Gerard

The real Medicine

I found this reading very interesting:

http://www.drgrotte.com/AfricanMedicine.shtml

It shows that no matter where the health practices were originated from, humans in the old times were more intuitive and deeply connected to the Earth and Heaven. Today, this knowledge is still there but far from being mainstream and it will always remain that way since its strong affinity to the Yin side of reality. We live in a Yang world.

Australian Aboriginal, Native American, Siberian Shamanism, Taoism, Tibetan, IFA, etc. are all the same, as you know.

Be well.

Thank you for sharing this Freeform! I assume this is about the Kalahari Bushmen right? I have read a lot about them, but hadn't read this particular piece....do you have a reference for it? Where did this writing come from? Thanks again for sharing I really enjoyed the read.

Love,

Carson :D

Oh cool! I'm really glad you guys enjoyed that! :)

It's the "Declaration of the N/om-Kxaosi"... It does come from the Bushmen of Kalahari...

I couldn't recommend the book "Bushman Shaman: Awakening the Spirit Through Ecstatic Dance by Bradford Keeney" enough - it's had such an important impact on my kunlun practice. I first read the declaration in this book. The book is a collection of Keeney's spiritual experiences with the Kalahari Bushman Shamans.

I also realised that being the oldest culture around they carry a lineage to the very beginnings of spirituality - way before the egyptians or any literally any other known cultures... they carry the root practices... and the spontaneous movement and shaking that I practice is directly related to the spirited shaking and spontaneous movements that they practice... this is where yi gong comes from!

EDIT:

Oh! and make sure to check out the videos and other great stuff on Bradford Keeney's website.

(Scott - I challenge you not to have your kunlun activated watching that video ^_^ )

Edited by freeform

Australian Aboriginal, Native American, Siberian Shamanism, Taoism, Tibetan, IFA, etc. are all the same, as you know.

I'm sorry (this may seem like trolling but...)

Such a claim can not clearly be backed up. Yes it is true that principles found in these cultures and practices can be found. It is in a sense a principles of nature which seem to be pretty universal and thus many religions and other cultures and practices will find these principles. Which is why you draw parallel to them as being the same.

White Tiger,

I agree. It's hard to say that there was truly one root tradition and it split up into all of the various traditions. We can't know that. It could just very well be that it's just a common human phenomenon. Like you said, "principles of nature which are pretty universal".

However, in all of the various traditions, there are things that work and things that don't. The universal parts. True elements of the practice. This is the root. The true spirituality, devoid of the extra stuff.

That part is the same everywhere.

Oh cool! I'm really glad you guys enjoyed that! :)

It's the "Declaration of the N/om-Kxaosi"... It does come from the Bushmen of Kalahari...

I couldn't recommend the book "Bushman Shaman: Awakening the Spirit Through Ecstatic Dance by Bradford Keeney" enough - it's had such an important impact on my kunlun practice. I first read the declaration in this book. The book is a collection of Keeney's spiritual experiences with the Kalahari Bushman Shamans.

I also realised that being the oldest culture around they carry a lineage to the very beginnings of spirituality - way before the egyptians or any literally any other known cultures... they carry the root practices... and the spontaneous movement and shaking that I practice is directly related to the spirited shaking and spontaneous movements that they practice... this is where yi gong comes from!

EDIT:

Oh! and make sure to check out the videos and other great stuff on Bradford Keeney's website.

(Scott - I challenge you not to have your kunlun activated watching that video ^_^ )

drew hempel has explained about the bushmen a dillion times he's got a book out at amazon. buy his book. :)

Australian Aboriginal, Native American, Siberian Shamanism, Taoism, Tibetan, IFA, etc. are all the same, as you know.[/quote]

Oh dear. There's that thing about "Native American" spirituality, again.

There is no "Native American" spirituality. It's like saying "French" spirituality.

There are almost 600 federally-recognized tribes in the US. That's not counting Canadian First Nations. This includes Eskimos. Eskimos are not Indians.

Each is distinct and identifiable in origin, culture and homeland. Every tradition is different. Some are related; some are not.

I find it really bizarre when really well-intended forward-thinking spiritualists in Alaska whip out the sage and do a little smudging at the Talking Circle and bless the Four Directions. None of which is indigenous to Alaska, and all borrowed from different Plains Indian cultures.

And there's no need - these are not lost cultures.

In the Native community, this contemporary phenomenon is called "Plastic Shaman".

Hi Snowdiva,

There is no "Native American" spirituality.

I have argued this statement before. I won't get wordy here except to suggest that there is a common thread within nearly all North American NAs regarding spirituality.

My spirituality is based on North American spirituality, specifically the Cherokee peoples.

Happy Trails.

The maths-music relationship is a bit hard to navigate through too. Although I went through uni with a gifted mathematician who was also a composer so I can understand the attraction of combining those topics.

It's all good :)