That Guy

The Tao Bum Pai

It's a great job indeed, and I know he is your friend.... but...

I wouldn't be so sure...

I'm a nobody, but if I'll remake that website, many 'masters' will be out looking for a job...

And I think there are many others (not that many) that can do even better than me.

edit: or maybe I DO need a mouthful of humble pie... laugh.gif

There is always room for improvement so I'd say go for it!

Using primordial qigong (Winns version for example) as the core qigong is a very good idea IMO. It is quite unique in that it sets of the whole core alchemical process in a 15-20 min form. It also blends heaven and earth energy and energy from all directions, it opens the orbit and works a lot on the central channel, it also really grounds you and gives you a lot of good energy. It seems that using an alchemical system of meditation for thetaobum pai would be almost impossible because that would require agreeing on what that system would be and such systems would usually require a lot of guidance. So the core meditation would have to be a stillness/emptiness type of meditation like zen or vipassana or taoist stillness meditation etc. Daniel Ingrams instructions in his free ebook and the suport on technique through thedharamoverground is sufficent to progress well with vipassana without a live teacher. I know there is also a zen guy (monk i think) who daily guides people without access to live teachers through the internett. I don`t remember his name just that he does this and was kicked out from e-sangha. Hi is Soto Zen I think.

So if we presume that the core meditation will be one of those kinds of meditations and that there will be links to resources such as those mentioned to guide the person in that style of meditation then what is needed is a system of exercise, qigong, breathing, suporting meditation practices etc. that act as a physical and energetic base and suport for the meditation. Primordial qigong is superb for this because it sets of the whole alchemical process in just 15-20 min. What the form sets of will be nurtured further in the sitting meditation. If one has more time to practice one can practice it 4 times a day or maye more giving about an hour and 20 min of deep alchemical qigong on top of more general health directed stuff which should be more than sufficient. Several bums practice this form with great results and Dan Ferrera found it to be the most powerfull form after going through a bunch of systems and Winn also finds it more powerfull than any thing else he has tried. It can be learned from video without problems.

If then primordial qigong provides the core alchemy together with stillness medtiation the rest of the physical practices should aim first and foremost to create correct alignment of the body and provide basic stretching as oposed to creating massive amounts of chi without doing much for the physical health per se. One possibility would be to make a few possible suggested combos of stuff from warior welness and sonnon and intuflow etc. and combine that with some gentle dao yin stretches. Another option would be some basic qigong sets combined with some dao yin stretches. The point of the qigongs would be mainly physical alignment though and learning to center in and move from the dan tien.

Winn teaches to combines the inner smile with primordial qigong which one of the bums who did his workshop found very powerfull. Stigweard I think said he thought keeping a small smile and awareness of that smile 24/7 to be the key to alchemy. Maybe he would like to elaborate. As it is a toist meditation and very accessible for begginers and so easy to mix into everything and practice all day during other activities in breaks I think it could be a superb suporting meditation. It also has the advantage of being superb for the psyche. of smoothing out adverse effects of other pracitces, of alowing you to work on five element balance, of allowing you to work directly with each organ, gland, the intestines etc. or any localised block which is good to be able to do when you have a stillness meditation as your core meditation.

The Orbit CD from springforest seems to get very good feedback not only from Drew so it could be used as the main oribt opening practice. Winns qigong for opening the orbit in hundred days could be another if someone has actually practiced it and finds it to be good. What would be a good guidline in terms of time spent on other practices before the orbit is opened or for signposts in the practice of the other stuff that show it is a good time to start working more specifically on the orbit. Primordial qigong works very well on the central channel but if one wants a very direct practice to add some form of altenrate nostril breathing or nine bottle breath could be used.

10 min of dan tien breathing still has my vote as a core practice. So primordial qigong, inner smile, stillness medtaiton, dan tien breathing, qigong/something else to provide alignement and correct movement from the dan tien and some dao yin would be my suggestion. If time alows then Zhan Zhuang could be added on top of that.

As a suggestion for therapeutic things to lay a very good groundwork I would suggest cranio sacral therapy and structural integration acording to the anatomy trains principles and social engagement protocoll. That will get the whole bodies, and especially the spines, connective tissue in balance. Apparently saving you a couple of years time of adjustments in standing meditation etc in order to achieve the same. It also balances your chakras quite a lot, disolves a lot of tension and trauma, makes your body very well aligned and balances your fight of flight response. Chi nei tsang to sort out stuff in the belly and lower organs and karsai nei tsang if available to sort oout the genital are if these treatments are available. The book unwinding the belly is also very good to use for the same purpose. Doing these treatments early sorts out a lot of stuff, save you from a lot of pain and makes you advance much faster. Very good foundation. Just one trip to an acupuncturist to et your pulse taken and knowing the state of your organs could also be a very usefull suggestion in order to pinpoint organs to focus most on.

• Like 1

And who will take responsability for accidents that WILL CERTAINLY occur with practice?

What are the most important things to develop first? pick 5 and place them in order, your #1 choice gets 5 points #2 gets 4 #3 gets 3 and so on. Once we feel enough have put in the their opinion we can start suggesting exercises to improve those.

Example:

1. Meditation

2. chi circulation

3. exercise

4. visualisation

5. diet

Thats not official, just an example of what I'd like the masters of The Tao Bum Pai to do :)

EDIT: Good to see you Scotty :D

You made the first contribution to the systems practice needs, you will go down in history ;)

And also, feel free suggest different things from what I say, because this is our system, The Tao Bum Pai :D

1. Virtue

2. Living in tune with nature

3. Eliminating disturbances to the mind

4. Natural exercise and breathing

5. Internal alchemy

"If I just post what I know about tummo you guys can post some other cool power tools, and we'll just combine all the awesome techs into a system and see what happens! Then we can go over to figure out level 2, the part where we familiarize ourselves with what techniques are used for burning karma :)"

Good question.

This is the benefit of a wiki with "side" practices. Everyone can contribute because the techniques are harmless and there will be sharing of ideas and knowledge :wub::wub:

hello,

every practice has the potential of being harmful, not as much because of the practice, but because of the practicioner, not everything 'fits' to everyone, and many people start experimenting with adding or taking apart practices and using what they think it's best...

this is my main concern... the practices that 'work', have the potential of causing harm

L1

Add red phoenix with handstand Yoga asana, lmao!!! How about that scotty??? hehehe

Yeah, I like the Idea lets see what others think should be in there, I would like to add Sun Gazing as my choice this is a beautiful method found in all cultures and sometimes if not worshipped for a reason. Its power!

And connecting with the other 3 elements, air, water, earth as well ether!

Ape

Could you Please give some info on red phoenix with handstand Yoga asana! Thanks

Using Scottys contribution I've filled out an example below, but feel free to edit and add Scotty :)

Level 1

-First Goal-

Integrate energy with the body and purify yourself through fitness exercise.

Exercises and Effects:

- Hard martial arts training

>Improved health.

>Subdues the REALLY strong emotions that sometimes arise in life (for instance, sometimes you just need to punch something!). Without exercise, energy practices can be weak and also unsafe.

- Fitness exercises like running, push-ups, sit-ups.

> Improved health.

-Second Goal-

Energy Circulation

Exercises and Effects:

- Horse Stance (~45º angle) 5 minutes, building towards 15 minutes

> Circulates energy throughout the body

AHHAHAHAHAHA..second Goal.

Ahh.

HAhh hahh

as if horse stance isnt the very first stance you learn in martial arts what do you think martial arts is? ?

? a body without a head perhaps?

(Second! yes please do the martial training first. Sneer.)that makes *sense*

yes please do some martial arts first and THEN you can get down to the verryverry spiritual internal horse stance

my god

please go ahead and teach the world you must be ready

----------

Doing this correctly makes meditation work better, to the point where you just be yourself and meditation is happening naturally...otherwise it can just be an exercise of frustration and futile attempts at controlling the mind. So I think proper energy work is important.

Extra Curricular Activities

Activity: Light Meditation

Benefit : Calms the mind and gets you ready for deeper meditation in the future.

Previous Levels Step Up:

(we'll assume this is a level 2 change for the sake of example)

- In level 1 horse stance was 15 minutes, now work it up to 20 minutes.

Level Up Requirements:

-Jog for 20 minutes non-stop

- 50 sit-ups non-stop

- Hold Horse stance for 15 minutes

-----------------------------------------------------------

So if thats clear, lets prepare something like this for what we think Level 1 should be :) We'll see whats suggested most and then list all the suggested exercises.

Though I'm really much more looking forward to the higher levels, we gotta start from the bottom.

Edited by rain

your not thinking in the right direction. What we should is is the first internal power expo sponsored by the tao bums. IT could have demonstrations, seminars, and an overall meet and greet. I think it would be cool if we wore signs that had our screen names on it.

That would be so cool! I would go.

Ahh.

HAhh hahh

as if horse stance isnt the very first stance you learn in martial arts what do you think martial arts is? ?

yes please do some martial arts first and THEN you can get down to the verryverry spiritual internal horse stance

my god

"shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars"

Ahh.

HAhh hahh

my god

"shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars"

-

:)

is there some kind of information I missed giving you?

I sincerely hope you liked my present

sweet to the sweet

harsh to the idiots

Edited by rain

-

:)

is there some kind of information I missed giving you?

I sincerely hope you liked my present

sweet to the sweet

harsh to the idiots

whats your point exactly? just say it

whats your point exactly? just say it

I judged myself to be harsh with the first response.

I did give you information.

You are wrong with thinking that horse stance belongs in your second stage.

It was a gift from me to you.

I don't want you to think I am nice giving you something

you did not think so either :)

so I am very content

btw I cant be bothered with who said what continuum

I am answering your call

Edited by rain

I judged myself to be harsh with the first response.

I did give you information.

You are wrong with thinking that horse stance belongs in your second stage.

It was a gift from me to you.

I don't want you to think I am nice giving you something

you did not think so either :)

so I am very content

That was just an example format -__-;;

It wasn't what it would be, just the structure it could possibly follow...

But thank you for the information. Though right now I have other things in real life to take care of, so my part in this is in hiatus.

That was just an example format -__-;;

It wasn't what it would be, just the structure it could possibly follow...

But thank you for the information. Though right now I have other things in real life to take care of, so my part in this is in hiatus.

just ;)

Friend, most people will die after several days without any fluid, very dangerous, best not to recommend this. There was a young acetic who was watched (by skeptics) for 60 plus hours and took no fluid, it is somewhere around that point that organ failure can occur, so at least it has been recorded.

Fasting is actually the secret to advanced practice. You would have to study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" trans. by Charles Luk to understand this. Chunyi Lin did the 49 day fast taking no water, no food and no sleep - just full-lotus alchemy. I did the 8 day fast on just half glass of water and that's when my energy was strongest. Yogananda's book has more on this secret behind the "energy feasting" as it's sometimes called.