Jedi777

Swine Flu in Mexico: The "New" Bird Flu

here this is what works......

Colloidal Silver

Garliq 1500mg capsules (take 4 minimum a day)

Vitamin C 5000mg to 10,000 mg

Vitamin B complex

Echinecea

Green Tea

Ginger

Acai berry

Goji Berry

Lavender Tea

Lots of CHI KUNG

Love

Santiago

here this is what works......

Colloidal Silver

Garliq 1500mg capsules (take 4 minimum a day)

Vitamin C 5000mg to 10,000 mg

Vitamin B complex

Echinecea

Green Tea

Ginger

Acai berry

Goji Berry

Lavender Tea

Lots of CHI KUNG

Love

Santiago

Well Said Santiago

Well Said Santiago

I'll second Santi's suggestions and add a few things - the cases in the US have either managed

to recover so far or to have been fairly mild infections, which is encouraging since this looks much less

virulent than the 1918 strain - to keep infection as low a

probability as possible, I suggest to start even more extensive

handwashing than usual at this time, this is one of THE best

preventatives to practice - avoid touching your face if your hands are not washed first, this is one of the primary routes for these viruses - if you want to give your

immune system a boost through this time I'd also *highly* recommend

coconut oil, vitamin C and bee propolis (check to make sure you are not

allergic to coconuts and propolis before taking any of this). The more extreme bowel tolerance protocols with vitamin C may even be useful in extreme cases.

Lauric acid in coconut oil has been shown to interfere with

replication of certain viruses, and I've used this over the years to

*really* good effect with respiratory illness - I was using this at a

dosage of 3T per meal when I was coming down with symptoms and these

usually abated with hours after starting this - of course, this is

just my small experience, but it's worth a shot - This oil is

definitely worth keeping in the cupboard, since it is readily

available and it's incorporation in the diet is relatively painless.

Here is a great link on this with more details:

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article10147.htm

Take care and be well,

Rene'

I thought colloidal silver has had no verification of any health benefits. That, and as it builds up in your skin is becomes toxic..

or you become one of the blue man group ;)

I've read somewhere that that is because of too large a particle size, and that ionic should be used instead of colloidal.

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/n.../dayintech_0324

Bottom line is, thwy make the virus to make us give our fear energy to them. But it is not working. The B$ just isnt cutting it anymore. and i live to see the day the monetary system collapses, so "so called healers" wont have any excuse to be more like salesmen anymore.

Swine Flu, 1918 pandemic flu, SARS and "cytokine storms". Keep your immune system balance !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swine_flu

By the report from Mexican, the mortality rate is about 3-6% of clinical cases. The 1918 pandemic flu mortality rate was 1%-2%. The 1918 pandemic flu killed more young people. The influenza triggered a stronger response from the bodies defenses. This stronger immune response is called "cytokine storms". The mortality rate of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome ) is much higher than 6%, and it also caused by stronger immune response.

In China's SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome ) epidemic in 2003, Chinese and Taiwanese officers and doctors had consulted Chinese Daoists on controlling this virus. At that time, the Chinese Health Minister was replaced/substituted by Vice Premier Wu Yi (woman). Madam Wu is a sort of heroine for many Chinese people. Madam Wu retired at the end of 2007. She also said that she would research traditional Chinese medicine after retirement.

(http://www.womenofchina.cn/Profiles/Officials/202762.jsp)

Practice the meditation on Daoism right way, is a good way to keep the immune system balance. The Daosim practice was proved to be efficient in China's 2003 SARS.

Edited by kathyli

The cytokine "storms" are an overreaction from the immune systems, which typically happens with younger people - In many cases, victims of the 1918 pandemic were killed by their own immune systems, the massive cytokine release creating a inflammatory nightmare - There is a strong correlation with this tendency of the immune system to overreact and low levels of vitamin D in the bloodstream - there also is some evidence to indicate that increasing vitamin D levels may reduce the possibility of the immune system overreacting while bolstering innate immunity, check out this recent review on flu and vitamin D levels, very eye-opening (the full article is available online at PubMed):

Virol J. 2008 Feb 25;5:29.

Comment in:

Virol J. 2008;5:149.

On the epidemiology of influenza.

Cannell JJ, Zasloff M, Garland CF, Scragg R, Giovannucci E.

Department of Psychiatry, Atascadero State Hospital, 10333 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA 93423, USA. [email protected]

The epidemiology of influenza swarms with incongruities, incongruities exhaustively detailed by the late British epidemiologist, Edgar Hope-Simpson. He was the first to propose a parsimonious theory explaining why influenza is, as Gregg said, "seemingly unmindful of traditional infectious disease behavioral patterns." Recent discoveries indicate vitamin D upregulates the endogenous antibiotics of innate immunity and suggest that the incongruities explored by Hope-Simpson may be secondary to the epidemiology of vitamin D deficiency. We identify - and attempt to explain - nine influenza conundrums: (1) Why is influenza both seasonal and ubiquitous and where is the virus between epidemics? (2) Why are the epidemics so explosive? (3) Why do they end so abruptly? (4) What explains the frequent coincidental timing of epidemics in countries of similar latitude? (5) Why is the serial interval obscure? (6) Why is the secondary attack rate so low? (7) Why did epidemics in previous ages spread so rapidly, despite the lack of modern transport? (8) Why does experimental inoculation of seronegative humans fail to cause illness in all the volunteers? (9) Why has influenza mortality of the aged not declined as their vaccination rates increased? We review recent discoveries about vitamin D's effects on innate immunity, human studies attempting sick-to-well transmission, naturalistic reports of human transmission, studies of serial interval, secondary attack rates, and relevant animal studies. We hypothesize that two factors explain the nine conundrums: vitamin D's seasonal and population effects on innate immunity, and the presence of a subpopulation of "good infectors." If true, our revision of Edgar Hope-Simpson's theory has profound implications for the prevention of influenza.

PMID: 18298852 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

take care and be well,

Rene'

Swine Flu, 1918 pandemic flu, SARS and "cytokine storms". Keep your immune system balance !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swine_flu

By the report from Mexican, the mortality rate is about 3-6% of clinical cases. The 1918 pandemic flu mortality rate was 1%-2%. The 1918 pandemic flu killed more young people. The influenza triggered a stronger response from the bodies defenses. This stronger immune response is called "cytokine storms". The mortality rate of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome ) is much higher than 6%, and it also caused by stronger immune response.

In China's SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome ) epidemic in 2003, Chinese and Taiwanese officers and doctors had consulted Chinese Daoists on controlling this virus. At that time, the Chinese Health Minister was replaced/substituted by Vice Premier Wu Yi (woman). Madam Wu is a sort of heroine for many Chinese people. Madam Wu retired at the end of 2007. She also said that she would research traditional Chinese medicine after retirement.

(http://www.womenofchina.cn/Profiles/Officials/202762.jsp)

Practice the meditation on Daoism right way, is a good way to keep the immune system balance. The Daosim practice was proved to be efficient in China's 2003 SARS.

Guest winpro07

Schizandra and Tumeric to settle immune response.

Goldenseal (root) placed in a paper tube and inserted to the back of the throat (takes two people) the other blows into the tube. This pushes the powder up behind the pallet and down under the back of the tongue. There are pockets of soft tissue in these spots where pathogens can stay unaffected by other medicine. Immune response begins there.

Alkalife is very effective to maintain PH balance

Public water supply has in the bay area now very high levels of fecal matter ans so, many bugs

MMS is very effective for water purification

Anything that gets wash with water like lettuce in a restaurant is not very safe in the city areas right now.

Oregano Oil -pure

Tumeric is a strong anti inflammatory. Reducing inflammation and balancing PH is very useful

GSE or grapefruit seed extract

Edited by winpro07

Regarding cytokines: some viruses (and some blood-based cancers) reprogram the immune system to flood the blood with cytokines -- it's not an overreaction of a normal healthy immune system, it's a mechanism used by the pathogen so as to keep the immune system busy fighting ghosts instead of the actual invader, itself. This mechanism is absolutely impossible to turn off until the virus (or the cancer) is destroyed, because the bastards multiply so fast. There's many, many herbs I know that are effective cytokine suppressors -- New Chapter has put a dozen or so of these in a single herbal formula, Zyflamed, available at HFSs (costing an arm and a leg though... I prefer loose herbs in bulk). However, all of these are useful in prolonged chronic inflammatory conditions with overproduction of cytokines going on routinely due to actual immune system "jumpiness" (usually created by vaccinations and aggravated by multiple exposures to hundreds of thousands of unnatural substances) -- and not at all in an acute scenario.

So the whole argument re the 1918 flu preferentially killing the young and healthy because their immune systems overreacted wouldn't make much sense to a good virologist. An alternative explanation -- that it was a designer virus customized specifically to kill the young and healthy, i.e. soldiers, the target population of the period, will of course be laughed off by "coincidence theorists." However, the current swine flu hasn't infected a single pig before miraculously appearing in humans, and is a combination of three viruses from three different species (human, avian, porcine) from three different continents. What are the odds of a virus of this kind occurring naturally?..

I don't see the point in many Americans getting worried over this. As long as you maintain a good health routine and don't put yourself in risk of getting ill then there should be no problem.

There have been eight cases in NY which is right across the river from me but I'm keeping my calm.

Also remember that standard treatment for flu victims back in 1918 was a potent cocktail of unlimited aspirin, an acetaminophen analogue, digitalis, opium or morphine, vaccines and various antitoxins. Whether the patients died of flu or of pharmaceutical drugs is not exactly clear.

Actually, the response of the immune system is a constant balancing act, vitamin D is involved in many more regulatory paths than previously thought - if someone's immune system is not healthy, there is an inherent tendency to overreact, take a look at this in any chronic inflammatory condition with increasing age. Check out the review, it's an interesting perspective.

Viruses are constantly mutating and the chance of these fragments recombining is not so crazy if you look at any highly populated area where humans and animals are in close proximity. If enough exposures and interactions happen, you'd be surprised how probabilities increase.

Regarding cytokines: some viruses (and some blood-based cancers) reprogram the immune system to flood the blood with cytokines -- it's not an overreaction of a normal healthy immune system, it's a mechanism used by the pathogen so as to keep the immune system busy fighting ghosts instead of the actual invader, itself. This mechanism is absolutely impossible to turn off until the virus (or the cancer) is destroyed, because the bastards multiply so fast. There's many, many herbs I know that are effective cytokine suppressors -- New Chapter has put a dozen or so of these in a single herbal formula, Zyflamed, available at HFSs (costing an arm and a leg though... I prefer loose herbs in bulk). However, all of these are useful in prolonged chronic inflammatory conditions with overproduction of cytokines going on routinely due to actual immune system "jumpiness" (usually created by vaccinations and aggravated by multiple exposures to hundreds of thousands of unnatural substances) -- and not at all in an acute scenario.

So the whole argument re the 1918 flu preferentially killing the young and healthy because their immune systems overreacted wouldn't make much sense to a good virologist. An alternative explanation -- that it was a designer virus customized specifically to kill the young and healthy, i.e. soldiers, the target population of the period, will of course be laughed off by "coincidence theorists." However, the current swine flu hasn't infected a single pig before miraculously appearing in humans, and is a combination of three viruses from three different species (human, avian, porcine) from three different continents. What are the odds of a virus of this kind occurring naturally?..

TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and SARS.

Paper Link:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/v3m0203lghg55567/

Paper title:

" Give full play the role of Traditional Chinese Medicine to prevent and Treat Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome with Integrative Chinese and Western Medicine approach"

Journal name:

Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, Volume 9, Number 2 / June, 2003

WU Yi summarized that she was greatly inspired by the participants opinions, and pointed out that since SARS occurred in some districts in China, broad mass of TCM professionals actively devoted themselves to the prevention and treatment of SARS, particularly some aged TCM veterans, despite that their age is high, they actively ask for participation, which sufficiently display the lofty character of bearing the trouble of country, and solving the suffering of people, and the offering spirit of being fearless facing danger to heal the wounded and rescue the dying, which won the praise and respect of people mass. WU Yi expressed her heartfelt gratitude to over 1 800 TCM practitioners in combating SARS in the frontline. WU Yi stressed that TCM practitioner is an important force in combating SARS, one should sufficiently recognize the scientific value of TCM, actively utilize the resources of TCM, give full play the role of TCM practitioners, integrate the traditional Chinese and western medicine.

There's many, many herbs I know that are effective cytokine suppressors -- New Chapter has put a dozen or so of these in a single herbal formula, Zyflamed, available at HFSs (costing an arm and a leg though... I prefer loose herbs in bulk). However, all of these are useful in prolonged chronic inflammatory conditions with overproduction of cytokines going on routinely due to actual immune system "jumpiness" (usually created by vaccinations and aggravated by multiple exposures to hundreds of thousands of unnatural substances) -- and not at all in an acute scenario.

Can someone explain in simple words how a virus could could integrate DNA from another virus? I mean... as far as I know viruses procreate by cell division, not by copulation. ;) Or do they have a DNA scavenging habit?

Can someone explain in simple words how a virus could could integrate DNA from another virus?
It can't... This video explains the whole thing and all the players behind it:

GBeKB7aKzOs