Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Practice still going strong ... day 78 of 100 ; missed one day last week for travel

i am including a little more zhan zhuang during the day

Went to the cardiologist who recommended that i return for another stress test in a couple of months but he also agreed that I should cut the bystolic from my prescription so that i am down to one 10mg lisinopril tab per day. BP is as stable as i can remember it ever being. Today i am 72 1/2 125/80 < 60 bpm pulse

• Like 2

Another surprise benefit from Flying Phoenix: I had been doing Sifu Jenny Lamb's static neigong called Yi Gong where the body parts spontaneously just start quivering and shaking because of the chi that flows. However, for me it was real hit or miss. I could go 2 or 3 weeks with no sensation other than feeling the chi strongly in my hands but I could not count on the legs shaking so I sort of dropped it. But since recently adding a few of the vol. 5 FP meditations and a second med from vol. 7 and also doing GM Doo Wai's advanced chi gong meds, a few of them, older than FP, whenever I now do the neigong I do have the leg shaking consistently. That confirms that FP is indeed opening up different energy channels as we add the meditations from the other volumes. Very tangible proof that what it claims to do, it does do. And I am not all that sensitive to subtle energy, so this is pretty big stuff for me whenever I can directly experience effects from an energy method. Today I should be able to finish learning the last 2 meds on Vol. 5. I learned "Lifting Earth to Heaven" last night and it was so easy to learn and then do. I have yet to hear from the rest of you guys out there about your experiences with Volume 5.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 2

Just been into my FP two hours practice, I am feeling "slight" psychedelic awareness. Happy, calm, cheerful, music is lovely to listen too.

Seems I forgot what it feels like to having these good feelings. I haven't practiced FP on past days. Glad I did my 2 hours straight practice again.

I did Vol 2.
3 pre meds plus MSW 1 and MSW 2

If I do 4 hours, I think I will have my powerful personality again ;)

Now that we are back from those commercial breaks here is some chi kung news.

Try taking a worry or negative train of thought that is bothering you before you do a Flying Phoenix session and then bring up the same thoughts while doing a FP meditation and see the difference. I find that when I am obsessed with a bothersome thought and then find myself thinking about it during the FP meditation, it just does not have the emotional charge that it does when not doing chi kung. To me this shows that FP chi kung helps mental health, eases anxiety and negative mental/emotional states. Does anyone else find that FP meds helps with emotional matters?

Hi Steve,

Yes, I agree that Flying Phoenix Qigong practice has a demonstrably calming effect on anxiety and negative emotional states. FPCK has this effect for many reasons. Off the top of my mind, here are 4 reasons without elaboration (that will be elaborated in my FPCK book in chapter on FP and mental health):

(1) FP Qigong induces a deep meditative (alpha) state so quickly through its alchemic breathing + posture formulas.

(2) The state of allostasis induced by FP Qigong regulates the endocrine system in a way that greatly relieves the symptoms of high anxiety and panic--especially if one consistently practices the Long Form Standing Meditation of Volume 4.

(3) FP Qigong induces deep and comfortable meditative states so quickly that it can break a person's mental fixation on negative thoughts, and mitigate to some extent the effects of negative emotions that one is experiencing.

(4) As already confirmed by numerous practitioners on this thread, FP Qigong induces deeper and more restful sleep. That alone improves mental health. With some people who suffer from depression and have fragmented sleep, FP practice over time can "mend" the fragmented sleep and foster a more "normal" sleeping cycle.

'Would love to have someone with the position and resources in the mental health field conduct controlled experiments studying the effect of FP Qigong on highly distressed, highly anxious and upset persons in specific types of identifiable crises. A study of the effects of FP Qigong on clinically diagnosed depressives would also be most interesting and telling. With solid scientific research, not only would FP Qigong's anxiety and stress-relieving properties be statistically proven, but the mechanism by which this happens might be objectively discovered through monitoring of vital physiological signs. Know anyone who can get this done?

Best,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Now that we are back from those commercial breaks here is some chi kung news.

Try taking a worry or negative train of thought that is bothering you before you do a Flying Phoenix session and then bring up the same thoughts while doing a FP meditation and see the difference. I find that when I am obsessed with a bothersome thought and then find myself thinking about it during the FP meditation, it just does not have the emotional charge that it does when not doing chi kung. To me this shows that FP chi kung helps mental health, eases anxiety and negative mental/emotional states. Does anyone else find that FP meds helps with emotional matters?

Hi Steve,

Yes, I agree that Flying Phoenix Qigong practice has demonstrably calming effects on anxiety and negative emotional states. FP Qigong has this effect for many reasons. Off the top of my head, here are 4 reasons without elaboration:

(1) FP Qigong induces a deep meditative (alpha) state so quickly through its alchemic breathing + posture formulas.

(2) The state of allostasis induced by FP Qigong regulates the endocrine system in a way that can greatly relieve the symptoms of anxiety and panic--especially if one consistently practices the Long Form Standing Meditation of Volume 4.

(3) FP Qigong induces deep and comfortable meditative states so quickly that it can break a person's mental fixation on negative thoughts and negative emotions being experienced.

(4) As already confirmed by numerous practitioners on this thread, FP Qigong induces deeper and more restful sleep. That alone improves and safeguards mental health.

**Further elaboration of these 4 mental health effects will be part of my forthcoming book on FP.

'Would love to have someone with the position and resources in the mental health field conduct controlled experiments studying the effect of FP Qigong on highly distressed, highly anxious and upset persons in specific types of identifiable crises. A study of the effects of FP Qigong on clinically diagnosed depressives would also be most interesting and telling. With solid scientific research, not only would FP Qigong's anxiety and stress-relieving properties be statistically proven, but the mechanism by which this happens might be objectively discovered through monitoring of vital physiological signs. Do you know anyone who can get this done?

Best,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Off-subject notice: I just posted a lengthy opinion about the "Tai Cheng" infomercial that's been airing late at night on cable TV channels in America after a student asked me about it. I normally don't come out on my own initiative with negative reviews of other people's Tai Chi products, but I was compelled to make an exception this time. I am very curious about everyone else's opinions who have seen it or have used the Tai Cheng DVD programs.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/28585-tai-cheng-infomercial-2013-cheez-whiz-or-what/?hl=cheng

Lux et Veritas,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/taich_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear

taiji_cat - that's really good results from your very first session. I am going to guess you have internal arts experience, as that may account for the powerful energy after your first practice. Actually, FP heals *both* the body and the psyche simultaneously. Keep us posted with your progress!

Sifu Terry - I jumped over to the thread on Tai Cheng. Like wow....and not in a good way. Thanks for the public service message.

Sifu Terry, I read your letter to the Plum publisher about raising the prices on your DVD series for Tai Chi. I would support you raising the price also on your Flying Phoenix DVD series considering what I have paid elsewhere. I have from one of GM Doo Wai's former students a DVD of GM demonstrating some advanced non Flying Phoenix chi kung meditations and I paid $300 for that one DVD called "690 AD Doo Family Chi Kung". It predates FP being taught to his family by 1,000 yrs. You most likely have seen this DVD. The quality is amateur, and as I have said before on this thread, GM on these DVDs that I have seen does not break down the movements, he merely demonstrates the movements without any teaching of them. I was willing to pay this price gouge based on the test results from my medical clairvoyant. It turns out that the moving meditations are so complicated that I cannot even possibly begin to learn any of them. There is a second part to the DVD which has a series of static meds which I was able to easily learn. So your FP series is actually very underpriced considering the professionalism that went into it and the detailed manner of instruction that it contains. And I have owned a number of other chi kung dvds over the years and not one of them is at the level that your series is at. So kudos for a job well done and how fortunate we are as recipients of your generosity.

Tai-ji Cat,

You mentioned Spring Forest Chi Kung. I have been trained in that method by Chun Yi Lin in person and I have been doing SF at our mental center for our daily chi kung group with clients for the past 6 years. I find that doing Flying Phoenix has noticeably increased the sensation of chi in my hands while doing Spring Forest.

• Like 1

I wonder... regarding building foundation of BFP arts energy.

So I have decided to go on with FPCK practice as I have been doing it every day for last 4 months. And I was reading about BFSYG too and practiced it for awhile but I think it is better to cultivate something one in the beginning.

Sifu Garry says that it's better to start with only 2 static meds and understand how they work. What is diff with FPCK?

Sifu Terry says that it's better to start with minimum of 3 standing ones and 2 seated ones at least.

I am doing all meds from vol.1 in the morning and all meds of vol. 2 in the evening. Also I just taught first med. from vol.3 and will add it to the vol.1 & 2.

I suppose vol.3 works more with kidneys. I have not noticed that vol. 1 and 2 helped much with my kidneys yang deficiency. I think until I resolve it I won't go much ahead

Hi Si-hing Garry,

Thank you very much for posting this nice preview of your Flying Phoenix Heavenly Sword DVD.

It's a wonderful reminder of the Bok Fu Pai (White Tiger) tradition and context in which the Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Kung system is fundamental cornerstone.

Best,

Si-hing Terry

If you have a dream re FP, well that happens to me too. As a first timer on chikung, I was contemplating which type of chikung I should learn. Then I dreamt of a man doing a chikung stance, his background was blue energy.

Edited as requested.

Edited by ShivaShakti

Sifu Terry,

I am posting my medical clairvoyant's test results on what he has perceived with his heightened consciousness about the effects that Flying Phoenix Chi Kung DVD volume 5 meditations have on me. I would appreciate if you could comment on his perceptions based on your personal experience with these particular meditations.

White Crane Folds Wings----would help clear stress from the heart chakra and the left hemisphere of the brain.
Phoenix and Dragon Play----would help to clear the nervous system especially on the left side of the body.
Lift Earth to Heaven-----clears the lower chakras so the energy can rise.
Dragon Emerges From Cave-----opens heart chakra and moves heart energy up into upper chakras in head.
Preparation for Eight Sections Combined------Enlivens the Kundalini energy and gets it moving upwards.

This is all good stuff. Besides what is going in the body there is some subtle energetic action happening in the subtle bodies with all of these. Powerful.

Eric has the gift of literally seeing into the body and energy bodies and he is then able to diagnose health issues and suggest natural remedies mainly in the paradigm of the oldest health care system in the world, Ayurveda. I have consulted with Eric since 1998 and I can vouch for his uncanny accuracy. One of the main reasons I chose to do Flying Phoenix Chi Kung is because of what Eric saw FP doing compared to the several other chi kung styles that I had him test over the last 6 years. And he has tested some very good chi kung methods but none compared to Chi Kung passed down from the Grand Master Doo Wai lineage. So I think that anyone who somehow has stumbled upon Flying Phoenix can consider themselves truly blessed or just plain lucky.

• Like 2

FP seems to work more with chakras rather than with tan tiens.

I wonder how FP is compatible with yoga pranayamas. I want to stress this issue actually and I would like to hear Sifu Terry opinion on this please.

In yoga they say of importance of pranayamas for cleansing energy body and thus to calm the mind. They say it is must before any meditation happens to be natural. I know FP works in it's own way but I like yoga too and may be there is way to have benefits out of combining these 2 yogic methods.

Also there are bandhas in yoga to activate chakras and central channel and thus to rise the Kundalini. Recently I wanted to add some asanas and nadi shoddhana pranayma plus bandhas to my practice. Is it okey to do half hour nado shoddhana before FP? It is alternate nostril breath with some breath retention