Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

,I'm wondering if Sifu Terry is shipping to Eastern Europe

Yes he does :) . But since there are many countries in Eastern Europe, you can also check the order form that your country is on the shipping list to make sure.

pitishukha - welcome to the thread!

To answer your question the DVD's do a great job of providing step by step insteuction on how to do each Flying Phoenix meditation exercise. Some of the meditations are done static (no movement) while most are done with movement. Some are done standing, others seated.

The Flying Phoenix energy cultivated by the practice of the meditations is a cumulative, healing energy. Initially the FP energy will heal the practitioner. Over time and with enough practice, the energy will build to the point that one can heal others.

Best bet is to purchase the DVD titled "Flying Phoenix Chi Kung Volume One: Five Basic Standing Meditations" and discover the practice for yourself. There are seven DVD volumes in all, btw. You can find them on Sifu Terry Dunn's website or Amazon.

HTH.

Hi Pitishukha,

Welcome to the Flying Phoenix thread.

Fu_dog has very nicely described the effectiveness of the DVD series in teaching the FP Qigong system.

In answer to your question of whether the Flying Phoenix DVD training program can enable one to heal others:

Yes, depending upon one's nature and level of compassion or will-to-heal, the ability to heal is definitely cultivated by the exercises contained in the CKFH dVD series. Even if healing others is not in one's heart, the FP qigong will still effect self-healing. One's belief system, or being totally pre-occupied mentally, or even dissipated in terms of mental focus will still not prevent the FP Qigong exercises' self-healing effects.

However, I have experienced teaching some students who were so tense and so dense with such extremely rigid ego structures that they felt the effects of the FP Qigong every time they practiced but it doesn't immediately register with their spirit or even in the short term. Different people experience the energy break-throughs and the elevation awareness at different times. But I find that most people who experience FP Qigong take to its energy like children to cotton candy. The distinctive and tangible Flying Phoenix healing energy is real and discernibly different from all other forms of chi cultivated by other authentic systems of Qigong. And if practiced diligently and correctly, over the longer term of just a couple of years, the reserve of FP healing energy cumulatively cultivated in one's body (as described by Fu_dog) can facilitate spontaneous healings of others, as I have described early on in this thread. That's one of the most marvelous and wonderful aspects of Fei Feng San Gung--Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations.

Thanks for your question about FP Qigong practice for the purpose of healing others.

My teacher of FP Qigong in the 1990's, GM Doo Wai, was a man of many qualities who was the inheritor of a vast body of pretty damn awesome ancient alchemic knowledge through his family lineage. The Grandmaster could be jocular, jovial, and joke-cracking in one minute and also a deadly serious disciplinarian when teaching his Kung Fu in the next. But cutting through all the controversy surrounding his many demonstrations of internal energy and the claims surrounding his Kung Fu, he told my classmates and I one thing that will always uphold when it comes to the Bok Fu Pai tradition. He said, "Healing is the most important thing."

Enjoy your FP practice and please keep us informed of your progress.

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Thank you for the answers!!

Two more questions:

I'm practicing samatha and vipassana meditations, is FP compatible with these practices?

Is there any FP instructor in Europe, maybe near Italy?

Thanks again

You dont learn a weapon to be flashy, this is real kung fu not a joke or a fad, just like the meditations no joke. :)

Thank you, Si-hing Garry, for emphasizing the seriousness of our Bok Fu Pai family of arts and reminding all of the seriousness of authentic Kung-Fu--without which there would be no Qigong known to the populace of late...and no Qi-empowered healing arts in China and as I have explained the inseparable evolution of Chinese martial and healing arts.

When Grandmaster Share K. Lew asked a group of us Tao Tan Pai students in the late 1970's what we thought Kung-Fu was for, no one came up with an answer that satisfied him in that Zen moment. After various mamby-pamby answers were given such as "for health and self-defense", "to become strong in body and spirit", and a couple of other tepid ones I can't recall, he said loudly:

"All of you are wrong! Kung-fu is for one thing and one thing only: Kung Fu is for killing."

"Healer by day, Kung-fu teacher" by night has always been the Chinese holistic tradition for millennia.

Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations, created by Divine Genius channeled by Taoist monk Feng Tao Teh, is purely for healing. Just as the Flying Phoenix sword of Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu is for cutting and killing.

So please, for those of you who have now tasted the profound benefits of Flying Phoenix Qigong, have a little respect for the complete path of knowledge that carries this little bit of yogic technology. There is so much, much more.

--and thank you Taiji Cat for your recent over-the-top ecstatic and joyous acknowledgement of Flying Phoenix Qigong's profound rejuvenating effects! I'm very glad to hear of your thrilling experience with the advanced "Monk Serves Wine" seated Meditaitons of Volume 7. I recall that a month or two ago there was discussion led by Fu-dog about the profound and--as you just discovered--immediate healing effects of 2 meditations in Vol. 7 in particular, which returned hair to its natural color--for us older codgers. I will respond fully to your post(s) soon, which I'm sorry I missed. I have been extremely busy with overwhelming business and legal matters swirling around my creative work, and am catching up with the thread's discussion as best I can.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

I was recently at a friends house who is doing FP and he showed me the first 2 meditations from vol 7 without the breath percentage (he told me to buy the dvd to get the bp).There's only one thing that I can say after doing the 2 meds:

WOW!!WOW!WOW!WOW!!!

There are simply no words to describe the feeling----you guys this is THE REAL STUFF

I literally felt sections of my brain turning on and off depending on the hand positions

After that I felt complete LOVE with my entire body,so much that I almost raped myself in the mirror :) :)

Now,I've been reading some "interesting" stuff online about GM Doo Wai,that hes a crazy old man,he made up all the systems from the BFP and that his art is faker than the bridge I have for sale.I have only one word for them : ****** **** ***!

I''ll be ordering the complete set as soon as I deal with my financial problems,I'm wondering if Sifu Terry is shipping to Eastern Europe

Hello Taiji_cat,

Congratulations on your wonder-filled initiation into Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Meditations!

Wow Wow Wow!!! x 3 is right. It's the normal exhilaration of being LIT-UP by the Flying Phoenix alchemy. 'Happy for you.

I literally felt sections of my brain turning on and off depending on the hand positions

After that I felt complete LOVE with my entire body, so much that I almost raped myself in the mirror.

Yes, all great Yogas are complete, sufficient in themselves, and self-explanatory. For example, now you know what "bliss" means--er at least one type!

"There are simply no words to describe the feeling----you guys this is THE REAL STUFF"

Yes, it is. As my newest student here in L.A., 31- year old Al Lee ecstatically put it his generation's parlance:

"Oh man...This is the fucking shit!"

My broader meaning of "complete, sufficient, and self-explanatory" is that if you master a great Yoga like Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, your intuitive genius will be so connected to Cosmic Truth that can write your very own Tao Te Ching. (But until one attains such all-mastery, one should maintain good decorum in the eyes of the Universe by following the principles of Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching!)

If you practice further--and with the breath control formulas at the start of each exercise--you will tangibly feel the phenomenon that GM Doo Wai coined as the "washing" in the brain, where every cell in the brain is felt turning on and off. And with more practice, this "washing" or "slow swishing" sensation occurs with just the initial hand movements of a particular MSW Meditation and will continue without any hand/arm movements. And when you master any one of these Monk Serves Wine Meditations--basic or advanced, it doesnt matter--you will be able to bring on the same brain-energizing-washing effects just by doing the breath-control sequence--without doing the movements!

As for cultivating Higher Intelligence with FP Qigong and furthering one's spiritual evolution, after one has the Basic Standing and Seated FP meditations well-established, do three Monk Serves Wine meditations in succession (7 reps of each, with eyes closed, of course), and then try looking at your favorite and most familiar spiritual artworks This may be a Tibetan eye chart, Tibetan Yantric art, a Taoist Magickal Talisman, the pattern on an Amish quilt, the spiritual artworks of Hildegard von Bingen, or the Enochian Tablets (for all you Western Hermetic Philosophers out there). They may look different to you after you've turned over and washed your brain with the Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations! (I had a profound experience by doing this in 1996 that will be described in detail in my forthcoming book on FP Qigong.)

Enjoy your further explorations of FP Qigong, TC_cat!

Sifu Terry

P.S. Yes, my company does ship to eastern Europe.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

I love your updates Sifu, and I agree - FP is the fucking shit... haha. We sure appreciate your taking the time to answer our questions personally, and without pretense! I gotta admit, I enjoy seeing qigong masters use profanity (or at least repeating it, not pretending there's some absolute darkness to the words), there's something refreshing to it! It might turn some people away (including myself from five years ago, when I belonged to a puritan sect), but as the Dao de Jing says, great straightness seems crooked. As I practice FP and read more Daoist and Buddhist literature, I'm seeing that many things I took for crooked may have been straight, and vice versa! I feel very fortunate to be on this journey.

I have one quick question: are there any mantras or chants that you would recommend for FP practitioners? I've been searching for mantras associated with Puxian (the same way the Great Compassion Mantra is associated with Avalokitesvara), to no avail.

Edited by alleswasderfallist
  • Like 1

Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations, created by Divine Genius channeled by Taoist monk Feng Tao Teh, is purely for healing. Just as the Flying Phoenix sword of Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu is for cutting and killing.

So please, for those of you who have now tasted the profound benefits of Flying Phoenix Qigong, have a little respect for the complete path of knowledge that carries this little bit of yogic technology. There is so much, much more.

Different schools have diff theories. I recently read Ya Mu's article on this subj and opened thread on it. According to Ya Mu's perception all MA forms have attached karma to it. Because it is designed for killing. And regarding my recent query on benefits of FP sword form it turned out that benefits are to know how to kill and cut others. I do not know if it is useful in our time. Self defence is good skill but as I was taught in my Aikido training for over 3 years the martial art is not for killing but for giving a gift of life to others even if they attack you. And as I was taught internal MA are designed for cultivation of spirit and health. Martial aspect was secondary. If we regard other internal MA like taichi or bagua we will see it is designed for health and spirit benefits first of all. And I personally would not commit in practice how to kill others. Hope it makes sense

Eugene - yes, I understand there is a paradox associated with the Chinese energetic arts.

For years I practiced Wah Lum Northern Praying Mantis Kung Fu, taught by Grandmaster Chan Poi in Orlando, Florida. The art is graceful and beautiful, and is also chock full of killing techniques.

Interesting, but Grandmaster Chan was taught Wah Lum at a temple in China many years ago. The monks at the temple also taught ethics, morals, correct behavior, healing arts and espoused a peaceful way of life.

So the tradition of Chinese arts include both the yin and the yang, and at least for me both are to be embraced.

• Like 4

I have written before how the martial arts of China can best be understood if we consider the history of China where the populace has not been safe due to almost constant warfare, warlords, political fighting, foreign invasions, bandits. So martial arts were learned by so many just to stay alive in those days for generations. And Shaolin and other temples were not safe from persecution so the monks had to fight to stay alive. I don't think we can understand the Chinese people without understanding what they had to do just to survive centuries of bloodshed. Self-defense was not an option, it was a necessity. I think those who have served in Vietnam might have a better understanding of the Asian situation. Friendly villagers by day, Viet Cong by night. Just my take on China. Survival of the fittest.

• Like 2

To answer the question about mantras for the deity. I come from a Vedic tradition where our meditation is based on mantras which means the benefits to mind body spirit come from a vibration/energy which purifies the nervous system. The mantra is the medium for that vibratory energy which is ultimately Divine in essence and source. Flying Phoenix is Heavenly Healing Method. So I think there is no need to add a mantra when the FP meditations already produce the vibration/energy associated with Spiritual healing which to me is all inclusive of mind body spirit. The song comes to mind, "Who Could Ask for Anything More?"

• Like 1

To answer the question about mantras for the deity. I come from a Vedic tradition where our meditation is based on mantras which means the benefits to mind body spirit come from a vibration/energy which purifies the nervous system. The mantra is the medium for that vibratory energy which is ultimately Divine in essence and source. Flying Phoenix is Heavenly Healing Method. So I think there is no need to add a mantra when the FP meditations already produce the vibration/energy associated with Spiritual healing which to me is all inclusive of mind body spirit. The song comes to mind, "Who Could Ask for Anything More?"

I know Flying Phoenix (and more Flying Phoenix) is the best thing for my health right now. However, I want to grow spiritually and have some extra time in my schedule. I thought it'd be a good idea to practice something somewhat related to FPCK? Unless you believe it would be counterproductive?

Sifu Garry - I really appreciate your points regarding the importance of improving our spirituality as a necessary step on our path of cultivation. You have given me reason to pause and reflect on my own life, and to consider things I can do to improve myself. For this I am grateful.

This reminds me of another story regarding Grandmaster Chan Poi. There was an incident that happened when I was heavily into the practice of Wah Lum kung fu, in the early 1990's. One day a crazed man came to Grandmaster Chan's kung fu school and took out a blunt object and began to strike and deface the two fu dogs located at the front door of his kung fu school.

He was screaming profanities and disparaging things about Wah Lum kung fu, and he challenged Grandmaster Chan to a fight. He claimed to be a formidable martial artist and fighter and was there to pick a fight.

Protocol would have it that the crazy man would have to defeat Grandmaster Chan's senior students first, before he would get a shot at the Grandmaster himself. Let me say this: The senior students at that school were formidable, fearless and deadly. I would put them up against the best fighters anywhere. They were not sport fighters, but were trained to do what true kung fu teaches...to maim or kill.

Several of theses students were there and were ready to engage with the crazy man to protect the reputation of the Grandmaster Chan and the Wah Lum tradition. And I can promise Grandmaster Chan was an absolutely phenomenal martial artist who could do things that awed even his most advanced senior students. (And btw, he still is!)

So what happened? Did one of the senior students take out this crazy man? Just how far did this incident escalate?

To my great surprise Grandmaster Chan urged complete restraint. And nothing happened. The crazy man left after 10 minutes of ranting. The fu dogs were replaced a few weeks later. And all returned to normal, as if it never happened.

At the time it happened I was flabbergasted. But much later I came to understand. Though Grandmaster Chan is the lineage holder of a deadly martial art, he chose peace.

And that is the Way.

Edited to add paragraph breaks, which did not take from my iPad.

Edited by Fu_doggy
  • Like 4

walking is spiritual for me, maybe its my Aborginal ancestors, but its meditative and u with nature known as one of the best exercises ever to lose weight, stress and much more but most people forget the most basic things we are given..

• Like 3

Sifu Garry - that's downright profound...though I'm not sure how many will get it. He who has eyes, let him see.

• Like 1

Eugene - yes, I understand there is a paradox associated with the Chinese energetic arts.

For years I practiced Wah Lum Northern Praying Mantis Kung Fu, taught by Grandmaster Chan Poi in Orlando, Florida. The art is graceful and beautiful, and is also chock full of killing techniques.

Interesting, but Grandmaster Chan was taught Wah Lum at a temple in China many years ago. The monks at the temple also taught ethics, morals, correct behavior, healing arts and espoused a peaceful way of life.

So the tradition of Chinese arts include both the yin and the yang, and at least for me both are to be embraced.

Hi. Thanks for commentary. :) But I mentioned that I have experience in Aikido and I used to practice weapon and I still have couple of Japanese long wooden swords at home. So I was trained how to release someone's spirit cutting the person from baihuei point down to navel. :)

What I was saying and you don't seem to understand me that that practice has few goals. It was not actual skill how to kill but how to HEAL. Do you get me now? :) Heal yourself first of all. This practice was to help to enhance ones skills of:

patience, it was form of meditation, feel the distance and skill how to relax and thus train alignment and how to extent your mind, training of the maintaining central line and it was extantion of empty hands techniques. And it was practiced with partners for attaining all these benefits. Only working with someone else you can see where you are wrong when teacher points out to you your mistakes. But if one does it on his own one can make mistakes not even noticing what one is doing wrong. Then it only can nourish Ego and ignorance.

You seem to miss all my points and talking only how to kill skills. And IF WE REGARD FP Healing Heavenly Meditation Chikung I wondered what is goal of this sword form. You say of balance. Ok, can you elaborate it further please? If find the info about Chinese Fenghuang you will see that thT was only symbol of virtue, prosperity and peace. It has slightly different symbolism than in western mythology which I cited above. So how it helps to enhance or balance FPHHCM?

Edited by Eugene

Best bet is to purchase the DVD titled "Flying Phoenix Chi Kung Volume One: Five Basic Standing Meditations" and discover the practice for yourself. There are seven DVD volumes in all, btw. You can find them on Sifu Terry Dunn's website or Amazon.

HTH.

Yes is what I've done, I bought the first 3 dvds used on Amazon (need to save money at present...)

I'm at the third week following the schedule here http://www.taichimania.com/trainingschedule.html

so I'm doing:

- Monk Gaze at the Moon 60 40 20 15min

- Bending the Bow 70 50 40 30 10 15min

- First Med on dvd2 5 60 80 40 30 15min

- Second Med on dvd2 50 30 10 15min

The last days I feel quite strong tingling sensations in hands and arms, and a relaxing/quiet effect in the mind.

Also I feel fatigue and tension in the shoulders, neck, and when doing the 2 sitted meds in the middle/upper back

The breath percentage also give me some tension especially at tops of inhalations and exhalations

Edited by pitisukha

pitisukha - sounds like you are off to a great start! The tingling sensations in your hands are a sign of progress. The fatigue and tension in your shoulders is normal when you are first starting and should eventually lessen and go away. Regarding the percentage breathing and the tension you feel at the top of inhalations/exhalations, that's also not unusual for a person just starting. Simply stay with the practice and over time you will begin to find yourself become very comfortable with the percentage breathing.

You had asked two additional questions that I can answer here. First, is Flying Phoenix compatible with samatha and vipassana? The answer is yes, no problems doing either of those meditations either before or after the practice of FP. In fact, if you practice either of them after finishing FP (especially the seated) you may find your mind can come to stillness with extraordinary clarity.

Regarding your question about any Flying Phoenix masters in Europe, I am not aware of any. That said, the DVD's are very well done, and Sifu Terry Dunn has always made himself available when I have needed to consult with him, and I am sure he would do the same for any serious student.

Good practicing and please keep us posted with your progress!

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Fu_doggy

Yes is what I've done, I bought the first 3 dvds used on Amazon (need to save money at present...)

I'm at the third week following the schedule here http://www.taichimania.com/trainingschedule.html

so I'm doing:

- Monk Gaze at the Moon 60 40 20 15min

- Bending the Bow 70 50 40 30 10 15min

- First Med on dvd2 5 60 80 40 30 15min

- Second Med on dvd2 50 30 10 15min

The last days I feel quite strong tingling sensations in hands and arms, and a relaxing/quiet effect in the mind.

Thanks for this post. I seem to begin my practice wrong.

I read that it is advisable to practice all vol. at once for best benefits. Then that one can choose only three meds from vol. 1 and 2 from vol.2.

Now this is different. It turned out it should be done one med after another. Adding only one after one has been established. I did all vol.1 and 2 sometimes in the beginning. And another mistake was I mixed with another qigongs. What I was not supposed to do.

This is regarding mixing with another stuff. WTF man, you want to mix with vipassana or anything else?

Vipassana is part of another tradition, not just sitting. FP meds subsume vipassana. Do you want to be member of 2 traditions at the same time?

I was thinking to practice FP and SYG for 2 hours each and even this approach I think wrong. But if you want to practice vipassana I would advise to do med from same lineage. You can do seated meds longer.

Now I think not to mix anything else. Thinking to do 3 standing ones in the morning and 2 MSW. Vols 3 and 4 during day and finish a day with seated from vol.1 and vol.2.

Edited by Eugene

reading all the martial arts posts has made me consider my own path which is decidedly not martial. I am a vietnam veteran, I do know something about martial. I am a Quaker, pacifist, post-Vietnam. I have seen Quakers fend off violence with no trace of animosity and of course no martial arts, very much like Grandmaster Chan. I have seen them stop violence (I have seen that fail also)>

I practice FPCK seriously too. Moving meditations have always worked better for me. The Quaker Silent meeting not withstanding.

I enjoy this thread immensely.

Peace

• Like 3

Fu_doggy

Thank you for your quick answer!!

Eugene

Sorry, can't say if your practice was incorrect.

I can feel preoccupation of what you think should have already been appened in your practice and has not, been anxious of result can prevent a LOT of things.

Most important thing is to enjoy the present when practicing.

Probably there is not ONE correct way to practice...

Let see what sifu Terry Dunn has to say

• Like 1

Of course, please everyone forgive any grammatical error in my posts! :D :D

Edited by pitisukha

Fu_doggy

Thank you for your quick answer!!

Eugene

Sorry, can't say if your practice was incorrect.

I can feel preoccupation of what you think should have already been appened in your practice and has not, been anxious of result can prevent a LOT of things.

Most important thing is to enjoy the present when practicing.

Probably there is not ONE correct way to practice...

Let see what sifu Terry Dunn has to say

Your right. It was discussed few times already. This is just my karmic nature. All people are different. I just used to mix diff stuff. Thus I need something one. I wanted few at the same time. Just wanted to share this

Edited by Antares
  • Like 1

I always do the entire vol1 in the morning and entire vol2 in the evening so I think there's nothing wrong with your schedule,Eugene

• Like 1

reading all the martial arts posts has made me consider my own path which is decidedly not martial. I am a vietnam veteran, I do know something about martial. I am a Quaker, pacifist, post-Vietnam. I have seen Quakers fend off violence with no trace of animosity and of course no martial arts, very much like Grandmaster Chan. I have seen them stop violence (I have seen that fail also)>

I practice FPCK seriously too. Moving meditations have always worked better for me. The Quaker Silent meeting not withstanding.

I enjoy this thread immensely.

Peace

Having not seen violence like you have, I find your experienced and balanced perspective refreshing. I have long been drawn to the martial arts; I feel that fighting is an important part of life, and ignoring it doesn't make it any less important. We fight continually... if we don't choose the path of progress and fight against ourselves, we will constantly be in conflict with the delusions of an inflated ego.