Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Shifu Garry,

We are all family brothers and sisters in the Doo family healing arts and the FP qigong. I have read this entire thread I saw how Shifu Terry embraced you. This is good and GM Doo Wai is pleased.

However, it is absurd for you to say to a FP practitioner that he or she is not going to get a "true understanding" of a qigong meditation from watching "just a copy of the grandmaster."

Any qigong meditation demonstrated by GM Doo Wai that is released to the PUBLIC is PRICELESS and is NEVER incomplete.

It seems that you are failed to embrace some of our other brothers and sisters in the family art. I hope this is not true. The Rizzo brothers' FP qigong is just as superior and even more they have studied the longest with GM Doo Wai. They teach just as GM Doo Wai has taught all of us with no deviations.

As a 20 year closed-door practitioner of the Doo Family healing arts plus the gung fu, I would encourage all our qigong practitioners and family members to get as many FP qigong meditations as possible from our legitimate sources.

I have a high regard for all the FP masters and practitioners who want to share the Doo Family martial and healing arts. There are some of us who do not care to teach for a host of reasons.

By the way, I have never met you Shifu Garry, Shifu Terry, Shifu Joel Rizzo or his brother Shi Gung Thomas Rizzo. I have had many discussions over the years with Grandmaster Doo Wai regarding all of you. We are all family to him. I feel the same.

Grandmaster Doo Wai is delighted to see that the public is benefiting from his family healing arts and he proud of all of you.

Sifu Terry -

Glad you could drop in to post on the forum. Hope you soon get your legal issues resolved to your satisfaction.

Gung hay fat choy in this Year of the Rabbit!

Lloyd

• Like 1

Sorry that hurt your feelings but its TRUE!

Yes, its great that its out there definitely.

Everyone enjoy the FP, do what your heart tells you...;)

You said:

However, it is absurd for you to say to a FP practitioner that he or she is not going to get a "true understanding" of a qigong meditation from watching "just a copy of the grandmaster."

ME: That is correct, the grandmaster doesnt discuss on his demo's what its all about and that is why unless you are taught or spoken to a FP teacher to help guide you even if you have the Grandmaster doing it doesnt mean you gonna get results like Grandmaster.

Correct I am not affiliated to Rizzo's or anyone but myself I run my own Business and association. I teach also what I learnt from GMDW no difference and I also promote and probably show more BFP and the Doo family arts than anyone on the www. Love to see the other BFP Sifu's putting some clips up of there training and stuff they received from GMDW.

Sifu Garry

• Like 1

Just like to add I havent seen the dvds of GMDW to make an assumption, although if he is showing the moves and explaining why , what where than that is a great buy.

Im not hating on anyone just for the record just been my personal experience with this type of online training!!!

Take care

Sifu Garry

• Like 1

Just curious but has anyone had any luck on correcting myopia(nearsightedness) or other sight problems with these meditations? Just curious as I've had myopia for many years and know several other people with issues in their vision such as hyperopia(farsightedness) and cataracts. I've also had issues with my sinuses for years so could it possibly help with that?

My thanks to anyone in advance. ^_^

Shen

P.S. Happy new year of the rabbit Sifu Terry... :)

Edited by Shen555
  • Like 1

Just curious but has anyone had any luck on correcting myopia(nearsightedness) or other sight problems with these meditations? Just curious as I've had myopia for many years and know several other people with issues in their vision such as hyperopia(farsightedness) and cataracts. I've also had issues with my sinuses for years so could it possibly help with that?

My thanks to anyone in advance. ^_^

Shen

P.S. Happy new year of the rabbit Sifu Terry... :)

Hello Shen555,

Happy New Year.

I don't believe that FP Qigong can do much to correct myopia. In the years that I studied with GM Doo Wai, he never mentioned any FP effect one way or another on myopia.

Best,

Terry Dunn

was anyone else aching after there first few days of this ?

im just finished my 5th day of dvd 1 and i am aching all over , my shoulders , my left knee , my feet ,

every thing feels really tight

i couldnt enkoy my practise today as i just couldnt get comfortable ,

Hi Ronko,

Just work through it. Especially if you've just started and are 3-4 days into practicing the system. FP Qigong med's in Vol. 1 add nothing but positive,healing energy. What you are feeling is a healing process. Lots of deep, long-repressed , somaticized Pain previously unfelt can suddenly become felt due to FP Qigong's super finep-tuning of and its profound ability to enable one to feel the nervous system's regulatory function over the organs and orbs.

Diet and blood chemistry may also have something to do with the "Pain all over" in the beginning. People who don't do much aerobic exercise and have poor diet and a sluggish metabolism will feel the gunk in their system as plenty of Pain--until the neigung component of the FP qigong kicks in after enough continuous practice and balances everything.

When I first started FP Qigong, I personally ran into the a significant and surprising amount of pain throughout my entire back from the waist line up to the shoulders when I did one of the Seated Warm-up Meditations--not an excruciating pain, but it was intense and extraordinary pain I had never felt before (very deep and it was definitely neuro-muscular--not just muscular pain). The exercise was second preparatory seated warmup (on Vol. 2) with breathing 50 30 10 and where one lifts the extended arms from knees up to shoulder level and then lowers them very, very slowly like in Tai Chi's opening movement (take 12+ breaths to rais arms to ahoulder level and 12+ breaths to lower to knees again.) I had never before experienced that type of neuromuscular pain before. It took about 3-4 months for it to completely subside. But i was also practicing GMDW's BFP kung-fu forms and techniques, and learning two other internal systems. So I can't precisely pinpoint how the alleviation of the serious pain induced by that meditation was dissipated.

Assuming that you have good form and posture and are doing the FP exercises correctly,

my only advice is to rock-up mentally (because you have to maintain bodily relaxation to do FP) and work through it. Just work through the Pain. You are NEVER adding any negative or stressful energy when you do the Flying Phoenix Qigong. I'm certain that anyone on this blog who has tried the FPQ for about 6 mos. can attest to this fact.

Perhaps other FP practitioners can chime in with their experience and advice?

Good luck with it, Ronko.

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Nice post Sihing, I have to admit the pain felt also relates with what organ is not firing right and is more of a warning so you can then readjust life style diet to maintain proper balance of the organs and meridians travelling through the said muscle groups for that exercise. This is the stuff im talking about that should be in Dvd productions not just follow the form and say yep, I got it now. Without being told why, when , where to a degree most students wont research what they do unless the sifu tells them or gives them homework to do.

Like I said this is purly my experience with most DVD productions, the most basic and important information is left out that can help guide the student.

• Like 1

Hello all Flying Phoenix teachers, practitioners, observers, readers and visitors to this thread.

I want to deviate just for brief moment from discussion of the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Qi Mediation system in order to make you all aware of the immense legal battle I am engaged in against a large and famous Hollywood film studio. My preoccupation with this David v. Goliath battle is the reason why I can only periodically check in with this site (so far once a week) and try to catch up with answering everyone's questions to the best of my knowledge. And why even my teaching of FP Qigong and GMDW's arts in my Los Angeles classes has been severely curtailed in the last year and half.

My legal case has evolved to the point where my intuition and the signs of the times told me that NOW is the time to make the revelation of TRUTH about this particular battle publicly available and on as widespread a basis as possible. My goal is to get this site to go viral worldwide. Hopefully the deeper issues of this Hollywood business dispute that I took to the Courts will reach the four corners of the earth. While this case matter doesn't involve FP Qigong or any particular Chinese art, it does involve the history of Chinese culture and the abuse and ridicule of certain facets of Chinese culture--its arts and oracles--by the West over the centuries that most people here in the States don't recognize at all.

If you are of a deeply meditative, intuitive and cognizant mind, like Baguakid (as evidenced by his perfect comment about every person having their limitations of growth and learning--whether it's limited by ego, physical impairment, or whatever) , you will understand why I am coming out with this website and its contents at this time--in sync with the rioting and upheaval in Cairo, Egypt and the rest of that country. The democratic revolution in Egypt is obviously driven by socio-economic and political factors. Meditate deeply on the fact that all oracles and alchemic knowledge originated in Egypt (even GM Share K. Lew told us "Our knowledge (Tao Tan Pai) came from Egypt when there was land in the Atlantic" --FACT I witnessed :o :o :o ) , and you will see that very riled ancient spirits are propelling that uprising.

Then you may also see how far-reaching this particular business dispute in a Los Angeles court may become because it involves the exact same type of abuse and ridicule that the West has perpetrated upon ancient Eastern traditions and oracles.

If this doesn't make sense to you, don't worry about it, and take the above preface with 8 shakers of salt and take the following site's contents at face-value as a Hollywood industry expose:

www.kungfupandalawsuit.com

At any rate, if you're interested, please take a close look at the homepage, examine the Timeline exhibit and document evidence, and then vote in the fun Poll at the bottom of the homepage. You'll get a kick out of it.

And then if you want to strike a blow for the far-reaching justice that I'm seeking, please forward this link to everyone that you know and can possibly think of.

I waited nine (9) years before taking this action.

This truth needs to get out now.

Sincere thanks for your support.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Thank you very much Sifu Dunn, was worth a shot to ask at any rate or so I figured. :)

No problem. You're welcome.

But don't rule it out completely based on my opinion and report of my experience with the GM. With this particular high art, the FP Qigong, it is possible, depending on the practitioner, to attain a miraculous result that no one else has ever attained before.

But as Sifu Hearfield said earlier, if you don't learn the system systematically and correctly--from whomever, you'll won't get the foundation laid to enable self-healing and then later the healing of others.

Regards,

Sifu Terry

Hello Sifu Dunn,

I sincerely and wholeheartedly pray to God that you win your case._/\_

My 6 years old son has not seen the Dreamworks film (and won't). He likes a lot Zen-Bear character and often asks me to play your DVD to see it play with yin-yang ball.

Happy New Year of the Metal Rabbit

Fachao

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents regarding the level 2 DVD with Grandmaster Doo Wai:

The DVD is not that detailed in its explanation regarding the exercises and breathing sequence (no graphics).

You can probably learn from it but as a beginner I would begin with Terry Dunn's series because of the thorough instruction and because it lays a good foundation for higher levels.

Also it is nice that we as practitioners can ask a master questions regarding the exercises. This service is not present with the level 2 DVD. It seems it is quite rare that masters are so generous with their time as Sifu Terry :)

• Like 1

Hello Sifu Dunn,

I sincerely and wholeheartedly pray to God that you win your case._/\_

My 6 years old son has not seen the Dreamworks film (and won't). He likes a lot Zen-Bear character and often asks me to play your DVD to see it play with yin-yang ball.

Happy New Year of the Metal Rabbit

Fachao

Thank you very much for your good wishes, Fachao.

Terry Dunn

Hello Sifu Terry,

May you win the case against Dreamworks.

Best wishes,

Chris

Chris,

Thank you for your good wishes regarding the Dreamworks case.

Terry Dunn

Shifu Terry,

Great website! You are a well prepared warrior. Persevere, I am certain you will prevail.

• Like 1

Yes indeed, good luck to you Sifu Dunn. I've learned a valuable lesson from your example, I think I'll keep my works to myself and not make any proposals to the big guys in the future. I think I'll also self publish my work at that. Nice to know these things while I'm still young. Oh and thanks for the additional reply, I intend to start with the first two DVD's in your series and just build on it from there, I figure that should give me a good starting foundation. I'll be putting in the order later this month and I'll keep everyone posted on whatever gains I make. ^_^

Warmest Regards,

Shen

• Like 1

Hi!

I agree. Sifu Terry's DVD series is invaluable and really cannot be by-passed (unless you're the rare person studying in person with a direct disciple of GM Doo Wai, or with the GM himself!).

Nowhere else on video is the FP system taught systematically. The currently available DVD with GM Doo Wai is a dessert; it's Terry who has laid out the main course for us.

We owe Sifu Terry an ocean of gratitude for doing this.

Dale

• Like 3