Sign in to follow this  
Apech

Coffee

Obviously you have not seen me dance! Its a bad, bad thing ... and should be banned.

Hehehe. Well, you may have a point there. I have seen some video clips with men who thought they could dance. It's amazing how delusional some of us can be. (Isn't that neat how I tied this thread in with that other thread?)

Maybe just some people need to be banned from dancing. :D

Happy Trails!

Damn, anythime I see this thread makes me want to brew some coffee.. Not doing it this early though, it's 8 am here.

Hehehe. :D

Damn, anythime I see this thread makes me want to brew some coffee.. Not doing it this early though, it's 8 am here.

Have one for me, King. :D

Apep, do you feel any better now that you've cut out coffee? I was just thinking about quitting today and I'm curious about affects of not taking caffeine daily...

This morning I was EXTREMELY irritable .. had my coffee and life was back to normal.. that scared me a bit honestly.. I don't want to be dependent on a cup of joe for my well being.

Apep, do you feel any better now that you've cut out coffee? I was just thinking about quitting today and I'm curious about affects of not taking caffeine daily...

This morning I was EXTREMELY irritable .. had my coffee and life was back to normal.. that scared me a bit honestly.. I don't want to be dependent on a cup of joe for my well being.

Yes I do. I've lasted a week now and got used to just drinking tea. So I get some caffeine but its not the same. I miss coffee because its one of the things I really enjoy - and I'm not saying everyone needs to give it up or that its that bad - but the reason I did was that I drank some before meditating and I noticed the effect it was having on me. It was kind of speeding me up in a very unbalanced way. So for me it was the right thing to do. I am amazed at the reaction of my body - a week of headaches (some quite intense) so you have to want to do it.

I agree about not wanting to be dependent - but them ain thing is I think ask yourself if its something you need to kick. Also if you have the right sort of control you can just limit it - but I find it easier to cut it out altogether.

Yeah I switch to Chai tea.. When I was young parents use to always make so I knew of it.

You just need like.. 3 cups a day XD

I have been known to drink a pot of Chai while writing an essay.

Not a teapot--a stewpot. :D

Tea is a great substitute, but be careful on the mg amounts (if you are sensitive to caffeine). Even though it is stated green= 20-25 gm; white = 15 mg and black = 50 mg, this is not always so. Independent labs have tested some greens as high as 100 mg + (depending on the region grown, use of shading like gyokuro, higher in mountains, use of whole leaf/stem like matcha, etc.). But still better than coffee overall IMO(higher chi value and the theanine helps balance the stimulant effects to create a calm awareness).

Edited by Kameel

We should have a tea party.

:)

I have six varieties in the house. We could have it here. I also have coffee and OJ for the health-minded folks.

Happy Trails!

I have six varieties in the house. We could have it here. I also have coffee and OJ for the health-minded folks.

Happy Trails!

Stick the kettle on - I'll bring some ginger biscuits.

:D:D:D

Stick the kettle on - I'll bring some ginger biscuits.

:D:D:D

All Right!!! I love ginger cookies of all nationalities.

Happy Trails!

In case anyone is interested I have now lasted 2 weeks without coffee - just drinking tea and I have to say I feel great. I wouldn't say its essential to cut coffee but basically the idea/feeling that I should stop came up in meditation and what I would recommend is that you ask your body/mind about this kind of thing and listen to what it tells you - this is what I did.

Hey! I haven't seen CONUS used since I retired from the Army.

I always did like 8 O'clock but it is pretty expensive now-a-days. I bought it all the time when A&P had the label.

French press is great - after a couple cups of that, I seriously dont want any more coffee :lol: Whereas regularly made coffee I can drink a whole pot.

Still wishing I could find a good decaf - every. single. one. is a major disappointment. I could care less about the caffeine, I just like a good steep robust cup of coffee, strong enough to slap you in the face :D

I just went to the green tea house here and restocked on tea...some peach pu-erh, found a good ancient pu-erh cake, the wife got some blueberry silver needle :) and since her brother was here we spent enough to get a free oz of...golden dew was it? and to hit that threshold we bought a pu-erh blossom.

I agree with hou yuan jia in fearless, drinking tea is a mood. :D and so is coffee!

Hey Apech.. are you still off coffee?? Hows it going for you?

On topic... My favorite brand of coffee is Mauro ---> http://caffemauro.com/en/accademia_caffe/ -- and i have tried them all. Naturally, i love malaysian coffee but somehow it only tastes yummy when drinking it in the local coffee shop.

Was just having a coffee-related chat with the gf an hour ago, and we found out this new sophisticated brewing technique called 'Chemex' http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com/support/instructions.html -- has anyone tried this?

Apparently, there is also the Vietnamese coffee and filtering thingy which is really really delicious when mixed in with condensed milk, like, the flavor is out of this world!! http://www.howtobrewcoffee.com/Vietnamese.htm

ahhh... joie de vivre!!

• Like 1

French press is great - after a couple cups of that, I seriously dont want any more coffee :lol: Whereas regularly made coffee I can drink a whole pot.

Still wishing I could find a good decaf - every. single. one. is a major disappointment. I could care less about the caffeine, I just like a good steep robust cup of coffee, strong enough to slap you in the face :D

I just went to the green tea house here and restocked on tea...some peach pu-erh, found a good ancient pu-erh cake, the wife got some blueberry silver needle :) and since her brother was here we spent enough to get a free oz of...golden dew was it? and to hit that threshold we bought a pu-erh blossom.

I agree with hou yuan jia in fearless, drinking tea is a mood. :D and so is coffee!

A french press works well with PILON decaf espresso for me , bring to boil with sugar and immediately pour into the press

havent tried decaf in that yet - but I'll skip the sugar, I dont even know that there is any in the house. well wait, yes there is, J uses some for baking sometimes, but I dont even know where it is, its probably in a large container in the pantry somewhere :lol:

Hey Apech.. are you still off coffee?? Hows it going for you?

On topic... My favorite brand of coffee is Mauro ---> http://caffemauro.com/en/accademia_caffe/ -- and i have tried them all. Naturally, i love malaysian coffee but somehow it only tastes yummy when drinking it in the local coffee shop.

Was just having a coffee-related chat with the gf an hour ago, and we found out this new sophisticated brewing technique called 'Chemex' http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com/support/instructions.html -- has anyone tried this?

Apparently, there is also the Vietnamese coffee and filtering thingy which is really really delicious when mixed in with condensed milk, like, the flavor is out of this world!! http://www.howtobrewcoffee.com/Vietnamese.htm

ahhh... joie de vivre!!

Ha! I started this thread in 2009 ... no I stopped coffee for a while but then went back. I like it too much. But I do use decaff now for some of the time ... use a filter machine ... the coffee in Portugal is good.

i had some vietnamese coffee in vietnam, it's usually complimented with a glass of green tea to be used as a chaser. it's quite good.

received the french press today and wow, the flavor difference is incredible vs moka pot that i was using beforehand.

Ha! I started this thread in 2009 ... no I stopped coffee for a while but then went back. I like it too much. But I do use decaff now for some of the time ... use a filter machine ... the coffee in Portugal is good.

almost as good as coffee....

bet you wont find her in Portugal :P Definitely not decaf, sir.

Sign in to follow this