Sign in to follow this  
thuscomeone

what happens after death?

Every post is like another stroke of the penis ... or the thought behind the post is the stroke and the communication of that thought is the ejaculation.

I've posted the Raja Yoga Savasana (death pose) technique that allows a person to experience life without body Here - it is post # 1 :

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...11802&st=80

If you are going to progress beyond Kundalini, the Savasana is the traditional way.

My first Out of Body Experience was to find a path to a friends home that I had never been to -I was to go there one evening to meet my first date his sister - I was 13 and walked straight there. Before I went inside, I told my friend what the house looked like inside.

My second one was the evening that I had finally mastered the Savasana (Savasana web page in above quote) where I found myself hovering above a street full of shops. I decided to go inside a shop and did so - it wasn't like moving my body - it was more like just moving my awareness. I saw a girl inside sitting and writing something. Later I went back ( with my body) to see if what I saw was real. The same girl was there - she was a waitress.

A few years later I physicaly went back to the town I was born in - it is a very small town of about 300 people. My friends kept coming up to me and asking why I did not stop. I asked one what he meant - I was 500 miles away. He told me that many had seen me walking the streets at night and had called out to me but I never even turned around. I asked him what time it was when they saw me - he said it was after 10PM. I told him that I was sleeping by then.

These are just a few. I constantly meet people that I've never met before but we both know each other. A disproportionate amount of them are yoga teachers that teach the Savasana.

Through the Savasana awareness, I have met some people in daytime, that I knew could not be there as I had recently left them 3,000 miles away. All have had very intimate knowledge of the Tao. One I had asked to be my teacher. In 1985, My grandfather died and the rest of my family wanted to hire a nurse to take care of my grandmother. I went back home and spent the happiest year of my life listening to her stories of family. When she went to the hospital and was pronounced dead - I returned to school and my business which was some distant to go to work. One night about 3AM, I woke to a strange feeling - I looked around and saw my grandmother standing a few feet away. Without speaking, she told me she was ok and for me not to worry. The Savasana also makes us sensitive to those not living - but it is only family members and teachers that I have been with so far.

There is a lot more to it but one of the prime rules of teaching yoga practice is to not program students of what to expect- in this way, they know more of what is real.

What I can say is that the Savasana, once mastered, is an experience of no body.

As such, the Savasana holds the key to the mind.

To me, death is an essential part of new birth.

Savasana gives conscious controll of death.

Savasana lets us pick our next birthmother.

A portion of learning the Savasana is to come to terms with our dreams - which - in my opinion is a way of erasing our karma which comes from: Guilt, Fears, Uncertainties and Desires.

And is the experience from which, I wrote this poem:

Mirror of Yin

------------------------------------

Close your eyes and what do you have?

No tv, no outside, & no emotional mountains.

Only what you know, reason, imagine & your true self.

Guilt, fears, & uncertainties become Ghosts waiting defeat.

Actions, past & future, self & others, fall into nature's microscope.

The world becomes a large vacant room, wanting to be filled.

Breath becomes a furnace for life-giving energy.

Time becomes a crucible for finding purity.

Awareness becomes a peak for a seat.

Sight returns new and clear.

Eyes looking inward,

Seeing outward.

Find Time's

Eternal

Self

Edited by ~jK~

Why do we care what happens tomorrow? Or in the future, in general?

This is the same question as above.

Does it have to be this black or white?

Excellent questions for which I have no answers.

I can say this - tomorrow and the future in general are a part of my life, provided I don't die unexpectedly.

Every moment could be our last but it is reasonable to live with some attention to tomorrow.

Past experience can guide us a bit in terms of making some guesses about what to expect tomorrow to be like.

And preparing for tomorrow is, therefore, a prudent use of today's time - within reason.

Death is different - all discussion about death is gratuitous.

There is no experience or basis for reference that make for a meaningful discussion of what is after death.

It seems to me to be a waste of life to be concerned about what is beyond death.

Don't get me wrong, I waste time on lots of stuff (including the occasional discussion or thought about death and beyond), I just feel at this point in time that I'd rather waste my time on other things.

Excellent questions for which I have no answers.

I can say this - tomorrow and the future in general are a part of my life, provided I don't die unexpectedly.

Every moment could be our last but it is reasonable to live with some attention to tomorrow.

Past experience can guide us a bit in terms of making some guesses about what to expect tomorrow to be like.

And preparing for tomorrow is, therefore, a prudent use of today's time - within reason.

Death is different - all discussion about death is gratuitous.

There is no experience or basis for reference that make for a meaningful discussion of what is after death.

It seems to me to be a waste of life to be concerned about what is beyond death.

Don't get me wrong, I waste time on lots of stuff (including the occasional discussion or thought about death and beyond), I just feel at this point in time that I'd rather waste my time on other things.

Well both tomorrow and what you call death are in the future. You haven't been dead yet, so you don't feel qualified to talk about it. But you haven't been to tomorrow yet either, but strangely, you feel fairly decently qualified to talk about that. Sure, you don't know exactly what will happen tomorrow, but you have a general idea. For example, you know you will probably eat lunch and other details like that.

I just don't see how death is different. Both tomorrow and death are speculative. But we feel like we know a lot about what tomorrow might be like, and yet nothing about death.

If it's prudent to plan long term and to plan for tomorrow (and I believe it is), why not extend that and plan for many lifetimes? It seems like a logical extension to me.

The only thing that can make it seem illogical is the doctrine of physicalism. If you believe that consciousness is an epiphenomenon of the brain and the brain is gone, consciousness is then gone too. But this is an assumption. No person on Earth has been able to prove physicalism.

Every post is like another stroke of the penis ... or the thought behind the post is the stroke and the communication of that thought is the ejaculation.

You sure know how to hurt a guy! Hehehe.

Peace & Love!

The only thing that can make it seem illogical is the doctrine of physicalism. If you believe that consciousness is an epiphenomenon of the brain and the brain is gone, consciousness is then gone too. But this is an assumption. No person on Earth has been able to prove physicalism.

Except that Marblehead has proven it for himself and that's all that matters. But then no person on earth has been able to prove that physicalism is not a valid consideration.

I planned for tomorrow therefore I was able to retire early in life.

I don't plan for death because I am in no hurry to die. Maybe when I am 116 years old I will start thinking about it a little more seriously.

Right now I am just too busy with life.

Peace & Love!

Except that Marblehead has proven it for himself and that's all that matters.

I welcome my solipsistic overlords.

But then no person on earth has been able to prove that physicalism is not a valid consideration.

Surely you jest. The amount of critique on it is huge.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/052...hemetapsycholog

http://www.amazon.com/Saving-Belief-Lynne-...r/dp/0691073201

http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Physical-World-...0070&sr=8-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism (criticism section)

http://philosophy.uwaterloo.ca/MindDict/materialism.html ("materialism and mind" section)

And so forth.

That's not even counting the classic Buddhist refutations of materialism.

In the way of most people thinking, I can not just give you some idea without prove , and saying it is true.

please read those book written by western

1:Swedenborg from Sweden has a fascinating book. His soul has a journey at heaven

2: < Journey of Souls> and <Destiny of Souls> by Michael Newton, develop story by Hypnotherapy

3: <life after life> , book and movie, develop story by those people come back from death

4: Discovery channel have a movie, study some cases that some kids can remember their pre-life. most of those case happen at remote area

5: Bible said there are heaven and hell, and if you re-read bible carefully, you will find some case about reincourneiation

what about all of those book are right, by has a limited view. of course , it has to be limited

Taoism believe reincourneiation too. but to being a Taoist the goal is to became a Xia, out of control of those reincourneiation . control you life by yourself, or become a member of heaven in higher level for ever.

Great post!

The book "Destiny of Souls" made my jaw drop when I read it because it was almost exactly like I had experienced in dreamtime and coincided with the info in my book.

One reason the Bible has so few references to reincarnation is that most references were removed I think in 308 AD.

Taoism believe reincourneiation too. but to being a Taoist the goal is to became a Xia, out of control of those reincourneiation . control you life by yourself, or become a member of heaven in higher level for ever.

Good!

And it is all a matter of raising energy body vibration, practicing Virtue, and walking in the Wu Wei. This takes most many lifetimes to accomplish.

Do you think that it is or ever will be actually possible for us to know with 100% certainty what happens after death while we are still alive?

Unless you're gifted with special vision, no. It's a matter of spiritual faith and choosing or not choosing from the range of doctrines presented to us. Accounts of near death experiences are interesting ...

I welcome my solipsistic overlords.

Surely you jest. The amount of critique on it is huge.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/052...hemetapsycholog

http://www.amazon.com/Saving-Belief-Lynne-...r/dp/0691073201

http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Physical-World-...0070&sr=8-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism (criticism section)

http://philosophy.uwaterloo.ca/MindDict/materialism.html ("materialism and mind" section)

And so forth.

That's not even counting the classic Buddhist refutations of materialism.

Now you surely do not believe that I care what any of those people had to say on the subject, do you?

The criteria is that they prove it to me. That they can write words on a piece of papar doesn't mean all that much to me. Sorry, that just the way I am. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post the links though.

Peace & Love !

Maybe I can refraze my point.

Well, as mentioned nothing happens - nothing!

And what appears to be a reality comes to you instantly, and leaves you in a chock, so you try to act upon that reality. This petty action is what killes people. yes!

You know,as usual man would like to concider it self to have an actual, legal opinion about things and as such man will react, because this is how we have lived most of our lives; fantasizing about, and believing that we in fact are the one, "center of the universe" O The "i" doing the things around here.

Well, you are not and that's the "Pre-death occurring experience" or; The famous last will :rolleyes: if you like.

To act is actually to react. And that is in fact what kills the "I", because we act upon knowledge only, and knowledge as the fruit of yesterdays, is way to slow to catch up with life. And reacting upon "nothing" is paralysing. Death is the past, and it is from that passed we react.

So, yes, any reaction on thought is what is killing us. It does so now and does so later, anytime.

Do you hear what I say - Yes, the "I" is no more than a commiting suicide How's that for life ....

weird stuff - nothing to worry about, though - anyway, life is eternity so stop messing with it all the time.

Stick to your question, forget about the answer.

Edited by Guest

what you done this life and some other life will decide your next life or something.

my master told me that "Do not watch further , you can watch your pass"

I am thinking that "this life is decided , unless there are something big happen, " next life is not decide yet.

big thing : some times it is a small thing for you, but have a big effect to other, then it is a big thing. good or bad

Do you think that it is or ever will be actually possible for us to know with 100% certainty what happens after death while we are still alive?

Thought this might make for a good discussion. I'm curious to know what some of the bums think on this subject.

What is 100% possible to know is that death will die.

Sign in to follow this