Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

I just read the introduction page to Flying Phoenix Qigong on Sifu Terry's site again and it's really a wonderful read. I felt inspired to share it once more.

Here is an excerpt:

"The sublime and salient benefits of Flying Phoenix practice are repeatable and verifiable, and makes this Qigong method as much a proven science as it is a yogic art. Regular practice of just 15 to 20 minutes per day creates a super-abundance of the distinctive (and unmistakable) Flying Phoenix healing energy (qi) that besides inducing the deepest calm, comfort and relaxation on a cellular level, also transforms human consciousness by integrating mind and body to such a high level of "structural sensitivity" that physical existence can be experienced as an energy process continuous with all life. For thousands of years in Asian and Near Eastern cultures, high yogas such as the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditations have been used to promote perfect health in the process of conditioning and empowering the practitioner to maintain this samadhic state--and experience the ever-present reality of union within form."

Read the whole article here

Enjoy :)

Edited by zenyogi
  • Like 1

just want to say that after a lot of time I've resumed practicing Moonbeam Splashes on Water...

Actually it was the less practiced meditation for me till now. (I've studied the DVD1-2-3-4).

At present it feels sublime and give me a sense of kindness and gentleness, as the name suggest.

I think it will be my favorite one for sometime...

I've noticed cycles of "meditations effectiveness" (or at least effects evident to me) over time, anyone with this experience?

• Like 4

Moonbeam Splashes on the Water is a very enjoyable meditation and seems to couple nicely prior to the Advanced Long Form from Vol 4. One of my favourites. ;)

• Like 2

Yes, I also have had the same experience. Seems that forms that I didn't appreciate much earlier now have a greater effect. I have gone back to Volume One on several occasions and noticed effects I did not experience before.

and yes, the more I do the long form the better and more long lasting the effects.

Lately doing long form, then a couple of the seated from vol. 7, then if time both standing from vol. 3.

in the evening doing long form again....still having lucid dreams

• Like 4

Moonbeam Splashes on the Water is a very enjoyable meditation and seems to couple nicely prior to the Advanced Long Form from Vol 4. One of my favourites. ;)

Hi Rob,

Glad to hear that you like Moonbeam Splashes on Water and also discovered that it pairs nicely with the Vol.4 Long Form Meditation. It certain does. It offers nice conditioning in many respects that makes the Vol.4 Long Form Meditation that much easier to do and that much more enjoyable. But it also develops outstanding evasion reflex skills for martial arts. If practiced perseveringly, Moonbeam's lessons are very powerful and profoundly practical. To use the boxing term, it helps you get "weaved out."

Enjoy!

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

I have been thinking a lot lately about the pure spiritual side of Qigong, how it can help purify the mind and reach higher states of consciousness. Before it has mentioned that this certainly happens through Flying Phoenix Qigong and many have experienced that as well.

Anyone wants to elaborate on that more or share their thoughts and experiences with this?

• Like 2

Hello Everyone,

I have been thinking a lot lately about the pure spiritual side of Qigong, how it can help purify the mind and reach higher states of consciousness. Before it has mentioned that this certainly happens through Flying Phoenix Qigong and many have experienced that as well.

Anyone wants to elaborate on that more or share their thoughts and experiences with this?

Hi Ben,

You had posted this at the top of this page, which is one of my more succinct elaborations:

...high yogas like Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditations have been used to promote perfect health in the process of conditioning and empowering the practitioner to maintain this samadhic state--and experience the ever-present reality of union within form."

Yogins east and west have universally called this experience "Oneness."

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

I bought also this one: Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Ch'I Kung Level 2 Meditations with Grandmaster Doo Wai

There are not very much details but is interesting seeing GM Doo Wai doing the Flying Phoenix Qigong

Have a nice weekend

Hi John,

I bought also this one: Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Ch'I Kung Level 2 Meditations with Grandmaster Doo Wai

There are not very much details but is interesting seeing GM Doo Wai doing the Flying Phoenix Qigong

Have a nice weekend

From what I know, this DVD is not a legit source for Flying Phoenix. There are some posts about it in this thread or in Sifu Garry threads. It is not recommended practicing from this DVD. If I can find the posts I will quote them.

GM Doo Wai is not only a outstanding martial artist but also a healer. Within GM Doo wai arts, there are recipes for soups, teas for internal cultivation and healing.

I can't tell why this tea is expensive, but the recipe may come from GM Doo Wai.

Edited: for some reason your avatar is not showing properly... Perhaps the image doesn't fit within the limits of TTB. Can you check? Thanks!

Edited by bubbles
  • Like 1

Have a nice weekend

As I understand it, these were released by the Rizzo brothers from White Tiger. I have this volume, and it's the only one that is available. I tried acquiring the other version, but to no avail. It seems like the other volumes are guarded for higher up students at that school. Maybe they use volume 2 as a marketing ploy to get people interested in the school?

• Like 1

hello all, briefly

I have done volume 4 long form 'mirror image' from time to time as my left hand is always different than right. So mirror image seems a balancing process.

It has been a long time since I did Mirror long form, however, the last two days I have done as the first morning exercise early. Both times I have had very intense qi flow, lots of saliva generated and buzzing at bai hue crown point.

have a good weekend and practice with focus and intent

BREATHE

• Like 3

As for the tea, I inquired and was told it is just top grade tea.

However, if you are looking for a tea that has been infused with very strong chi that you will feel immediately, I suggest that you look at the Qinway website. Several years ago I bought that tea and was amazed because there were some nights when I had to go with very little sleep and then next day I used that tea as directed at work and felt energetic and did not feel tired at all. I tried that on multiple occasions of losing significant sleep and always got great results. Before ordering the tea I had my medical intuitive test the product and he reported that all of her products have Divine energy in them.

• Like 4

tea ... Jaio gu Lan seems like a broad tonic that I tolerate well it's stimulative property effects me intermittently

mirror image 4 ... this morning 24 min practice, the prior practices had been < 20 hence about 5 min less than the usual right side practice so now the left side nearly = right side

have now done mirror 4 times last 6 days

Peace to all creatures (creation)

• Like 2

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with seeing a blue orb (?)

during their practice..I have had 2 recent experiences seeing a blue color during

my practicing of the "Long Meditation".

Unable to keep my eyes closed for the entire exercise

(because I tend to lose my balance at times) - I clearly saw not

an "orb".. but rather 2 wispy-shaped forms situated close together. This was with eyes open. On each occasion, the blue shapes lasted 5-10 seconds and then disappeared.

Also interestingly I had this experience, BOTH times at the same part in the Long Meditation..

• Like 3

For some time, I've been doing some of the forms by visualisation when lying down when i do not feel very energetic and do not want to force myself, and their effects are very attracting to me.

As well as some classic sitting mudras, so far, i tried (with corresponding breaths):

Tweaking of the arms,

Advanced sitting med nr 5

Bending the bows

Successfully doing all the repetitions to the end without falling asleep, with awesome light effects.

And nowadays the long form, but it is in progress, and each form of it is by itself a deep meditation tool.

I am still doing them physically of course.

I am not recommending anything, this is just a report of my experiences.

Any one else tried them as such?

Best of everything

Cihan

Edited by cihan
  • Like 1

I too have used visualization to good effect ...

once you have established the physical response awareness it proved very useful.

On the other hand let me warn people that if they are of the 'too much in the head' type (me and many of my scientific colleagues). Visualization can be confused with mental imaging,, which in turn can be counterproductive. People like me find it difficult to move into 'body wisdom, knowledge mode'.

So there is a potential problem for some people...

• Like 2

AMSW #3 is an excellent meditation and learning this meditation came easily. Pairing AMSW #2 and AMSW #3, was very enjoyable and the total duration was about one hour.

• Like 1

this morning after performing 2nd standing of vol. 3 got the feeling of how alive the universe actually is. Cannot say enough good things about this meditation series. I really don't expect magic, but every now and then it occurs.

• Like 3