Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

This is what I meant. I am not referring to benefits from chi kung. I am referring to the actual sensations going on during the practice. In other words, the current condition of the nervous system determines what kind of experiences one will have during the practice of chi kung. During an experimental course with a well know spiritual master methods were used which temporarily somehow bypassed or temporarily got thru the blocks of stress in the nervous system and I went into an Awakened state of higher consciousness for awhile. But this same powerful method of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras never again worked even after more than 30 yrs of daily practice.

This is what I am talking about actually. There are few factors:

1. Own karma

2. Method - qigong? or neidan? or neikung? there are different mechanics - the way how work/gong eliminates blockages and what type of energy is cultivated

3. Transmission is must if one is looking for spirituality. It will be faster progress and more benefits when working with authentic master and within the group of people.

If you are talking about how qigong works then yes it depends on each person but everything mentioned above is still applicable to any qigong. If one does it on his/her own without transmission it will take more time to gain benefits out of it. And can cause deviations. I do not say that FPCK can cause it, I do not know, may be it is very safe system but many other qigong systems can lead to subtle deviations because it works with postnatal qi and person will nourish "yin shen". This is difficult to say what is real benefit or what someone only considering as benefits. Not all alternative states of mind are good and only enlightened master can esteem ones achievements. I hope that FP is vey safe system. It soothes the energy and very soft in work, good for stress relief. But this is one positive side and there could be some negative side effects. Authentic scriptures say avoid working with postnatal cultivation as it is danger for spirituality. According to Taoist scriptures prenatal qi should move postnatal qi. Not the other way around. Qigong can be useful as preparatory step and there is time when it must be stopped. That' what people said to me and what is said in scriptures. I wanted to say that it does matter which energies one activates within oneself. I think benefits depend on the level of yuan qi (original prenatal qi) one has and the state of nervous system depends on it. Of course if one has a lot of yuan qi then any other qigong will work more efficiently but then we coming back to the points I listed above. The more experience one has in any other taoist (yogic) system the more benefits that person will get from qigong. But here is the question what is most important. Yuan qi! I personally believe that FPCK can be very good to practice together with any authentic taoist (yogic) system when one already has the level in spirituality. If you have a look at the history of this system you will see that it was invented by Taoist master when he already was high level in other Taoist cultivation systems. As for benefits for those who do qigong only I don't know for everyone, some people say it gives some benefits but personally for me it is difficult to esteem exactly what it gives. But who knows? Some qigong can give nice feelings and odd experience because of the depletion of original qi. Another systems nourish it. Sometime people just had some energy blockages and even qigong can help to eliminate it and they feel much better. there are many reasons for different experiences. If someone had more the less good conditions of the postnatal qi meridians then benefits will be less tangible but it will require more time for spiritual benefits. But then we coming back to the question of original qi cultivation. I am sure it must follow by qigong cultivation and qigong could be good addition to the original qi cultivation. The work/gong must be done ON TWO LEVELS.

• Like 1

Sifu Terry,

You're doing a great service by keeping this thread going.

I've been doing FPCK for about a week and have been thoroughly impressed with the energy generated. One quick practice question: MUST all the seated meditations be done in half lotus? Is full lotus acceptable? For some reason I often find full lotus more comfortable than half lotus--perhaps it has something to do with stability.

Hi Sploosh,

Welcome to the thread and sorry for the slow response...it's been a long and hectic week full of obstacles old and new to surmount.

Thank you for your positive feedback and compliment on my support of the FPCK thread.

Answer to your question about the seated MSW meditations: my teacher, GM Doo Wai, along with all his senior students who taught me at various times, did them all in half-lotus. I have done all of them in full lotus as well. My answer is that it's totally up to you. If full lotus feels more stable and comfortable, by all means, use full lotus. I don't think that full lotus is more beneficial or superior to half-lotus. If it were, I'm certain that GM Doo Wai would have made that known to me and my fellow students.

Keep us informed of your progress with FP,.

Best,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear

Thanks Sifu Terry, that clears up a lot.

One other question (posted above): the DVDS say to avoid practicing within half an hour of having eaten food. Is this just because digestion would interfere with the FPCK energies? If one were pressed for time and had just eaten would it be fine to do the practice anyway?

I guess my question is: is practicing soon after having eaten detrimental, or just less-than-ideal?

Hello everybody,

Hope your practice is going well.

I was reflecting today about chi kung and its possibilities of applications. I was thinking about the world and all the ecological problems that we have arising a little bit more everyday, and I was just wondering if those could be healed the same way a human being can be. For example if there is too much greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, would it be possible to bring it back to the right level with chi kung, would it be possible to decrease the temperature of water in the areas where it's becoming problematic, would it be possible to regenerate the ozone layer where it's depleted, to counteract radioactive emissions in the sea? I know that those problems won't be resolved if we don't change our lifestyles radically, but what if we could slow down the on-going process which would give more time to the mentalities to evolve toward a more environmental based attitude and lifestyle. and so complementary to this question what is the limit of chi kung? I listened to several podcasts made by Master Jim Nance who is a Spring Forest Qi gong system healer, where he seems to claim that based on the fact that everything is energy, anything kind of looks possible. So I would be curious to know what Sifu Terry, and Sifu Garry have to say about that. Do you guys sometimes do healing sessions for the earth?

I'm just very curious about all the possibilities that chi kung could be used or maybe I'm just an eternal dreamer dreaming of a better world =).

Cheers,

Aurélien

I think the healing of the earth via human beings has to be attempted by those who function from the quantum physics level of the quantum level of Pure Consciousness, the vacuum state, the Still point, or in my opinion, the Tao. The earth is not going to heal until the source of stress, unawakened, stress producing human beings radiating stress, which imbalances Nature, become awakened. And an avatar has a plan in place so we can all wait and watch. Just my take on this from the teachings I have been exposed to.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

Hello everybody,

Hope your practice is going well.

I was reflecting today about chi kung and its possibilities of applications. I was thinking about the world and all the ecological problems that we have arising a little bit more everyday, and I was just wondering if those could be healed the same way a human being can be. For example if there is too much greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, would it be possible to bring it back to the right level with chi kung, would it be possible to decrease the temperature of water in the areas where it's becoming problematic, would it be possible to regenerate the ozone layer where it's depleted, to counteract radioactive emissions in the sea? I know that those problems won't be resolved if we don't change our lifestyles radically, but what if we could slow down the on-going process which would give more time to the mentalities to evolve toward a more environmental based attitude and lifestyle. and so complementary to this question what is the limit of chi kung? I listened to several podcasts made by Master Jim Nance who is a Spring Forest Qi gong system healer, where he seems to claim that based on the fact that everything is energy, anything kind of looks possible. So I would be curious to know what Sifu Terry, and Sifu Garry have to say about that. Do you guys sometimes do healing sessions for the earth?

I'm just very curious about all the possibilities that chi kung could be used or maybe I'm just an eternal dreamer dreaming of a better world =).

Cheers,

Aurélien

Hello Aurelien,

I like Tao Stillness's answer to your question.

Every person who masters a yogic art like Flying Phoenix Chi Kung or Sunn Yee Gong is called to do something with his or her knowledge. There may be some avatar who comes along, as Tao Stillness (Steve) says, who is charged by Heaven to save the earth. But most masters of yogic arts, as far as I can "see", deal exclusively with people and are concerned primarily with healing human diseases and injuries, empowering work (kung fu), guiding people to their fullest potential, and furthering spiritual evolution of individuals. Exceedingly rare, of course, is the Christ-like avatar who can effect the spiritual evolution of the human race and thus change our species' impact on the physical earth.

There's nothing wrong in dreaming of a perfect world. And yes, everything is energy, but believing that is not the same as naturally knowing that by means of direct yogic experience of the earth's energies. And even if one experientially knows that the earth is all-energy along with everything else in the Universe, one person with that understanding won't have much impact on saving the planet if one doesn't have the personal power to positively effect and rebalance the earth's energy. So to repeat what Tao Stillness noted: it would take a true avatar to feng shui the entire planet. (But, as an eternal optimist, I happen to operate on the experiential knowledge--not belief--that anything is possible through prayer except if one lies.)

In terms of how we ordinary mortals might understand how to go about slowing down or reversing mankind's cyclical drive towards destroying itself and the earth's ecosystem --by first understanding what the fundamental problem is-- one might start with reading Immanuel Velikovsky's "Worlds In Collision" and/or "Mankind in Amnesia":

http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Collision-Immanuel-Velikovsky/dp/1906833117/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391744898&sr=1-1&keywords=worlds+in+collision+velikovsky

http://www.amazon.com/Mankind-Amnesia-Immanuel-Velikovsky/dp/1906833168

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

Exactly Sifu Terry! Right to the point. The Still point that is. I could not resist the pun but it is true. The still point is when thoughts are transcended and we are in the Absolute, the vacuum state of consciousness from which all creation springs. In the Tao Te Ching, "the Mother of 10,000 things." And the energy that the masters teach whether it is chi or kundalini is what goes into the brain and heals mind and body and awakens the spiritual centers so that people awaken to authentic Self without having to be functioning from the ego. Eventually there is the sense, not mere mood making from intellectual understanding, but the actual consciousness of not being separate, but One with all and then we start behaving like that and the world changes as each individual changes. None of this happens without chi/energy reaching the brain. Some systems call this kundalini. The result, the still point, the Oneness, I think of as Tao. I cannot read the Tao Te Ching or any Taoist related book without hearing the teachings of the current avatar echoed. That is why it is so blessed to be alive at this time. The secret teachings are now mostly public. Now it is up to each individual to accept and apply the chi that is being offered on such a grand scale this time around. And since the mind and body are intimately connected, it is imperative to balance the health issues in order to foster the spiritual channels. And that is where I see the value of chi kung. I know of one man in Florida who had the good fortune of being a student when he was a teen in Los Angeles of Grandmaster Lew K. Share who taught him chi kung. The man is now in his 60's and is Awakened from a different system yet every Wednesday night he still has a class doing the chi kung of the Grandmaster. So chi kung is for the unawakened on the path and also for those who have reached the goal. My own experience is that chi kung is compelling, you just want to do it, but I have yet to figure out intellectually why this is so. Sifu Terry, can you offer some insight about this? When I did yoga as part of my TM meditation every day for over 30 years I never really enjoyed the yoga postures and had to make myself do the asanas. But doing chi kung is something I want to do and resent having to go to work instead of being able to do more chi kung during the day. Chi kung makes itself a priority.

• Like 2

In further response to Orethecookie.

You mentioned Jim Nance of Spring Forest Chi Kung. I know of him as we do Spring Forest daily at my work place. When he states since everything is energy, then all things should be possible. What the true Masters knew is that there are different laws of Nature at work at different levels of consciousness. At the deep level of stillness of the mind that the Vedas in India call Ritam Bhara Pragya, just thinking the name of an object automatically manifests that object in your consciousness.

At this level, thoughts are things. That is how palaces, etc. were created during India's golden age. But without this knowledge, and there is a specific method of how to get to this level, people for ages have tried to improve themselves and the world just using the surface level of the mind where thoughts are not that powerful. We have to function from the Tao to bring the world back into balance. Physicists call this state the vacuum state, and one of the qualities of the vacuum state is that it is the field of all possibilities. So that brings us back to the Tao Te Ching" "Tao is the Mother of 10,000 things." Tao is the source of creation so we need to function from that level of consciousness. That is the goal of all seekers. That is what brings Heaven to Earth. That is what balances the individual, and a world filled with balanced individuals is a world in balance, harmony. And chi kung certainly is all about balancing to unite Heaven with Earth within ourselves, the microcosm of the macrocosm.

• Like 1

Every person who masters a yogic art like Flying Phoenix Chi Kung or Sunn Yee Gong is called to do something with his or her knowledge. There may be some avatar who comes along, as Tao Stillness (Steve) says, who is charged by Heaven to save the earth. But most masters of yogic arts, as far as I can "see", deal exclusively with people and are concerned primarily with healing human diseases and injuries, empowering work (kung fu), and furthering the spiritual evolution of mankind.

Sifu Terry

So if most masters deal exclusively with people, I suppose that they are charged by Heaven to do so right? Or is it a matter of choice? I'm just asking this question because if by mastering any yogic art we come closer the Oneness of things, why do masters keep an exclusivity to human beings for healing, it sounds strange no? Does it mean that God thinks we are more important than the rest?

In further response to Orethecookie.

You mentioned Jim Nance of Spring Forest Chi Kung. I know of him as we do Spring Forest daily at my work place. When he states since everything is energy, then all things should be possible. What the true Masters knew is that there are different laws of Nature at work at different levels of consciousness. At the deep level of stillness of the mind that the Vedas in India call Ritam Bhara Pragya, just thinking the name of an object automatically manifests that object in your consciousness.

At this level, thoughts are things. That is how palaces, etc. were created during India's golden age. But without this knowledge, and there is a specific method of how to get to this level, people for ages have tried to improve themselves and the world just using the surface level of the mind where thoughts are not that powerful. We have to function from the Tao to bring the world back into balance. Physicists call this state the vacuum state, and one of the qualities of the vacuum state is that it is the field of all possibilities. So that brings us back to the Tao Te Ching" "Tao is the Mother of 10,000 things." Tao is the source of creation so we need to function from that level of consciousness. That is the goal of all seekers. That is what brings Heaven to Earth. That is what balances the individual, and a world filled with balanced individuals is a world in balance, harmony. And chi kung certainly is all about balancing to unite Heaven with Earth within ourselves, the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Thanks for your answers Steve, I appreciate. And I agree that the zero point is the goal of all seekers.

By possibilities I was referring to how the knowledge we get from any yogic art, so from the zero point, can be applied to all the different fields of expertise that already exist : like agriculture, ecology, biology, engineering, architecture, chemistry etc... The use of knowledge in those fields might bring balance as well and help people and the world to get healed too. So creating external systems that could work on the internal of all things.

I had a question answered by SIfu Terry that I thought I should share with you all here.

My question was regarding the Flying Phoenix Meditations and which breathing method to use, belly "buddhist" breathing or reverse breathing ... here was his response:

Just use regular abdominal breathing, what most call "natal breathing". No need for the reverse breathing focus. But I don't think that it hurts if one is already quite advanced. It's just not necessary. Being not necessary, doing reverse breathing is sort of like "gilding the lilly" and might curtail the natural maximum benefits of the Flying Phoenix system.

The Flying Phoenix breathing formula + the posture/movements do it all.

I have been practicing this method for years and love it ...

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 2

I had a question answered by SIfu Terry that I thought I should share with you all here.

My question was regarding the Flying Phoenix Meditations and which breathing method to use, belly "buddhist" breathing or reverse breathing ... here was his response:

Just use regular abdominal breathing, what most call "natal breathing". No need for the reverse breathing focus. But I don't think that it hurts if one is already quite advanced. It's just not necessary. Being not necessary, doing reverse breathing is sort of like "gilding the lilly" and might curtail the natural maximum benefits of the Flying Phoenix system.

The Flying Phoenix breathing formula + the posture/movements do it all.

I have been practicing this method for years and love it ...

Have a great day everyone!

Hi David,

Thanks for posting this and sharing my advice with the thread.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

gradually over the last few months I have come to a new sense of the FP which involves the breathing so seems appropriate to share. I have posted earlier the formula yi moves the breath, chi moves the body. Now, most of my practice focuses on intention )yi) leading the natural breath* and the by now well established form moving in response ... not exact synchrony, but in awareness one and the other harmonious might be the right word. FP has moved to a new and higher plateau, truly. Also I continue to note a new flexibility in the spine. In performing the exercises I have become increasingly aware of waves of relaxation, deep penetrating. Sometimes it feels like my heart beat is 'causing' rhythmic movement/relaxation.

Just amazing chi gong Flying Phoenix!

Today I did long form 22 min, the shortest (#) of the short forms 5 min. (the 90 second length being a gross understatement by the instructor LOL ) and the Wake me up 32 min plus a standing stake for 20 min ; spread over the morning from 5 am to 10 am.

thanks for this thread to all who contribute, but especially to Sifu Dunn .

• Like 1

Hello Aurelien,

Every person who masters a yogic art like Flying Phoenix Chi Kung or Sunn Yee Gong is called to do something with his or her knowledge. There may be some avatar who comes along, as Tao Stillness (Steve) says, who is charged by Heaven to save the earth. But most masters of yogic arts, as far as I can "see", deal exclusively with people and are concerned primarily with healing human diseases and injuries, empowering work (kung fu), guiding people to their fullest potential, and furthering spiritual evolution of individuals. Exceedingly rare, of course, is the Christ-like avatar who can effect the spiritual evolution of the human race and thus change our species' impact on the physical earth.

There's nothing wrong in dreaming of a perfect world. And yes, everything is energy, but believing that is not the same as naturally knowing that by means of direct yogic experience of the earth's energies. And even if one experientially knows that the earth is all-energy along with everything else in the Universe, one person with that understanding won't have much impact on saving the planet if one doesn't have the personal power to positively effect and rebalance the earth's energy. So to repeat what Tao Stillness noted: it would take a true avatar to feng shui the entire planet. (But, as an eternal optimist, I happen to operate on the experiential knowledge--not belief--that anything is possible through prayer except if one lies.)

In terms of how we ordinary mortals might understand how to go about slowing down or reversing mankind's cyclical drive towards destroying itself and the earth's ecosystem --by first understanding what the fundamental problem is-- one might start with reading Immanuel Velikovsky's "Worlds In Collision" and/or "Mankind in Amnesia":

http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Collision-Immanuel-Velikovsky/dp/1906833117/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391744898&sr=1-1&keywords=worlds+in+collision+velikovsky

http://www.amazon.com/Mankind-Amnesia-Immanuel-Velikovsky/dp/1906833168

Sifu Terry

Hello Sifu Terry,,

I didn't dream, the second part of your comment wasn't there the first time I read it right? If it was, I feel a bit stupid for insisting and asking you more details about why masters healers were more focused on humans than the rest. :blush: So sorry for that. Thank you very much for your answer. Could you please elaborate on what is exactly an avatar? Christlike or others? Can the same avatar be met under different shapes?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Aurélien

Edited by oreothecookie
  • Like 1

Hello FP Practitioiners,

Because I had to resort to doing all of the basic level FP Meditations to knock down a cold that was starting a week ago Monday, I continued to practice all of the basic level FP in addition to everything that I normally practice. I again confirmed for myself that the distinctive fluorescent sky-blue FP Healing Energy is produced only through the Basic Level of the FP Chi Kung, which is the material taught in my DVD series. This cultivation alone is sufficient to empower one's healing art to a super-normal level. In fact, and I verified this by checking my notes and a 1991 video tape of GM Doo Wai saying so:

JUST ONE OF THE STANDING BASIC STANDING FP MEDITATIONS IS ENOUGH TO EMPOWER/IMBUE ONE WITH PROFOUND HEALING ABILITY--THAT MOST PEOPLE WOULD DESCRIBE AS "MIRACULOUS." And when coupled with practice of the rest of the system, GM Doo Wai said, "You will be able to do even more amazing things." (I shared this videotape footage with Sifu Hearfield very recently.)

I forgot to post this on Jan.4-- it was my morning "wake-up" routine:

1. Tao Tan Pai 5 Dragons

2. Monk Serves Wine 70 50 20 10 (Vol.7) - 20 min.

3. Monk Serves Wine 60 70 40 10 (Vol.7) - 16 min.

4. Monk Holding Peach.

5. Wind through Treetops

6. Wind Above the Clouds

7. Standing Long Form Med. (Vol.4) two times.

8. Monk Gazing At Moon.

9-11. Moonbeam Splashing on Water (3x at various speeds)

[steps 2 to 11 total time = 2 hrs. 10 minutes]

12-15. Four Advanced Flying Phoenix Standing Meditations. (30 min.)

Keep the MSW-naming Haiku's coming!

Happy New Year,

Sifu Terry Dunn

You should produce an app/program/DVD with a matrix option for custom routines :excl:

• Like 2

You should produce an app/program/DVD with a matrix option for custom routines :excl:

Raynevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. In actuality, that's what I tried to do in the 2-fold brochure instructions that were enclosed with my DVD series, which is also on my website:

http://taichimania.com/essentialguidelines.html

But even a matrix format displaying options of various training schedules of FP Meditations I think will be giving a little too much structure and direction on my part. Everyone approaches and responds to the FP Qigong system differently. 22 years ago, I learned the system in a particular order from GM Doo Wai with back-up by two of his senior students at the time. Thus I have presented the "Basic Level" of the FP Chi Kung system on the DVD series in the same order that GM Doo Wai taught them to me. And my basic guidance has been for beginning students of Qigong to:

(1) Go through all the exercises in Vols 1, 2 and 3 and find the FP Meditations that resonate the most--i.e., that generate the most tangible and profound rejuvenating effects--and practice those exercises every day for 3 to 6 months (two standing and two seated on a daily basis, if possible)

(2) and then, as time permits, gradually add to that practice the other less immediately impactful exercises, so that one ultimately practices all the FP exercises regularly. (e.g., At 6 mos. down the road, one can "rotate out" the initial most powerful exercises, and add on the others...so that one covers all of the FP Meditations in Vols. 1 through 3 and then is fully conditioned and ready to learn the Long Form Standing meditation taught on Volume 4.

(3) Learn and master the Long Form Standing Meditation on Volume 4. Again, when one has gained proficiency in practicing the Long Form Standing Meditation on Vol.4 with eyes closed and breathing sequence from memory, this practice subsumes and obviates the practice of all the shorter meditations of the preceding volumes, and one has crossed a major threshold in FP Qigong and the art of Qigong in general--both in terms of deriving REAL health benefits, and in terms of beginning to master Energy Work. (If one is advanced in Tai Chi Chuan or other internal arts, one can jump right into Volume 3 or Volume 4--as "ridingtheox" did several years ago--and derive excellent benefits. But the entire FPCK system on the DVD series is worth completing and practicing thoroughly).

I cannot emphasize how important it is to cover the entire Flying Phoenix Qigong system as presented on the DVD series. Sifu Hearfield and several of my students and DVD users have posted on this thread at different times helpful reminders that Flying Phoenix Heavening Healing Chi Meditations is rare becuase it is a complete SYSTEM of Taoist Chi Kung. Most of what is published in books and videos in the past decade (1) is not even Qigong according to my standards and experience-based definition of what Qigong is and how it works, and (2) produce no significant lasting or at anytime tangible health effects except by temporary placebo effect and hypnotic self-delusion...and that includes a whole slew of downstream dilutions generally dubbed "modern qigong". At best, such made-up systems might have the same effect as the many modern systems of diluted Indian Yoga presently taught in the U.S. (excluding Ana Forrest's Ashtanga teachings, of course.) I again sigh--as I did about 3 years ago on this thread-- and deplore the recent trend of dilution and "MacDonaldization" of Qigong--that very low quality bits and pieces of calisthenic flotsam are being peddled as Qigong exercises--such that unwitting health experts like Dr. Mehmet Oz are encouraging the practice of generic Qigong exercises--which again, are not Qigong--because there is no such thing as generic Qigong!

Now back to my urging of all FP Practitiioners to practice the entire basic level of the Flying Phoenix System: I will defer to Solala Towler, publisher of original "Empty Vessel" Journal of Contemporary Taoism of the past 25 years or so (and whose publication is now on line at http://abodetao.com/tag/solala-towler/ ) who wrote this about the first FP Chi Kung video series I produced on VHS cassette in 1994, which I now post here--20 years later-- to remind readers that Ehrmeishan Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Kung ("Fei Feng San Gung") created by Taoist monk Feng Tao Teh is a complete system--preserved by six generations of GM Doo Wai's lineage, which makes it a rare yogic treasure:

"Because of the great interest in Qigong in the west, it is important to have bona fide teachings by bona fide teachers. Too often students wind up learning a little bit of this form and a little bit of another, while never learning any complete system. This series is a good example of a serious and gifted instructor who offers a complete system of healing qigong to the serious student." -- Solala Towler, Editor, The Empty Vessel -- Journal of Contemporary Taoism.

Thank you once again, Solala.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Hello Sifu Terry,,

I didn't dream, the second part of your comment wasn't there the first time I read it right? If it was, I feel a bit stupid for insisting and asking you more details about why masters healers were more focused on humans than the rest. :blush: So sorry for that. Thank you very much for your answer. Could you please elaborate on what is exactly an avatar? Christlike or others? Can the same avatar be met under different shapes?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Aurélien

Aurelien,

Avatar is a sanskrit term that means: the human or animal form of a Hindu god on earth, but which connotes deliberate descent or incarnation of a powerful divinity or supreme being (into human or animal form, btw). Applied outside of Hinduism, Jesus Christ and the Buddha could be described as avatars. In Buddhism, bodhisattva's can also be considered avatars: spiritual beings who have gotten off the wheel of deaths and rebirths but who out of compassion choose to reincarnate in order to help mankind move towards the divine. Saints recognized by major religions can be generally termed "avatars."

In the most dumbed-down popular usage, "avatar" is the graphic, iconic representation of a person playing a video game. Ironically--but not surprisingly, the super-successful James Cameron animated film "Avatar" used the term in the most pedestrian and absolutely non-spiritual sense: the "avatar" was the genetically engineered humanoid-with-tail Na'vi body with the mind of a remotely located human. So that was a godless avatar--and therefore, according to my traditional sense of th word, NOT an avatar! Way to go Hollywood, you lowest-denominating mopes!!!

Aurelien, you ask fun question: "Can the same avatar be met under different shapes?"

I suppose if an avatar was a powerful yogin or magus, he could easily "shift his shape" and appear to the same person in different forms. Not only that, an avatar could also easily appear to multiple persons at the same time. You can learn to practice this yourself by using Carlos Castaneda's instructions for "dreaming the double" outlined in his fifth book. Towards the beautiful ending of his fourth book, Castaneda also gives a account of one of his teachers appearing differently at the same time to three groups of his students around a campfire, including Carlos. For as we know--or should know if we are accomplished yogins--the space-time continuum is indeed foldable. There are many accounts of both in the religious, yogic, and mythic literature across all cultures. If the avatar is supremely powerful, it would not even have to be a "shape-shifter"; it would simply telepathically place the desired image of itself into the mind of the observer, as easily as my spiritual guide communicates with me at times solely with images from a particular Tarocchi deck.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Anyone wishing to find out first hand if an avatar can appear at multiple places simultaneously is welcome to attend a Oneness movement free 3 Chambers process to experience the physical manifestation of the Divine. This new method has been tested in India and is now available worldwide.

Sifu Terry, would you mind giving us a list of the chi kung dvds which you consider to be worthless?

One of the most beautiful and well taught chi kung videos by a famous modern teacher using a method from the Wudang mountains tested as producing not much value at all. And last night I just viewed a nice looking one from a chi kung teacher who spent a lot of years in China and it appeared to have a lot of calesthetics type chi kung movements to it which I have never enjoyed. It was one of those do it once and done for me to add to the pile of chi kung videos that I have discarded.

Aurelien,

Avatar is a sanskrit term that means: the human or animal form of a Hindu god on earth, but which connotes deliberate descent or incarnation of a powerful divinity or supreme being (into human or animal form, btw). Applied outside of Hinduism, Jesus Christ and the Buddha could be described as avatars. In Buddhism, bodhisattva's can also be considered avatars: spiritual beings who have gotten off the wheel of deaths and rebirths but who out of compassion choose to reincarnate in order to help mankind move towards the divine. Saints recognized by major religions can be generally termed "avatars."

In the most dumbed-down popular usage, "avatar" is the graphic, iconic representation of a person playing a video game. Ironically--but not surprisingly, the super-successful James Cameron animated film "Avatar" used the term in the most pedestrian and absolutely non-spiritual sense: the "avatar" was the genetically engineered humanoid-with-tail Na'vi body with the mind of a remotely located human. So that was a godless avatar--and therefore, according to my traditional sense of th word, NOT an avatar! Way to go Hollywood, you lowest-denominating mopes!!!

Aurelien, you ask fun question: "Can the same avatar be met under different shapes?"

I suppose if an avatar was a powerful yogin or magus, he could easily "shift his shape" and appear to the same person in different forms. Not only that, an avatar could also easily appear to multiple persons at the same time. You can learn to practice this yourself by using Carlos Castaneda's instructions for "dreaming the double" outlined in his fifth book. Towards the beautiful ending of his fourth book, Castaneda also gives a account of one of his teachers appearing differently at the same time to three groups of his students around a campfire, including Carlos. For as we know--or should know if we are accomplished yogins--the space-time continuum is indeed foldable. There are many accounts of both in the religious, yogic, and mythic literature across all cultures. If the avatar is supremely powerful, it would not even have to be a "shape-shifter"; it would simply telepathically place the desired image of itself into the mind of the observer, as easily as my spiritual guide communicates with me at times solely with images from a particular Tarocchi deck.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you for this very complete answer Sifu Terry, I'm impressed with the vast knowledge that you possess and your ability to answer most questions by quoting books and references and to be as well as open as you are. The real knowledge you have shows through everytime you write something, it's not just blablah about spiritual stuff, you're pointing to the direction we should go if we want to find the answers to our questions

I think I asked the question about the shapes of the same avatar because you mentioned the term Christ-like avatar, instead of just Christ avatar, which made me think that once enlightened it was possible for an avatar to come back in the cycles on reincarnation and transfer his essence/consciousness to several bodies human or animal at the same time or not. But if we take this reasoning further, it could mean that different avatars might end up being the same one, like Jesus might just be the incarnation of the Buddha no?

Hello everyone. Just wanted to jump in and first thank everyone who has posted in this thread. To make a long story short, I discovered this quite by accident a few days ago. I have the Flying Phoenix DVDs, but just never got around to them. I started reading through, learned a lot, and decided it was time to start practicing.

Yesterday was my first session. I will practice again tonight.

I will chime in every now and then with updates on my progress and any questions.

Sifu Terry, a special thanks to you for all the knowledge and wisdom you have posted.

Peace.

Hello everyone. Just wanted to jump in and first thank everyone who has posted in this thread. To make a long story short, I discovered this quite by accident a few days ago. I have the Flying Phoenix DVDs, but just never got around to them. I started reading through, learned a lot, and decided it was time to start practicing.

Yesterday was my first session. I will practice again tonight.

I will chime in every now and then with updates on my progress and any questions.

Sifu Terry, a special thanks to you for all the knowledge and wisdom you have posted.

Peace.

Hello MRWHY,

Welcome to the FPCK thread. I'm glad to hear that you've gotten around to practicing the FP MEDITATIONS and that you already have the DVD's.

And thank you for the compliment about my postings. It's really a pleasure to have a forum and a reason to discuss the many aspects of this truly wonderful meditative practice that is so healing and enriching in the most tangible way. So, I also want to express thanks to all the subscribers' and FP practitioners' interesting questions and even their challenging points of view...because in responding to the many questions and comments over the years, I've had to stretch on many occasions and reach to a deeper or a higher, more inspired view of the knowledge that I already had but hadn't quite processed or fully applied fully to a teaching situation. By way of explanation--and being that it's mercuiry retrograde, I'll pay a little homage to one of the more influential martial arts teachers in my life, John Davidson, who was the senior student of Share K. Lew at the Taoist Sanctuary in L.A. and then San Diego (when it moved there in the late up 70's) who taught me perhaps the most about what to do with the yogic , healing and martial arts knowledge that the master taught us. It was Davidson who during a short window of about 3-4 years in the late 1970's and early 80's brilliantly funneled down the Tao Tan Pai knowledge from Master Lew to all of us students--in the semantically perfect context of "warriorship" as taught in Carlos Castaneda's series of books about Yaqui Indian sorcery. On top of the many practicum lessons in Tao Tan Pai healing, neikung, and kung fu--many of them breath-taking, John left an indelible reminder in my head early on when in response to some question as to why we practiced some meditation a certain way, I said, "I know the answer, but I can't articulate it." To which his spirit retorted, "You must articulate. If you can't articulate, you know NOTHING!! --so that is, to some extent, why I try to give the most accurate answers that I can.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Anyone wishing to find out first hand if an avatar can appear at multiple places simultaneously is welcome to attend a Oneness movement free 3 Chambers process to experience the physical manifestation of the Divine. This new method has been tested in India and is now available worldwide.

Sifu Terry, would you mind giving us a list of the chi kung dvds which you consider to be worthless?

One of the most beautiful and well taught chi kung videos by a famous modern teacher using a method from the Wudang mountains tested as producing not much value at all. And last night I just viewed a nice looking one from a chi kung teacher who spent a lot of years in China and it appeared to have a lot of calesthetics type chi kung movements to it which I have never enjoyed. It was one of those do it once and done for me to add to the pile of chi kung videos that I have discarded.

Hi Steve,

Why don't you post a list of Chi Kung DVD's that you found to be ineffective or a waste of time. Your experience and opinion is just as valid as anybody else's, including my own. Especially since you have so many years of TM and are attuned to Sri Bhagavan's Oneness Meditation channel. Plus you have Eric Isen's excellent back-up as a medical clairvoyant. There's nothing wrong with expressing your opinion of a program that you've experienced --either positive or negative--as a public service.

For most of my life, my policy has been: not to go out of my way to say or post negative or derogatory comments about other people's published works on martial, yogic, and healing arts--unless the material is directly harmful in my opinion or the teacher is a menace to society (and I have come across a couple of these). Hence last fall, I came out with scathing criticism of this terrible Tai Chi informercial product called "Tai Cheng" sold by this company called "Beach Bodies" that sells aerobic fitness programs on American television. I came out hard and blasted this terrible Tai Chi material because (in my somewhat expert opinion) the instructor makes beginners' mistakes--that if emulated would cause actual harm--and in my opinion, by no stretch of reason or common sense should be teaching what he teaches to the masses. See my posting and the thread at:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/28585-tai-cheng-infomercial-2013-cheez-whiz-or-what/

Actually, that was easy follow-up on my part because a friend of mine, Debbie Shayne, co-owner of Plum Publications/Logos Books in Santa Cruz, CA was the tip of the spear who first came out railing at "Tai Cheng" and called it a "Cheez Whiz" version of Tai Chi Chuan. I could only agree.

I have not seen any other Chi Kung videos other than one that the program director at a PBS affiliate in San Mateo sent to me in 2008 as an example of something that PBS would promote as a premium give-away during its fundraising pledge drives. the DVD was titled, "7 Minutes of Magic" by Lee Holden, and was described as a blend of "the best of qigong and yoga" and had a morning and an evening routine. i wasn't impressed with any of it because the Qigong as certainly not best of anything that I had ever seen in 35 years, nor was the yoga remarkable. (And with regards, to yoga, I have very high standards as well and the only Yoga instructor that I laud and support in America is Ana Forrest as I used to rent her studio space in Santa Monica in the early 1990's to teach my Tai Chi classes and I exchanged lessons (her Yoga for my Tai Chi) for several weeks)--and she was the first Yoga instructor to show me the physiologically and psychologically transformative power of Ashtanga Yoga. (nowadays, Ana now worldwide teaching workshops for instructors in her expression of Ashtanga Yoga). The Holden DVD looked nice, it was filmed in a beautiful lakeshide setting, but the content in my opinion was totally unremarkable. But such pleasant-looking, innocuous, ho-hum workout is what PBS saw fit to distribute a lot through its pledge drives, I guess. When I sighed about the dumbing down and dilution of Qigong--specifically citing this program after I saw it--to my Tao Tan Pai classmate Hugh Morison, he said,

"What do you expect?!!!--what do you think America is going to buy more of: Bud Light or Trappist Ale?!!!"

Well, at least 7 Minutes of Magic isn't as bad and potentially injurious as "Tai Cheng". But in my opinion, it does not represent Qigong well nor anything close to a complete body of Qigong knowledge that will trigger the body's natural healing processes nor extend your life. Period. And the fact that the terms "energy", "energy expert", "healing", and "modern qigong" are used in this kind of programs' promotional ads, just makes me wince. For Qigong is a rarified and sublime art. But this packaging of downstream hokum and this sort of lowest-denominator marketing is simply irritating to me. Maybe I'm just getting too old--and beyond the age of tolerance.

So Steve, other than these 2 products, I can't give a critique on other Qigong DVD's because I haven't seen any others. If anyone cares to send me sample DVD's to view or Youtube clips to review, I'll be glad to give my honest opinion of the material. But as I said earlier: Steve, you should post your evaluations of various Qigong DVD programs that you've tried, especially since you have a solid experiential base of knowledge from Oneness Meditation, TM, your Flying Phoenix practice and from your practice of Sifu Garry's Sunn Yee Gung.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you Sifu Terry for such an open and informative reply. I will create my personal and tested findings from my experience with probably 15 different styles of chi kung over the past 7 years to the best of my memory and the saved test reports from Eric. I will do it all off the top of my head since I have a virus now and have not enough energy to do too much with any project right now. Yet, here I sit having Grand Master Doo Wai's 18 meditations for healing using just the one same breathing sequence for all of them, called "Wind Among the Heavens" but the lethargy of the virus makes doing them a daunting task, LOL. The irony of it all.

Let us start with Lee Holden who was my first do it once and then throw the dvd away. Seemed more like calisthenics. Spring Forest I have done for the past 7 years but only at work because we needed something very simple that severely mentally ill people can do. They cannot put the effort into learning how to do the breathing sequence of Flying Phoenix. Spring Forest does result in feeling chi sensations and the movements are easy to learn. I like it but I never thought it was high level and never bothered to have it tested. Keep in mind as I share my experiences that I have been told I do not have a strong enough connection to my right brain as there are energy blocks in the corpus collosum so I am very left brained. So if I actually can feel subtle energy from a method, that means a lot that someone like me can feel something from it. Next, we have Falun Dafa. This is very powerful. I actually felt the etheric Falun Wheel being installed in my lower dan tien a few days after learning the method. Eric recently tested it for a second time and found that just as that Master claims, it does open all energy channels, major and subtle, and the Falun Wheel generates chi 24/7 as claimed. When Eric tested it several years ago he described what the wheel looked like and it did match the pictures of it. He to my knowledge had never seen any of these pictures. Strong chi from this but here is the downside: you have to hold each of the static postures as long as you can before moving to the next one. As time went on I was able to hold them longer and longer but I had to go to work or later had to go to bed at night! Then you have to do this meditation for an hour holding your arms out at the sides. It was time consuming and it felt like torture. So I gave up 2 times after doing it for 90 days. There was time to do nothing else because of Falun. Then Qinway Qigong from the female master who sends this dvd which sets up a Qi field in your house when you play it. I enjoyed doing it and Eric found that Divine energy is indeed being given off from her dvd and all of her products like Qi infused tea and small deity statues. Not sure why I did not stick with that one. There are others that I discarded because they were too hard for me to learn to do. Cannot recall the names.

I really liked Dragon Gate Chi Kung dvd, very simple to do and strong chi. It is a series of 4 static postures. Eric tested it and found it to be powerful but then 2 yrs ago I saw this ad for Flying Phoenix Healing Chi Kung and Eric told me to drop Dragon Gate and pursue FP as it was much more powerful and beneficial. Eric found that FP opens energy channels, chakras, etc, improves health, but also taps into a higher dimensional energy as does the other Grand Master Doo Wai videos. So FP is not this ordinary chi kung giving just health benefits. Other levels are being tapped into. In terms of enjoying the FP postures and the chi sensations in my hands and at times in third eye, I do not have to tell anyone about that. I find FP the most compelling chi kung method to do. The downside for me is that there are so many meditations to the system but I do not have time to do them justice so that was very frustrating for me. I then started doing Sunn Yee Gong, also from GM Doo Wai. These were tested as being very powerful. I enjoyed doing them and they were easy to do. But again, there were multiple levels of meditations to do and I just did not have the time to do the system justice. But very strong chi could be felt from them. I did GM Doo Wai's 690 AD dvd, the bone fide version. It was tested as giving me "Divine Blessings" from the light/energy that Eric saw above my head. Problem with this I could only do the static part 2 postures as the moving meds were not broken down so there was no way to learn them as I could not figure out all of those crossing hand movements. But the static ones gave really powerful chi sensations in the hands. To not offend any teachers of Primordial Qigong from Wudang mountain I will lump them all together as I have had 2 of the main dvds from this style tested and they showed not much benefit at all even though it a beautiful movement to watch. Gift of the Tao was tested to be very powerful and good for the immune system but I could not learn one of the movements. I need more slow motion breakdowns to learn from a dvd. But it is supposed to be very good. StillnessMovement from the same teacher of Gift of the Tao is also very powerful but requires energy transmission from the teacher and learning it at a workshop. Here is a warning. I recently saw this beautiful movement of Taoist Wudang 5 Animal Form Qigong and loved the flowing movements. Eric tested it and saw "black energy" at various locations on my nervous system if I were to do it. He could not interpret that energy but said it did not look good and warned me to not get this dvd. A few years ago I had Shibashi tested, the movements look great. Eric found that it would not have a good effect on my nervous system so I did not order it. Robert Peng's chi kung tested good and I tried it but that was right before I found Flying Phoenix and it did not compare to FP. Celestial Chi Kung tested very well but not as good as FP. I am sounding like a real bar hopper!

My New Year's resolution was to find a powerful chi kung method which did not take long to practice and was also easy to learn. Soon after that I stumbled upon a post on Taobums and was communicating with someone who told me that Pangu Mystical Qigong was the simplest form he had ever done but also the powerful in feeling chi. I had it tested and learned that it works by opening the most important 3 nadis/energy channels of the 72,000 nadis in Vedic terms. The 2 side channels and the middle channel and this will result in kundalini rising and that is what heals the body from this practice. It only takes 20 minutes to perform. So that is what I have been doing so far this new year as it fits my time constrained requirements. Looking back at all of the test results I would say that any chi kung meditation from GM Doo Wai is the best. I just think one would have to live more than one life time to be able to learn all of them and to find the time to do them. Please keep in mind that the clairvoyant testing shows how these methods work on me, the testing is for the individual and thus the results cannot always apply generally to other people. Also, no chi kung session has given me the depth of relaxation or transcendence of thoughts that comes from doing Transcendental Meditation. To me the experiences between meditation and chi kung do not compare. I do chi kung for health reasons and as a spiritual tool. People who do Bhagavan's Oneness Blessing have amazing experiences and claim there is no other energy like it. Unfortunately, I have never felt any sensation in the least from it and I have been doing it for the past 6 years and I am a Blessing Giver of this energy. Sad but true. It is my hope that perhaps some day chi kung will clear away whatever is blocking Oneness Energy from working for me. And since I have such a slightly used collection of chi kung dvds, anyone is welcome to buy them from me. Almost forgot to mention Dragon and Tiger Medical Qigong. I bought it because I love the name! It tested very well, especially for health, liver and lungs. I never even looked at the dvd after starting to read the book and it seemed hips have to be at certain angles, etc. That kind of precise alignment is not for me. I read good things about Jerry Alan Johnson's dvd, "Chi Kung, the Healing Workout". Tried it once and discarded it as it seemed to much calesthetics and the breakdowns and teaching is not that great. It just could be that I am 66 yrs old now and I just don't learn as quickly as I used to so I need really simple, basic forms to do. But at least I have my own Ebay chi kung store! It is said that there are hundreds of different styles of chi kung. I am beginning to think it is more like thousands of chi kung forms to choose from. Without a medical clairvoyant telling me what each one does, I would be clueless, it would be trial and error. How would you like to be one of those guys who has spent decades doing just one chi kung form and that one turned out to be low level chi kung?

This brings up a great topic for Sifu Terry. What makes Flying Phoenix high level chi kung?

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 7