Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Hi all

I am searching for more information on FPCK. I'm working with the DVD from Sifu Terence Dunn. I found also this:

Golden Flying Phoenix By GM Doo Wai. Is there more information about this? It seems to by an advanced version.

The work of Sifu Terence Dunn is good voor a lifetime practise but I'm only curious

If you don't have any basic training, they are not much useful. I recommend you to practice FPCK first with Sifu Terry's excellent and very affordable teaching, learn and incorporate all the basic mudras, be fairly profecient , and after a digesting period of when you start intuitioning on the practices, then you might be able to figure out what Master DW is doing in this real time footage of his lesson, by dilligently studying each set for about an hour. Or of course, you can contact Sifu Dan Rochelle. Some of his material did find me long before I started FPCK, and I discarded them as useless, but it is also a hudge mistake. They are very powerful and might be dangerous if you are not "clean at heart" and figure out what you are doing. Anyways the affordable and safe key to these is either Sifu Terry's or Sifu Garry's teachings.

That doesn't mean FPCK is a stepping stone. It is a FULL SYSTEM you can practice lifetime.Finally at the 4th year, I am getting an incredible lightness of my 50+years of my body in an awsome electron blue and more. It is a spiritual system, of which health effects are byproducts. My deepest gratitudes to everyone who made this system available for practicing.

• Like 6

If you don't have any basic training, they are not much useful. I recommend you to practice FPCK first with Sifu Terry's excellent and very affordable teaching, learn and incorporate all the basic mudras, be fairly profecient , and after a digesting period of when you start intuitioning on the practices, then you might be able to figure out what Master DW is doing in this real time footage of his lesson, by dilligently studying each set for about an hour. Or of course, you can contact Sifu Dan Rochelle. Some of his material did find me long before I started FPCK, and I discarded them as useless, but it is also a hudge mistake. They are very powerful and might be dangerous if you are not "clean at heart" and figure out what you are doing. Anyways the affordable and safe key to these is either Sifu Terry's or Sifu Garry's teachings. That doesn't mean FPCK is a stepping stone. It is a FULL SYSTEM you can practice lifetime.Finally at the 4th year, I am getting an incredible lightness of my 50+years of my body in an awsome electron blue and more. It is a spiritual system, of which health effects are byproducts. My deepest gratitudes to everyone who made this system available for practicing.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I agree with You the work of Sifu Terry Dunn is meditatie for a livetime

• Like 1

If you don't have any basic training, they are not much useful. I recommend you to practice FPCK first with Sifu Terry's excellent and very affordable teaching, learn and incorporate all the basic mudras, be fairly profecient , and after a digesting period of when you start intuitioning on the practices, then you might be able to figure out what Master DW is doing in this real time footage of his lesson, by dilligently studying each set for about an hour. Or of course, you can contact Sifu Dan Rochelle. Some of his material did find me long before I started FPCK, and I discarded them as useless, but it is also a hudge mistake. They are very powerful and might be dangerous if you are not "clean at heart" and figure out what you are doing. Anyways the affordable and safe key to these is either Sifu Terry's or Sifu Garry's teachings. That doesn't mean FPCK is a stepping stone. It is a FULL SYSTEM you can practice lifetime.Finally at the 4th year, I am getting an incredible lightness of my 50+years of my body in an awsome electron blue and more. It is a spiritual system, of which health effects are byproducts. My deepest gratitudes to everyone who made this system available for practicing.

You're blue Dabedidabeda!! :)

• Like 1

Sifu Terry,

Just ordered dvd 4, 5 & 7 from you. Excited to get started with them :)

I was wondering if you could share some more on how the production of new DVDs is going in the FP system and others because I believe you mentioned before you were working on some more advanced DVDs, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also about the private Skype lessons you offer, how long in advance should they be booked and could you share a little of how much they have helped other students practising FP and how much of corrections and teachings you can exchange over Skype?

Thanks again for being here,

Ben

Sifu Terry,

Just ordered dvd 4, 5 & 7 from you. Excited to get started with them :)

I was wondering if you could share some more on how the production of new DVDs is going in the FP system and others because I believe you mentioned before you were working on some more advanced DVDs, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also about the private Skype lessons you offer, how long in advance should they be booked and could you share a little of how much they have helped other students practising FP and how much of corrections and teachings you can exchange over Skype?

Thanks again for being here,

Ben

Hey Ben,

Goed bezig, ook goede vragen, ben benieuwd naar de antwoorden. Was trouwens een goede tip om terug te lezen. Het aardappel verhaal gebruiken bij de ademhaling helpt.

groet

John

• Like 1

Ja John, zie er erg naar uit!

And yes this thread is full of awesome advice from Sifu Terry and others :)

Hello everybody,

Yesterday started with sitting meditation 6, Vol. 2 in the morging as wake up. In de the evening three standing standing meditations Vol 1 and three sttting meditation Vol. 2. Sometimes the first sitiing meditation of Vol 7 for a good sleep. It's a very good system.

John

• Like 2

Thanks for your experienced report!

You talk about FP as a spiritual system, however to me "spiritual" is a quite generic term, used in a lot of situations and meaning different things to different people.

So I'd like to ask what are the "spiritual" goals/attainments of the FP practice? I mean what does the term spiritual point to in FP practice?

thanks again, the questions are open to all the experts of course

Edited by pitisukha
  • Like 3

You talk about FP as a spiritual system, however to my "spiritual" is a quite generic term, used in a lot of situations and meaning different things to different people.

So I'd like to ask what are the "spiritual" goals/attainments of the FP practice? I mean what does the term spiritual point to in FP practice?

All the exercises are special meditations . They developed my subtle senses so that after a while I started perceiving and diffrentiating the different chimes and ringings arising from my heart and brain. These sounds convert to bluish whitish or golden light and become a real good symphony with a light show during the exercises. Each exercise has a different theme and song from a sunny hot beach to dark blue moon lighted mountain top to indigo abyss.Each form activates a different group of chakras, which tone the energy body and physical stuff within. I had lots of insights as to who i am not, while relaxing my intellect and observing everything within. I also tried other Doo Family arts, there is especially one 9 mudra set done in stillness with a breath percentage which dazzles golden light within, it one time overrided my intellectual perceptions, slowed the time, and in this overclocked state revealed two electron blue oblong headed entities who seemed rather concerned , in a fraction of time. This is what I meant by the spiritual aspects of FPCK, all my experience. I am of course just a novice, but these are my experiences, I don't want to speculate on.

Best of everything,

Cihan

• Like 3

All the exercises are special meditations . They developed my subtle senses so that after a while I started perceiving and diffrentiating the different chimes and ringings arising from my heart and brain. These sounds convert to bluish whitish or golden light and become a real good symphony with a light show during the exercises. Each exercise has a different theme and song from a sunny hot beach to dark blue moon lighted mountain top to indigo abyss.Each form activates a different group of chakras, which tone the energy body and physical stuff within. I had lots of insights as to who i am not, while relaxing my intellect and observing everything within. I also tried other Doo Family arts, there is especially one 9 mudra set done in stillness with a breath percentage which dazzles golden light within, it one time overrided my intellectual perceptions, slowed the time, and in this overclocked state revealed two electron blue oblong headed entities who seemed rather concerned , in a fraction of time. This is what I meant by the spiritual aspects of FPCK, all my experience. I am of course just a novice, but these are my experiences, I don't want to speculate on.

Best of everything,

Cihan

Cihan,

Sounds like your're very perceptive and experiencing deeper layers of this wonderful system.

Excellent and thanks for sharing, very inspiring!

Enjoy your practise,

Ben

Edited by zenyogi
  • Like 2

All the exercises are special meditations . They developed my subtle senses so that after a while I started perceiving and diffrentiating the different chimes and ringings arising from my heart and brain. These sounds convert to bluish whitish or golden light and become a real good symphony with a light show during the exercises. Each exercise has a different theme and song from a sunny hot beach to dark blue moon lighted mountain top to indigo abyss.Each form activates a different group of chakras, which tone the energy body and physical stuff within. I had lots of insights as to who i am not, while relaxing my intellect and observing everything within. I also tried other Doo Family arts, there is especially one 9 mudra set done in stillness with a breath percentage which dazzles golden light within, it one time overrided my intellectual perceptions, slowed the time, and in this overclocked state revealed two electron blue oblong headed entities who seemed rather concerned , in a fraction of time. This is what I meant by the spiritual aspects of FPCK, all my experience. I am of course just a novice, but these are my experiences, I don't want to speculate on. Best of everything, Cihan

Thank you, hope I didn't sound offensive with my questions...

So, in your case, are you talking about impermanent experiences?

All the exercises are special meditations . They developed my subtle senses so that after a while I started perceiving and diffrentiating the different chimes and ringings arising from my heart and brain. These sounds convert to bluish whitish or golden light and become a real good symphony with a light show during the exercises. Each exercise has a different theme and song from a sunny hot beach to dark blue moon lighted mountain top to indigo abyss.Each form activates a different group of chakras, which tone the energy body and physical stuff within. I had lots of insights as to who i am not, while relaxing my intellect and observing everything within. I also tried other Doo Family arts, there is especially one 9 mudra set done in stillness with a breath percentage which dazzles golden light within, it one time overrided my intellectual perceptions, slowed the time, and in this overclocked state revealed two electron blue oblong headed entities who seemed rather concerned , in a fraction of time. This is what I meant by the spiritual aspects of FPCK, all my experience. I am of course just a novice, but these are my experiences, I don't want to speculate on. Best of everything, Cihan

Wow! A novice ^^, I'd like to know what the experience of a non novice looks like. Really impressive, FP seems to be the perfect system for you. So during those 4 years you've practiced the whole system of FP or just partially? Did you experience any healing of you or others, like the one Sifu Terry describes with your FP jumping out of you and healing somebody else without even you trying to do anything?

Best,

Aurélien

Edited by oreothecookie
  • Like 1

Yes I'm curious about this as well, if by spiritual it means total liberation

• Like 1

No, I am not offended at all, thanks for the opportunity to spill some of my beans :)

This thread has two Sifus and I evaded your exact question, not to confuse any one if i am wrong.

My insight about spirituality is finding and staying in the awareness I am born with, before the intellect took over. All the effects and experiences, including meditations -and FPCK-is impermanent, as they still include the time and space.What is timelessly experiencing all this is always here and now, outside of space time. I am looking for who is experiencing all these rides, light shows and other curiosities during the practice, and try to stay in the experiencer /center/awareness. I watch the show including my babbling mind, try not to forget that it is an experience i am mixing up with personality issues. Meditation (FPCK at this time) helps the energetic formation (mind??) to become clear of intellectual illusions and helps to stay in that timeless stillness where experiences are lived. This mode spills lot of inner light (shen?) compassion and grace, and intuition starts to build up. Of course, there is also the martial aspect of this art, which apparently does not go well at least with compassion, and it is over me :)

Happy practicing

• Like 2

Wow! A novice ^^, I'd like to know what the experience of a non novice looks like. Really impressive, FP seems to be the perfect system for you. So during those 4 years you've practiced the whole system of FP or just partially? Did you experience any healing of you or others, like the one Sifu Terry describes with your FP jumping out of you and healing somebody else without even you trying to do anything?

Best,

Aurélien

Hi Aurelien,

I did some other stuff as well and started FPCK with the long form which i am still doing not because i was an expert from the beginning, but have some spinal issues which did not permit me do even the static standing meds as well as sitting series. After a year of doing the long form almost everyday, then I was able to incorporate bending the bows. I still can not sit in any cross legged position, so last year I started the sitting meds on a chair, and still doing them this way. I only experienced healing of myself, saw the inner blue color recently, and i am still struggling hard to maintain stillness. Besides FPCK I did kuji kiri mudras set daily as still meditation without mantras which turned out to be an excellent supplement.

Best of everything

• Like 3

Thank you very much!

And let me know if you find WHO is experiencing all this! ;)

You're welcome. I promise you will be the first one I will tell :)

Hi Aurelien, I did some other stuff as well and started FPCK with the long form which i am still doing not because i was an expert from the beginning, but have some spinal issues which did not permit me do even the static standing meds as well as sitting series. After a year of doing the long form almost everyday, then I was able to incorporate bending the bows. I still can not sit in any cross legged position, so last year I started the sitting meds on a chair, and still doing them this way. I only experienced healing of myself, saw the inner blue color recently, and i am still struggling hard to maintain stillness. Besides FPCK I did kuji kiri mudras set daily as still meditation without mantras which turned out to be an excellent supplement. Best of everything

Thank you for answering Cihan, your comments have been very inspiring, I hope you'll post more of you progress on the forum.

Best,

Aurélien

• Like 3

You talk about FP as a spiritual system, however to me "spiritual" is a quite generic term, used in a lot of situations and meaning different things to different people.

Hello Pitisukha,

You asked, So I'd like to ask what are the "spiritual" goals/attainments of the FP practice?

I want to thank Cihan very much for again contributing his experience-based answer to your question in terms of yogic attainments through FP practice.

You also asked: I mean what does the term spiritual point to in FP practice?

I have described in great detail at several earlier points in this thread exactly what I mean by the spiritual benefits imparted by Flying Phoenix Qigong-- how FP Qigong is a spiritual art:

1) First, by virtue of the supra-mundane consciousness that it cultivates: FP Qigong, like any effective meditative art, purifies the human spirit to some degree simply by integrating mind and body.

2) Second, by providing conscious access to the "trunk" or the non-mundane and certainly non-ordinary channel of FP Healing energy that practitioners can access/tap into for most practical healing purposes once they cross certain thresholds of cultivation.

I also want to say that wise and able teachers--hopefully, the two sifu's that you mentioned here--typically do not talk about the spiritual life facilitated by the meditative arts that they are teaching until they know that a student or seeker has had bona fide spiritual experiences and that they actually need to be talked about. Because words are not things. And talking about spirituality without DOING the Yoga, Prayer or devotion, does not impart or convey spirituality. As Carlos Castaneda put it so clearly in his second book, "A Separate Reality":

A warrior learns to act like a warrior by acting, not by talking.

Sifu Hearfield and I contribute to this thread to help clarify the experiences brought on by the action of doing the Flying Phoenix Qigong...so that we might provide better insight and understanding of the Universe as perceived by those who choose to clear their doors of perception using FP Qigong in my case and Sunn Yi Gong in Sifu Hearfield's case. But before we have anything worth talking about, students have to show us that they have acted, and acted well...which in the case of this thread, is simply to practice the FP Qigong corrrectly.

To answer your question here again, I will say that the goal of FP Qigong practice is to perfect one's meditation so that one knows oneself and thereby knows God, and thereby personally learns how to become closer to God. That's it. That's what "spiritual" means to me: anything that enables man to know God, to become closer to God, and ultimately become one with God. And one of the easiest paths to become more godly is to heal your fellow man in a myriad of ways. Applying the Flying Phoenix Energy to heal others is one way. Teaching others to heal themselves with FP Qigong is another way.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

Hello guys,

Tomorrow because it's Friday, there is the FP group session, and we're going to focus on the "sand dune speed" so only 4 meds in 1 hour, so we take as much time as necessary, we're not in a hurry, the last meditation is a MSW so if you want to take 60 min to complete it that's up to you. I think one day we should organize a competition of MSW, with the goal of moving as slow as possible, and see how long it take us.Just saying I'm sure it can be fun. http://thetaobums.com/topic/33820-flying-phoenix-worldwide-events/page-7 Please put your name and location if you want to join

Best,

Aurélien

Edited by oreothecookie
  • Like 1

Is the word "competition" conducive to the art of meditation? Should these not be inward goals that a person seeks? (Life's work)

Hello Pitisukha,

You asked, So I'd like to ask what are the "spiritual" goals/attainments of the FP practice?

I want to thank Cihan very much for again contributing his experience-based answer to your question in terms of yogic attainments through FP practice.

You also asked: I mean what does the term spiritual point to in FP practice?

I have described in great detail at several earlier points in this thread exactly what I mean by the spiritual benefits imparted by Flying Phoenix Qigong-- how FP Qigong is a spiritual art:

1) First, by virtue of the supra-mundane consciousness that it cultivates: FP Qigong, like any effective meditative art, purifies the human spirit to some degree simply by integrating mind and body.

2) Second, by providing conscious access to the "trunk" or the non-mundane and certainly non-ordinary channel of FP Healing energy that practitioners can access/tap into for most practical healing purposes once they cross certain thresholds of cultivation.

I also want to say that wise and able teachers--hopefully, the two sifu's that you mentioned here--typically do not talk about the spiritual life facilitated by the meditative arts that they are teaching until they know that a student or seeker has had bona fide spiritual experiences and that they actually need to be talked about. Because words are not things. And talking about spirituality without DOING the Yoga, Prayer or devotion, does not impart or convey spirituality. As Carlos Castaneda put it so clearly in his second book, "A Separate Reality":

A warrior learns to act like a warrior by acting, not by talking.

Sifu Hearfield and I contribute to this thread to help clarify the experiences brought on by the action of doing the Flying Phoenix Qigong...so that we might provide better insight and understanding of the Universe as perceived by those who choose to clear their doors of perception using FP Qigong in my case and Sunn Yi Gong in Sifu Hearfield's case. But before we have anything worth talking about, students have to show us that they have acted, and acted well...which in the case of this thread, is simply to practice the FP Qigong corrrectly.

To answer your question here again, I will say that the goal of FP Qigong practice is to perfect one's meditation so that one knows oneself and thereby knows God, and thereby personally learns how to become closer to God. That's it. That's what "spiritual" means to me: anything that enables man to know God, to become closer to God, and ultimately become one with God. And one of the easiest paths to become more godly is to heal your fellow man in a myriad of ways. Applying the Flying Phoenix Energy to heal others is one way. Teaching others to heal themselves with FP Qigong is another way.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you for your observations!

• Like 1

Is the word "competition" conducive to the art of meditation? Should these not be inward goals that a person seeks? (Life's work)

I'm sure in some cases competition can have a positive outcome. Some people may need more motivation to stay on the path more than others. And here my proposition is only because I think everyone could benefit from it, not because I want to find out who is the best, if somebody thinks the sand dune speed is for example 7 reps of MSW1 in 25 min and somebody said it takes him 50 min, he might want to try to move slower and realizes that it improves his form and its cultivation level. Spirituality doesn't have to be a particular way, we can spice it up with a little bit of fun, and it's a good way to connect everybody on this forum too.

Edited by oreothecookie
  • Like 3