markern

Cultivation and attractiveness

Hey Markern :)

Hey Carson :)

Sounds very good. I find the massive increase in attention likely coming from the tantric practices and retention interesting. I can easily see how storing that much sexual energy can have some such effects either by just changing how a person carries himself or what he expresses and the way he behaves or through women sensing so much more sexual energy.

I have noticed when I have practiced consistently and with success for some time I get a sense of balcne that is amazing and which I belive would translate into attractiveness and also a level of confidence starting to come that I find almost spooky. LIke more at ease and confident then I imagined possible before I knew about any of this stuff. Not at all there yet though I just have had some tastes. I also notice a huge increase in being sensual because the snese become stronger and because I practice focusing on sensation so much and because I get calm enoguh to actually tune into them. Also my body mechanics for lack of a better term are getting way above most people which starts to show itself when I dance and move and in bed which also increase attractiveness. So I definitevly have seen some of it myself but I suspected quite a bit more was to come :D

If what you are looking for is to attract more ladies, then cultivation is a good way. But for me, sadhana is for so much more then that, and to set that (attracting more ladies) as your goal seems to me to be really limiting the potential of your practices. It would be a nice "side effect" if one was single, but definitely a challenge when one has chosen monogamy. Ah....such is Life ;)

Much Love _/\_

Carson :D

Thank you for pointing out the correct way of execution. If you keep the knees straight you cannot bend too much, so to have the head as close to floor as possible needs to keep the knees bent.

Here is the correct way min 0:08 up to min 0:14

xzIjUR-mHCY

Yes you are correct. The knees are unlocked in every Taijiquan or Qigong I have ever known so they must also be with 'spine circles'.

Incidentally I have studied at that very same place Black Bamboo Park, Beijing. Unfortunately not with Shi Ming as it was a little before my time but with Yu Lianqing. There is a picture of him here and some more information about spine, hip, shoulder circles etc -

Ruyi Taijiquan

Hey Markern :)

If what you are looking for is to attract more ladies, then cultivation is a good way. But for me, sadhana is for so much more then that, and to set that (attracting more ladies) as your goal seems to me to be really limiting the potential of your practices. It would be a nice "side effect" if one was single, but definitely a challenge when one has chosen monogamy. Ah....such is Life ;)

Much Love _/\_

Carson :D

HAHAHA Not at all my goal just a side effect I have stated to suspect would come and that I like. My first to yoga sessions I felt nothing other then sore muslces. After my third class I felt prana buzzing for th first time in my body and I was hooked and from there the love of it has grown as I have seen more of the effects and no it is just a train I could not get of even if I tried. At first I just wanted quality of life and balance and getting more int ouch with my body and my emotions and that is still my primary goal for some time. But after a while I have also started to want enlightenment eventually at some point. Slowly even I, who really was not interested, am becoming a spiritual person of sorts :)

Yes you are correct. The knees are unlocked in every Taijiquan or Qigong I have ever known so they must also be with 'spine circles'.

Incidentally I have studied at that very same place Black Bamboo Park, Beijing. Unfortunately not with Shi Ming as it was a little before my time but with Yu Lianqing. There is a picture of him here and some more information about spine, hip, shoulder circles etc -

Ruyi Taijiquan

He he :D in the photo from the link is my teacher and friend Yannick, I suppose you know him.

Thank you again.

Ruyi Taijiquan

Do you know if Shi Ming is for real? John Bracy in his Bagua book mentions Ming wanted him as a student but Bracy was skeptical since he wouldn't demonstrate on anyone not a student! He would only demonstrate on John after working with him for awhile.John did write his qi-gung posures looked authentic but something gave him pause.

He he :D in the photo from the link is my teacher and friend Yannick, I suppose you know him.

Thank you again.

I think that was a little before my time. So I take it Yannick does not teach Ruyi then?

Do you know if Shi Ming is for real? John Bracy in his Bagua book mentions Ming wanted him as a student but Bracy was skeptical since he wouldn't demonstrate on anyone not a student! He would only demonstrate on John after working with him for awhile.John did write his qi-gung posures looked authentic but something gave him pause.

You are not the first to have raised a doubt.

I can only really say that my teacher spent two years training with Ming; my teacher is highly skilled as a result and has high admiration for Ming.

As I have said previously I have practised with one of Ming's top students Yu Lianqing and he was the real deal that is without question.

When we studied with him there was one in our party who was the largest (heaviest) of the group who Yu picked out to initially demonstrate with, consequently this huge guy was launched at least ten feet with the slightest movement; not a palm strike or punch in sight only the slightest flick of a finger! I also felt this power too at first hand and can only really conclude that Shi Ming must have been for real.

Edited by Yuen Biao

I think that was a little before my time. So I take it Yannick does not teach Ruyi then?

You are not the first to have raised a doubt.

I can only really say that my teacher spent two years training with Ming; my teacher is highly skilled as a result and has high admiration for Ming.

As I have said previously I have practised with one of Ming's top students Yu Lianqing and he was the real deal that is without question.

When we studied with him there was one in our party who was the largest (heaviest) of the group who Yu picked out to initially demonstrate with, consequently this huge guy was launched at least ten feet with the slightest movement; not a palm strike or punch in sight only the slightest flick of a finger! I also felt this power too at first hand and can only really conclude that Shi Ming must have been for real.

Is it true, as several teachers assert[like B.K. Frantis] you have to give psychic permission for this kong jing too work? Or can a stranger or randomly agressive person feel the effects as well.

Is it true, as several teachers assert[like B.K. Frantis] you have to give psychic permission for this kong jing too work? Or can a stranger or randomly agressive person feel the effects as well.

In respect to my account I guess it must be true that a stranger can feel the effects also.

It's not too elaborate a scenario is it that one who has complete mastery over themself can begin to affect others easily especially considering their skill level is lesser.

Who knows for sure though, I am no authority on Kong Jing. Interesting point.

Edited by Yuen Biao

My teacher is highly skilled as a result and has high admiration for Ming.

No, Yannick teaches only Hunyuan Taiji and only the spine qigong from Ruyi. But he has excellent flexibility and can do the spine qigong with straight knees.

He said he was skeptical too about the abilities of Shi Ming and offered himself to be demonstrate on him the fa jing abilities. They were saying that those demonstrations work only with students of the masters who have open channels and are tuned with the energy of the master. So they were supposing that for a closed energetical person like a western guy trained in external martial arts wont work. So when Shi Ming sent his Qi to Yannick, he said he opposed with all his power not to move but the Qi somehow found the open pathways to his heart and felt like a claw grip on his heart, like when you electrocute yourself.

When I was a kid I electrocuted myself at 220 VAC and felt something similar to what he described, althow I never had the oportunity how it feels from a Qi blast emmited by a Qigong master.

Edited by steam

No, Yannick teaches only Hunyuan Taiji and only the spine qigong from Ruyi. But he has excellent flexibility and can do the spine qigong with straight knees.

He said he was skeptical too about the abilities of Shi Ming and offered himself to be demonstrate on him the fa jing abilities. They were saying that those demonstrations work only with students of the masters who have open channels and are tuned with the energy of the master. So they were supposing that for a closed energetical person like a western guy trained in external martial arts wont work. So when Shi Ming sent his Qi to Yannick, he said he opposed with all his power not to move but the Qi somehow found the open pathways to his heart and felt like a claw grip on his heart, like when you electrocute yourself.

When I was a kid I electrocuted myself at 220 VAC and felt something similar to what he described, althow I never had the oportunity how it feels from a Qi blast emmited by a Qigong master.

That's an interesting story, thanks for sharing.

I trust my teacher and I have studied many different arts over the last twenty years but Taiji is definitely the one I always come back to because of its power; your account from Yannick is consistent with the stories of those who studied with Shi Ming.

The force or Qi from a skilled individual can often look fake or staged but there is no way of knowing for sure without direct experience.

Peace.

In respect to my account I guess it must be true that a stranger can feel the effects also.

It's not too elaborate a scenario is it that one who has complete mastery over themself can begin to affect others easily especially considering their skill level is lesser.

Who knows for sure though, I am no authority on Kong Jing. Interesting point.

Well, it wasn't LKJ in your account, just really awesome peng structure & fajin (since there was actual physical contact).

I personally think LKJ needs consent...

However, if someone has enough ability to even do LKJ (with consent), then their fajin (with contact) is usually kick-ass (since it's a much simpler skill).

Well, it wasn't LKJ in your account, just really awesome peng structure & fajin (since there was actual physical contact).

I personally think LKJ needs consent...

However, if someone has enough ability to even do LKJ (with consent), then their fajin (with contact) is usually kick-ass (since it's a much simpler skill).

LKJ is medical Qi Gong. Richard Mooney fcuked that whole shit up with his demos before he got shown up. The practice is not supposed to be for Martial application or Fa Shen. FaJing training and application is completely different. KJ is easy... just takes time.

Edited by Biff

I really wish i can learn some Ruyi Taijiquan. Shi Ming was really a special person from what i heard. Too bad he died young. I wish i can learn then from Yu Lianqing or maybe Shi Ming's son.

In my city, Montreal ,there is 2 persons who studied with him , Yannick Benoit and Francine Tellier but they dont teach the style. So the only option is to go to China directly.

I really wish i can learn some Ruyi Taijiquan. Shi Ming was really a special person from what i heard. Too bad he died young. I wish i can learn then from Yu Lianqing or maybe Shi Ming's son.

In my city, Montreal ,there is 2 persons who studied with him , Yannick Benoit and Francine Tellier but they dont teach the style. So the only option is to go to China directly.

I do not think Shi Ming was young when he passed away (mid-sixties I believe).

Unfortunately I heard Yu Lianqing has also passed away, I'm still not sure if that is true though.

According to 'Steam' Yannick does still teach 'spine circles' so that at least is someone who has had direct study with Shi Ming.

Regarding Shi Ming's son I know he was also very talented as my teacher knew him; as far as I'm aware he is still in Beijing. There is also Siao Weijia, who I know very little about; he helped Shi Ming compose his book 'Mind Over Matter: Higher Martial Arts'.

Ruyi Taijiquan was a very low profile school and after Shi Ming's passing was not actively advertised and as a result I think numbers of practitioners began to dwindle. They were also in direct competition with Chen style which is often much more appealing to those who begin to take interest in Taijiquan as it often looks more impressive to the untrained eye!

Edited by Yuen Biao

Thankx for taking time to reply me Yuen

I feel sad to know mister Yu passed away. I hope not. As i had plans to meet him next summer.

So now plan b would be his son if he still teach.

About Shi Ming

I think mid sixties is quite young for a Taiji master to die. I heard he had a big disease in his spine

wich he caught by always sleeping on hard floor outside in his park. What make me sad is Ruyi Taiji is a

real treasure of chinese real martial arts. Really not well known, Shi Ming attained a high level of martial and also of spiritiality. Ruyi Taiji can bring so much to humanity. If Shi Ming didnt die i think Ruyi would be known as much as Feng Zhiqiang's Hunyuan Taijiquan. Both systems is the proof that chinese martial arts are evolving, changing and bringing martial arts always into higher levels....their works are immense and the systems, Ruyi Taiji and Hunyuan Taiji are my passion, i see great genius in both masters.

Ruyi Taijiquan was a very low profile school and after Shi Ming's passing was not actively advertised and as a result I think numbers of practitioners began to dwindle. They were also in direct competition with Chen style which is often much more appealing to those who begin to take interest in Taijiquan as it often looks more

impressive to the untrained eye!

Yeah people get all impressed when they see Chen Taijiquan cuz of the fajing and the stomping they do...well i think people meet the teachers they deserve according to past karma connections and their own developpement needs...

I have a question

in Ruyi Taijiquan what kind of static qigong did they practice?

I also heard that Jet Li when he did is movie taiji masters went to see Shi Ming ans asked to teach him

the routines and master Shi told him if you want to learn with me you will learn all the basics for many months like everyone else...then Jet left. hahaha

Thankx for taking time to reply me Yuen

I feel sad to know mister Yu passed away. I hope not. As i had plans to meet him next summer.

So now plan b would be his son if he still teach.

Hey no problems it's nice to hear someone interested I very rarely have the chance to talk to someone about Ru Yi style.

If Mr. Yu did pass away it is only what I heard, not sure if accurate?

About Shi Ming

I think mid sixties is quite young for a Taiji master to die. I heard he had a big disease in his spine

wich he caught by always sleeping on hard floor outside in his park. What make me sad is Ruyi Taiji is a

real treasure of chinese real martial arts. Really not well known, Shi Ming attained a high level of martial and also of spiritiality. Ruyi Taiji can bring so much to humanity. If Shi Ming didnt die i think Ruyi would be known as much as Feng Zhiqiang's Hunyuan Taijiquan. Both systems is the proof that chinese martial arts are evolving, changing and bringing martial arts always into higher levels....their works are immense and the systems, Ruyi Taiji and Hunyuan Taiji are my passion, i see great genius in both masters.

I never heard that Shi Ming died under these circumstances! Tragic if so but I find it difficult to believe that a great master could die of ill health. I never met Shi Ming so I also am not sure of the truth. Mr. Yu though I heard spent many of his early years at Shaolin so martial arts were his life and he sure was a very tough guy and a definite one of a kind.

It is very sad that Ru Yi style seems to be also in a vast decline. Maybe if you go to China you can start off its popularity in the Western world?

This is a link to Siao Weijia's school in Moscow (unfortunately all in Russian) -

http://www.dao-meditation.com/dao-meditati...lish/Links.html

in Ruyi Taijiquan what kind of static qigong did they practice?

Wu Ji stance mainly (macrocosmic and microcosmic orbit) although I think Zhan Zhuang is also encouraged.

I also heard that Jet Li when he did is movie taiji masters went to see Shi Ming ans asked to teach him

the routines and master Shi told him if you want to learn with me you will learn all the basics for many months like everyone else...then Jet left. hahaha

That's a funny story and indeed probably likely considering Li studied at The University of Physical Education, Mr. Yu did lots of security work at the universities and for the government.

I have heard that Jet Li still practises Taijiquan and Qigong even now and is very good!

Edited by Yuen Biao

I believe I noticed when I practiced the big draw that not only was my sex drive way higher, but I also seemed to get noticed by women more. Now that I do the cold draw not only is my sex drive very low, but I also feel invisible to girls as well. I suppose if you have a large amount of sexually aggitated jing such as you get from the big draw women feel this and resond (your field is large because you don't loose your jing). I suppose if your energy field is very calm and subdude such as you get from the cold draw women likewise feel this and thus lack intrest.

Guest tao4joe

I've noticed that girls with open hearts are more attracted to me than they used to. I think it's simply because I have more qi now, and they can feel that. It could be for another reason I'm unaware of, but I'm noticing really nice girls want my attention now. Someone with a closed heart would probably be more insensitive to another person's energy. Also, I'm way more skinny and built from all of the kung-fu training, so physically I look better than pre-cultivation.

thats funny, how old are you? alot of folks could really benefit from an experienced outlook, I think you should use what your given to add to the practice..

I believe I noticed when I practiced the big draw that not only was my sex drive way higher, but I also seemed to get noticed by women more. Now that I do the cold draw not only is my sex drive very low, but I also feel invisible to girls as well. I suppose if you have a large amount of sexually aggitated jing such as you get from the big draw women feel this and resond (your field is large because you don't loose your jing). I suppose if your energy field is very calm and subdude such as you get from the cold draw women likewise feel this and thus lack intrest.

I find it's the opposite.

Maybe if you are choosing to conserve for the reason that you want to just focus on your practices, then sure women will pick up on that and think you're just not interested in sex.

but if you are conserving for the reason that you want to gain control over your sexuality so that you can use it consciously, when you want it to, and not be controlled by it, yet still being open to it, then women might be more attracted to you.

That's the way I've experienced it.

It's not natural to be sexually agitated. IMO anyways. I think that's addiction, and sexual energy blockage.

I've had sexual energy, even though while using the cold draw and the 6th tibetan rite, and women seem to be more attracted to me. I seem more confident and mature. But only the mature ones anyway. The ones that can see that a man does not need to be sexually agitated to be a man.

Edited by Non

I find it's the opposite.

Maybe if you are choosing to conserve for the reason that you want to just focus on your practices, then sure women will pick up on that and think you're just not interested in sex.

but if you are conserving for the reason that you want to gain control over your sexuality so that you can use it consciously, when you want it to, and not be controlled by it, yet still being open to it, then women might be more attracted to you.

That's the way I've experienced it.

It's not natural to be sexually agitated. IMO anyways. I think that's addiction, and sexual energy blockage.

I've had sexual energy, even though while using the cold draw and the 6th tibetan rite, and women seem to be more attracted to me. I seem more confident and mature. But only the mature ones anyway. The ones that can see that a man does not need to be sexually agitated to be a man.

Hey I'm glad to hear your feeling better. Yea I think you may have a point as I am trying to avoid that stuff now, maybe that is the vibe I put off.

I don't think I've been practicing long enough or consistently enough to say, but this is a side effect I definitely wouldn't mind.