• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3043 posts
  • Interests:programming, web development, php, c#, javascript, html, css

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Hi MooNiNite,
Thank you.

hi Alchemist,

just curious, but are there any videos of this master?

Or new articles?

Does this school have retreats in China? If so when is the next one.

Edited by MooNiNite, 29 July 2014 - 03:28 AM.

I am the light I see in others.

I am the sun so high above.

I am the sky rich with color.

I am the roots of the earth.

#18 alchemist

alchemist

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Daoist school Wuliupai

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:37 AM

hi Alchemist,
just curious, but are there any videos of this master?
Or new articles?

Does this school have retreats in China? If so when is the next one.

There are no videos, the School is not that open. That also applies to all kind of public retreats.
Regarding the articles: I will publish some in a few days.
BR

Edited by alchemist, 29 July 2014 - 12:45 AM.

• MooNiNite said thanks for this

#19 damdao

damdao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Daoism, Neidan (Yuxianpai, Wuliupai, Longmenpai, etc.), Qigong.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

Thank you very much for your willingness to share translations from an orthodox lineage.

The English page, although not official is very interesting (quite instructive are the translations of dialogues between the Patriarch and some disciples); the Russian pages and forum too but more difficult to read.

We hope to read soon some texts soon.

• Daeluin and alchemist said thanks for this

#20 alchemist

alchemist

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

Thank you very much for your willingness to share translations from an orthodox lineage.
The English page, although not official is very interesting (quite instructive are the translations of dialogues between the Patriarch and some disciples); the Russian pages and forum too but more difficult to read.
We hope to read soon some texts soon.

Hi damdao,
Thank you for your interest. I will publish the first translation this week.
BR
  • damdao said thanks for this

#21 damdao

damdao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

An anecdotal question (and in order to keep going the dialogue while waiting the texts), in reading the Huimingjing 慧命經 we found always references to Buddha (and Eva Wong point out to the Huayen School). 

Is there some connection between the Wuliupai School today and Buddhism (be it in curricular texts or any other way)?

• alchemist said thanks for this

#22 LaoZiDao

LaoZiDao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

"In the methods of the School WuLiu is not only collected all the best from many schools of Taoism, but it also includes the doctrines of Buddhism and Confucianism.

The Head of The School Wu Chung-Xu has explained in detail the general principles of different teachings in his book "Common Teachings of Immortals and Buddhas", the truth of the 3 teachings returning to their unity". Methods of WuLiuPai School took the major Buddhist works such as 金刚经, 楞 严 经, 华严经 and others, combined them with the works of perfect people in each school of Taoism, fused it into a single system, created the original School Dragon gate Teaching of Perfect Truth of Taoism. So the WuLiuPai School does not fully belong to Dragon Gates school now.

Chan guru Liu Hua-yang first was a Buddhist monk, after that he rejected the monastic life and started to follow the teachings of the Tao, he underwent a ritual of initiation into students in the School of the true man Wu Chung-Xu, having received his instructions and made practical and theoretical investigations and testified the identity of the methods of early Buddhism and the methods of heaven small circle in Taoism."

From the "unofficial" website.

#23 LaoZiDao

LaoZiDao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

"After that, both looked into thoroughly and understood, he wrote the famous work "Book of Understanding Life" 慧命经 and "Confirmatory Teachings of Golden Immortals 金仙证论 (jin from Huayanjin and indestructible body jingan indicate the level of shenxian). The books of School fully include the works of Wu Chung-Xu and Liu Hua-yang, in which are written the most important works of the Northern school of alchemy (the dual perfection of nature and destiny), Southern, Eastern and Western schools of alchemy, as well as school of Zhang Xanfeng and Middle School."
  • Bluemind and LaoZiDao said thanks for this

#24 alchemist

alchemist

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

An anecdotal question (and in order to keep going the dialogue while waiting the texts), in reading the Huimingjing 慧命經 we found always references to Buddha (and Eva Wong point out to the Huayen School). 
Is there some connection between the Wuliupai School today and Buddhism (be it in curricular texts or any other way)?

Hi damdao,
One of the founders of the School, Liu Huayang, was a Buddhist before becoming a Daoist. Also, there are a lot of references to the Buddhist concepts in the Wuliupai texts.
So there is a connection between Wuliupai and Buddhism.
BR

#25 damdao

damdao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

Thanks to both of you!

• alchemist said thanks for this

#26 exorcist_1699

exorcist_1699

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 985 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

"In the methods of the School WuLiu is not only collected all the best from many schools of Taoism......" 

Such a saying only shows how little the author's understanding of Taoist schools and their ways...  :- )

• Taoist Texts said thanks for this

#27 Taoist Texts

Taoist Texts

Joss Beaumont, espionnage et chataigne.

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2162 posts
  • Interests:Enka

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

"In the methods of the School WuLiu is not only collected all the best from many schools of Taoism......" 

Such a saying only shows how little the author's understanding of Taoist schools and their ways...  :- )

Impostors usually have no clue about what are they trying to impost.

• Moonbar said thanks for this
世人个个学长年,不悟年年在目前,我得宛丘平易法,只将食粥致神仙。

#28 opendao

opendao

DaoDe

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:Yu Xian Pai, Wu-Liu Pai, Internal Alchemy Neidan, ancient Daoism

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

Impostors usually have no clue about what are they trying to impost.

I'm awaiting when you reveal your wisdom about "taoist texts you have some knowledge about". But I see just a sarcasm without any substance... Is it all you can do? Not good to begin with, I would say.

#29 opendao

opendao

DaoDe

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:Yu Xian Pai, Wu-Liu Pai, Internal Alchemy Neidan, ancient Daoism

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

I've read your blog because I was feeling you're not so profane and secular as your words... Do you really know who is the author of this text? Do you know that this statement have a clear meaning for anyone who knows the history of Wu Chongxu? I think you were in a big rush and just skipped something important...

Edited by opendao, 05 August 2014 - 11:19 PM.

• Andy_W and Suliman said thanks for this

#30 alchemist

alchemist

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:18 PM

Such a saying only shows how little the author's understanding of Taoist schools and their ways... :- )

Wuliupai is a known and respected school in the Daoist circles of China. So I wonder how much do you know about the Daoist schools and their ways.
BR

#31 exorcist_1699

exorcist_1699

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 985 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:42 AM

Just raise two issues :

1) WuLiu says that  an abrupt , strong erection  (of course here referring to male practitioners' )  in our meditation, is a symtom  of the birth of  Yang (' 陽生' ) ; and , even though we are told  that it happens in a mindless status ,  such a claim is still doubtful , and already criticized by many Taoist masters .

2) Regarding " laying the foundation" ('築基’), WuLiu says that after having succeeded in  stopping the leakage of  our jing forever  , our foundation is  well laid ...  which similarly is doubtful and challenged by many people..

Wuliu's over-use of Buddhist sayings and  inappropriate introduction of some of Buddhist Sutra not only make Buddhists unhappy, but also  downgrade Taoist image ( although Taoists do not search for fame or position,  there is no need to give people wrong image...) .Don't get me wrong , I respect Wuliu , its masters and writings , a lot ;  only saying that it collects all the best from Taoist's , is far from the truth..

Edited by exorcist_1699, 06 August 2014 - 03:51 AM.

• gendao and Suliman said thanks for this

#32 alchemist

alchemist

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:18 AM

and , even though we are told  that it happens in a mindless status

This is an important difference from what is often criticized.

Regarding " laying the foundation" ('築基’), WuLiu says that after having succeeded in  stopping the leakage of  our jing forever  , our foundation is  well laid ...  which similarly is doubtful and challenged by many people..

That is because you might misunderstand what "stopping the leakage" is.

Wuliu's over-use of Buddhist sayings and  inappropriate introduction of some of Buddhist Sutra not only make Buddhists unhappy, but also  downgrade Taoist image ( although Taoists do not search for fame or position,  there is no need to give people wrong image...)

Liu Huayang was a Buddhist monk, so he is totally in his right to use Buddhist sayings.
BR

Edited by alchemist, 08 August 2014 - 01:44 AM.

• gendao and Kodoninja said thanks for this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users