Taomeow

The Moscow dragon

Here's a story I meant to share for some time...

I went to Wang Liping's second Moscow seminar in May-June (to be blogged or otherwise immortalized later). Most of the participants were the same people who had attended his first Moscow seminar a year before. The story I'm going to tell, I didn't witness myself since it happened at the first seminar, but there were about 40 eyewitnesses all telling it more or less the same way, so here it is.

Some of the practices were taught in the park, since they have to be performed in the open and among the trees (including a neat walking-breathing routine and some qigong aimed at communication and qi exchange with trees). So the master announced the days and times for this particular practice. Saturday and Sunday, from six to nine pm, he said. People began whining, because the weather was atrocious -- bitterly cold, heavy nonstop rain, and more of the same in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Wang Liping said, rain, hmmm... Well, if it was in China I'd talk to the dragon, but I'm not acquainted with the Moscow dragon yet... so I don't know if he will honor my request. Let me try though. Give me a half hour.

He went to his room, closed the door, and was absent for a half hour. The students, perplexed, waited. Then the door opened, Wang Liping walked out smiling broadly, and said, "OK, I've made arrangements with the Moscow dragon. No rain six to nine pm Saturday or Sunday. See you in the park tomorrow."

"Tomorrow" came -- that's Saturday -- and it was raining harder than before all day long and nothing in the sky was indicative of the rain having any intention of stopping by six -- or ever for that matter. All the students... well, I leave their feelings to your imagination, but grudgingly, they made their way to the park.

At exactly six pm, the rain suddenly stopped.

At exactly nine pm, when the practice was completed, it started raining again. It rained till six pm of the next day, Sunday, stopped at six, resumed at nine. It rained nonstop for another two or three days.

Perhaps it's not for nothing that Wang Liping's taoist lineage is Dragon Gate. :)

• Like 1

There are cases when the dragon may want to give rain, but he must be allowed first from the Jade Emperor (Indra). If Indra does not want it, there will be no rain.

Anyway, cool story.

I went to Wang Liping's second Moscow seminar in May-June (to be blogged or otherwise immortalized later). Most of the participants were the same people who had attended his first Moscow seminar a year before. The story I'm going to tell, I didn't witness myself since it happened at the first seminar, but there were about 40 eyewitnesses all telling it more or less the same way, so here it is.

Some of the practices were taught in the park, since they have to be performed in the open and among the trees (including a neat walking-breathing routine and some qigong aimed at communication and qi exchange with trees). So the master announced the days and times for this particular practice. Saturday and Sunday, from six to nine pm, he said. People began whining, because the weather was atrocious -- bitterly cold, heavy nonstop rain, and more of the same in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Wang Liping said, rain, hmmm... Well, if it was in China I'd talk to the dragon, but I'm not acquainted with the Moscow dragon yet... so I don't know if he will honor my request. Let me try though. Give me a half hour.

He went to his room, closed the door, and was absent for a half hour. The students, perplexed, waited. Then the door opened, Wang Liping walked out smiling broadly, and said, "OK, I've made arrangements with the Moscow dragon. No rain six to nine pm Saturday or Sunday. See you in the park tomorrow."

"Tomorrow" came -- that's Saturday -- and it was raining harder than before all day long and nothing in the sky was indicative of the rain having any intention of stopping by six -- or ever for that matter. All the students... well, I leave their feelings to your imagination, but grudgingly, they made their way to the park.

At exactly nine pm, when the practice was completed, it started raining again. It rained till six pm of the next day, Sunday, stopped at six, resumed at nine. It rained nonstop for another two or three days.

Perhaps it's not for nothing that Wang Liping's taoist lineage is Dragon Gate. :)

Wow, awesome story! Can't wait to hear more from you..

I think it'd also be reallly cool if various students and others could compile a book of such anecdotes about Master WLP to share with the world.

Very nice, Taomeow. The place where Nan Huai-Chin resides now has a few dragons living in crystals underground.

Taomeow,

Don't be surprising. Same thing (stopping rain) happened many time in Master Wang's workshop. Doing that is a piece of cake for him.

Very nice, Taomeow. The place where Nan Huai-Chin resides now has a few dragons living in crystals underground.

Sounds interesting, where did you hear this?

I heard this before I went to train with him, but later when I got there I "saw" the energy generated by those beings.

Taomeow,

Don't be surprising. Same thing (stopping rain) happened many time in Master Wang's workshop. Doing that is a piece of cake for him.

Hi Kathy,

I believe it. :)

In Moscow, at Wang Liping's Secong Russian Seminar I took part in.

I heard this before I went to train with him, but later when I got there I "saw" the energy generated by those beings.

You trained with WLP?

Yes

Cool! In China? You know Chinese?

Can you tell me what would be the Pinyin rendition of Линбао-бифа, Чжун-Люй чуань дао цзи, and

Да дао чжи чжи? -- I learned and practice them but I don't know how to say it in English, since instruction by WLP in Moscow was simultaneously translated into Russian and I have no idea how to romanize Cyrillic Mandarin. :lol:

Cool! In China? You know Chinese?

Can you tell me what would be the Pinyin rendition of Линбао-бифа, Чжун-Люй чуань дао цзи, and

Да дао чжи чжи? -- I learned and practice them but I don't know how to say it in English, since instruction by WLP in Moscow was simultaneously translated into Russian and I have no idea how to romanize Cyrillic Mandarin. :lol:

Hahaha, too funny. I know some Chinese but it would be impossible to know how to say it based on what you wrote. The intricacies in intonation, etc.

You took a workshop with WLP in Moscow? Wow, very nice. Can you write something more about your experiences? :)

post-16665-1259707231_thumb.jpgOne of them says Lingbao Bifa if that helps you any ? I got the info & picture from the following site. The beautiful photo is from the Second Moscow Seminar :D

http://dao.tjq.ru/04.html

Thank you! :) Well, the psychic among us can figure out which one is me. :lol: By the way, there was no talking WLP into placing himself to occupy the center of the picture even though people tried hard. Very characteristic.

Edited by Taomeow

Thank you! :) Well, the psychic among us can figure out which one is me. :lol: By the way, there was no talking WLP into placing himself to occupy the center of the picture even though people tried hard. Very characteristic.

No problem taomeow, I think the other translation was something on the golden flower or dao jia etc ? Im not 100% certain however.

Regards,

Thank you! :) Well, the psychic among us can figure out which one is me. :lol:

I would say the one straight in the center...