Sign in to follow this  
thuscomeone

what happens after death?

if there's anything i like more than a moron, it's an opinionated moron :lol:

Are you referring to me? If that's the case I advice you to stop being an smart ass with me. Thanks.

who said anything about you :lol:

you are right, smart ass doesn't look good, but look at the alternatives :lol:

speaking of impermanence, death really puts things into proper perspective, ain't it?

and below is the supreme argument to it, eheh...

Well... that was a rare gem now wasn't it? You must have some sort of omniscience to be able to pull that out of the vaults at random! It goes to show how illusional of a story death is.

A great being... the same great being as last not named, wrote a book, "Does Death Really Exist?"

:lol:

:lol: You are making me apply lots of these symbols here in a short period of time now Little 1... do you want a medal?

Dumb ass?

:lol::lol::lol:

Are you referring to me? If that's the case I advice you to stop being an smart ass with me. Thanks.

Taking things a little personally through the impersonal ability to be personal about impersonalities?

Dumb ass?

:lol::lol::lol:

Dumb ass speaking out his hole: (echo) Life and Death are the same.

I first found out about this reading Clavell's Shogun. I'd sure like a smart ass comment on it :D

Dumb ass speaking out his hole: (echo) Life and Death are the same.

I first found out about this reading Clavell's Shogun. I'd sure like a smart ass comment on it :D

:lol: Ok... if anyone can see the fun in that name alone... it's definitely me.

:P

It's only when we are not really living that we worry about what happens after death.

If we live life with eyes wide open and really see who and what we are, there is absolutely no interest in what happens after we die.

I just wanted to repeat and emphasize this thought.

Peace & Love!

My apologies then. It is the way you wrote it leading to confusion on my end.

Naw. He was talking about me so don't worry about it, Okay? :)

Peace & Love!

It's a valid point only if you don't neglect to mention the flip side -- birth is taking place all the time.

Birth is happening right now.

The body is constantly renewing itself as we speak. Even a wrinkle on the body is something NEW. It's not old. There is nothing old.

The only thing that gets old in the person is the name. That's it. Everything else is ever new.

True, birth is death but it does not apply to life.

It is the birth and death of the thought only. Clinging on to that thought is the name, the ego. Cultivation of this is what we call mind.

if there's anything i like more than a moron, it's an opinionated moron :lol:

we 'die' everyday, there's a moment in the night when the heart stops.

good meditators die everytime they meditate. they rehearse death.

if you don't have a clear view on the process of death, then you are not clear about life either.

the question on death is a good one. deadly important :lol:

Death is what occurs along with every single thought, going from one thought to the next.

To cling on to that thought is what some refer to as love, others refer to that as fear. In both cases we are stalling the impulse of life, this self expression is building up a momentum, eventually creating the question of a "you" as something different from others and that is what the you are interested in by questioning death as a "final death" and then what....

The "you" is death. It don't understand life because it is not in contact with it, yet it is maintained in a world of life only by defending it self against it through memory, the memory of all creatures that walked the face of earth. The resistance has many names; culture, authority, rules, laws, police, karma, god, weapons, "me", "you", "them", "us", etc.

Edited by Guest

Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that,

Thanks for the clarification, makes sense.

Tao Toe,

Yoda

Its quite clear what you have said here Tragardh about going nowhere after death - since one comes from nowhere but a consolidation of various impermanent things, whereby this consolidation can occur only because of things having *dissolved* prior, so in a sense, personal death is simply a transformation to allow for further new impersonal consolidations and formations. And in your earlier posts here you mentioned it is the false self(ego) that prevents the person from seeing beyond personal and impersonal(mere illusion) hence the fear of disassociation and nothingness. I can relate to this - thanks!

On a relative level, one could say that everything is dying and being reborn instantaneously, but this may not make sense to some, so another way to explain is there is nothing that lives and dies, there is only an unending cycle of simultaneous formation and dissolution. This is my personal take albeit a rather superficial one, so feel free anyone, to expand?

Waw, I really like they way to tell stuff. An I realize I like to shape up my active english vocabulary.

Thank you for refrazing my point.

There is one maybe minor detail (words!?) that I like to point out.

You say:

"..... there is nothing that lives and dies, there is only an unending cycle of simultaneous formation and dissolution."

Everything (ther) is, (is) a live - Nothing real is born or going to die ;)

Edited by Guest

Do you think that it is or ever will be actually possible for us to know with 100% certainty what happens after death while we are still alive?

Thought this might make for a good discussion. I'm curious to know what some of the bums think on this subject.

I've posted the Raja Yoga Savasana (death pose) techmique that allows a person to experience life without body Here - it is post #:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...11802&st=80

If you are going to progress beyond Kundalini, the Savasana is the traditional way.

In the way of most people thinking, I can not just give you some idea without prove , and saying it is true.

please read those book written by western

1:Swedenborg from Sweden has a fascinating book. His soul has a journey at heaven

2: < Journey of Souls> and <Destiny of Souls> by Michael Newton, develop story by Hypnotherapy

3: <life after life> , book and movie, develop story by those people come back from death

4: Discovery channel have a movie, study some cases that some kids can remember their pre-life. most of those case happen at remote area

5: Bible said there are heaven and hell, and if you re-read bible carefully, you will find some case about reincourneiation

what about all of those book are right, by has a limited view. of course , it has to be limited

Taoism believe reincourneiation too. but to being a Taoist the goal is to became a Xia, out of control of those reincourneiation . control you life by yourself, or become a member of heaven in higher level for ever.

also, all of you will die, maybe in different way, and I guarantee that your death will sucess , people has fear on death include me, because we do not know,

in fact we have fear on everything that we do not know, in our real life,

also, all of you will die, maybe in different way, and I guarantee that your death will sucess , people has fear on death include me, because we do not know,

in fact we have fear on everything that we do not know, in our real life,

I really don't fear it. I just don't want to encounter it for a very long time.

In my 'real' life there is nothing I do not know that I feel I should know therefore I have no fear according to what you said above.

BTW I don't suffer either. :P

Peace & Love!

Edited by Marblehead

Sign in to follow this