Prince...

Do any Bums stare at Goats?

Witch -- if you just google vagus nerve and serotonin there's tons of info:

http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pi...924977X08002940

The vagus nerve transduces both anaerobic bacteria and serotonin up into the brain. You can use an implant OR you can ionize the serotonin via ultrasound produced through meditation (that's my theory). haha.

Sorry about confusing adrenaline with the British opposite term! haha. But it's acetylcholine right? Oops --

"Norepinephrine (or noradrenaline) is also released from the adrenal glands when they are active. In a healthily functioning human, approximately 80% of the released substance is adrenaline, and the other 20% is norepinephrine."

So the serotonin -- dopamine ratio for vagus nerve activation in qigong is probably similar -- 80 to 20.

Here's more on the vagus parasympethetic nerve as serotonin NOT acetylcholine (still... there's an obvious connection going on like with all the others....)

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/52/4/964

:blink: so you are saying norepinephrine is adrenaline? Here:

http://medicguide.blogspot.com/2008/07/wha...adrenaline.html

oy oy oy oy oy

Also, don't know much about the parasympathetic nervous system, but I found this:

"The parasympathetic nervous system uses only acetylcholine (ACh) as its neurotransmitter,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasympathetic_nervous_system

so not sure where you are getting the idea that serotonin will affect it.

And here's research with bloodwork on the effects of qigong exercise on dopamine levels--it raises them! Sheesh

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2401029

Edited by drewhempel

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Three cups of vinegar a day!!!!! Be careful with your teeth!

Why on earth are you...

oh never mind. Hopefully you mean cups of water with a tablespoon of vinegar or something like that.

ANYhow, to increase acetylcholine you need to have sufficient choline in the diet, from egg yolks, liver, fatty meats, soy products, nuts. Interestingly lots of salt interferes with acetylcholine's activities. Turmeric and asparagus and apples help acetylcholine. If you are vegetarian, you can get choline from soy-derived lecithin.

Edited by witch

Witch see the new links I posted also I'm keeping to dig on this. Yes my diet -- listen I went 8 days on just half glass of water. After that I have to be on the "Modified Bigu" diet. Qigong master Chunyi Lin fasts one day a week and the rest of the week eats just a little veggie meal. My family and friends freak out and also I was biking tons, etc. so I just switched to a diet that didn't cause any suspicion. haha. Then I had to eat antiseptic -- I was eating 3 BULBS of garlic a day to counteract the sugar and meat! haha. Obviously that was trouble so now I am seriously drinking 3 liquid cups of vinegar a day WITH A STRAW -- well sometimes I combine it 50% lemon juice. I add lemon juice to the vinegar for taste -- so at least 20% lemon juice.

I've been eating eggs in the morning with lots of turmeric and cayenne. I use no salt but get it from the big meat servings from my parents' food, etc. I was drinking alcohol instead of vinegar when I first moved here and my parents FREAKED because I needed constant alcohol since it's not the best antiseptic. haha. My dad could barely keep up with me. haha. They won't let me be vegetarian nor fast, etc.

Oh here's the research promoting 3 cups of vinegar a day or 100 grams dried I think it is? anyway it's pretty interesting because again vinegar turns into acetyl which is alkaline!

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/lifestyle...shi_vinegar.htm

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Three cups of vinegar a day!!!!! Be careful with your teeth!

Why on earth are you...

oh never mind. Hopefully you mean cups of water with a tablespoon of vinegar or something like that.

ANYhow, to increase acetylcholine you need to have sufficient choline in the diet, from egg yolks, liver, fatty meats, soy products, nuts. Interestingly lots of salt interferes with acetylcholine's activities. Turmeric and asparagus and apples help acetylcholine. If you are vegetarian, you can get choline from soy-derived lecithin.

Edited by drewhempel

Witch -- if you just google vagus nerve and serotonin there's tons of info:

http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pi...924977X08002940

The vagus nerve transduces both anaerobic bacteria and serotonin up into the brain. You can use an implant OR you can ionize the serotonin via ultrasound produced through meditation (that's my theory). haha.

Sorry about confusing adrenaline with the British opposite term! haha. But it's acetylcholine right? Oops --

"Norepinephrine (or noradrenaline) is also released from the adrenal glands when they are active. In a healthily functioning human, approximately 80% of the released substance is adrenaline, and the other 20% is norepinephrine."

So the serotonin -- dopamine ratio for vagus nerve activation in qigong is probably similar -- 80 to 20.

Here's more on the vagus parasympethetic nerve as serotonin NOT acetylcholine (still... there's an obvious connection going on like with all the others....)

WTF! Seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Loewi

The very first neurotransmitter discovered, acetylcholine, was discovered with a vagus nerve experiment. The vagus nerve is a nerve. Yes, you can stimulate it with serotonin. But it's not a neurotransmitter receptor, it's not that picky.

:rolleyes: The vagus nerve was being electrically stimulated, causing lung constriction. They were testing aerosols applied to the lungs--it was testing lung things, not vagus nerve things. If anything that proves that serotonin counteracts vagus nerve stimulation.

Although I have to say that we are the same, guinea pigging ourselves! :D You've given me an idea, I'm going to try the qigong diet. :lol: My idea of one anyhow. I'm going to try boosting my acetylcholine for a month with eating eggs, liver and taking supplements and see what happens. I'm female so I don't have to worry about wandering around with visibly wayward erectile tissue! :D

You should prove to yourself whether this is serotonin or not. I'm thinking very much not--you wouldn't be as sexual as you are if it were. What you should do is for a week take an herbal that raises serotonin like 5 HTP and see if it amplifies or decreases the effect you feel. Because we are not electric eels! :P

My family and friends freak out and also I was biking tons, etc. ..

haha I had to laugh when i read this... pictured you biking in full-lotus!! :lol::lol:

Witch last night I tested the following out and experienced exactly as it was described, with increased electromagnetic light output: According to the electric fish research the serotonin from the pineal gland then activates the ACTH of the pituitary gland which then increases the sodium in choline cells or something like that. I'll be investigating it more but I already emailed the scientist who did the electric fish research, sending him the youtube link wherein John Chang state's he's just like an electric eel. haha.

The endothelial cells carry the serotonin past the blood brain barrier via the vagus nerve working with the carotid artery --

Here's Wiki on serotonin:

A frightened crayfish flips its tail to flee, and the effect of serotonin on this behavior depends on the animal's social status. Serotonin inhibits the fleeing reaction in subordinates, but enhances it in socially dominant or isolated individuals. Social experience alters the proportion between different serotonin receptors which have opposing effects on the fight-or-flight response. The effect of 5-HT1 receptors predominates in subordinate animals while 5-HT2 receptors predominates in dominants.[9]

Serotonergic signaling plays an important role in the modulation of human mood, anger and aggression. Individuals of C.elegans facing stress (eg. a low-food environment) resume normal behavior if given serotonin-increasing drugs. The same drugs have similar effects in humans; the action of serotonin on the worms' mating and egg-laying resembles its effects on human sexuality.

You should prove to yourself whether this is serotonin or not. I'm thinking very much not--you wouldn't be as sexual as you are if it were. What you should do is for a week take an herbal that raises serotonin like 5 HTP and see if it amplifies or decreases the effect you feel. Because we are not electric eels! :P

I think they mean sexual as in sexual social status. For example, when the females of a group pick a special male, they groom him and increase his serotonin levels, making him in effect the alpha male. But when it comes to actual sexual performance, too much serotonin is a bad thing. Now it's true people with very low serotonin, depressed people, are too depressed to be interested in sex, so a baseline is necessary.

People with very high serotonin levels are the exact opposite of what one would think a qigong master would be like. They are self-centered, with impaired ability to feel emotion, and seem like very gregarious used car salesmen.

wait, you tested it and had increased electromagnetic light output as a result? B) oy oy oy

Yeah those doe deer circling the house, with their big dark eyes, staring at me, might not be dead goats but there's some connection there.

I think they mean sexual as in sexual social status. For example, when the females of a group pick a special male, they groom him and increase his serotonin levels, making him in effect the alpha male. But when it comes to actual sexual performance, too much serotonin is a bad thing. Now it's true people with very low serotonin, depressed people, are too depressed to be interested in sex, so a baseline is necessary.

People with very high serotonin levels are the exact opposite of what one would think a qigong master would be like. They are self-centered, with impaired ability to feel emotion, and seem like very gregarious used car salesmen.

wait, you tested it and had increased electromagnetic light output as a result? B) oy oy oy

Although I have to say that we are the same, guinea pigging ourselves! :D You've given me an idea, I'm going to try the qigong diet. :lol: My idea of one anyhow. I'm going to try boosting my acetylcholine for a month with eating eggs, liver and taking supplements and see what happens. I'm female so I don't have to worry about wandering around with visibly wayward erectile tissue! :D

What supplements are you thinking about Witch?

What supplements are you thinking about Witch?

I went out and bought some Choline/Inositol and took a rather large amount. I also bought Acetyl-L-Carnitine, will take that tomorrow morning. I'm feeling very much like a coiling dragoness right now, but that might just be the placebo effect. :) Definitely like the idea of qigong in a pill! :lol: very lazy

Edited by witch

I was thinking more along the lines of planetary energy. I think what you are saying is kind of silly--why invent a new chemistry when the real actual chemistry exists? We aren't in the Dark Ages, we already know the chemical properties of neurotransmitters.

At a guess

Mars--adrenaline/epinephrine

Venus--acetylcholine

Jupiter--serotonin

That's all I've got so far. I think dopamine might be Pluto, but it might also be Neptune, not sure yet.

I was thinking more along the lines of planetary energy. I think what you are saying is kind of silly--why invent a new chemistry when the real actual chemistry exists? We aren't in the Dark Ages, we already know the chemical properties of neurotransmitters.

At a guess

Venus--acetylcholine

Jupiter--serotonin

That's all I've got so far. I think dopamine might be Pluto, but it might also be Neptune, not sure yet.

I use L-Arginine and Citrulline. These both increase circulation, promote hgh and burn fat. Also does wonders for my libido. :D

ralis

Witch you should patent that concept just like "Ra Music" and such. Have you checked out Robert Schmidt's astrology translations of ancient Greek?

http://www.projecthindsight.com/

Oh Witch -- here's the skinny (great images!) of "toxic vagus syndrome" via "retrograde axonal transport"

Cavitations in the Jaw Bone, the Vagus Nerve and the Heart

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML

The Toxic Vagus Syndrome. It is highly probable (and observed by numerous practitioners), that the vagus nerve frequently becomes toxic via its dental ...

www.klinghardtneurobiology.org/CavitationsVagus.pdf

At a guess

Venus--acetylcholine

Jupiter--serotonin

Edited by drewhempel

Witch you should patent that concept just like "Ra Music" and such. Have you checked out Robert Schmidt's astrology translations of ancient Greek?

http://www.projecthindsight.com/

Oh Witch -- here's the skinny (great images!) of "toxic vagus syndrome" via "retrograde axonal transport"

Cavitations in the Jaw Bone, the Vagus Nerve and the Heart

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML

The Toxic Vagus Syndrome. It is highly probable (and observed by numerous practitioners), that the vagus nerve frequently becomes toxic via its dental ...

www.klinghardtneurobiology.org/CavitationsVagus.pdf

I skimmed through that pdf--you understand that I agree that bacteria can harm the vagus nerve and interfere with its correct functioning, but that doesn't mean the vagus nerve actually transports bacteria. Some of his points seem rather far-fetched, although I do have an open mind. Certainly jaw health probably has something do with headache frequency and severity.