ronko

Controlling sexual desire

That didn't sound right....!!! Did you do it correctly.

Yes, of course it could also be from the fact that I'm eating less also, but the tiredness has not been as much of a problem today though. My other hunch is that since I noticed a lot of qi moving around clearing out stuff that perhaps I felt tired (at least partially) due to all that qi being used for those purposes. I've noticed in the past that when I've done a lot of emotional type work that I would feel tired while in the midst of it.

Well, as a general rule, it was advised not to practice meditation(Chi Kung) under hunger to avoid any adverse effects. However, it is alright to practice it under emotion distress to calm oneself down.

Well, as a general rule, it was advised not to practice meditation(Chi Kung) under hunger to avoid any adverse effects. However, it is alright to practice it under emotion distress to calm oneself down.

Yea that was exactly why I was doing it. During the course of this weeks meditation I had been having a lot of desire flare ups, and I had noticed that they would get more intense after eating, but weaken if I ate less. It did help a lot.

get your dantien breathing efficient enough and the electromagnetic fields can supplement some (...hah, or all, if you're that hardcore and in the middle of a long fast...) of the electrochemical energy you normally get from digestion. when I feel my blood sugar drop a bit and I know its going to be a while before I can eat, I immediately implement that protocol and can stave off hunger for hours if need be, its just a matter of cultivating the technique. :)

• Like 2

get your dantien breathing efficient enough and the electromagnetic fields can supplement some (...hah, or all, if you're that hardcore and in the middle of a long fast...) of the electrochemical energy you normally get from digestion. when I feel my blood sugar drop a bit and I know its going to be a while before I can eat, I immediately implement that protocol and can stave off hunger for hours if need be, its just a matter of cultivating the technique. :)

hmmm.....Electromagnetic fields and electrochemical energy....!!!

Sounds like the Six Million Dollar Man again...... :D

Bigu is real - I went over 8 days on just half a glass of water - not only was I never hungry but my energy increased as I went along and there was water created in my brain from some sort of "electrolysis" - the top of my skull was pulsating with electromagnetic energy as were the centers of my hands and feet.

So yeah you can go without food and minimal water -- qigong master Chunyi Lin went 2 months like that with just six bottles of water and six apples I think.....

Ummm.... he never slept the whole time either.

But that is when the body is full of shen energy.

• Like 2

Just had to share this experience today. Ok so my roommate is female. A nice agreeable person no complaints at all. A few months ago she got this new bf so most of the time is not around very often which is cool for me cause I get the place to myself a lot.

Well this afternoon it just so worked out that I was back from school and she was there for a while taking care of some stuff. So we are sitting on the couch watching tv but I'm really tired so I'm kind of just sitting there with my eyes closed.Well I guess the first thing I noticed was that I was tired in the first place which is why I was closing my eyes. Well second thing I notice is that I feel a bunch of my energy going into her. It was weird but I perceived it like this cloud or field around me going into her. So in my thoughts I'm like "NO! don't take my energy!". With an extreme exertion of my will I feel it stop going to her. At that exact moment she made some kind of random sound which distracted me from that, and made me think of her again (simply the fact that she was there). At this point I feel my energy resume to go to her. So I exert my will again for my energy to not go to her, but basically the whole time she was sitting next to me like that I had to concentrate my will in order for my energy to not to go her.

After about a minuet of me stopping my energy from going to her, she gets up off the couch and continues to go about doing her stuff. After this incident it occurred to me that with her being gone a lot lately that the contrast suddenly hit me. I realized that when she is around that I am usually more lethargic, but sort of the same flavor of lethargy as I experienced after talking to the girls at the clinic

Speaking of the girls at the clinic. Today was the first day of the summer semester so we were back in class. Now last week one of the girls who was also making up hours at the clinic was in my class. Usually she has been very quiet and kept to herself, but she was very chatty today which is very unusual for her. She is another one that I felt very tired after talking to last week.

This is all very odd. The only difference lately is that I have been meditating a LOT. Freaky experiences lol.

• Like 1

Just had to share this experience today. Ok so my roommate is female. A nice agreeable person no complaints at all. A few months ago she got this new bf so most of the time is not around very often which is cool for me cause I get the place to myself a lot.

Well this afternoon it just so worked out that I was back from school and she was there for a while taking care of some stuff. So we are sitting on the couch watching tv but I'm really tired so I'm kind of just sitting there with my eyes closed.Well I guess the first thing I noticed was that I was tired in the first place which is why I was closing my eyes. Well second thing I notice is that I feel a bunch of my energy going into her. It was weird but I perceived it like this cloud or field around me going into her. So in my thoughts I'm like "NO! don't take my energy!". With an extreme exertion of my will I feel it stop going to her. At that exact moment she made some kind of random sound which distracted me from that, and made me think of her again (simply the fact that she was there). At this point I feel my energy resume to go to her. So I exert my will again for my energy to not go to her, but basically the whole time she was sitting next to me like that I had to concentrate my will in order for my energy to not to go her.

After about a minuet of me stopping my energy from going to her, she gets up off the couch and continues to go about doing her stuff. After this incident it occurred to me that with her being gone a lot lately that the contrast suddenly hit me. I realized that when she is around that I am usually more lethargic, but sort of the same flavor of lethargy as I experienced after talking to the girls at the clinic

Speaking of the girls at the clinic. Today was the first day of the summer semester so we were back in class. Now last week one of the girls who was also making up hours at the clinic was in my class. Usually she has been very quiet and kept to herself, but she was very chatty today which is very unusual for her. She is another one that I felt very tired after talking to last week.

This is all very odd. The only difference lately is that I have been meditating a LOT. Freaky experiences lol.

yep -- like the old school kungfu movies - the young male goes off to train in secret with his master - but then his girlfriend shows up -- since she's the daughter of the old master who just got killed, the reason the young male is training to take revenge. The young male then tells his new master - "I think someone is watching us!" The new master then warns then young female that she will get caught if she keeps looking at the young male while he is training.

Anyway -- I have sensed this also - I can be outside working and I can actually feel my energy getting sucked up just by a female staring at me. haha.

So I was reading this Buddhist meditation book that someone sent me - and the "pre-requisite" for the training is in solitude at least a mile from the nearest village -

good luck finding that "pre-requisite" for meditation these days. haha.

So obviously the monasteries and the taoists training in solitude in caves, etc. -- yep it's for a reason.

Or else the training takes place in a culture where the females are not allowed to talk unless they are talked to or the females are otherwise subdued, etc. --

Alchemy basically then turns into a patriarchial culture as happened with Confucius and Plato and the caste system in India -- and even the "reforms" of these like Buddhism are misogynist.

but anyway if the proper understanding of gender dynamics occurs then this whole esoteric energy can be appreciated as not being sexist - in fact quite the contrary.

Unfortunately we are deeply embedded into a materialist framework that started back around 1200 BCE......

ummm the original human culture - the Bushmen -- the training required males in solitude, fasting for a month while during their puberty - and so with the older males also - so it would be an annual event - the Tshoma - and then before the males went hunting there was three days of no female contact.....

But at the same time if a male wanted to get married it was three years of providing food for his future wife's family and living with the wife's family and then the marriage is consummated - only after three years of proving that the male has his prorities correct.

Also the male third eye energy is used to heal the females - sure sometimes there was astral travel like if a person's spirit needed to be retrieved to bring it back to a person's body - but if the males were doing astral travel too much then the females threw water on the males....

ummmm...... so anyway basicaly gender dynamics are all messed up but females need the electromagnetic energy - it is the real male energy that creates love energy. Unfortunately trying to build up that love electromagnetic energy so it can be used for deep healing - it's very difficult since the females don't understand. haha. Also the males don't understand.

Well -- yeah for me - I just use mind concentration - like you said - a strong thought. I just repeat a mantra in my mind - if I remember. So emptying out the mind - while in the midst of a "normal" conversational setting - sometimes it's difficult to remember - but as soon as I feel that kicking in - with the female going on the offensive. haha. Often I just go into a kind of panic mode - like -- oh no I'm being hit on here -- but anyway if I do remember to concentrate my mind it is quite effective and a nice feeling that I can actually cause the female to stop trying to take my energy as she senses that it is futile.

hahaha.

yep -- like the old school kungfu movies - the young male goes off to train in secret with his master - but then his girlfriend shows up -- since she's the daughter of the old master who just got killed, the reason the young male is training to take revenge. The young male then tells his new master - "I think someone is watching us!" The new master then warns then young female that she will get caught if she keeps looking at the young male while he is training.

Anyway -- I have sensed this also - I can be outside working and I can actually feel my energy getting sucked up just by a female staring at me. haha.

So I was reading this Buddhist meditation book that someone sent me - and the "pre-requisite" for the training is in solitude at least a mile from the nearest village -

good luck finding that "pre-requisite" for meditation these days. haha.

So obviously the monasteries and the taoists training in solitude in caves, etc. -- yep it's for a reason.

Or else the training takes place in a culture where the females are not allowed to talk unless they are talked to or the females are otherwise subdued, etc. --

Alchemy basically then turns into a patriarchial culture as happened with Confucius and Plato and the caste system in India -- and even the "reforms" of these like Buddhism are misogynist.

but anyway if the proper understanding of gender dynamics occurs then this whole esoteric energy can be appreciated as not being sexist - in fact quite the contrary.

Unfortunately we are deeply embedded into a materialist framework that started back around 1200 BCE......

ummm the original human culture - the Bushmen -- the training required males in solitude, fasting for a month while during their puberty - and so with the older males also - so it would be an annual event - the Tshoma - and then before the males went hunting there was three days of no female contact.....

But at the same time if a male wanted to get married it was three years of providing food for his future wife's family and living with the wife's family and then the marriage is consummated - only after three years of proving that the male has his prorities correct.

Also the male third eye energy is used to heal the females - sure sometimes there was astral travel like if a person's spirit needed to be retrieved to bring it back to a person's body - but if the males were doing astral travel too much then the females threw water on the males....

ummmm...... so anyway basicaly gender dynamics are all messed up but females need the electromagnetic energy - it is the real male energy that creates love energy. Unfortunately trying to build up that love electromagnetic energy so it can be used for deep healing - it's very difficult since the females don't understand. haha. Also the males don't understand.

Well -- yeah for me - I just use mind concentration - like you said - a strong thought. I just repeat a mantra in my mind - if I remember. So emptying out the mind - while in the midst of a "normal" conversational setting - sometimes it's difficult to remember - but as soon as I feel that kicking in - with the female going on the offensive. haha. Often I just go into a kind of panic mode - like -- oh no I'm being hit on here -- but anyway if I do remember to concentrate my mind it is quite effective and a nice feeling that I can actually cause the female to stop trying to take my energy as she senses that it is futile.

hahaha.

Yea I don't think I would have noticed if I had not been lounging very still on the couch with my eyes closed. Though I also think all the meditation I did last week when I was on break helped my sensitivity also. Shes been gone about two hours now and I'm just starting to feel alive again lol. Prior to that even the idea of meditation seemed like an over whelming task, just too tired as in the deep down tired.

Its interesting what you said about the cultivation cultures. Since I am in TCM school naturally there are a lot of Chinese students here. I notice that I don't feel as drained with the Chinese girls cause as you said they usually only speak to you if spoken to, and even at that they make very limited eye contact and seem shy about the whole thing.

But yea the whole monastery or hermit in the cave thing is starting to make a lot more sense. It seems like this would have been easier in Alaska where I was before I came to Austin for school. It's relatively easy to not be around people much up there lol.

• Like 1

Yea I don't think I would have noticed if I had not been lounging very still on the couch with my eyes closed. Though I also think all the meditation I did last week when I was on break helped my sensitivity also. Shes been gone about two hours now and I'm just starting to feel alive again lol. Prior to that even the idea of meditation seemed like an over whelming task, just too tired as in the deep down tired.

Its interesting what you said about the cultivation cultures. Since I am in TCM school naturally there are a lot of Chinese students here. I notice that I don't feel as drained with the Chinese girls cause as you said they usually only speak to you if spoken to, and even at that they make very limited eye contact and seem shy about the whole thing.

But yea the whole monastery or hermit in the cave thing is starting to make a lot more sense. It seems like this would have been easier in Alaska where I was before I came to Austin for school. It's relatively easy to not be around people much up there lol.

oh yeah forgot about that and maybe you remember I lived in a cabin just south of Denali on a gravel road 9 miles west of Trapper Creek. Yep - closest phone 2 miles away. Very isolated. Of course I shared the cabin with a female. haha.

Still -- totally and also when I go up north in Minnesota - I can really feel the energy is so much stronger due to the purity of being in Nature more.

Chunyi says that is why he has his Level 4 retreat up on Lake Superior - he loves to look at the energy of the lake since it is so ancient, etc.

Anyway yeah it's all "good, better and best" as SFQ says - so a learning process. The mind concentration trick is really great for me though so hopefully I will remember it more. haha.

• Like 1

oh yeah forgot about that and maybe you remember I lived in a cabin just south of Denali on a gravel road 9 miles west of Trapper Creek. Yep - closest phone 2 miles away. Very isolated. Of course I shared the cabin with a female. haha.

Still -- totally and also when I go up north in Minnesota - I can really feel the energy is so much stronger due to the purity of being in Nature more.

Chunyi says that is why he has his Level 4 retreat up on Lake Superior - he loves to look at the energy of the lake since it is so ancient, etc.

Anyway yeah it's all "good, better and best" as SFQ says - so a learning process. The mind concentration trick is really great for me though so hopefully I will remember it more. haha.

Yes it is a very tricky situation indeed. Yea I had forgotten about you having been in Alaska for a while, but think now I remember you mentioning it before. I kind of miss it. I don't know if its just my imagination but the qi up north seems strong. One time up north my daughters flip flop fell into a pond and floated out to the middle. I drew it back to shore with qi alone and my kids jaws just dropped haha. They had always been lazy about doing qigong, but I think were more enthusiastic about it after that, at least that day lol.

I really would like to know what to do about this problem of energy loss around society. I mean after I got back from class today I was already tired having been around all the other students, and then hanging out with my roommate totally finished me off. The problem is that I was made so tired that I didn't even feel like meditating or anything. Its kind of frustrating actually cause you think to yourself, "I do all this meditation to build this qi and then people who don't even meditate at all just drink it up". Since its just not possible to be isolated right now, I'd really like to know ways to keep the energy loss to a minimum.

Yes it is a very tricky situation indeed. Yea I had forgotten about you having been in Alaska for a while, but think now I remember you mentioning it before. I kind of miss it. I don't know if its just my imagination but the qi up north seems strong. One time up north my daughters flip flop fell into a pond and floated out to the middle. I drew it back to shore with qi alone and my kids jaws just dropped haha. They had always been lazy about doing qigong, but I think were more enthusiastic about it after that, at least that day lol.

I really would like to know what to do about this problem of energy loss around society. I mean after I got back from class today I was already tired having been around all the other students, and then hanging out with my roommate totally finished me off. The problem is that I was made so tired that I didn't even feel like meditating or anything. Its kind of frustrating actually cause you think to yourself, "I do all this meditation to build this qi and then people who don't even meditate at all just drink it up". Since its just not possible to be isolated right now, I'd really like to know ways to keep the energy loss to a minimum.

yeah so when the third eye opens up more then you can recharge the energy faster. So then the mind concentration - it's like leveraging the energy vampires. haha. That's why I was sitting in full lotus - in public - but umm.... I think the mind concentration - to go into the Emptiness -- because as soon as your mind starts freaking out then the energy loss is real. I mean obviously..... the body-mind connection is key - so yeah the index fingers to the thumbs, reverse breathing, etc.

But for example if I'm driving a car? Yep mind concentration really works. haha. So I am learning this more.

I have been "flexing" my pineal gland which means I transmit out energy and so am not storing up energy -- but if I do more mind concentration during the day when I am "not" meditating I think this will make up for a lot.

• Like 1

For those of you who are out there, if you want me to heal, don't hug me and don't touch me. hahaha

A qigong master said this.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

I'm also wondering if in addition to what has already been discussed if another drain on the energy level can actually be breakthroughs. In the general sense I've noticed in the past that sometimes if I had been doing a lot of meditation or qigong and really felt the qi go deep to clear out something or heal something then I would be very tired for a while. Specifically yesterday I spent about 5 hours in meditation and towards the end of it dissolved a "knot" in my solar plexus that I had discovered which had been causing me a lot of bad feelings. Cool as this might have been I felt totally drained afterwards. I'm wondering if that coupled with being around so many people today as I already mentioned all contribute to me being so tired today?

I'm also wondering if in addition to what has already been discussed if another drain on the energy level can actually be breakthroughs. In the general sense I've noticed in the past that sometimes if I had been doing a lot of meditation or qigong and really felt the qi go deep to clear out something or heal something then I would be very tired for a while. Specifically yesterday I spent about 5 hours in meditation and towards the end of it dissolved a "knot" in my solar plexus that I had discovered which had been causing me a lot of bad feelings. Cool as this might have been I felt totally drained afterwards. I'm wondering if that coupled with being around so many people today as I already mentioned all contribute to me being so tired today?

ummm. Well there is "breaking up blockages" and then there's "adding energy" to the area where the blockage had been.

So the healing process first always starts with adding energy and then ends with adding energy since then the harmonized energy goes to where the blockage had been to fill it up again.

Yeah so I would say for meditation this means starting and ending with standing active exercise.

I don't always follow this - but I think this is probably a good idea at first at least.

I think so many don't move towards freedom because when you more there you are really alone. You just can't' do it with somebody else....

a qigong master said this.

haha.

Trauma is just a trial, a test.

Yeah.... I mean of course calling on the higher energy -- the qigong masters -- to help you out.....

So there's no need to limit yourself. haha.

Yes I am working on these things but also when "my" energy gets used by others - I see is also as I am part of a larger whole - and so those others are a part of the larger me, etc.

I mean it is a privilege that you can tap into the higher frequency energy that can heal others. And so even though I have not built up my energy to where it was -- still whatever energy I create at least it goes to a good purpose.

So for example if there is a perv attack by a male - ummm I did this based on what Chunyi said....

So he has some students in Sedona that were purposely taking his energy using some esoteric practices. He knew this but his attitude was they can take as much as they want since he can just recharge himself right away.

So then the people taking the energy are doing so based on a materialist limited philosophy - like they need to try to control people otherwise they lose - like a win or lose scenario and -- oh no! Suddenly they run into something that completely disproves their whole worldview - infinite energy creation!!! haha.

Oh no - reality is actually based on immaterial infinite energy from consciousness that is impersonal.

Yeah so I did this with a male perv - who prides himself on taking people's energy and feeling like he can control them and "conquer" them etc.

So I just sat in full lotus, flexing my pineal gland - charged him up - and Lo! oh no! What now! I got filled up and now I can't control myself !! I gotta go to the bathroom to now take care of my "problem." haha.

I've done that a couple times with male pervs - it's pretty funny - but I realized my energy was not strong enough to actually "convert" them from not being male pervs - but at least that made a dent in it.. .. and over the long term to keep doing that it does make a big difference.....

ummm......

You need to ground your energy back into the lower dan tien if your not already doing so with your qi-qong practice or meditation, circulate the energy around your aura, and then concentrate it back into the 'furnace'. All of it, especially if your around females. What happens is that male and female energy will automatically polarize and create a circuit so to speak where energy can be transferred back and forth. Since this chick is dating some one else, she is merely using you as a surrogate boyfriend so she can subconsciously harmonize or balance her energy. It's not until you get a girl friend, or if you had one in the past, that you will see how it is possible to energize each other sexually with not a lot of effort. By grounding all of your energy back into the lower dan tien, she will have to turn you on sexually to get your energy, so it will be harder. If your really good at cultivating, you can transform your energy to a higher frequency, shen, and she may not be able to 'feed'.

Also don't try thinking about it. Allowing your consciousness to go there, allows energy to flow there.

I've also read about bringing in the aura skin tight, but I have never bothered with this, if one practices focusing enough you can make energy stand still.

Since I am not always around females, I don't cultivate enough Yin chi it seems. Any time where I am around females for a extended around of time I tend to drain them or they became irate because I fail to reciprocate since i am so focused on personal cultivation and studies. Genuinely, it is suppose to be a win-win, give and take situation, where balance can be had naturally.

Edited by DragonsNectar69k

You need to ground your energy back into the lower dan tien if your not already doing so with your qi-qong practice or meditation, circulate the energy around your aura, and then concentrate it back into the 'furnace'. All of it, especially if your around females. What happens is that male and female energy will automatically polarize and create a circuit so to speak where energy can be transferred back and forth. Since this chick is dating some one else, she is merely using you as a surrogate boyfriend so she can subconsciously harmonize or balance her energy. It's not until you get a girl friend, or if you had one in the past, that you will see how it is possible to energize each other sexually with not a lot of effort. By grounding all of your energy back into the lower dan tien, she will have to turn you on sexually to get your energy, so it will be harder. If your really good at cultivating, you can transform your energy to a higher frequency, shen, and she may not be able to 'feed'.

Also don't try thinking about it. Allowing your consciousness to go there, allows energy to flow there.

I've also read about bringing in the aura skin tight, but I have never bothered with this, if one practices focusing enough you can make energy stand still.

Since I am not always around females, I don't cultivate enough Yin chi it seems. Any time where I am around females for a extended around of time I tend to drain them or they became irate because I fail to reciprocate since i am so focused on personal cultivation and studies. Genuinely, it is suppose to be a win-win, give and take situation, where balance can be had naturally.

First of all I like the comments about the dan tien, yes I think that's a good suggestion. As far as the females you are around becoming irritable because you don't reciprocate because of your cultivation I can probably sort of relate a little. Naturally my roommate and I are friends which is how we came to be roommates in the first place. We used to hang out more, but for a few reasons don't as often lately. One of those is obvious. She is really into her new bf so is pretty preoccupied with that. Aside from that I have been focusing more on cultivation lately, more than before so when I'm busy meditating I don't hang out with her and the rest of the gang as often. I think on a more subtle level since I am more focused on cultivation and therefore am less focused on her (less hanging out, less conversation) I'm reckoning that she gets less energy from me than she used to and therefore I seem less interesting to associate with. When I first met her I was attracted to her, but I am not anymore. She didn't become ugly or anything, I just cultivated. This is noticeable in that she is less chatty than before and suggests hanging out or doing things less than before. This part is not because she has a bf cause her, her bf and the rest of the gang still hang out quite a bit, so its not just them two.

Also its not just her and that group of friends. Then there are the people at my school as well. This is a different crowd. They too have sort of drifted from me, or I from them. On one level I think I'm less interesting to people when most of my attention is focused on cultivation and not them. On the other hand if I do engage in conversation with people they seem to be very chatty, as though they are thinking "oh lets get some of this energy while the conversation gates are open" lol. But if I'm not chatty I seem to be very boring to them, sometimes almost as thought I'm invisible. The only person I don't seem to ever be invisible to is this one class mate, a male whom buy his own admonition calls himself a perv. Yes he literally calls himself this, and I simply can not get away from this guy. I mean he's a nice guy, but he just lingers all the time.

Another comment you made about her using me as a surrogate bf struck me, cause I had not thought of it that way until you put it into words but sometimes that is how it feels, as if she uses me to help to balance her energy when her bf isn't around. I've also had the experience of people becoming irate as well. I was married at the time I first began to do qigong. My ex-wife hated me taking up qigong from day one, and I believe it was for several reasons. First of all she was very controlling and what wound up happening was that after doing qigong for a while I no longer put up with her crap anymore and left her. I suppose she felt that the qigong was loosening her grip over me on a subconscious level and resented it. I remember one specific incident where I had been doing a qigong meditation to work on my liver. I would notice that often if I worked on my liver my ex-wife would get more irritable, as though it was affecting her. So I had done this meditation and then we are in the car. She's not saying anything but I just know shes angry (with her 9 times out of 10 she was so par for the course lol). Anyways just feeling her anger and its intensity was very uncomfortable so I absorbed her liver qi into my lower dan tien, did reverse breathing sort of melted this liver qi down into a more generalized qi, ran this qi through my liver to impart kindness into it and then sent it back into my wife at which point she calmed down (temporarily) lol.

I had just dissolved this big knot in my solar plexus yesterday, and today in school this one lady was passing me, stops turns to me and with this livid face starts telling me how angry she is with her husband and the school administration lol. I was like "um ... I'm sorry you feel bad" lol. very odd.

Edited by dmattwads

Holy crap I had the weirdest night last night. Ok so after class and my roommate I was tired the whole rest of the night but at the same time mentally wired so that I could not go to sleep till about 1am. Then I finally go to sleep but have one of the weirdest dreams ever.

So in this dream I'm now roommates with this one woman in my school who recently broke up with her bf. So to make a long story short she tries to seduce me but I don't find her all that attractive so I don't really want to, so she leaves the room to go look for a condom I think. At this time that scene from "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia" pops into my mind about Denis' new German roommate talking about what a mistake it is to sleep with a roommate cause she always nagged him afterwards. So I think (this is still a dream lol) I need to distract myself so I see this random doughnut hole on the floor and eat it and it tastes so so good. Then she returns and right before she starts to get busy I wake up (which is what I always do with these sorts of dreams).

When I wake up its morning and I'm really tired, not refreshed at all. So now I'm pondering my dilemma again about how to go to school, be in class, talk to my roommate and friends and not get so drained from it all. So all the things people had been saying on here and other musings all ran through my head and I began to wondering if it might be beneficial to increase my ratio of standing exercises to sitting meditation a bit more. I remember Drew saying or quoting Chunyi Lin about how it was good to have something like a 3-1 ratio of standing dynamic forms to sitting meditation to build up jing, if I understood correctly. Well now I'm wondering (this is just theory to me as I have not tried it yet) if since being around people makes my body tired if doing more standing exercises for my body would help with that problem?

Personally, I find certain moving exercises help to keep mindfulness in daily life, since you train the same way, versus sitting in to total stillness and then going outside. The latter can be a bit of a shock when your fully situated and not so flexible, whereas when you're used to moving with mindfulness, it's easier to maintain that.

I've found it similar with mantra chanting (which I don't normally do) that saying the mantra while keeping a meditative mind helps to have a more enduring meditative mind since you are practicing keeping a meditative mind while speaking, which would normally require thoughts and ideas to be present in the mind. As a high level practitioner of just about anything can tell you, thoughts and ideas can get in the way of doing some things with full attention.

edit: another thing, is that fatigue can often be the body's and mind's way of avoiding resistance and difficulty, while meditative movements teach how to evade problems while maintaining calm and alertness.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 2

Personally, I find certain moving exercises help to keep mindfulness in daily life, since you train the same way, versus sitting in to total stillness and then going outside. The latter can be a bit of a shock when your fully situated and not so flexible, whereas when you're used to moving with mindfulness, it's easier to maintain that.

I've found it similar with mantra chanting (which I don't normally do) that saying the mantra while keeping a meditative mind helps to have a more enduring meditative mind since you are practicing keeping a meditative mind while speaking, which would normally require thoughts and ideas to be present in the mind. As a high level practitioner of just about anything can tell you, thoughts and ideas can get in the way of doing some things with full attention.

edit: another thing, is that fatigue can often be the body's and mind's way of avoiding resistance and difficulty, while meditative movements teach how to evade problems while maintaining calm and alertness.

I love the timing of your answer! After my last post I did a long session of a qigong standing moving set. I did it very slowly and deliberately, and with mindfulness. The same thing occurred to me as what you just said, about how doing mindfulness while moving amongst other things seems to help to bring mindfulness into daily life. In a thread I was discussing in in the Buddhist forum I had asked if it were possible to be a lay Buddhist and reach enlightenment. One of the answers I got was about an MD who even though working long hours had apparently reached some form of enlightenment. This caused me to consider bringing mindfulness into "real life" even more. Obviously he had to have been doing that (mindfulness in daily life) considering the long hours doctors work.

Doing the qigong form also made me more acutely aware of this mental divide I have between spirituality/meditation and every day life. There seems to exist in my mind a divide between the mental world and the physical world. As I was moving my physical body AND practicing mindfulness I saw the benefit of bringing those two practices together. In the past I had seen qigong exercises as something I just had to get through so that I would not get too out of shape and fat from meditating. I saw it as an aid to meditation at best, and at worst sometimes even a distraction. I realize this is a duality of thought and therefore not beneficial. Granted qigong is an excellent aid to sitting meditation as it makes sitting hurt less and helps the mind to be more calm and settled.

One additional interesting thing I noticed while doing the form was that I actually go winded several times, as though I had been doing cardio exercises.

• Like 1

Wow. My roommate decided to stay home last night as opposed to going to her bf's lol. So the other day I became aware of her sucking my energy and I stopped it, that was Monday. Yesterday (Tuesday) I come back from clinic and lo and behold shes home, which lately is rather unusual cause her and her bf are pretty much glued to each other and shes always over there. So I come in and shes like "oh lets get a pizza and some wine" lol. So on the way back from the market where we got the wine I notice her trying to suck my energy again, so again I stop it. I should insert that shes not doing this consciously at all. Shes actually one of my best friends, and a very nice person. So we get home and are chilling on the couch eating pizza, drinking wine, watching tv and talking a little. I keep feeling her trying to suck my energy so I finally think to myself "I might as well just let her have some cause if I don't she'll probably stay home again tomorrow night anyways" lol. (I like my roommate, but lately I value my space, that's all). So I finally just let her take some of my energy, then I get tired and go to bed lol. I guess it worked cause she made plans to go out with her bf tonight haha. It was just weird. I had been meditating a LOT last week since it was the break between semesters. I guess she felt the energy I had built up and just really wanted some lol.

I love the timing of your answer! After my last post I did a long session of a qigong standing moving set. I did it very slowly and deliberately, and with mindfulness. The same thing occurred to me as what you just said, about how doing mindfulness while moving amongst other things seems to help to bring mindfulness into daily life. In a thread I was discussing in in the Buddhist forum I had asked if it were possible to be a lay Buddhist and reach enlightenment. One of the answers I got was about an MD who even though working long hours had apparently reached some form of enlightenment. This caused me to consider bringing mindfulness into "real life" even more. Obviously he had to have been doing that (mindfulness in daily life) considering the long hours doctors work.

Doing the qigong form also made me more acutely aware of this mental divide I have between spirituality/meditation and every day life. There seems to exist in my mind a divide between the mental world and the physical world. As I was moving my physical body AND practicing mindfulness I saw the benefit of bringing those two practices together. In the past I had seen qigong exercises as something I just had to get through so that I would not get too out of shape and fat from meditating. I saw it as an aid to meditation at best, and at worst sometimes even a distraction. I realize this is a duality of thought and therefore not beneficial. Granted qigong is an excellent aid to sitting meditation as it makes sitting hurt less and helps the mind to be more calm and settled.

One additional interesting thing I noticed while doing the form was that I actually go winded several times, as though I had been doing cardio exercises.

yep. I think we're on to something. QiGong is a good training tool to bring meditation into daily life.

The "stillness" is relative as well. If every cell of your body moving at the same speed in the same direction, you can still achieve "stillness". Actually since cell doesn't really move in linear fashion, it's more like every cell inside your body spins in the same direction at its "natrual" frequency. That's why spin/spiral is very important in QiGong/Tai Chi.

Wow. My roommate decided to stay home last night as opposed to going to her bf's lol. So the other day I became aware of her sucking my energy and I stopped it, that was Monday. Yesterday (Tuesday) I come back from clinic and lo and behold shes home, which lately is rather unusual cause her and her bf are pretty much glued to each other and shes always over there. So I come in and shes like "oh lets get a pizza and some wine" lol. So on the way back from the market where we got the wine I notice her trying to suck my energy again, so again I stop it. I should insert that shes not doing this consciously at all. Shes actually one of my best friends, and a very nice person. So we get home and are chilling on the couch eating pizza, drinking wine, watching tv and talking a little. I keep feeling her trying to suck my energy so I finally think to myself "I might as well just let her have some cause if I don't she'll probably stay home again tomorrow night anyways" lol. (I like my roommate, but lately I value my space, that's all). So I finally just let her take some of my energy, then I get tired and go to bed lol. I guess it worked cause she made plans to go out with her bf tonight haha. It was just weird. I had been meditating a LOT last week since it was the break between semesters. I guess she felt the energy I had built up and just really wanted some lol.

Be a gentleman. Shower her with flattery.

I'm glad you made her day. A little kindness goes a long way.

Be a gentleman. Shower her with flattery.

I'm glad you made her day. A little kindness goes a long way.

Yea of course the draw back is that today I've been EXTREMELY tired :closedeyes:

Yea of course the draw back is that today I've been EXTREMELY tired :closedeyes:

Well, if she was the most desirable woman for you. You'd feel different now.

Was her unattractiveness to be blamed for your loss of energy?