Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Sorry but as I've stated before, in general I've some problem with that schedule on Fridays,

this week for exemple I can't

however I'm almost always free from 5:30am to 10/10:30am (speaking of Fridays)

Interesting Qigong. ...........--plus, most importantly of all, what's NOT seen: stance/footwork and breathing method!!!0

What's not seen but it was understood by an intensive Chi Kung practitioner. For examples, the stance was obvious it is in the Zhan Zhuang position; and the breathing method is only one way by "sunken chi to the lower dan tian", 氣沈丹田.

• Like 1

For the people that keep asking the difference between SYG & Flying Phoenix System, this is the long set or part of of stage 4 of level 1 of 18.

Good to know all you guys still hard at the awesome FP love to see more clips of the people practicing here?

• Like 3

what's the name of the meditation? monk wiping the sweat off his foredhead, and blowing his nose? I'm just joking, very well done =) hope you won't be upset with my stupid joke. :blush: .

I made a video of MSW1, I made it while practicing long distance with Pitisukha.I noticed at the end of this meditation that my left hand was a bit contracted, and when I looked at the video when I raised my arms, they were not always centered, a bit unbalanced on one side.

Aurélien

For the people that keep asking the difference between SYG & Flying Phoenix System, this is the long set or part of of stage 4 of level 1 of 18.

Good to know all you guys still hard at the awesome FP love to see more clips of the people practicing here

• Like 2

what's the name of the meditation? monk wiping the sweat off his foredhead, and blowing his nose? I'm just joking, very well done =) hope you won't be upset with my stupid joke. :blush: .

I made a video of MSW1, I made it while practicing long distance with Pitisukha.I noticed at the end of this meditation that my left hand was a bit contracted, and when I looked at the video when I raised my arms, they were not always centered, a bit unbalanced on one side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8087yRlLdY

Aurélien

Aurelian,

My comments on your MSW #1 practice on the posted video:

A. Speed is excellent...slow enough; movements are even and smooth.

B. Posture is OK. Relaxation OK.

C. Correction #1: As you noticed and posted: You start with your torso turned to your right slightly so that your arms and hands are not symmetrically even with your centerline, but slightly skewed to your right.

D. Correction #2: When you extend the arms and bring the palms forward with fingers pointing upward, your left palm is lower than your right.

E. Then near the end, when you bring your arms downward from overhead, you straighten out your torso and finish with your torso squared to the front (correct).

F. Correction #3: bend your wrists more so they both evenly face outward as you raise the arms and as you lower them part way until they turn to face inward the upward in the final position at the tan tien.

G Correction #4: As you also described: your hands with outfacing palms are not even until you bring them down.

None of these form flaws are serious. They're simply peccadilloes that can be easily corrected.

The easiest way to correct them is to do them in front of the mirror and set a timer to ring you to open your eyes every 10 or 15 seconds or so as you do the MSW Meditation. Or simply do the entire meditation round with eyes open (without doing the breathing) until you train yourself to do the movements symmetrically as per my observations above.

Very well done given how long you have doing FPCK, Aurelian!

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S. BTW, practitioners get the same quality of corrections and much more during online private FP tutorials that I give via Skype or Facetime. Feel free to contact me here thru members' messaging or at [email protected] for details and to schedule.

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 1

Hello guys,

So tomorrow there is another flying phoenix group session. To join just put your name and location here http://thetaobums.com/topic/33820-flying-phoenix-worldwide-events/

Thanks,

Aurélien

To all FP meditators doing the Fiday group practice worldwide:

Sorry I missed today's practice: I had to some vehicle repairs to tend to. I should be able to participate in future sessions.

Sifu Terry

What's not seen but it was understood by an intensive Chi Kung practitioner. For examples, the stance was obvious it is in the Zhan Zhuang position; and the breathing method is only one way by "sunken chi to the lower dan tian", 氣沈丹田.

"Intensive Chi Kung practitioner" does not understand at all what I said and what I meant:

Not to be argumentative, but I must make a distinction here to inform FPCK subscribers how deep the secrets of Qigong are and how secretly they are kept. "Intensive Chi Kung practitioner" does not understand that "stance was obvious a Zhan Zhuang position" does not mean anything to me because within any Wuchi or Zhan Zhuan position there are nuances as to how one evenly weights (stands on) each foot, the degree to which the knees are bent, and the degree to which he INNER THIGH MUSCLES are contracted or relaxed relative to movement of the upper body which are motivated by movement of the lower and upper ribs--and not in unison, BTW!!! --Not to mention what is done or not done with the toes. That is only the tip of the iceberg of what is NOT SEEN. As I think I stated in Year One of this thread, the secret of footwork (not just the "type"of stance) is hidden by traditional Chinese martial arts garb: baggy trousers with overhanging long jackets. Why do you think masters continue to wear such ancient styles to this day? If there wasn't a function to them, they would be wearing Prada, Gucci, and Paul Smith.

Similarly, "sunken chi to the lower tan tien" is not anything close to what I meant or mean by "breathing method." Sunken chi to the lower tan tien can be said to be normal to more than 300 styles of Kung Fu and Qigong.

What I said is not seen IS NOT SEEN nor intuited unless one is a high-level master on the level of GM Doo Wai, the GM Share K. Lew (who could tell whether a man did northern or southern kung fu just by watching him take a few steps), Sifu Garry Hearfield's late YKM master, my LHBF teacher, or the senior students of Prof. Cheng Man-Ching--all of them grandmasters in their 80's or older,such as my friend, the great GM William C.C. Chen.

I just wanted to reiterate here that secrets in Chinese internal arts are kept very well within each of the traditions. And if one wrongly thinks that they understand what is being hidden, then one will never know what to look for in their teacher nor what questions to ask.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

Aurelian, My comments on your MSW #1 practice on the posted video: A. Speed is excellent...slow enough; movements are even and smooth. B. Posture is OK. Relaxation OK. C. Correction #1: As you noticed and posted: You start with your torso turned to your right slightly so that your arms and hands are not symmetrically even with your centerline, but slightly skewed to your right. D. Correction #2: When you extend the arms and bring the palms forward with fingers pointing upward, your left palm is lower than your right. E. Then near the end, when you bring your arms downward from overhead, you straighten out your torso and finish with your torso squared to the front (correct). F. Correction #3: bend your wrists more so they both evenly face outward as you raise the arms and as you lower them part way until they turn to face inward the upward in the final position at the tan tien. G Correction #4: As you also described: your hands with outfacing palms are not even until you bring them down. None of these form flaws are serious. They're simply peccadilloes that can be easily corrected. The easiest way to correct them is to do them in front of the mirror and set a timer to ring you to open your eyes every 10 or 15 seconds or so as you do the MSW Meditation. Or simply do the entire meditation round with eyes open (without doing the breathing) until you train yourself to do the movements symmetrically as per my observations above. Very well done given how long you have doing FPCK, Aurelian! Sifu Terry Dunn P.S. BTW, practitioners get the same quality of corrections and much more during online private FP tutorials that I give via Skype or Facetime. Feel free to contact me here thru members' messaging or at [email protected] for details and to schedule. www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Thank you so much Sifu Terry for all those very precise commentaries, I'm going to try my best to correct all those little imperfections =). Really looking forward to progressing. I noticed as well during the recording that it was a particularly good session, in the energy I felt, probably because I knew I was filmed so I tried to make it the most perfect I could, which I don't always do when I practice without a video recorder. So I have to be even more careful when I practice just for myself. I will take an online session with you one day, if you allow me to. Did you get a new camera?

Have a good day,

Best,

Aurélien

• Like 1

No worries, I don't know if Leif was there either. We can find another time slot, if this one is not appropriate. Just let me know

Aurélien

Edited by oreothecookie

Thank you so much Sifu Terry for all those very precise commentaries, I'm going to try my best to correct all those little imperfections =). Really looking forward to progressing. I noticed as well during the recording that it was a particularly good session, in the energy I felt, probably because I knew I was filmed so I tried to make it the most perfect I could, which I don't always do when I practice without a video recorder. So I have to be even more careful when I practice just for myself. I will take an online session with you one day, if you allow me to. Did you get a new camera?

Have a good day,

Best,

Aurélien

Aurelien,

You're welcome. As I said, you are doing very well. Just continue with this level of diligence and your progress will continue nicely and you don't have to worry about accelerating your progress. That will happen with the way that you're practicing at present. But, again, make sure that your posture and movements are balanced and symmetrical. That type of self-correction I don't think will be any problem for you.

Yes, I'm fully equipped to give online FP tutorials via Skype or Facetime. Let me know whenever you want to do one.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Hi Sihing,

Just touching base haven't been online and also have deleted my FB account for a while, hope all is well?!

Sifu Garry

Hi Sihing Garry,

Always good to see your greetings and postings. All is well with practicing and teaching.

Thanks for posting your excellent performance of Sunn Yee Gong's "White Tiger Heavenly Healing Methods" to compare and contrast it with FP Qigong. Your meditation is quite complex relative to most of the FP system and is comparable to the capstone Advanced Long Form Standing Med. of FPCK (on Volume 4 of DVD series).

Will fill you through back channel on business doings.

All Best,

Sihing Terry

Long form right and left side today, no MSW so far, likely will do Adv MSW#3 at end of day.

Recently, I reviewed the 5 short standing . Have been working on 1 -4, again. I have had the disc for at least 2 years, but never really mastered them. They simply did not seem to pack the energy in like the long form. Voila'. This time they are much more intense and satisfying. To some extent i have put off Adv MSW to do these short forms this last week.

btw what is the 90 seconds in the title about ... the shortest one #2 takes > 3-1/2 min all the others are > 5 min, when done at the speed i normally do the long form (>20 min).

Also I worked on those short forms in the early afternoon on Fri. about 1 hour, watching the video for form correction and performing 1 - 4. I will take up #5 soon. That would have been contemporary with the group, if not the forms they are doing, I think.

Lots going on these days ... peace to all beings.

charlie

Edited by ridingtheox

Hi everyone. I did a search here on tb's for ' left side of the body' and 'phoenix and dragon play' came up as a practice particularly pertinent to healing, clearing the left side. So I come to ask you, would it be appropriate to get that dvd and work with it for this issue, and..... does anyone have a copy to sell me? I havent found it online, zen bears link currently dead. Input appreciated.

You can find Terry Dunn on fb and perhaps contact him there

• Like 2

Hi everyone. I did a search here on tb's for ' left side of the body' and 'phoenix and dragon play' came up as a practice particularly pertinent to healing, clearing the left side. So I come to ask you, would it be appropriate to get that dvd and work with it for this issue, and..... does anyone have a copy to sell me? I havent found it online, zen bears link currently dead. Input appreciated.

Hi Cat,

Sorry about that...my website was down for most of today for minor renovation. It's now back up and running normal.

Go to: http://taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Thanks for your interest in Flying Phoenix.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Long form right and left side today, no MSW so far, likely will do Adv MSW#3 at end of day.

Recently, I reviewed the 5 short standing . Have been working on 1 -4, again. I have had the disc for at least 2 years, but never really mastered them. They simply did not seem to pack the energy in like the long form. Voila'. This time they are much more intense and satisfying. To some extent i have put off Adv MSW to do these short forms this last week.

btw what is the 90 seconds in the title about ... the shortest one #2 takes > 3-1/2 min all the others are > 5 min, when done at the speed i normally do the long form (>20 min).

Also I worked on those short forms in the early afternoon on Fri. about 1 hour, watching the video for form correction and performing 1 - 4. I will take up #5 soon. That would have been contemporary with the group, if not the forms they are doing, I think.

Lots going on these days ... peace to all beings.

charlie

Hi Charlie,

I'm glad to hear that you just now got the hit of the FP Energy from the set of 5 short meditations on Volume 5. Each person "groks" the Volume 5 meditations at their own appointed time--depending on how much of the "basic" FP Meditations (Vols 1-4) they have practiced and how well they've been established. That's why I classified them as advanced--they require the preceding exercises in the dvd series as a foundation. But they are most elegant in that their energy effects are, as you described, "intense and satisfying"! Yes, and Yee-hah. Otherwise, most people feel zilch from them.

Now there are some persons who are naturally fluid and sensitive in terms of their internal energy. I had one young Tai Chi student in 2002-2003 who had not done much of the basic level of the FP system...and I just happen to have inserted the Vol.5 Meds. in the middle of the Yang Tai Chi practice to see everyone's reaction. When we resumed the Yang Long Form and the class did the transition near the start of Part 2 of the Yang Long Form: Grasp the Birds Tail to Fist Under Elbow, I saw the kids' energy light up and his eyes widen in surprise and profound bliss. That was the outcome of this particular teacher's constructive, mildly mischievous, and joyful experiment.

Charlie, since you have deep Tai Chi background, try interspersing the Vol.5 Meds. in your Tai Chi form practice. You might find it fun and enjoyable.

And btw, they are 90 second meditations. You can stretch them out to 2-3 min. but I just double-checked a few of them: you can do each one in 90 seconds (including the breathing sequence) and still get maximum energizing (and other, hee hee :excl::excl: ) effects.

Enjoy-Enjoy this marvelous practice. :D Not too much is out there that is this easy, self-contained, safe, almost fool-proof, and yet is this powerful and sublimely healing. (FP Practitioners out there who have gotten through Vols 1 to 5 or 1 to 7: please chime in and give your assessment/critique...let me know if you agree or not. ;) )

Best,

Sifu Terry

Terry, any chance you could take a look at that PM I sent you? Really keen to resume practicing FP but I don't feel comfortable about doing it without some input on those effects I was getting - any thoughts would be massively appreciated.

You can find Terry Dunn on fb and perhaps contact him there

Hi mYthMaker,

Thanks for directing Cat to find me on FB. As per my posting, my website for the Chi Kung For Health dvd series is back online now. Also please visit my FB product page, with lots of my favorite postings on Chinese internal arts,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Terry-Dunns-Tai-Chi-For-Health/236579434951?ref=br_tf

--and my new (but not too populated) Ancient Qigong page:

https://www.facebook.com/ancientqigong?ref=br_tf

Best,

Sifu Terry

Reminder to all FP practitioners: Worldwide group practice is later today, Friday, at 12 noon PST.

organized by "oreocookie". Many thanks, Aurelien!

Also I just now caught up on my backlog of unanswered PM's, almost all interested in private online tutorials on FPCK and also Tao Tan Pai neigung and kung fu. My apologies for my late replies, but I am thrilled to be able to teach you through Skype and Facetime. A wonderful facilitation of our art by technology.

Anyone interested in online tutorials in FP Qigong for starters, please contact me by PM here (I promise to check my inbox ore frequently), or contact me at [email protected] and put "FPCK online session" or something thereabouts on the Subject line.

Tomorrow after the 12PM 1-hour session, I will be working with "Mellow Marques". Looking forward to it.

All Best,

Sifu Terry

P.S. And this is the order of practice, nicely laid out by Aurelien:

Friday the 21th March at 12-13 PST there will be another group session, we're going to stick to the same sequence of meditations:

1. Bending the bows 70 50 40 30 10 (15 min)

2. Monk holding the peach 90 50 40 20 10 (15 min)

3. Sitting warm up (5 60 80 40 30) (5 min)

4. MSW1 (90 50 40 30 10)

Edited by zen-bear

Thankyou zen bear,

I'm looking at your page and not seeing the "phoenix and dragon play" specifically...could you help?

Hello Sifu Terry, as regards worldwide events you mentioned in a previous post the importance of specifying the location where one practice...

can I ask why?