Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Cat,

"Phoenix and dragon play" is the 2nd meditation taught in Chi kung for health vol.5 ( "five 90-second power meditations").

As Sifu Dunn just said it in this post , these are kind of advanced meditations and require that you have a foundational practice in the meditations taught in DVDs vol 1-4 but if you have a background in energetic practcies you may try them and see what results you get.

• Like 1

Master Dunn,

After reading this thread I think the flying phoenix is pretty cool.

There is a few questions.I wanted to ask.

1.) Do you accept bai shee? (indoor students)

2.) What is 10,000 buddhas (martial or medical) and do you teach it same question goes for 8 section combined?

3.) Does the fp have any weapons?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by thamosh

Master Dunn,

After reading this thread I think the flying phoenix is pretty cool.

There is a few questions.I wanted to ask.

1.) Do you accept bai shee? (indoor students)

2.) What is 10,000 buddhas (martial or medical) and do you teach it same question goes for 8 section combined?

3.) Does the fp have any weapons?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Thamosh,

Here are answers to your questions:

1.) No, I am not presently accepting indoor students. Not that I don’t want to but--because my present business obligations are so extremely time-consuming that I cannot teach more than I am presently teaching—at least for the next year. But down the road, the answer is "yes."

2.) 10,000 Buddhas Meditation is a high-level set of Qigong or health and martial power. There are 54 Meditations. Most of them moving mediations and most of them are standing. I do not teach this art to beginners--but only to my advanced students.

3.) I described 8 Sections of Energy Combined in the thread to Sifu Hearfield. It is a rare and legendary martial art that cultivates and delivers a martial energy that can be conducted through natural fibers such as wood and cloth. It is the skill that the director of the movie, "Once Upon A Time in China, Part 2" alluded to through some of Jet Li's scenes in which his character duels or fights with Donnie Yen's character.

4.) The FP Heavenly Healing Qigong system the way I was taught it does not have weapons. But within the White Tiger Kung Fu system, there are weapons forms that incorporate the name "Flying Phoenix". Sifu Hearfield knows an FP Sword set.

5.) No, no further news or developments re the 690 Meds. Tao Stillness has a copy, I recall, but I have not seen it. Having not seen it, I cannot tell if it's the same material that Sifu Hearfield showed me, which we both agreed was something purposely ginned up by GMDW to misdirect and we suspect “punish” some especially wayward student.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 2

Hello Thamosh,

Here are answers to your questions:

1.) No, I am not presently accepting indoor students. Not that I don’t want to but--because my present business obligations are so extremely time-consuming that I cannot teach more than I am presently teaching—at least for the next year. But down the road, the answer is "yes."

2.) 10,000 Buddhas Meditation is a high-level set of Qigong or health and martial power. There are 54 Meditations. Most of them moving mediations and most of them are standing. I do not teach this art to beginners--but only to my advanced students.

3.) I described 8 Sections of Energy Combined in the thread to Sifu Hearfield. It is a rare and legendary martial art that cultivates and delivers a martial energy that can be conducted through natural fibers such as wood and cloth. It is the skill that the director of the movie, "Once Upon A Time in China, Part 2" alluded to through some of Jet Li's scenes in which his character duels or fights with Donnie Yen's character.

4.) The FP Heavenly Healing Qigong system the way I was taught it does not have weapons. But within the White Tiger Kung Fu system, there are weapons forms that incorporate the name "Flying Phoenix". Sifu Hearfield knows an FP Sword set.

5.) No, no further news or developments re the 690 Meds. Tao Stillness has a copy, I recall, but I have not seen it. Having not seen it, I cannot tell if it's the same material that Sifu Hearfield showed me, which we both agreed was something purposely ginned up by GMDW to misdirect and we suspect “punish” some especially wayward student.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you for the reply. :)

Hello Thamosh,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sifu Terry Dunn

That is very interesting.

I use to take contemporary wushu. An I remember my coach telling me that "you can tell if a wushu master has power in his weapons by the amount of wind you can feel from his usage of it." An he grabbed the short staff from me and there was a world of difference between his usage of it and my usage and as soon as he grabbed it I heard the wind from it even from small movements. I also asked him why do modern wushu masters use weapons? He told me part of it is to keep up the tradition, for physical exercise, and that weapons gives us a chance to further express and refine the li and ging.

So from your reply on the 8 sections combined I can tell that it would lead to high level refinement of the li and ging of the practitioner.

My question about the FP weapons was to see if you teach FP not only as a medical qigong but also as a martial art.

Being such a gong fu enthusiast I was wondering if there was a FP fist and what it would look like.

Sorry for all the questions im just trying to get a handle on this.

Im going thru my own legal battle as well as I built a dot.com and got the company profitable and then was removed from the project.

• Like 1

I use to take contemporary wushu. An I remember my coach telling me that "you can tell if a wushu master has power in his weapons by the amount of wind you can feel from his usage of it." An he grabbed the short staff from me and there was a world of difference between his usage of it and my usage and as soon as he grabbed it I heard the wind from it even from small movements. I also asked him why do modern wushu masters use weapons? He told me part of it is to keep up the tradition, for physical exercise, and that weapons gives us a chance to further express and refine the li and ging.

So from your reply on the 8 sections combined I can tell that it would lead to high level refinement of the li and ging of the practitioner.

My question about the FP weapons was to see if you teach FP not only as a medical qigong but also as a martial art.

Being such a gong fu enthusiast I was wondering if there was a FP fist and what it would look like.

Im going thru my own legal battle as well as I built a dot.com and got the company profitable and then was removed from the project.

To Flying Phoenix Chi Kung practitioners:

Last Saturday, February 15, was a milestone in my teaching of FP Chi Kung, for I taught one of the three most powerful advanced healing meditations to one of my Los Angeles students who has been with me for 6 years. This is the first time since I learned them from GM Doo Wai in 1992, that I have taught to anyone any of these 3 most advanced (standing) healing meditations. And it came quite spontaneously out of me--and was a complete surprise to my student . The Spirit just said to me that "it's time." They are what I call "supercharger" meditations, for they create the superabundance of healing FP Healing Energy--such that the Healing Energy will spontaneously "jump-off" of the FP practitioner onto any person in his/her proximity who needs healing and for whom the practitioner has the slightest positive regard. While healing energy is healing energy, this Yoga happens to be so powerful that if practiced at its requisite minimum: daily for a minimum of three months, the FP practitioner, if his Fu is strong (Fu as in Kung Fu), can punch through any iron body, iron-shirt defense of any system, including that of our own in Bok Fu Pai. (This exercise and the like, of course, will never be published on any media, and will be continued to be transmitted from master to student, from one generation to the next, as all real secrets of kung fu will continue to be preserved).

So brush up on all the FP Meditations that you've skipped. Master them all. They form a crown of health, well-being, and spiritual consciousness that will ultimately help you clean karma and extend longevity (--not that cleaning karma and living longer are necessarily interlinked--they can be totally independent processes). Later, to those who are called by the Art, the crown jewels are given.

As Tao Stillness so kindly pointed out in his extensive Qigong DVD survey a couple of days ago, there is nothing published in the Qigong genre (other than Sifu Hearfield's Sunn Yi Gong and Sifu Jenny Lamb's Yi Gung, as far as I know, that is close to a complete system, that imparts verifiable and repeatable rejuvenating benefits, or has the totally transformative and verifiable healing power of the Flying Phoenix Qigong. I am interested in seeing the Wudangshan-originated Qigong exercises that Steve mentioned, for I am friends with an excellent Wudang Tai Chi and Kung Fu instructor here in Los Angeles, Sifu Steve Leigh, who makes frequent trips to Wudang to train with several masters there. [bTW, 'sorry if there are other legitimate and valuable Qigong systems out there... if I do not acknowledge your Art, it is because I am unaware of it, not disrespecting it!!]

Sifu Terry Dunn

Hey Thamosh,

Here is a discussion, where Sifu Terry evoked the FP fist as you mentioned it.

Best,

Aurélien

I just want readers to know that the 690 AD dvd of Grandmaster Doo Wai that I have is not from the same source that other people mentioned on this site have seen. There is a bogus version out there and I will not mention the name of the person who distributes such things as the Grand Master was not fond of him as many of you know since you have seen GM Doo Wai's YouTube video rebuking this person who distributes some of his videos.

• Like 2

Hi Thamosh,

My responses to your statements and questions are below in blue:

as soon as he grabbed it I heard the wind from it even from small movements.

Yes, that the type of sound made by his weapons work--made by even small or tiny movements--is a sign of a kung fu master.

If you practice punching from a good distance at a lit candle for enough years--which is a training exercise I favor and strongly advocate, and have practiced myself for 40 yrs, btw-- you will know that the sound of the "wind" made by a kung fu master's chuan fa (i.e., hands) is not the wind. It is the chi.

He told me part of it is to keep up the tradition, for physical exercise, and that weapons gives us a chance to further express and refine the li and ging.

That is true in all traditional kung fu systems. And especially in the "internal schools". In Tai Chi Chuan, sword practice is said to cause the chi to permeate the bone marrow with profound transformative effects.

As stated in Year One of this thread when I described "8 Sections Combined" to Sifu Hearfield, this art consists of 8 very elaborate internal kung fu forms and a complete body of preparatory exercises and 5 neikung exercises. Each of the 8 Sections cultivates a different type of jing, or ging. The first and the seventh Sections cultivate the Li as well. the rest in my opinion, cultivate a martial chi.

I only teaching the FP Chi Kung as a pure healing art. I am still practicing the Advanced FP Meditations as a martial art. When I feel I have mastered it sufficiently, or when GM Doo Wai, Chinese physical culture, or the Universe acknowledges that I have attained mastery, I may start teaching the FP martial art. But the FP Healing Art is incredibly advanced and sophisticated--even though I refer to it as a "basic level" relative to all other Qigong systems that have the name, "Flying Phoenix."

"The FP fist" or FP martiala art starts with 9 Advanced standing FP Meditations. The energy generated from this level of FP training builds upon the basic level of the healng Qigong exercises (in Volumes 1-5, and 7), but it is a completely different flavor of energy that definitely martial in nature and function. Sifu Hearfield and I, when we first saw the Advanced FP Meditations, we both agreed that it was a "spiritual martial art" or "san da" system. As I said many times on this thread, the FP Healing energy cultivated by the "basic level" as taught on my Chi Kung For Health dvd series, is a pure healing energy-light, sublime, penetrating, tangible, with a visible light-but-deep-blue (<<--almost like this) color, and that spontaneously targets disease, illness and energy weakness on its own--that cannot be used for martil art.

No problem, I don't mind describing the major difference between the "basic level" of FP Qigong which cultivates a complete and purely healing energy, and the Advanced FP Qigong system that is a spiritual martial art.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you had a good contract in place when this happened and that you have legal recourse. If you do have recourse, I hope you can get a very good lawyer.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

Hi Thamosh,

My responses to your statements and questions are below in blue:

as soon as he grabbed it I heard the wind from it even from small movements.

Yes, that the type of sound made by his weapons work--made by even small or tiny movements--is a sign of a kung fu master.

If you practice punching from a good distance at a lit candle for enough years--which is a training exercise I favor and strongly advocate, and have practiced myself for 40 yrs, btw-- you will know that the sound of the "wind" made by a kung fu master's chuan fa (i.e., hands) is not the wind. It is the chi.

He told me part of it is to keep up the tradition, for physical exercise, and that weapons gives us a chance to further express and refine the li and ging.

That is true in all traditional kung fu systems. And especially in the "internal schools". In Tai Chi Chuan, sword practice is said to cause the chi to permeate the bone marrow with profound transformative effects.

As stated in Year One of this thread when I described "8 Sections Combined" to Sifu Hearfield, this art consists of 8 very elaborate internal kung fu forms and a complete body of preparatory exercises and 5 neikung exercises. Each of the 8 Sections cultivates a different type of jing, or ging. The first and the seventh Sections cultivate the Li as well. the rest in my opinion, cultivate a martial chi.

I only teaching the FP Chi Kung as a pure healing art. I am still practicing the Advanced FP Meditations as a martial art. When I feel I have mastered it sufficiently, or when GM Doo Wai, Chinese physical culture, or the Universe acknowledges that I have attained mastery, I may start teaching the FP martial art. But the FP Healing Art is incredibly advanced and sophisticated--even though I refer to it as a "basic level" relative to all other Qigong systems that have the name, "Flying Phoenix."

"The FP fist" or FP martiala art starts with 9 Advanced standing FP Meditations. The energy generated from this level of FP training builds upon the basic level of the healng Qigong exercises (in Volumes 1-5, and 7), but it is a completely different flavor of energy that definitely martial in nature and function. Sifu Hearfield and I, when we first saw the Advanced FP Meditations, we both agreed that it was a "spiritual martial art" or "san da" system. As I said many times on this thread, the FP Healing energy cultivated by the "basic level" as taught on my Chi Kung For Health dvd series, is a pure healing energy-light, sublime, penetrating, tangible, with a visible light-but-deep-blue (<<--almost like this) color, and that spontaneously targets disease, illness and energy weakness on its own--that cannot be used for martil art.

No problem, I don't mind describing the major difference between the "basic level" of FP Qigong which cultivates a complete and purely healing energy, and the Advanced FP Qigong system that is a spiritual martial art.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you had a good contract in place when this happened and that you have legal recourse. If you do have recourse, I hope you can get a very good lawyer.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you for your response.

This is a belated post: Last Saturday, after teaching my regular public Tai Chi class, I practiced the following sequence of meditations at the same location--and attained a level of allostasis accompanied by an altered state of consciousness of mental quiescence and oneness-of-energy-being that I had never attained before:

1. Tao Tan Pai 5 Dragons meditation (40 min.)

2. Red Lotus Flying Phoenix seated meditation No.1

3. the 22-movement Flying Phoenix seated meditation (the longest of the Monk Serves Wine series)

4. Monk Serves Wine No.2 (50 40 30 10) full set of 7 repetitions (Vol.2).

5. An advanced and unpublished Monk Serves Wine seated meditation with breathing sequence 70 50 40 30 20 10 (7 reps)

6. Another advanced and unpublished MSW seated meditation with breathing sequence 50 60 80 10, which begins with a massaging of the abdomen with the palms, alternating left and right four times.

This is to encourage and motivate all practitioners who have been doing the system for 2 years or longer to cover all the Flying Phoenix Qigong materials in "Level One" as taught on the DVD series--by letting all know that there is much, much more beyond what I teach in the DVD series--and to discourage all from limiting themselves to their "favorite" exercises. For with persevering practice, all the FP Qigong exercises become favorites. In other words, let's get on with!!!

I'm still waiting to read about and then see--either in person or through online Skype/Facetime sessions--practitioners reporting the progressive effects and benefits of "Moonbeam Splashes on Water" and the Standing Long Form Meditation of Volume 4 ("FPHHCM").

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Hey there, I hope you are all well :),

I have a question about the FP Training Schedule. Right now I am at the last week of the exercises 1+2+3. Should I practice only the new exercise #4 for the following 2 weeks, or do I exchange exercise #1 with #4? I am asking because according to the schedule I would have practiced exercise #1 for the longest total time in relation to all the others... I hope you know what I mean :)

Sifu Terry, maybe I am not yet seeing the real deep blue Flying Phoenix light as I thought I would. The light which I am seeing while practicing standing exercise #1 is a more light blue for me... Kind of like this. Maybe it isn't important at all, but I am just curious about it... Also I saw this light around my hand one time, but at a time where I didn't know of FP yet. So I think it maybe isn't the FP healing energy...

Thank you and greetings!

Julian

Edited by Joolian
  • Like 1

Hey there, I hope you are all well :),

I have a question about the FP Training Schedule. Right now I am at the last week of the exercises 1+2+3. Should I practice only the new exercise #4 for the following 2 weeks, or do I exchange exercise #1 with #4? I am asking because according to the schedule I would have practiced exercise #1 for the longest total time in relation to all the others... I hope you know what I mean :)

Sifu Terry, maybe I am not yet seeing the real deep blue Flying Phoenix light as I thought I would. The light which I am seeing while practicing standing exercise #1 is a more light blue for me... Kind of like this. Maybe it isn't important at all, but I am just curious about it... Also I saw this light around my hand one time, but at a time where I didn't know of FP yet. So I think it maybe isn't the FP healing energy...

Thank you and greetings!

Julian

Hi Julian,

I understand your question. Answer: It depends if you have the time to do all four--or all three--each day. If you have time, sub out one of the first 3 meditations you've been doing with the No.4 Med. If you have the additional time, just add No.4 and then No.5 without substituting out any of the first 3. You can also shorten the time that you practice each of the first 3 since you've been doing them for a good requisite duration in order to add the fourth meditation.

Great that you are seeing the blue light. That is an excellent effect for a beginner. Yes, when one first perceives it, the FP Healing Energy is a bright, light, almost flourescent blue. I cannot speak for anyone else, but based on seeing my own aura during FP practice over the years and based on how friends and loved ones saw it on me, and according to how I saw it in GM Doo Wai's aura on a regular basis when I was training with him, the light blue energy darkens or rather deepens gradually over years of practice. As I said early on in the thread, the brightness of the blue is like that of the blue seen in of some the icons on some car dashboards at night. And that light can be seen to transfer to others in a flash during acts of healing and other compassionate actions. That is the fun and "magickal" part of working with the FP Energy. And yes, what you are seeing is most definitely the FP healing energy. There is no other Yoga that I know of or have heard of that cultivates this color of visible energy. And for that matter, not too many Yogas--at least taught here commercially in the U.S.--create a visible anything. That bright blue is seen in a lot of Tibetan art and in some Chinese and Indian spiritual artworks, right?

Good job. You're doing great, Julian! Keep us posted of your progress!

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Hi Julian,

I understand your question. Answer: It depends if you have the time to do all four--or all three--each day. If you have time, sub out one of the first 3 meditations you've been doing with the No.4 Med. If you have the additional time, just add No.4 and then No.5 without substituting out any of the first 3. You can also shorten the time that you practice each of the first 3 since you've been doing them for a good requisite duration in order to add the fourth meditation.

Great that you are seeing the blue light. That is an excellent effect for a beginner. Yes, when one first perceives it, the FP Healing Energy is a bright, light, almost flourescent blue. I cannot speak for anyone else, but based on seeing my own aura during FP practice over the years and based on how friends and loved ones saw it on me, and according to how I saw it in GM Doo Wai's aura on a regular basis when I was training with him, the light blue energy darkens or rather deepens gradually over years of practice. As I said early on in the thread, the brightness of the blue is like that of the blue seen in of some the icons on some car dashboards at night. And that light can be seen to transfer to others in a flash during acts of healing and other compassionate actions. That is the fun and "magickal" part of working with the FP Energy. And yes, what you are seeing is most definitely the FP healing energy. There is no other Yoga that I know of or have heard of that cultivates this color of visible energy. And for that matter, not too many Yogas--at least taught here commercially in the U.S.--create a visible anything. That bright blue is seen in a lot of Tibetan art and in some Chinese and Indian spiritual artworks, right?

Good job. You're doing great, Julian! Keep us posted of your progress!

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Hi Sifu Terry,

thank you very much for your answers! That has been helpful to me. I always enjoy reading your posts :)

Maybe I will substitute exercise #1 for the new one, because I don't have the time to do 4 exercises in the morning...But first I have to work on my morning sluggishness/sleepiness - because of it I do catch myself cutting the practice time down to 6 minutes per exercise :/ ... Should I first extend the practice time to a greater amount of time before learning a new exercise?

And, do I understand this correctly, that at some point in time others (non-practicioners) could also see my light?

Best,

Julian

Hi Sifu Terry,

thank you very much for your answers! That has been helpful to me. I always enjoy reading your posts :)

Maybe I will substitute exercise #1 for the new one, because I don't have the time to do 4 exercises in the morning...But first I have to work on my morning sluggishness/sleepiness - because of it I do catch myself cutting the practice time down to 6 minutes per exercise :/ ... Should I first extend the practice time to a greater amount of time before learning a new exercise?

And, do I understand this correctly, that at some point in time others (non-practicioners) could also see my light?

Best,

Julian

Hi Julian,

You're welcome. It's totally up to you how much time you commit to practicing the FP Meditations. Just remember the energizing and healing effects are cumulative with all the exercises in the system. As long as you get to cover all of them and practice enough to establish them so as to know each one's specific effects, you'll derive maximum benefit from the FP Qigong System.

Yes, non-practitioners can see the visible blue FP healing energy at various times. But not all people and not under all circumstances. From my experience, others are most likely to see the blue aura around a practitioner during his/her FP practice or in the hours following it. When one has mastered the FPCK system like GMDoo Wai, one will see the blue aura anytime the person practices an FP Meditation or does healing work. For beginners, whether others see the FP Energy depends on your level of energy cultivation and awareness, and what you are doing. I've described at various points in the thread that friends have not only seen the FP energy as a blue aura around me, but also experienced a spontaneous transfer of the FP energy from my body to their body accompanied by them literally seeing the blue FP energy within one of their psychic centers (e.g., the third eye). But such occasions, I believe, are unpredictable. They just happen with certain people.

Good practicing!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

This is a belated post: Last Saturday, after teaching my regular public Tai Chi class, I practiced the following sequence of meditations at the same location--and attained a level of allostasis accompanied by an altered state of consciousness of mental quiescence and oneness-of-energy-being that I had never attained before:

1. Tao Tan Pai 5 Dragons meditation (40 min.)

2. Red Lotus Flying Phoenix seated meditation No.1

3. the 22-movement Flying Phoenix seated meditation (the longest of the Monk Serves Wine series)

4. Monk Serves Wine No.2 (50 40 30 10) full set of 7 repetitions (Vol.2).

5. An advanced and unpublished Monk Serves Wine seated meditation with breathing sequence 70 50 40 30 20 10 (7 reps)

6. Another advanced and unpublished MSW seated meditation with breathing sequence 50 60 80 10, which begins with a massaging of the abdomen with the palms, alternating left and right four times.

This is to encourage and motivate all practitioners who have been doing the system for 2 years or longer to cover all the Flying Phoenix Qigong materials in "Level One" as taught on the DVD series--by letting all know that there is much, much more beyond what I teach in the DVD series--and to discourage all from limiting themselves to their "favorite" exercises. For with persevering practice, all the FP Qigong exercises become favorites. In other words, let's get on with!!!

I'm still waiting to read about and then see--either in person or through online Skype/Facetime sessions--practitioners reporting the progressive effects and benefits of "Moonbeam Splashes on Water" and the Standing Long Form Meditation of Volume 4 ("FPHHCM").

Sifu Terry Dunn

Hello sifu Terry,

A little recap of my practice story first: I've started practicing FPCK on first week of June 2013, following the training schedule suggested here http://www.taichimania.com/trainingschedule.html.

I've tried the best as I can keep a steady daily practice.

Then on December 2013 I've started my actual routine composed by 18 repetitions of BTB and MSW2 (I was, and still am :P , unable to perceive the differences between the various meditations, so actually I've chose the first two that comes to mind).

Today I think I am far from mastering those two meditations.. no unmistakable sign of FP energy, but:

- Now I don't hear any more the increase in my hearbeat during BTB (maybe it was caused by first attempts to maintain a lower horse stance, physical strain),

- I still get some quieting of the mind (actually my mind get quite agitated during practice, the quieting comes after my session)

- And of course tingling

1. So, reading your post my mind tricks on me and questions arises:

Are the FP meditations complementary? Is it possible that one can't advance in mastering one meditation without practicing the others?

Is it only my mind that tries to convince me I'm not improving?

2. Technical question now, In MSW when we extend the arms out to the front, the hands forms a 90° angle with the arms. Looking at the video of the FP long form on DVD4 before placing the hands in the monk gazing at moon position we extend the arms as before but this time the hands forms a bigger angle, more like 150°... am I getting it right?

Edited by pitisukha

Master Dunn,

I was reading this thread and came across something you said about the sun and bak fu pai kung fu? Does the FP work with or affected by the sunlight and or sun positions?

Also I remember being told by my previous kung fu teacher that the color blue wards off negative entities does the energy of FP do the same or something similar?

Hello guys,

I just learned today Moonbeam splashes on water, and what a powerful meditation it seems to be, seriously I feel like that doing a round of this meditation daily could replace all the other meditations from DVD1 and 2 in the amount of energy generated, of course I know they are all complementary working differently on different parts of our body, but for the energy, definitely if I had to pick one from the DVD1 to 3 it would be this one. It's a bit complicated to learn it, but it's clearly worth it, I can't wait for tomorrow to do it again, and learn Wind through tree tops too

Aurélien

• Like 2

In his book "Mindfullness, Bliss and Beyond", Ajahn Brahm describe "Nimittas", showing up after a certain stage in mindfullness meditation, which are basically mental images appearing before the "Jhanas" which are stages of deep deep meditation.

FPCK meditations activate mental images which may or not be like Nimittas,

Me staying in the "perceiver" mode in FPCK, they arise at most 15 minutes within the practice. After I end the meds with the breathing, the physical sensation of radiating do stop, but these images linger on, and each practice tends to have a different image, color tone and feeling. Nowadays, I experiment in being still right after the practice by staying with these images and feelings as long as I feel safe, and they are really blissful and powerful. One of the challenges is withdrawing of my all senses and surrender as these images again start the physical enamations, which I afraid will burn something if I let go completely in my unpure state, otherwise I would stay in this mode forever :)

I did not experience a true Nimitta as I am not doing "Mindfullness Med" by the book to compare.

Anybody have any comment/experience on this?

If they are "Nimittas" , you reach them in a very short period in comparison to classic meditations, so this is another awesome property of the FPCK series for the spiritually inclined.

My sincere gratitudes to Sifu Terry and all other Sifus

(Also to this Forum and Fu Doggy for starting this thread and fellow threaders)

Best to all.

• Like 2

Hi folks,

I'm coming to this thread late, but have been practicing FP since January. I started with volume 1 and 2 together, and then just recently started working on volume 3. I'm still too new at it to say what effects I have noticed with certainty, but the "effects" are there. I feel there is a tangible energy felt almost right away. (as opposed to some forms that seem to take a while before you feel anything).

That's all for now, I just wanted to touch base and i will post a couple of email exchanges I had with Terry before I found this forum.

THanks for reading

• Like 1

Hi folks,

I'm coming to this thread late, but have been practicing FP since January. I started with volume 1 and 2 together, and then just recently started working on volume 3. I'm still too new at it to say what effects I have noticed with certainty, but the "effects" are there. I feel there is a tangible energy felt almost right away. (as opposed to some forms that seem to take a while before you feel anything).

That's all for now, I just wanted to touch base and i will post a couple of email exchanges I had with Terry before I found this forum.

THanks for reading

Hello Fudomyosti,

Welcome to the FP Chi Kung thread. Glad you're feeling definite energy effects (however vague) with your 3+ months of practice. The FP Chi Kung's energy effects will become clearer more pronounced and detailed in terms of parts of the body affected.

I can't recall when we had an email exchange. But I look forward to being reminded.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn