sean

Big Forum Upgrade

WHITE! Ahhh... yes, now we're talking! :-)

Yup! Yippeeeee! :lol:

Wide like this w/white background is a relief.

I like wide and white too. And as I'm the guy who actually lives here, that's appreciated.

I wouldn't worry about narrow monitors... I doubt many people have them, and even if they do, the avatars take up a lot of space that they can just shift to the right and it'll work fine.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I dug the dark but I also am really liking this white too... makes the different forum elements feel like they are floating now and the bright white puts me in a better mood. I expanded the width to 900 pixels which also obviously made a big difference ... should actually be fine unless someone is on a really old laptop.

Thanks again! It's cool to see so many people who actually care about design and how it effects them.

Sean

It's still wide for me. Brand new Dell computer.

Wide, like too wide? Do you have to use a bottom scroller to see the whole screen?

Just at work. At home it looks great.

But I probably don't need to be visiting my favorite internet sites at work anyway :lol:

hey Cam, btw I left Ken Cohen a message and told him if I didn't hear from him soon I'll just post it as is. But then I realized it's on my other computer so I have to figure out how to hook up the old one again with all these wires and cords and things so I can e-mail it to myself and get it on another computer. See all the complications of technology?

So Ken doesn't return your calls? I say just post it unless there is some really controversial stuff you need to ok first or something.

If you can find it again that is :huh:

LOL, he's returned all my calls before, but I bet he's out of town or hasn't looked at it or something. I will post it once I find it. I hate technology! Ken was right!! :lol:

So Ken doesn't return your calls? I say just post it unless there is some really controversial stuff you need to ok first or something.

If you can find it again that is :huh:

The pages are too wide for me to view properly. If I want to read the text without scrolling, then I cannot see the avatars and thus cannot tell who is writing without going back and forth. Most other pages also require scrolling sideways. My eyes are old. Please give us old guys a break. :-)

-Zenwind.

It doesn't make the text any bigger, but going to the Control Panel (if PC based) and making the screen resolution bigger should allow you to read things on screen w/out shifting.

You can use the opposite trick, lowering screen resolution to make for larger text.

Michael

It's not a big deal, but I am missing the 'forum' link at the top (along with blogs, gallery, live chat etc)... I'm now using the drop-down list at the bottom of the page, which is fine, but the forum link was pretty usefull...

Look at that turn-around time! Speedy Sean. On the ball. Put in a simple request. *BOOM* Done. Three months later. :D

Zenwind, could that be a screen resolution issue. Your screen resolution of say 800x600 is forcing a smaller picture window on the screen? If so maybe it could be solved by changing screen resolution in the PC Control Panel ??

Michael