion.

Transmission is just that - transmitting a teaching from one person to another.

...and that can be in written form (like a book), oral form (like a lecture and mantra), or enegetic.

So... high school is a form of transmission.

what he said :)

My apologies in advance:

I'm going to cut loose and say things how I really see them, here. Some of it will seem like I'm exagerating the good points; it's just how I see it, based on experience.

I'd like Trunk to throw in about Mark from Hardlight

Transmission is the forte of the Hard Light school. Mark is extremely advanced in this regard. It's the primary modality through which Mark learned: his primary teacher didn't speak much english... not only that, transmission is a classic very-old-school method of teaching & learning. Just frankly, imo, Mark is a Maha-Siddha and would be considered a very high end vajra master if he was in the Tibetan tradition.

Everyone feels something sitting with Mark. The issue used to be, "can you stand it?", some of the sitting sessions used to be just excruciating, there was so much light roaring through with such organized precision. It was like sitting quietly still while someone located bones that had mended incorrectly and broke and reset them for you. "Hard Light" was not just a figure of speech. In recent years he has softened the vibe, included more heart emphasis, partly - I think - in order to be easier on students so that they'd stay for the long run. He is capable of a great variety of internal gestures: it's not the same thing every time. There are cycles, rather long internal gestures, that are transmitted through the group that often go on for months... where very specific things are done, brought to fruition, and concluded, wrapped up. He does not just "blast away" with the Light (as I've seen some teachers do); there is variety, precision, and courses of action.

I've heard a certain very popular Tibetan author and teacher speak once to a large audience, and he talked about being with his teacher for some years and then sitting in a cave one day and asking about the nature of mind and the teacher looked at him and 'gave' him that experience (transmitted). It was talked about as a rare experience that occurred only after some years, and not frequently there after. Mark offers very high end transmissions, every week, every meeting, every special event, (and often in between classes) just for walking in the door (or for attending via streaming-over-the-internet technology).

I've studied with several high end teachers whose primary method was via transmission and this was my perpetual expression during the time I studied with Mark.

buckwheat2.jpg

The curriculum is very open in HardLight. You can really practice any method that you want to, believe anything you want to, come and go as you please without a hitch. The things that make you "part of the program" are that 1) you show up (either in person or streaming) and 2) that you include stillness meditation in your practices. There are lectures, and there are methods taught, but all of that is relatively unimportant to the internal teachings (transmissions). That's where the teaching occurs in the HL school. When I was there I knew of more than one advanced student who wouldn't even listen to Mark lecture, couldn't tell you what was said during a HL class, but just meditated the whole time immersed in the internals. It was deep immersion in the real curriculum of Hard Light. Again, it's the forte of this school and why I am promoting HL here.

There are a number of ways to taste-test HL. There are lots of free recorded talks often during which transmission occurs. (Though obviously it gets turned up and sustained during the silent meditations which are usually not in the offerred recordings.) A couple of my favorites are here and here (both mp3 files). There are loads of other good free audio mp3's at the HL site.

Also, there are youtube videos. The ones that I included in the previous discussion thread were pretty juicy, starting late in the 1st video and on into the 2nd. He doesn't have the Light 'turned on' (outward) all the time. Sometimes during sections of spoken lecture, all the time during formal meditations.

There's also of course the structured study materials for sale at the Hard Light store, and the orientation of those is more towards theory and method. Some of the theory and methods are good but, frankly, it's hit and miss. I sometimes learn a few really useful things but at least as often I find the methods beyond my scope or assuming abilities that I don't have or extremely advanced detailed technicalities. There's been a lot of work to improve this aspect of the school and it is improving, but the real pile o' diamonds of this school is the internal teachings.

Then there's the opportunity for streaming participation in the Hard Light intensives and other special events. I'm promoting those by starting up discussion threads w/ HardLight videos a week or two prior to each HL special event, such as the one I recently posted. Personally I think, especially for www e-crowd, that the streaming opportunity is really really cool. B) And, based on a success from last intensive (and based on the experiences I've had via audio & video), yes, it does work.

- Trunk

p.s.

There's generally between 30-50 people attending Hard Light classes, which is pretty astonishingly small. If you're in the LA area, it's an opportunity to sit regularly in an intimate setting with an extremely advanced being, with no barriers to entry. Relaxed open setting free from traditional trappings.

For the Hard Light streaming, I would need to sign up for the streaming, 108 dollar thing, give me directions on how to join up and watch?

Thanks Ya Mu, Shakti Mama and Trunk and everyone on this thread for your replies about transmissions (now called "Type 3" ;-) ?) Reminds me of a movie called "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" ;-)

Through KAP I learned I am a total "energy-work" amateur :wacko: and would probably do well to learn. If such things are "learnable" - which it sounds like they are.

Thoughts on what makes a "good" student of such things?

Thanks!

Kate

My apologies in advance:

I'm going to cut loose and say things how I really see them, here. Some of it will seem like I'm exagerating the good points; it's just how I see it, based on experience.

Transmission is the forte of the Hard Light school. Mark is extremely advanced in this regard. It's the primary modality through which Mark learned: his primary teacher didn't speak much english... not only that, transmission is a classic very-old-school method of teaching & learning. Just frankly, imo, Mark is a Maha-Siddha and would be considered a very high end vajra master if he was in the Tibetan tradition.

Everyone feels something sitting with Mark. The issue used to be, "can you stand it?", some of the sitting sessions used to be just excruciating, there was so much light roaring through with such organized precision. It was like sitting quietly still while someone located bones that had mended incorrectly and broke and reset them for you. "Hard Light" was not just a figure of speech. In recent years he has softened the vibe, included more heart emphasis, partly - I think - in order to be easier on students so that they'd stay for the long run. He is capable of a great variety of internal gestures: it's not the same thing every time. There are cycles, rather long internal gestures, that are transmitted through the group that often go on for months... where very specific things are done, brought to fruition, and concluded, wrapped up. He does not just "blast away" with the Light (as I've seen some teachers do); there is variety, precision, and courses of action.

I've heard a certain very popular Tibetan author and teacher speak once to a large audience, and he talked about being with his teacher for some years and then sitting in a cave one day and asking about the nature of mind and the teacher looked at him and 'gave' him that experience (transmitted). It was talked about as a rare experience that occurred only after some years, and not frequently there after. Mark offers very high end transmissions, every week, every meeting, every special event, (and often in between classes) just for walking in the door (or for attending via streaming-over-the-internet technology).

I've studied with several high end teachers whose primary method was via transmission and this was my perpetual expression during the time I studied with Mark.

buckwheat2.jpg

The curriculum is very open in HardLight. You can really practice any method that you want to, believe anything you want to, come and go as you please without a hitch. The things that make you "part of the program" are that 1) you show up (either in person or streaming) and 2) that you include stillness meditation in your practices. There are lectures, and there are methods taught, but all of that is relatively unimportant to the internal teachings (transmissions). That's where the teaching occurs in the HL school. When I was there I knew of more than one advanced student who wouldn't even listen to Mark lecture, couldn't tell you what was said during a HL class, but just meditated the whole time immersed in the internals. It was deep immersion in the real curriculum of Hard Light. Again, it's the forte of this school and why I am promoting HL here.

There are a number of ways to taste-test HL. There are lots of free recorded talks often during which transmission occurs. (Though obviously it gets turned up and sustained during the silent meditations which are usually not in the offerred recordings.) A couple of my favorites are here and here (both mp3 files). There are loads of other good free audio mp3's at the HL site.

Also, there are youtube videos. The ones that I included in the previous discussion thread were pretty juicy, starting late in the 1st video and on into the 2nd. He doesn't have the Light 'turned on' (outward) all the time. Sometimes during sections of spoken lecture, all the time during formal meditations.

There's also of course the structured study materials for sale at the Hard Light store, and the orientation of those is more towards theory and method. Some of the theory and methods are good but, frankly, it's hit and miss. I sometimes learn a few really useful things but at least as often I find the methods beyond my scope or assuming abilities that I don't have or extremely advanced detailed technicalities. There's been a lot of work to improve this aspect of the school and it is improving, but the real pile o' diamonds of this school is the internal teachings.

Then there's the opportunity for streaming participation in the Hard Light intensives and other special events. I'm promoting those by starting up discussion threads w/ HardLight videos a week or two prior to each HL special event, such as the one I recently posted. Personally I think, especially for www e-crowd, that the streaming opportunity is really really cool. B) And, based on a success from last intensive (and based on the experiences I've had via audio & video), yes, it does work.

- Trunk

p.s.

There's generally between 30-50 people attending Hard Light classes, which is pretty astonishingly small. If you're in the LA area, it's an opportunity to sit regularly in an intimate setting with an extremely advanced being, with no barriers to entry. Relaxed open setting free from traditional trappings.

Excellent post Trunk! A great deal of information there! I visited the site and saw parts of what you mentioned above. Thanks for sharing... btw are you an old gentleman cowboy? (as in the picture)

Om

Thanks Ya Mu, Shakti Mama and Trunk and everyone on this thread for your replies about transmissions (now called "Type 3" ;-) ?) Reminds me of a movie called "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" ;-)

Through KAP I learned I am a total "energy-work" amateur :wacko: and would probably do well to learn. If such things are "learnable" - which it sounds like they are.

Thanks!

Kate

"Thoughts on what makes a "good" student of such things?"

You already know Kate and have demonstrated so.

Om

So to sum up transmissions:

I. Mundane

1) Interactions within the 5 senses--including eating vegetables, listening to music, data from a page, etc.

2) Purely psychic/energetic--just some qi interactions to affect the etheric body, (unconscious psychic transmissions such as thinking of a girl you like)

3) Being in the world type. As in reacting to the planets energy fluctuations, magnetism, evolutionary vibes, morphic fields and the like.

II. Deliberately for Spiritual Evolution

1) Uncomplicated level or "dumb" qi emission for unblocking channels, chakras etc. From teachers, energy workers.

2)By a high level teacher.

a. meant to supply the seeds to rewire your qi body through further practises, or the actual rewiring completed on the spot.

b. meant to give a taste of what the high level is like (Apech7's resonance)

c. through a dream, or higher level of consciousness to supply meditation instructions

d. certain qi that is tucked inside photos or books

left by a high level teacher.

3) Higher being transmission. (Ascended elders, deities, Buddhas etc, with an actual presence)

a. recipient is unaware and if lucky can find out

b. recipient is aware, but no instructions, must figure out how to use to advantage.

c. recipient is aware and has instructions because its part of a school and facilitated by the master.

4)Nebulous inner mind type

a. from higher self/past future lives

b. metaphorical name for an evolutionary potential locked somwhere inside the mind (s)

Notes:

--effectiveness of transmission is often contingent upon the students receptivity, openness, spiritual level, karma, often described as "readiness"

It makes one wonder how many times a person has received a transmission but not known, what CANT be classified as a transmission. I start to see life like those films like the 9th gate, where the main character slowly figures out that the entire plot is revolving around himself but he didnt know it.

Edited by de_paradise

I don't know if you included the "resonance" type of transmission in that summary...was that the "higher being" one?

Also, passing along information psychically...that is probably included under number 3...but sometimes it may come from within and not from a teacher...

(including unconscious psychic transmissions such as thinking of a girl you like)

I meant something more along the lines of transmitting the proper technique of a practice, etc.

For instance if you are doing a visualization practice, a flash of insight can occur about the right way to do the visualization, as a result of being around the teacher.

and...

5) Resonance type. As in reacting to the planets energy fluctuations, magnetism, morphic fields and the like.

I meant resonance with a spiritual teacher's state, as apepch7 was talking about on the first page:

...It is more like a resonance effect whereby the consciousness of the teacher stimulates in the pupil a recognition of their own nature...

--------- Grace ---------

and surrender

Edited by 3bob

I am wondering if we haven't been a little too broad in what we count in as a transmission. Or perhaps I would like to say that there are transmissions which are about communicating an aspect of the mind/reality which is beyond words - that cannot be communicated verbally. This is not even an energy transmission as such - as in the projection of qi - but the communication of a realization about the true nature of things - or perhaps you might say an awaking of the such a state in the pupil by the master on a non-verbal level. This is often followed by a long period (i.e. years) of study and practice by the pupil in order to catch up with the core experience within themselves.

Everything else that has been mentioned is a transmission of a kind but I think what I have described above is of a different quality to other ones.

I am wondering if we haven't been a little too broad in what we count in as a transmission. Or perhaps I would like to say that there are transmissions which are about communicating an aspect of the mind/reality which is beyond words - that cannot be communicated verbally. This is not even an energy transmission as such - as in the projection of qi - but the communication of a realization about the true nature of things - or perhaps you might say an awaking of the such a state in the pupil by the master on a non-verbal level. This is often followed by a long period (i.e. years) of study and practice by the pupil in order to catch up with the core experience within themselves.

Everything else that has been mentioned is a transmission of a kind but I think what I have described above is of a different quality to other ones.

Its pretty abritrary to draw a line because very likely there is a blind evolutionary force behind any and every transmission, even if it seems like it was free will and deliberate from a master. And that Master could say that he is merely a figment of your imagination and he would be right. So who transmitted what to who?

Edited by de_paradise

Its pretty abritrary to draw a line because very likely there is a blind evolutionary force behind any and every transmission, even if it seems like it was free will and deliberate from a master. And that Master could say that he is merely a figment of your imagination and he would be right. So who transmitted what to who?

The person who knows transmits to the person who wants to know (?) - why make it more complicated than that.

What is this blind evolutionary force then? I know not of it.

"the main character slowly figures out that the entire plot is revolving around himself but he didnt know it."

THIS :wub:

Thanks!

Kate

Pretty simple. I consider any student that shows up to be a "good" student. They, instead of just reading a book, or talking about it, have gone to the trouble, time & effort, to attend class and learn the real thing. Really good!

And, in reference to what Trunk pointed out, a student really doesn't have to believe one single word I say. All they have to do is be open to acceptance of who they really are. The "believing" knowing comes about as a self-evident thing - not because I said so. THIS is transmitted to the student and via raising of the energy body vibration it becomes known.

• Like 1

Pretty simple. I consider any student that shows up to be a "good" student. They, instead of just reading a book, or talking about it, have gone to the trouble, time & effort, to attend class and learn the real thing. Really good!

And, in reference to what Trunk pointed out, a student really doesn't have to believe one single word I say. All they have to do is be open to acceptance of who they really are. The "believing" knowing comes about as a self-evident thing - not because I said so. THIS is transmitted to the student and via raising of the energy body vibration it becomes known.

yep..that's my experience. stop the talking, the discussing and do.

To me it's like gravity. How many people think of gravity at all in their daily lives. It is just a part of their lives. That's what chi and all it's manifestations, transmissions, etc. is like to me because its been a part of my life for years and years. When people want to know about it I am like, "wha?" :P Isn't it self evident?

For the Hard Light streaming, I would need to sign up for the streaming, 108 dollar thing, give me directions on how to join up and watch?

Go to the HardLight contact page and send them an e-mail via the form on that page. Say that you want to stream the San Francisco Meditation Intensive Saturday, May 15 and mention that you found out about here at TTBs (I don't get any $ or anything, just nice to let them know where you heard). If you want to double-contact them you can call 888 294 1072 as is shown at the very bottom left of the HL website. If you experience any delay (as the intensive is day after tomorrow) then pm me and I will do what I can to expedite.

- Trunk

p.s.

If you miss this one then look ahead on the HardLight calendar for future special, plus I will be posting similar HL-video-discussion-event-promo threads 1-2 weeks before events... at least for some little while (or until buzz builds a momentum of its own). :)

~ later edit ~

p.p.s.

Got a msg from management:

Just go to this page: http://www.hardlight.org/streaming-audio/streaming-membership.html

and sign up.

Then HL tech will send the email with confirmation and technical support.